Pope canonizes first Australian saint...

Pope canonizes first Australian saint, 5 others

There are 25 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 17, 2010, titled Pope canonizes first Australian saint, 5 others. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Pope Benedict XVI proclaimed Australia's first saint on Sunday, canonizing a 19th-century nun and also declaring five other saints in an open-air Mass attended by tens of thousands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Black Magic Woman

El Paso, TX

#1 Oct 17, 2010
False prophet making saints. Because Catholics can have many mediators this is the the type of black magic that is increasing in the Catholic church:

Angel Baby

United States

#2 Oct 17, 2010
So what - we """burn the witches """"
Just pray As instructed at the Fatima -
The Day The Sun Spun ...

That will dry up all the lame evil ...

In exorcisms the devil flees When Virgin Mary is invoked ...

True

" emnity btw The Woman and The Serpent"

Mary Rules !

He can't take her "up here" ( everyone else know she's irrefutably perfect )

The devil is criminally insane

D evil smeville - he really knows how to ...
FWsouthsider

Baltimore, MD

#3 Oct 17, 2010
More middlemen (and women) to be added between the sinner and their God.

Funny, I was told that the Roman Church saved the Bible throughout the early centuries after Christ walked this earth... but that same church ignores key scriptures from that Bible in favor of their traditions. Guess several centuries of changes made by men who fancied themselves above commands to not add to or to take away from God's Word add up... including veneration of sinners in need of salvation.
ABC

United States

#4 Oct 17, 2010
sorry, but you do not HAVE to venerate any of the saints in order to obtain salvation--that is not a Catholic teaching and not what veneration is about. Please learn the real Catholic teachings of you want to talk intelligently about Catholicism.
(another common mistake about Catholics is that we worship statues which according to the Bible are graven images. well, if you as a person have ever taken a photo of yourself or a photo of someone you have created a graven image. No you say? You say that they are only reminders of the person, right? so are the statues, and icons in Catholicism---they didn't have cameras that far back in time after all :O)
FWsouthsider

Baltimore, MD

#5 Oct 17, 2010
I had the misfortune to be raised in Romanism (Catholic means Universal which Romanism certainly is not). We prayed to Mary and to other sinners saved by the sacrifice of Christ. That means we prayed to people no better then we ourselves are. You friend need to face that fact.

When you pray to anyone but the Lord you take glory away from the Lord. When you pray to anyone but the Lord, then you worship what is imperfect in favor of what is perfect. You are misguided and need to read your Bible without Romanism's teachings muddying your understanding.

If you dare, look to see what the Bible says about who received worship and who did not. Jesus accepted worship because Jesus is God. Angels did not receive worship. Peter and Paul did not receive worship... and they were far more important to recording and to spreading the Word of God then most any of the other saints Romanism has created.
FWsouthsider

Baltimore, MD

#6 Oct 17, 2010
Luke 1:46-47 (Young's Literal Translation)

46 And Mary said,`My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit was glad on God my Saviour,

Mary herself admits that Jesus is her Savior. That means that Mary needed Salvation. And that means that Mary was a sinner.

Look for yourself at this scripture ABC. No need to take my word for it.
Ted

El Paso, TX

#7 Oct 17, 2010
ABC wrote:
sorry, but you do not HAVE to venerate any of the saints in order to obtain salvation--that is not a Catholic teaching and not what veneration is about. Please learn the real Catholic teachings of you want to talk intelligently about Catholicism.
(another common mistake about Catholics is that we worship statues which according to the Bible are graven images. well, if you as a person have ever taken a photo of yourself or a photo of someone you have created a graven image. No you say? You say that they are only reminders of the person, right? so are the statues, and icons in Catholicism---they didn't have cameras that far back in time after all :O)
What are you talking about? Who are you responding to? No one so far has equated giving veneration to saints to obtain salvation.
Argelia Gamez

El Paso, TX

#8 Oct 17, 2010
Just to know that there are still good, very good people in this wierd world is increadible. As a catholic I do believe that saints are those that do not think of themselves for profit but are always thinking of ways of how to halp others to the extreme. Any of us who are doing this...I would love to meet you, there are none that I know of, not even me...how sad.
Argelia Gamez

El Paso, TX

#9 Oct 17, 2010
FWsouthsider wrote:
I had the misfortune to be raised in Romanism (Catholic means Universal which Romanism certainly is not). We prayed to Mary and to other sinners saved by the sacrifice of Christ. That means we prayed to people no better then we ourselves are. You friend need to face that fact.
When you pray to anyone but the Lord you take glory away from the Lord. When you pray to anyone but the Lord, then you worship what is imperfect in favor of what is perfect. You are misguided and need to read your Bible without Romanism's teachings muddying your understanding.
If you dare, look to see what the Bible says about who received worship and who did not. Jesus accepted worship because Jesus is God. Angels did not receive worship. Peter and Paul did not receive worship... and they were far more important to recording and to spreading the Word of God then most any of the other saints Romanism has created.
Saints are just reminders that we are to be as close as Jesus' image. They are those people. They are humans like you and me but with one detail, they strive to be perfect...Catholicism does not mean perfection...it means the road, the way, the rules to become what our Father in Heaven wants us become. I' sorry you didn't understand our teachings, maybe bad exaples...but if you have a better religion that this one, point it to me, take me to it, I'll folllow.
Argelia Gamez

El Paso, TX

#10 Oct 17, 2010
FWsouthsider wrote:
You pray to the Lord Our Father, your ask his saints to interceede for us...that is why God created saints. We don't pray to them, we ask them to help us get our message to Our Father when we feel we are not worgthy of communicatin with HIM.
Finepix

Pflugerville, TX

#11 Oct 17, 2010
How can a mortal declare who is a Saint? Leaders in the Catholic church can't even recognize pedophiles?\.
Cannonize Argelia

Hobbs, NM

#12 Oct 17, 2010
Finepix wrote:
How can a mortal declare who is a Saint? Leaders in the Catholic church can't even recognize pedophiles?\.
yeah, but you haven't met Argelia G....as member of the Order of F***ing(Flying) Nuns, she can spot one at 1000 ft.
But, per Head Honcho Pope's directives, she cannot disclose identities until cleared by the Big V.
In othe words: "F***(Fly) all you want, but keep your trap shut".
All in favor of cannnooonizing Ms. Gamez, say AYE, AYE, AYE!
Votes will be tallied by an impartial group of EP Times reporters.

Since: Jan 08

New York, NY

#13 Oct 17, 2010
Finepix wrote:
Religion!?
Cannonize Argelia

Hobbs, NM

#14 Oct 17, 2010
Guess El Popelote wants to get on good terms with the boys "Down Under".....hmmmmm.
Dragonfly

Auckland, New Zealand

#15 Oct 17, 2010
So now we can make a Mary McKillop idol and kneel down and pray to her?
Is this not contrary in spirit and in fact to the Second Commandment ~~~

"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."

Just wait a few days and the "statue" will be in the news.
Dragonfly

Auckland, New Zealand

#16 Oct 17, 2010
Argelia Gamez wrote:
You pray to the Lord Our Father, your ask his saints to interceede for us...that is why God created saints. We don't pray to them, we ask them to help us get our message to Our Father when we feel we are not worgthy of communicatin with HIM.
We pray to God the Father THROUGH Yeshua (His Son) who is our one and ONLY mediator.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave,(Hebrew Sheol ) where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

People who die wait for the voice of the Archangel to awaken them.
Those who are saved wait for the first resurrection. The wicked awaken in the second resurrection.

God told Adam and Eve that they would SURELY die.

The pope says no. Catholics will go to Purgatory for a while and THEN go to Heaven.
Not Again

Hobbs, NM

#17 Oct 17, 2010
Dragonfly wrote:
<quoted text>........"The pope says NO. Catholics will go to Purgatory for a while and THEN go to Heaven."
definition of Purgatory: Catholic version of a "half-way house".(wonder which saint came up with that Purgatory baloney)

Silly...but, hey you gotta believe what they throw at you if you want to stay "faithful".

“Can't Touch Dis!”

Since: Sep 10

Stroudsburg, PA

#18 Oct 17, 2010
Finepix wrote:
Good question!!
Saint

El Paso, TX

#19 Oct 17, 2010
Black Magic Woman wrote:
False prophet making saints. Because Catholics can have many mediators this is the the type of black magic that is increasing in the Catholic church:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NC5YyAqg1ZgXX
you sound ignorant. The focal point of Catholism is resurection and eternal life.
Saint

El Paso, TX

#20 Oct 17, 2010
Finepix wrote:
perform miracles in the name of Christ and GOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Mar '16 MichelleMC 219,900
News Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Jul '14 fener 20
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jul '13 Truthsayer777 14,371
News Pope Urges Irish Bishops to Confront Abuse (Feb '10) May '13 Highknee Hertz 6
News Poll: Does the pope's statement surprise you? (Nov '10) Mar '13 Sol 78
News What made John Paul II truly 'Great (Apr '12) Feb '13 Thesis 2
News Pope Names 4 New Saints (Jun '07) Jan '13 ELIAS IBARRA 830
More from around the web