John Paul II one step closer to saint...

John Paul II one step closer to sainthood | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 2 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 15, 2011, titled John Paul II one step closer to sainthood | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Pope Benedict XVI moved his beloved predecessor a step closer to sainthood yesterday, confirming a miracle by John Paul II and setting May 1 as the date of his beatification.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Doubting Thomas

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 15, 2011
I wish at least one of the miracles that would be required for sainthood would be a "hard miracle". That is for example one that can't be manufactured. Let's see.........have new leg grow on a war injured amputee; have a person who has been dead and buried for at least a week be brought back to life; have someone who is beheaded have his head reattached with no loss of function. I just have a bit of a problem with all the soft miracles that see to pass muster.

“I hate watermelon!”

Since: Dec 10

Stroudsburg, PA

#2 Jan 16, 2011
Doubting Thomas wrote:
I wish at least one of the miracles that would be required for sainthood would be a "hard miracle". That is for example one that can't be manufactured. Let's see.........have new leg grow on a war injured amputee; have a person who has been dead and buried for at least a week be brought back to life; have someone who is beheaded have his head reattached with no loss of function. I just have a bit of a problem with all the soft miracles that see to pass muster.
Very good post. There are no such things as miracles. People simply WANT to believe in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Mar '17 Tre H 216,216
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb '17 Phart Athletically 165
News Geffen Records Signs New Artist: Pope Benedict XVI (Jul '09) Feb '17 Phart Piously 33
News The Vatican Embraces Facebook and the iPhone (May '09) Feb '17 Phart Religiously 55
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan '17 Serah 14,364
News Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Jul '14 fener 20
News Pope Urges Irish Bishops to Confront Abuse (Feb '10) May '13 Highknee Hertz 6