Pope monitoring Iran stoning woman case

Full story: CNN

Pope Benedict XVI is monitoring the case of an Iranian woman sentenced to death by stoning and has not ruled out getting involved through diplomatic channels, the Vatican said Sunday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
scout

Albany, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Too much. The hypocrite pope fails to understand that the Iranian heathen position is far closer to the truth than itself.

lol.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 5, 2010
 
scout wrote:
Too much. The hypocrite pope fails to understand that the Iranian heathen position is far closer to the truth than itself.
lol.
You have a problem with him atempting to help that poor woman?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 5, 2010
 
Make that "attempting".:-/

“oderint dum metuant”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 5, 2010
 
"monitoring" what???

Making sure her final meal is up to par?

Her go to stoning underwear is clean?

Make sure she's healthy before she's stoned?

WTF does monitoring help with?

Just another term for big talk with no action...

Since: Jan 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jesus had a much more active response to a similar situation. Perhaps the Pope should study his materials harder.

“It's about the American People”

Since: Jun 07

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 5, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The Pope is keeping very soft and kind diplomacy toward the brutal radical Islamic regimes that persecute Christians in Islamic counries in the Middle East and deny their basic human rights treating them as second class residents and as inferior residents to the "supremacy Muslim class".
Recent discoveries about the financing of the Victory Mosque on New York city Ground Zero that will be built over the graves of 3000 innocent Americans that were murdered by Islamic terrorists show the connection of Imam Hashem al Zonadi and NYC Imam Naof to Hamas and Ahmadinajad the evil dictator of Iran and the strongest leader of Islam all over the world.
Ahmadinajad is seeking the expansion and spreading to NYC and US of the barbaric Islamic Shariya laws of the 7th century that use stoning of innocent women in Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan and treating women as slaves with no human rights. According to Imam Naof and Ahmadinajad Shariya laws will be the new laws of New York City under the imam Obama of the White House and his avid Islamic terrorist sympathizer and media tycoon Michael Bloomberg. However, the American people will stand up to Obama and Bloomberg’s cooperation with Ahmadinajad in effort to convert the Cordoba style Mosque in ground zero to the new Mecca center of the Islamic brotherhood all over the world, pushing the Shariya laws in NYC and all over US and conversion of NYC to the recruitment city of Islamic terrorists for the Hamas and Hezbollah that will terrorize NYC from within.

“To love and be loved”

Since: Jun 08

right here, right now...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TAKE NOTE:

The monitoring of the case of the Iranian woman sentenced to death has not ruled out getting involved through diplomatic channels, the Vatican said.

As he has in the past in humanitarian cases, the pope would intervene if asked by authorities in another country and would do so through proper diplomatic channels, not publicly, Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi said in a statement.
People are Powerful

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Jones wrote:
The Pope is keeping very soft and kind diplomacy toward the brutal radical Islamic regimes that persecute Christians in Islamic counries in the Middle East and deny their basic human rights treating them as second class residents and as inferior residents to the "supremacy Muslim class".
So what are you saying, are you against the Pope from working the diplomatic channels.

btw The rest of your post is off topic and typically unhelpful speading of hatred. Stay more focused on the subject and you may get somewhere.
Theo

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 5, 2010
 
It is very well and noble especially that it seems that these Iranian officials will show mercy and do not kill this woman.
If Pope will succed then he should end crime against humanity and genocide commited by usa and ,,postchristian - nato countries,, which is commited in Afghanistan and Pakistan from years. I hope that he sees suffering of millions of innocent Afghans and Pakistanis which is just caused by these brutal, plundering invasions commited by usa and nato.
Obi Won

Dekalb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I haven't seen barack do anything about these incidednts
maryanne

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Maybe you are young and barak obama is the first president you voted for or in whose presidency your consciouness bloomed....but this one president is not to blame for the ills of the world nor can he just stop them. Look at all our past presidents who haven't succeeded.....why is it up to Obama? Do you think Hillary will fix it all? How bout limbaugh? I think you need to be more aware of presidential responsibilities and the governments of the world and its leaders. What by the way are you doing about it?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 5, 2010
 
Jones wrote:
....
Recent discoveries about the financing of the Victory Mosque on New York city Ground Zero that will be built over the graves of 3000 innocent Americans that were murdered by Islamic terrorists show the connection of Imam Hashem al Zonadi and NYC Imam Naof to Hamas and Ahmadinajad the evil dictator of Iran and the strongest leader of Islam all over the world......
What a pompous fraud your are. There is no mosque. There are no graves. The president of Iran is not powerful, just a big talker who keeps people riled up just like a Republican. Those involved in the Islamic center a few blocks from where the trade center used to be have been quite successful in raising money, probably because of the anti Islamic propaganda spread by people like yourself. Did you get a thank you card yet? Check your mail.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Theo wrote:
It is very well and noble especially that it seems that these Iranian officials will show mercy and do not kill this woman.....
On the other hand a pope once asked the governor of Texas to spare the life of someone that he regarded as worthy of some mercy. The governor of Texas effectively told the pope to drop dead. Wasn't that George Bush? Didn't Mike Huckabee display exactly the same response to a papal plea for mercy?
Roblogger

Milton, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Is it not interesting to note that none of the christians and others who complain about Islamic matters actually know what the Islamic law is on punishment for example. The Prophet himself repeatedly urged mercy in all cases except the most extreme and that was his personal example.
Actually a certain well know Prophet preached against the twin towers financial policies being promoted by jews in Jerusalem at that time.
I wonder how they overlooked that as well. Perhaps the pom Hawking is really their God after all.
HANNIBAL

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 6, 2010
 
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You have a problem with him atempting to help that poor woman?
Poor woman nothing ; she broke rules / laws & is aware of the consequences.. We know the Pope is all politics anyhow.. Iran has its fair & successful system of justice that has been founded for many years.. Above all it should be respected & not tempered even though not all of us agree with it.. Even though the entire world does not agree with any of the systems of justice doesn't mean that any changes are relevent or necessary.. Females globally need to learn that their choices will be limited & to respect man's law.

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 6, 2010
 
Mad Dog USN wrote:
"monitoring" what???
Making sure her final meal is up to par?
Her go to stoning underwear is clean?
Make sure she's healthy before she's stoned?
WTF does monitoring help with?
Just another term for big talk with no action...
Notice "monitoring" is a word used by CNN not a quote. Even if it were in quotes it may be poorly translated by CNN.

Remember recent NYT articles with badly translated "smoking guns" which they retracted later.
maryanne

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 6, 2010
 
HANNIBAL wrote:
<quoted text> Poor woman nothing ; she broke rules / laws & is aware of the consequences.. We know the Pope is all politics anyhow.. Iran has its fair & successful system of justice that has been founded for many years.. Above all it should be respected & not tempered even though not all of us agree with it.. Even though the entire world does not agree with any of the systems of justice doesn't mean that any changes are relevent or necessary.. Females globally need to learn that their choices will be limited & to respect man's law.
Why?

“oderint dum metuant”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 6, 2010
 
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice "monitoring" is a word used by CNN not a quote. Even if it were in quotes it may be poorly translated by CNN.
Remember recent NYT articles with badly translated "smoking guns" which they retracted later.
Okay, point taken....observing from a distance then..

Same outcome regardless of the term..
Roblogger

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 7, 2010
 
Maryanne!! I understand it all now, men caused 9/11 and failed to heed a well known prophets teaching concerning it as well!!
Kay

Laatzen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 8, 2010
 
laojim wrote:
<quoted text>
What a pompous fraud your are. There is no mosque. There are no graves. The president of Iran is not powerful, just a big talker who keeps people riled up just like a Republican. Those involved in the Islamic center a few blocks from where the trade center used to be have been quite successful in raising money, probably because of the anti Islamic propaganda spread by people like yourself. Did you get a thank you card yet? Check your mail.
naturally that Muslims must have centers to be able to pray, to cultivate own culture. It is sad that it is such rascism and intolerance against these Islamic culture and nations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Apr 9 kim 220,782
Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jul '13 Truthsayer777 14,391
Pope Urges Irish Bishops to Confront Abuse (Feb '10) May '13 Highknee Hertz 6
Poll: Does the pope's statement surprise you? (Nov '10) Mar '13 Sol 78
What made John Paul II truly 'Great (Apr '12) Feb '13 Thesis 2
Pope Names 4 New Saints (Jun '07) Jan '13 ELIAS IBARRA 830
Australian bishop retires early, 'drained' by a... (Apr '12) Nov '12 QUITTNER 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••