Pope screens film about his pontificate

Pope screens film about his pontificate

There are 79 comments on the Catholic World News story from Jul 30, 2010, titled Pope screens film about his pontificate. In it, Catholic World News reports that:

Pope Benedict XVI attended an advance screening of a film about his pontificate on July 29 at his summer residence in Castel Gandolfo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Catholic World News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

East Stroudsburg, PA

#61 Aug 7, 2010
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of Topix!
Next...
Discrimination!!!! I'm black and non-Catholic!!! And you cannot take my right to FREE SPEECH away, anti-American!

Since: Aug 10

East Stroudsburg, PA

#62 Aug 7, 2010
RealSheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
Discrimination!!!! I'm black and non-Catholic!!! And you cannot take my right to FREE SPEECH away, anti-American!
Move over, RealSheryl - RealTessie is back!!

“To love and be loved”

Since: Jun 08

right here, right now...

#63 Aug 8, 2010
RealSheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
Still out of Topix, my dear RealSheryl. But a penny for your thoughts... "God is equal."

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#64 Aug 8, 2010
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
Still out of Topix, my dear RealSheryl. But a penny for your thoughts... "God is equal."
Continued:

"God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him" (Acts 10:34-35).

East Stroudsburg, PA

#65 Aug 8, 2010
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
None of your business what I think. And you shouldn't discriminate against blacks if you're truly "religious".
Hmmm

West Chicago, IL

#66 Aug 8, 2010
RealTessie wrote:
<quoted text>
None of your business what I think. And you shouldn't discriminate against blacks if you're truly "religious".
Oh, she thinks she's above everyone else, because she is "a natural-born Catholic and a 100% and Class A Roman Catholic"(her words). ROTFL!!!

Thinks she's arrogant much? In addition, she's one to talk about off topic (or "out of topix" as she says, LOL - she goes all over the Offbeat forum (which is a light hearted forum for everyone) and preaches HER brand of religion, and scolds people for not being pious enough to her liking (when they make fun of her). But she's not above getting mean and whips out the f-word when she is put on the spot about her ignorance of her own (professed) religion!

East Stroudsburg, PA

#67 Aug 8, 2010
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, she thinks she's above everyone else, because she is "a natural-born Catholic and a 100% and Class A Roman Catholic"(her words). ROTFL!!!
Thinks she's arrogant much? In addition, she's one to talk about off topic (or "out of topix" as she says, LOL - she goes all over the Offbeat forum (which is a light hearted forum for everyone) and preaches HER brand of religion, and scolds people for not being pious enough to her liking (when they make fun of her). But she's not above getting mean and whips out the f-word when she is put on the spot about her ignorance of her own (professed) religion!
Not surprised she was born Catholic, i.e., brainwashed from a very early age. That's what keeps many catholics from even daring to question what they're told they must and must not do. I used to be that way myself. Now I can clearly see the hypocrisy, lies and manmade dogma for what it really is - an institution that learned early on how to control the masses. People like K&T are scared sh*tless of disagreeing with anything their "holy father" lays down as law. And I mean they are SCARED. They've lived (and believed) that hellfire is just waiting for them if they so much as question the rules that have been set forth for them. They're just a rich and powerful cult. A cult that produces countless hateful monsters like Luke, who are full of pride, self-righteousness, and love the thought of others being punished and tortured. They don't go to God out of love but of fear, that's all. I do remember being a very happy catholic when I was a young kid, but kids trust adults too easily. I was lucky though in that all the priests and nuns my friends and I hung around with were truly devoted and decent people. I still enjoy thinking of those memories now and then but I was so "in the dark" because I was only a little kid, young teen actually. Take for example, Communion - no matter how you slice it (no pun intended) it's bread and wine and will show up as such under total intense scrutiny - the "accidents" of bread and wine. To be able to change substances would be the same as magic and I don't believe in that. I think the Real Presence, which wasn't even written into dogma til many, many years after Jesus' crucifixion, is a naive misunderstanding of what Jesus told them at the Last Supper. It could in no way be His literal body/blood due to the fact that He still had His body and blood! I'm convinced He merely meant it to be symbolic - but hundreds of years later, the same type of superstitious fanatics that head up the church today decided it was literally His flesh and blood. Impossible. He sat there with them in His flesh with His blood still coursing through His body. They WANT to believe it's to be taken literally, so they at some future time wrote it into dogma. There is no such thing as magic, any thinking person knows that. Symbolism greatly abused, that's all it is in reality.

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#68 Aug 9, 2010
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
200% and First Class A1, FYI...

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#69 Aug 9, 2010
RealTessie wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say anything about that, did I? My main point is to stick to the subject matter -- that is about the Pope screening the film of his Five Year Pontificate.

If you want to discuss about discrimination you can create another thread. I hope you understand me.

East Stroudsburg, PA

#70 Aug 9, 2010
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say anything about that, did I? My main point is to stick to the subject matter -- that is about the Pope screening the film of his Five Year Pontificate.
If you want to discuss about discrimination you can create another thread. I hope you understand me.
I have no interest in even attempting to understand you - and don't you DARE claim YOU never go off-topic. Everyone does, sometimes. But I do admit you're right, we should ALL make a better effort to stay with the subject.

East Stroudsburg, PA

#71 Aug 9, 2010
K&T, I take the above snotty remark back. You didn't deserve that. I'm sorry, okay?
Cruzader99

Alpharetta, GA

#72 Aug 9, 2010
RealTessie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no interest in even attempting to understand you - and don't you DARE claim YOU never go off-topic. Everyone does, sometimes. But I do admit you're right, we should ALL make a better effort to stay with the subject.
It's not lost on me how you chose a black panther to put up on your avatar! They are the most racist group of people on earth against whites.

The Black Panthers:

http://robsrantings.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/...

You're the racist, Sheryl! That's all you ever do is bring up the color of one's skin and then you put that up on your avatar! You're as see through as glass.

East Stroudsburg, PA

#73 Aug 10, 2010
Cruzader99 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not lost on me how you chose a black panther to put up on your avatar! They are the most racist group of people on earth against whites.
The Black Panthers:
http://robsrantings.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/...
You're the racist, Sheryl! That's all you ever do is bring up the color of one's skin and then you put that up on your avatar! You're as see through as glass.
LOL - That's not a panther - it' a cat!!!!!!!!!! You're never right about anything! You totally crack me up, bozo!

“To love and be loved”

right here, right now...

#74 Aug 10, 2010
RealTessie wrote:
K&T, I take the above snotty remark back. You didn't deserve that. I'm sorry, okay?
Thanks a lot. Peace, love and joy!

East Stroudsburg, PA

#75 Aug 10, 2010
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, when I get back later I'll start a thread regarding being religious and discriminatory at the same time.

East Stroudsburg, PA

#76 Aug 10, 2010
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, K&T, peace to you also, I mean it :) I've always known you were a decent person.

East Stroudsburg, PA

#77 Aug 10, 2010
KissandTell wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't mean to double-post.

Uh, you do know that's a cat, right? I wouldn't have a panther for a pet :)
Cruzader99

Alpharetta, GA

#78 Aug 10, 2010
RealTessie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - That's not a panther - it' a cat!!!!!!!!!! You're never right about anything! You totally crack me up, bozo!
It's a Black Panther you racist!

Has the same black coat and gold eyes as this creature.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

You aren't fooling anyone, doofus!

East Stroudsburg, PA

#79 Aug 11, 2010
Cruzader99 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a Black Panther you racist!
Has the same black coat and gold eyes as this creature.
http://www.google.com/imgres...
You aren't fooling anyone, doofus!
Don't try and tell me you've never seen a CAT with that coloring! Wild animals are NOT allowed around here as pets, DOOFUS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jul '16 Marco the atheist 14,374
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Mar '16 MichelleMC 217,509
News Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Jul '14 fener 20
News Pope Urges Irish Bishops to Confront Abuse (Feb '10) May '13 Highknee Hertz 6
News Poll: Does the pope's statement surprise you? (Nov '10) Mar '13 Sol 78
News What made John Paul II truly 'Great (Apr '12) Feb '13 Thesis 2
News Pope Names 4 New Saints (Jun '07) Jan '13 ELIAS IBARRA 830
More from around the web