Pope To UK: I'm Ashamed Of Sex Abuse

Pope To UK: I'm Ashamed Of Sex Abuse

There are 15 comments on the WFMZ story from Sep 18, 2010, titled Pope To UK: I'm Ashamed Of Sex Abuse. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Pope Benedict XVI said Saturday he was ashamed of the "unspeakable" sexual abuse of children by priests, telling the British faithful during Mass in Westminster Cathedral that he was deeply sorry and hoped the church's humiliation would help victims heal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

fair justice

Macungie, PA

#1 Sep 18, 2010
The catholics are the worst.They like to hide from reality.The priests should be treated like every other person who commits a crime. But they get a slap on the hand ,pay a fine,and let go.This is why, myself and many others do not go to church anymore.The catholics disgraced me.They are fake people.The vatican has been hiding a lot of this information on the filthy priests,are they not aiding ,and harboring a criminal.
Slambo

United States

#2 Sep 18, 2010
Not attending these so-called "churches" is a good first step. But ultimately the Roman Catholic Deviate Sex Cult must be permanently dismantled; its armies of sexual deviates exposed, tried, convicted, and jailed for their heinous crimes against humanity; and its obscenely vast troves of wealth distributed to the thousands of victims it has tormented.

UAAF

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 18, 2010
Hes not ashamed.
Salve Regina

Glassboro, NJ

#5 Sep 20, 2010
These are not Catholics to begin with so stop bad mouthing Catholics. Back in the 60's it was 6 NON catholics who made decisions about the Mass. Now the Catholic Church has been infilitrated by these evil bishops. priests, pedophiles, thieves etc.

As far as the vatican goes, actions speak louder then words. If the pope really cared about the victims, he would prevent all these catholic church closings which are attempted to further cover up sexual abuse and financial irresponsibility.
Que

Chalfont, PA

#6 Sep 20, 2010
Get rid of the sodomist priests and show us you mean business, your Excellency.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#7 Sep 20, 2010
When the POPE( CEO of Vatican) had regretted his sales manager's dastardly behaviour in Germany one Sales representative got the attention of Child Abuse.
This news will come tomorrow..
Sorry
Que

Chalfont, PA

#8 Sep 20, 2010
Salve Regina wrote:
These are not Catholics to begin with so stop bad mouthing Catholics. Back in the 60's it was 6 NON catholics who made decisions about the Mass. Now the Catholic Church has been infilitrated by these evil bishops. priests, pedophiles, thieves etc.
As far as the vatican goes, actions speak louder then words. If the pope really cared about the victims, he would prevent all these catholic church closings which are attempted to further cover up sexual abuse and financial irresponsibility.
The great sell-off is to pay for the costs of the abuse lawsuits. I recall in NJ the jewish pols are pushing to eliminate the statute of limitations on abuse lawsuits to further broke the church.

This is all what happens when you put profit before scripture. They should have bounced the sodomites at first blush, dug back to their roots and stuck to the teachings of Peter and the church... rather than assess parishoners for what they are expected to give while looking the other way at evil.

Luckily it seems that this Pope has a little backbone. The fact that the media hates him for being a hard liner is a great thing for a church that has recently had the spiritual backbone of a wet noodle.

No need to apologized Pontiff. Start cleaning house where your predecessors failed.
ws w

United States

#9 Sep 20, 2010
He is not ashamed
He is relieved
Relieved he never got caught

Location hidden

#10 Sep 20, 2010
Vegan_Craig wrote:
Hes not ashamed.
He's all talk and no action....I can't believe people literaly worship him.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 20, 2010
ws w wrote:
He is not ashamed
He is relieved
Relieved he never got caught
The whole thing is sickening.

Since: Sep 10

Sussex, NJ

#12 Sep 21, 2010
Salve Regina wrote:
If the pope were truly sorry, he'd put a lot more effort into getting the guilty priests defrocked and put on a sex offender's list. He's still trying to cover up. He's also one of the guilty ones, as he should have come forward a long time ago when the molestations began. His main concern is image.
Que

Chalfont, PA

#13 Sep 21, 2010
SherylReally wrote:
<quoted text>
If the pope were truly sorry, he'd put a lot more effort into getting the guilty priests defrocked and put on a sex offender's list. He's still trying to cover up. He's also one of the guilty ones, as he should have come forward a long time ago when the molestations began. His main concern is image.
Maybe the pontiff could give the defrocked priests to barney frank?

Barney boy's an expert at child molesting...
ole

Santa Clara, CA

#14 Sep 21, 2010
how many checks did he give to those molested?

Since: Sep 10

Sussex, NJ

#15 Sep 21, 2010
Que wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the pontiff could give the defrocked priests to barney frank?
Barney boy's an expert at child molesting...
Good idea, but should be addressed to our one and only PopeBennieDick.
Que

Staten Island, NY

#16 Sep 22, 2010
SherylReally wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea, but should be addressed to our one and only PopeBennieDick.
That would be intolerant... Remember we're dealing with gays here doing this or they'd be hitting women.

The teachings say to love sinners, not look the other way when they molest boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jul '16 Marco the atheist 14,374
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Mar '16 MichelleMC 217,999
News Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Jul '14 fener 20
News Pope Urges Irish Bishops to Confront Abuse (Feb '10) May '13 Highknee Hertz 6
News Poll: Does the pope's statement surprise you? (Nov '10) Mar '13 Sol 78
News What made John Paul II truly 'Great (Apr '12) Feb '13 Thesis 2
News Pope Names 4 New Saints (Jun '07) Jan '13 ELIAS IBARRA 830
More from around the web