Pope: Bascilica bones belong to apost...

Pope: Bascilica bones belong to apostle St. Paul

There are 4 comments on the CNN story from Jun 29, 2009, titled Pope: Bascilica bones belong to apostle St. Paul. In it, CNN reports that:

Scientific tests prove bones housed in the Basilica of St. Paul in Rome are those of the apostle St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Ooooweeeee

Pulaski, TN

#1 Jun 29, 2009
The tiny fragments of bone, according to tests are part of someone who lived in the 1st or 2nd century so that's proof they are Paul's remains since Paul was someone around about that same time.

Can't argue with that logic.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jul 6, 2009
Many people died during the 1st and 2nd century. I have seen no evidence that bones of that time are, or are not, the bones of a specific person.
Muddie

Sydney, Australia

#3 Jun 26, 2011
I am really interested in this. Can someone name the paper in which this was published?

It was published, right?

You would think with that unbelievable rich amount of material and various materials a damn fine tooting date would have been established.

Fabrics, dyse, bones, proteins all quoted by vatican various, we chemists and physicists (I am both) would have had a field day fixing a date on a few milligrams of each sample!

Where is that journal?

Journal please.
abel

Gainesville, FL

#4 Oct 23, 2011
Ooooweeeee wrote:
The tiny fragments of bone, according to tests are part of someone who lived in the 1st or 2nd century so that's proof they are Paul's remains since Paul was someone around about that same time.
Can't argue with that logic.
http://batsonthebelfry.blogspot.com/2011/10/v...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic Church Waging War on Women and Gays (Oct '07) Aug 30 feces for jesus 220,348
News Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) Jul '14 fener 20
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jul '13 Truthsayer777 14,379
News Pope Urges Irish Bishops to Confront Abuse (Feb '10) May '13 Highknee Hertz 6
News Poll: Does the pope's statement surprise you? (Nov '10) Mar '13 Sol 78
News What made John Paul II truly 'Great (Apr '12) Feb '13 Thesis 2
News Pope Names 4 New Saints (Jun '07) Jan '13 ELIAS IBARRA 830
More from around the web