Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589474 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Another Christian

United States

#154789 Dec 18, 2009
marge wrote:
HEY! They put a town under my name, lol, you made speak loud.)
Marie, where are you?

Hi marge, how are you doing?

I see that, Chanhassen, MN.
There are three different places that they put under my name, I never know which one it will be.

I work part time and I had to go in yesterday so that kept me kind of busy. There's a snowstorm heading our way for overnight and tomorrow so I went and did our shopping this morning.
This will be our first big one this winter, we are suppose to get about 6-10" or more...hope that it's LESS!

:)

Love you sis and hope all is well.

Praise the precious name of Jesus.

Marie
WGAC

Malvern, PA

#154790 Dec 18, 2009
It is generally agreed among impartial commentators that the collapse of traditional Christian moral and social values throughout Luther's Germany, was largely a consequence of his teachings, and especially his disdain for Reason.

In 1525 he wrote:

'You owe God nothing more than to believe, and to confess. In everything else he gives you your freedom,- you can do what you wish without any peril to your conscience. He who believes that Christ has taken away his sins is as sinless as Christ.'

http://jloughnan.tripod.com/deform.htm

“1Co 1:9 God is faithful, ”

Since: May 08

U.S.A.

#154791 Dec 18, 2009
jethro8 wrote:
for anyone who might care i went for my cancer tests last week an they came back negative,looks like I'll be around a little while longer to bug you people into thinking for yourselves,an stop just trying to out do each other in scripture knowledge/posting an speak your minds.

I Give God the praise, for the report you have received.

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Pro 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#154792 Dec 18, 2009
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you care and you should try reading the scripture and applying it to yourself with understanding and read the early Fathers and truth something you seem incapable of. You and many in here are dark and empty inside and completely blind to the way you are. It is truly sad that you cannot see how vicious and evil you are. I have literally seen peeople break out in tears reading the venom that comes from you people. I dont hate you. I feel sorry for you that you are so blind. I dont know who this Jolene person is if she is a Protestant or atheist or one of your plethora of Baptist churches, but it is refreshing to see someone pointing out the immense hypocrisy. I really do hope you have a Merry Christmas and I really do hope you share in life everlasting in joy. I also really hope you will open your eyes and become a better person and yes I believe the Catholic Church is the Body of Christ and when you make it a point to fight and tear at the body and condone individualist beliefs and not answer the hyupocrisy of putting people out while embracing them and false doctrines like OSAS and you fight against his church I beleive you will have recckoning with false allegations you make. Life is all about choices be careful and thoughtful and prayerful in yours.
No DustStorm,I really don't care what you,Who by your hateful words
is fill of hate and malice towards anyone that doesn't agree with you thinks of me.

You see DustStorm,,it's allllll about the Lord,
not you.

Only God know's my heart.

And that's what's important to me,not what YOU think.

Location hidden

#154793 Dec 18, 2009
It's snowin here in East Tennessee y'all!

I am listening to Christmas music and looking outside,the snowflakes are huge.

What a beautiful sight.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#154794 Dec 18, 2009
God is faithful wrote:
<quoted text>
If I did not have a working knowledge of the Bible and
If I did not think for myself,
Would you please explain how I have come up with the scriptures pertaining to the many different subjects at hand?
I do claim to be a Bible scholar I do not claim to know the Bible...I challenge any one that claims they do..
I do not believe there is such a one..ON EARTH.. that is a great man of God..
BUT
I do believe that there are a few that have allowed God to be great in them...
I am 75 years of age..over 60 years in study of the word of God ..( preaching, with credentials since I was 17... pastored my first Church at 20....serving seven years as Youth pastor.
Pa storing several Churches over the eastern seaboard...From Virginia to Maine and back to Pa.... plus teaching at a drug and alcohol rehab..
I do not use links...
I owe it to those I post to,... as well as my self... to go to the word and find answers...
If it is a problem some....that I would rather give my answers from the word...
The Bible I AM NOT Sorry about that.
BUT
God willing...
Confronting with the word is what I will continue to do.
And not once, have you found the bible to be in error, as to what it puts forth?

I guess all the OT Levitical laws that state "put to death" this or "put to death" that, because of this or because of that, should become modern laws, huh?

Just this claim alone, tells me that you haven't studied anything that is written about the bible by other folks - "scholars that it, textual criticism,......movie stars."

"So ol' Gif the Christianair, told his kinfolk, hey let's move away from here....Bibleland is where we outta be, so he loaded up his bible and moved to PA!"

Read more to learn more. Your old ways are out dated and have been for some time now.
Another Christian

United States

#154795 Dec 18, 2009
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust Storm, I am not protestant, I have come to realize you don't care what the truth is. Your here to argue not to debate.
The truth is Jesus is the baptizer of the Holy Spirit, we do not have to be right all the time, Dust Storm, but we must have faith that Jesus is right all the time, when He said it was finished on the cross, the total payment for your sins and mine was paid for.
Past, present, and future. That doesn't mean I can go on sinning, nor should I want to.
Because if I do its like Jesus said.
Mark 7:6 (New King James Version)
6 He answered and said to them,“Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:
‘ This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.

AMEN!

Hey LTM, how are you doing?

I see that Dusty has been in spreading his love again, doesn't he just make ya feel soooo special?

Love ya sis and hope that all is well with you.

Marie

Praise the Precious name of Jesus!
atlas

United States

#154796 Dec 18, 2009
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
No mention of the dead going immediately to Heaven in any of those verses atlas. Lets look at them.
Now lets look at 2nd Corinthians 5:6-8 " 6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:" 7"(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)" "8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."
Absolutely no mention of "the dead going immediately to Heaven" there either atlas.
Now lets look at Philippians 1:23 "For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:"
Absolutely no mention of "the dead going immediately to Heaven" there either atlas.
Care to try again?
You need to get your head out of the sand and stop trying to twist scripture attempting to make it line up with the false man made catholic doctrine you have been taught that the dead immediately go to Heaven. Because you are failing miserably.
I am failing miserably according to you. That hardly means that I am failing miserably!

In 2Cor5:6-8, Paul juxtaposes 2 ideas.
In verse 6 he speaks of BEING IN THE BODY=AWAY FROM THE LORD.
In verse 8 he speaks of LEAVING THE BODY=GOING HOME TO THE LORD.

6 So we are always courageous, although we know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord,
7 for we walk by faith, not by sight.
8 Yet we are courageous, and we would rather leave the body and go home to the Lord.

So, while we are in the body, we are away from the Lord.
WHY are we away from the Lord? Because we walk by faith and not by sight. We do not SEE the Lord, yet we know He is there.

BUT,when we DO leave the body, we WILL see the Lord.

When verse 8 says, "LEAVE THE BODY AND GO HOME TO THE LORD," you have to ask yourself WHERE is the Lord.

The book of Corinthians was written in the early 50's, LONG after Jesus ascended into heaven.
Acts 1:9-11
9 When he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him from their sight.
10 While they were looking intently at the sky as he was going, suddenly two men dresssed in white garments stood beside them.
11 They said, "Men of Galilee, why are you standing there looking at the sky? This Jesus who has been taken up into heaven will return in the same way as you have seen him going into heaven.

Mark 16:19 shows that this "heaven" IS heaven, because Jesus sits at the right hand of God.
19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he spoke to them, was taken up into heaven and took his seat at the right hand of God.

So in 2Cor, when Paul says he want to LEAVE THE BODY TO BE WITH THE LORD, whom Scripture tells us is in heaven, your theology is disproven.

WHY do you disbelieve these verses??????
atlas

United States

#154797 Dec 18, 2009
jethro8 wrote:
for anyone who might care i went for my cancer tests last week an they came back negative,looks like I'll be around a little while longer to bug you people into thinking for yourselves,an stop just trying to out do each other in scripture knowledge/posting an speak your minds.
That's great jethro!

Praise God!

Albuquerque, NM

#154798 Dec 18, 2009
Joe Highley wrote:
<quoted text>It was two "get to knows". That's not a lot.
The Bible, which I'm not sure you believe in, says that when we die, we are dead. Then comes the Judgement. Why would we become ghosts, or whatever, when we die, if Christ is going to raise us from the dead. Is He going to pull us back from the "spirit realm" to set us before the Book of Life?
You get one shot at life. I believe that life is a test. Pass or fail.
Hi Joe.....key word in your post above...."IF".....

That means, one can only "HOPE"....that what they believe in is correct. That would mean that you really don't know, and all you have is "FAITH" to justify your belief. It doesn't constitute "FACT" that what you believe in will actually occur.

Hindus have a different belief system than Christians.
Muslims have a different belief system than Christians.
Mayans had a different belief system than Christians.
Egyptians had a different belief system than Christians.
Jews have a different belief system than Christians.
In a nutshell.....most individuals belief system differ in some way or another.....as it really pertains to the life they live......BY CHOICE of their own.

I also agree with your conceptual analogyu of how we live life. One shot.....as we all will die.....

My take on it....question what you think is not fact.....in order to justify your own actions. I do exactly this with my belief in a Creator/"God".

The big difference is.....I didn't stop at the bible as your team wants to. I expanded my knowledge and compared other cultures and religions to find similarities and/or repetative "explanations".

You'd be surprised to know, that MANY cultures from the Hopi Indians to the Buddhist to the Christian - they all contain similar, yet different explanations of the same thing.....their rendition of "God".....and ya know what.....only Christianity uses the "burning in hell" fear tactic to achieve followers.

Can you understand this? They use fear to have a following.....*shrugs*.....Why ? So someone can feel bad about themselves.

People should look for the positive aspects in people.....not wish upon them "torment". That is a problem for me. May not be for you.....but hey....your a Christian.....I wouldn't expect you to think like I do. Because you believe the bible to be "God's hand at work". I don't.

Good Post Joe.....keep questioning, you'll find the answers.
Steven

Lakewood, CA

#154799 Dec 18, 2009
Anthony MN wrote:
Thanks Dust Storm for this link. As much as I hate to provoke you sola non-denom. fundies (snicker), I think it's a good thing to focus on the elephant in the room which is your denial that sola scriptura is the reason you all have 40,000+ competing denominations. Until you recognize that, you're just whistling dixie.
21 irrefutable, undeniable facts:
1. The Doctrine of Sola Scriptura is not taught anywhere in the Bible.
2. The Bible Indicates that In Addition to the Written Word, we are to accept Oral Tradition.
3. The Bible Calls the Church and not the Bible the "Pillar and Ground of the Truth."
4. Christ tells us to submit to the Authority of the Church.
5. Scripture itself states that it is insufficient of itself as a teacher, but rather needs an interpreter.
6. The first Christians did not have a Bible.
7. The Church produced the Bible not vice-versa.
8. The idea of the Scripture's Authority existing apart from the authority of the Teacher Church is utterly foreign to the Early Church.
cont.
Who says these are irrefutable and undeniable? You unbiblical, false gospel following catholics?

The ones who have to change tenses of words in ancient translations to push your man-made sacraments.

Ones who cannot exegete properly the Inspired Word of God.

Ones who cannot find the proper context of scriptural passages.

Answer to your

1. Scripture and the chruch fathers constantly and redundantly express the need to check all doctrine and ordinances according to God Inspired Scripture.

2. The fact that catholics cannot understand oral tradition in the God Inspired Scripture as the Gospel preached prior to being written down is another reason for evidence of Rome's FALSE GOSPEL.

3. THE WORD OF GOD WRITTEN IS TO BE ENTRUSTED TO THE CHURCH and this is where the denominational catholic church FAILS.

4. THE CHURCH is the assembly of theologians and scholars and believers that rightly divide the Word of God, we are not dependant on Rome's interpretation of the church.

5. What is said here that one needs to rely on the Holy Spirit and theologians and scholars of BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS, NOT ASCENTIA BELIEVERS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH for discernment of those passages, that are not so discernable.

6. The Bible, the Old and New Testament, is the complete works of God and did not come to completion until the end of the New Testament period. Early Christians always had God's prophets, their oral traditions that became written down, the Apostles of Christ and their oral traditions that became written down to follow.

7. This is your condeming statement. You better make right with your Creator and glorify God for every action that preserved and was handed down THROUGH, not BY the denominational Roman church.

8. It is IMPERITIVE TO HIGHLIGHT WHAT WAS THE EARLY CHURCH,
NOTHING THAT EXISTS TODAY.

<<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<<<<< <<<EXCEPT AND EXCLUSIVE>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

for the assembly of BORN AGAIN IN THE SPIRIT AND NOT

BY WATER BAPTISM OR INFANT BAPTISM

WHO FOLLOW APOSTALIC TRADITION, THAT IS

WHAT THE APOSTLES EXPRESSLY TAUGHT, ORALLY HANDED DOWN, AND WRITTEN

IN THE HOLY INSPIRED SCRIPTURE BASED ON HELLENISTIC KOINE GREEK TRANSLATIONS AND NO OTHER!!!!!!!!!!

“Love and compassion for all.”

Boise

#154800 Dec 18, 2009
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You and many in here are dark and empty inside and completely blind to the way you are.
It is truly sad that you cannot see how vicious and evil you are. I have literally seen peeople break out in tears reading the venom that comes from you people.
I dont hate you. I feel sorry for you that you are so blind. I really do hope you have a Merry Christmas and I really do hope you share in life everlasting in joy. I also really hope you will open your eyes and become a better person
It takes a thick skin to sit here and endure all of the insults by the ravenous wolves that lurk on these forums. I have been posting here for almost two years and when I started out I was as blind as a bat. I would get so angry and frustrated. It goes both ways, though. The followers of the system think we are attacking them, too.
I have learned so much about the world and see all of my brothers and sisters in a new light. We are all in this together. The influence of Lucifer is a dark cloud that envelopes this world and it's atmosphere.
Christ told His Father, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do".
We need to follow His example and understand why people are the way we are. If we live in Truth, then we will be saved. We don't have to stay here and be insulted or laughed at. We choose to, for Him. He asked us to be "fishers of men" and that's why we stay here.
When we are hated by the world we should rejoice because God told us that we would be.
Now, I want to share something with you:

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christ...

I don't celebrate pagan holidays because I am very aware of the true history and origins of these rituals. I hope you'll take a long look at this and ask Christ to open your eyes. I have a hard time sharing this with others because I was brought up to believe that all of these holidays were copasetic. The rite we have adopted as "christmas" always brought our family together for a warm and cozy celebration of, what I was told, is a celebration of the birth of Christ. Even Halloween was a big deal.
Now that I have been shown the Truth, I cannot, in good conscience, continue to celebrate these ancient Roman and Egyptian pagan rituals. Satan is very deceptive and has most of the world blinded by his twisted perversion of the Word of God. His minions are with us, influencing our world and religious leaders to the point where, otherwise good people, become his unknowing servants.
I believe that time is short. Daniel outlined the signs for us. John gave us a Revelation of what was to transpire. It's time to open our eyes before it is too late.
You will never see me tell people "merry christmas" or any other such nonsense. The only man-made holiday I celebrate is Thanksgiving. I can't find anything wrong with families coming together to be thankful.
God bless and keep trusting in Christ.
Another Christian

United States

#154801 Dec 18, 2009
Full of Love wrote:
It's snowin here in East Tennessee y'all!
I am listening to Christmas music and looking outside,the snowflakes are huge.
What a beautiful sight.
Hi Full of Love, that's the storm that's headed up the coast towards us for tomorrow, we're in PA.
I love watching it snow, I even like to see it in the yards and trees, I just do not like to drive in it. Hope you don't get too much.

Marie
atlas

United States

#154802 Dec 18, 2009
marge wrote:
From 1 Peter 5:1
"And I, too, will share in his glory when he is revealed to the whole world"
Peter is not in heaven yet.
Of course he's not in heaven yet. At the he wrote this, he was clearly alive on earth! I'm not understanding why you think this backs up your belief.
marge wrote:
Hebrew 11:39-40
"These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. 40 God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."
All these also, not in heaven yet.
These whom Hebrews 11 references died BEFORE Jesus came, so naturally they would not have gone straight to heaven after their deaths.
WGAC

Malvern, PA

#154803 Dec 18, 2009
Joe Highley wrote:
<quoted text>It takes a thick skin to sit here and endure all of the insults by the ravenous wolves that lurk on these forums. I have been posting here for almost two years and when I started out I was as blind as a bat. I would get so angry and frustrated. It goes both ways, though. The followers of the system think we are attacking them, too.
I have learned so much about the world and see all of my brothers and sisters in a new light. We are all in this together. The influence of Lucifer is a dark cloud that envelopes this world and it's atmosphere.
Christ told His Father, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do".
We need to follow His example and understand why people are the way we are. If we live in Truth, then we will be saved. We don't have to stay here and be insulted or laughed at. We choose to, for Him. He asked us to be "fishers of men" and that's why we stay here.
When we are hated by the world we should rejoice because God told us that we would be.
Now, I want to share something with you:
http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christ...
I don't celebrate pagan holidays because I am very aware of the true history and origins of these rituals. I hope you'll take a long look at this and ask Christ to open your eyes. I have a hard time sharing this with others because I was brought up to believe that all of these holidays were copasetic. The rite we have adopted as "christmas" always brought our family together for a warm and cozy celebration of, what I was told, is a celebration of the birth of Christ. Even Halloween was a big deal.
Now that I have been shown the Truth, I cannot, in good conscience, continue to celebrate these ancient Roman and Egyptian pagan rituals. Satan is very deceptive and has most of the world blinded by his twisted perversion of the Word of God. His minions are with us, influencing our world and religious leaders to the point where, otherwise good people, become his unknowing servants.
I believe that time is short. Daniel outlined the signs for us. John gave us a Revelation of what was to transpire. It's time to open our eyes before it is too late.
You will never see me tell people "merry christmas" or any other such nonsense. The only man-made holiday I celebrate is Thanksgiving. I can't find anything wrong with families coming together to be thankful.
God bless and keep trusting in Christ.
Man up Joe! You are the one on here bashing MY faith, and YOU are whining about getting your feewings hurt? Dude!! Let me get my violin out for you. LOL

Boise

#154804 Dec 18, 2009
WGAC wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this proves that satan is our Father. Being born with original sin and a sinful nature does not make satan our "father" by any means.
When you pray the Lord's Prayer (if you ever do that), who do you pray to? Our Father who art in heaven?...... or the other place???
Luke 11:1-13
One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.
"He said to them, "When you pray, say:
" Father, hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
Give us each day our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation."
I pray to God, through Christ. Not through Mary or any other mortal man.
In John 8:44, Jesus told the Pharisees that they “belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.”
Are you going to tell me that Christ was a liar?

Albuquerque, NM

#154805 Dec 18, 2009
MarkofanAngel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi New Age Spiritual Leader
Being that your claim NOT to be Christian, you would not know if I was right or wrong.
Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him: "The first commandment of all is, Hear, O Israel: the Lord thy God is one God.
12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God, with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind, and with thy whole strength. This is the first commandment.
12:31 And the second is like to it: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these."
The New commandment is, brethren, love one another--if you love one another, they will know you are my disciples.
Husbands love the wife as yourself , as Christ love the church.
Wives love the own husband.
Children honor the parents, this is the first commandment with promise, thou mayest live a long on the earth. Ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in he nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Parents lay up a good inheritance for the children.
Do good to all men, especially those the household faith.
Follow peace and holiness with all men, with out no man seeth the Lord.
Don’t do evil for evil, always do good for evil.
Do NOT be a respecter of persons.
Men gather with you families on the first day of the week.
Women have no power and authority over man in the church and in their homes.
Men be subject to you master in all things, wives be subject to own husbands in all things, and children be subject to you parents in all things.
The list goes on and on and his commandments are not grievous.
SEE, you fail already, you don't keep any of them, you don't believe the Holy Bible and that it is truth, especially the New Testament in the precious blood of Christ. It is written, my children love the truth.
I truly see one thing for sure, you where at one time a RCC, they don't have the knowledge of truth , the word of God in their hearts and minds. So you were a partaker of their sins also, teaching a false gospel. If you don't have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ who God sent to be the Saviour of that old evil world, you don't have much going for you to day. YOU KNOW, you are giving up the gift of the Holy Spirit of GRACE of eternal life, in NO other name, but the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Lord Jesus Christ was raised from the dead and took on a new resurrected body like an
angel and he could come and go where ever he had to be. Read Mark 16:12. Remember, he had no blood and water in his new body. Even men born again can enter the kingdom of God, for he dead that death for you and as he was raised, so have we been raised. Weather you believe it or not, you was a Christian in the beginning of the new world, but you where born into a false gospel. The Lord God Almighty is NOT trying to get people saved again.
Well done Mark.....thank you for posting the obvious traits one should have through his/her life. As you can see, most are common sense attributes that were written in order to help men to live peaceful lives.

It is odd though, that I seem to live a very peaceful life in love, kindness and friendship, but I didn't need the bible to tell me to do so. Because I CHOSE myself to live the way I do.

So now you probably want to tell me, just because I was a RCC patron that I will not be with my Father when I die, huh?

You really have an issue with other beliefs, don't you? Are you afraid I may be right and you wrong? Afraid that I have live a full and happy life and you can't because of your faith?

All of what you have written only tells me that you need someone else's confirmation that you are living the way you should. I don't.

We live because we can. We make the choices to succeed or not, "God" doesn't. We make the choice to believe or not in what other men state, "God" doesn't.

Think for yourself.

Albuquerque, NM

#154806 Dec 18, 2009
MarkofanAngel wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote: One of the most imporant ia a commandment to all men, read and study to be approved by God.
So it truly appears you have a bad, bad, bad, track record already.
You don't know shite about me Mark. Stop pretending to know. It is only showing your arrogance and ignorance toward others.

Boise

#154807 Dec 18, 2009
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Joe.....key word in your post above...."IF".....
That means, one can only "HOPE"....that what they believe in is correct. That would mean that you really don't know, and all you have is "FAITH" to justify your belief. It doesn't constitute "FACT" that what you believe in will actually occur.
Hindus have a different belief system than Christians.
Muslims have a different belief system than Christians.
Mayans had a different belief system than Christians.
Egyptians had a different belief system than Christians.
Jews have a different belief system than Christians.
In a nutshell.....most individuals belief system differ in some way or another.....as it really pertains to the life they live......BY CHOICE of their own.
I also agree with your conceptual analogyu of how we live life. One shot.....as we all will die.....
My take on it....question what you think is not fact.....in order to justify your own actions. I do exactly this with my belief in a Creator/"God".
The big difference is.....I didn't stop at the bible as your team wants to. I expanded my knowledge and compared other cultures and religions to find similarities and/or repetative "explanations".
You'd be surprised to know, that MANY cultures from the Hopi Indians to the Buddhist to the Christian - they all contain similar, yet different explanations of the same thing.....their rendition of "God".....and ya know what.....only Christianity uses the "burning in hell" fear tactic to achieve followers.
Can you understand this? They use fear to have a following.....*shrugs*.....Why ? So someone can feel bad about themselves.
People should look for the positive aspects in people.....not wish upon them "torment". That is a problem for me. May not be for you.....but hey....your a Christian.....I wouldn't expect you to think like I do. Because you believe the bible to be "God's hand at work". I don't.
Good Post Joe.....keep questioning, you'll find the answers.
I have also studied the different religions of the world and read many books including "The Lost Books of the Bible". These are the scrolls that were omitted from the Word, by men, and IF any of it is true, then we will all be saved in the end. I'd like to believe that.
Thank you for being civilized. It's rare on this forum.

Albuquerque, NM

#154808 Dec 18, 2009
gene d wrote:
<quoted text>
First, there is a differance between joining into a convsation and interupting. Anyone who knows you knows that when you address me it is to attack what I am, a faithful catholic,and not what I am saying... and this leads to my second point which is that your so called "arguement" is not with me, Goofy, it is with Christian theology which you have certainly shown that you abhor in it's entirety to the point of deliberateley misninterpreting , on many occassion, what it is and what it means; and which you would (to my endless amusement) attempt to replace you own home cooked, gnostic and downright goofy and ego-driven gobble-de-gook complete with new age trappings straight out of "The DaVinci Code"....Oh my. ROTFLMAO.
It looks like three individuals didn't agree with you.....wait.....make that four....I've added myself.

BTW....I respond to you directly because I do "abhor" the false doctrines of Catholicism, but mainly its not what you have said, because there is never any substance to what you post.

I also respond to show others, those who may have missed your post, how some "faithful" Catholics like to attack others with hatred. Now you aren't the only one who does this. I've seen it all my life and trust me, its not just you.....I'll throw in the Catholic League while I am at.

All I have ever seen from the specific Catholics I have been in contact with, is they close their eyes and place the hands over their ears, and say "la-la-la-la".....or immediately shun whatever you don't know.....like the things I post on. That is ignorance at the highest level. Pitiful in some ways. Hypocritical in others.

Examine yourself a little more closely, speak like an adult, and get rid of the childish attitude toward other and their beliefs. Maybe you will eventually learn something you did not understand before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 5 hr pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition 16 hr Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web