Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675596 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

WGAC

Kansas City, MO

#154820 Dec 18, 2009
Joe Highley wrote:
<quoted text>My Father is the One Who created the heavens and the earth. He created the entire universe. He created Lucifer and all of the angels in Heaven. He created you, and He created me.
Lucifer is the father of evil. We are all born into a world of sin. Even in Catholicism there is a rite of baptism to cleanse the evil and symbolize rebirth in Christ.
The Lord's prayer is a guidline, taught by Christ, how to pray.
I talk to the Lord as I would my own father. Just like I talk to anyone else.
My "Daddy" is our Creator. Not Peter or any other man.
Now you are contradicting yourself Joe. You keep doing that. Why did you say that satan is our father? He is the father of evil. We may be sinful, but we are not evil. There is NO WAY that satan can be considered our father. Our Father is God.

“Love and compassion for all.”

Since: Feb 08

Boise

#154821 Dec 18, 2009
WGAC wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus encouraged His followers to address God as Our Father or Abba. There are Bible verses that support addressing the Creator as a parent and teacher.
Galatians 4:6 (NKJV)– "And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out,'Abba, Father!'"
James 3:9 (NIV)– "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father."
1 John 3:1 (NIV)– "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"
2 Corinthians 6:18 (NIV)– "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
Ephesians 5:19-20 (NIV)– "Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Are you going to tell me that Christ was a liar?
Nope.
You are completely missing the point.
All I'm trying to say is that we must be forgiven and reborn through the acceptance of God's Sacrifice of His Son.
When Adam chose to rebel against his Creator, he lost his innocence, incurred the penalty of physical and spiritual death, and his mind was darkened by sin, as are the minds of his successors. The Apostle Paul said of pagan minds,“Since they do not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, He gave them over to a depraved mind”(Romans 1:28). He told the Corinthians that “the god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so that they cannot see the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God”(2 Corinthians 4:4). Jesus said,“I have come into the world as a light so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness”(John 12:46). Paul reminded the Ephesians,“You were once in darkness but now you are in the light of the Lord”(Ephesians 5:8). The purpose of salvation is “to open the eyes [of unbelievers] and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God”(Acts 26:18).

The Fall produced in humans a state of depravity. Paul spoke of those “whose consciences are seared”(1 Timothy 4:2) and those whose minds are spiritually darkened as a result of rejecting the truth (Romans 1:21). In this state of depravity, man is utterly incapable of doing or choosing that which is acceptable to God, apart from divine grace.“The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so”(Romans 8:7).

Without the supernatural regeneration by the Holy Spirit, all men would remain in the fallen state of sin. But thanks to His grace, mercy and loving-kindness, God sent His Son to die on the cross and take the penalty of our sin, reconciling us to God and making eternal life with Him possible. What was lost at the Fall is reclaimed at the Cross.

“Acts 2:38”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#154822 Dec 18, 2009
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
You and many in here are dark and empty inside and completely blind to the way you are.
It is truly sad that you cannot see how vicious and evil you are. I have literally seen peeople break out in tears reading the venom that comes from you people.
I dont hate you. I feel sorry for you that you are so blind. I really do hope you have a Merry Christmas and I really do hope you share in life everlasting in joy. I also really hope you will open your eyes and become a better person
Oh dear sister, living for Jesus is joy unspeakable.

Your heart is so clear.

God Bless you and yours...

Gentle..
WGAC

Kansas City, MO

#154823 Dec 18, 2009
Joe Highley wrote:
<quoted text>My Father is the One Who created the heavens and the earth. He created the entire universe. He created Lucifer and all of the angels in Heaven. He created you, and He created me.
Lucifer is the father of evil. We are all born into a world of sin. Even in Catholicism there is a rite of baptism to cleanse the evil and symbolize rebirth in Christ.
You said:

Joe Highley wrote:
<quoted text>We are all born of our father, Satan. It's in the Bible. I suggest you read it.

So which is it Joe? Who is your father? When will you stop talking in circles? When you make a statement, you need to be prepared to back it up and stand by it. Man up dude!

We have only one Father and that is God.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#154824 Dec 18, 2009
PAD wrote:
<quoted text>Well thank you,I appreciate the fact that you think I am too far over the edge to be a Roman Catholic,tell that to whoever is in charge of your particular parish.If in fact we are all fools who are not RCs than we are fools for Christ,and ultimately we will answer to HIM.I needed saving,and your being a good Catholic does not save me.Now if you want to be really saved dkbrown13, just get serious with God our Father,and repent of your sins,give them to Jesus your Savior who is the Lover of your soul,and walk by F A I T H and not by sight!
Read chapter three of John's gospel and submit to the Master who told Nicodemus he must be born-again. Jesus loves you more than anything you could imagine.He is mighty as the Savior,and He is even mightier being Lord.His Spirit can change your heart and mind toward Him,so that you can be a good person who walks in His ways.
It is immaterial to me whether He will make you a good Catholic,or a good Christian,but more important is that you REPENT,go to Him and find out Who He really is as your Savior and Lord!
That would be the best Christmas gift you ever received this season.J O Y is from the LORD,who gives liberally to all who come to HIM.
You want to read the Bible, try reading Luke and after you read it then tell me that Mary is not the mother of GOD and also you can tell me why all the Miracles happen thru the Catholic church???
Better yet I will tell you. Have you ever asked someone high up for a favor and just before he is ready to give it to you, you tell him. "I respect you but I don't like your mother. do you think he is going to give it to you??
I have seen 3 Miracles with my own eyes, how many have you seen???

Location hidden

#154825 Dec 18, 2009
jethro8 wrote:
for anyone who might care i went for my cancer tests last week an they came back negative,looks like I'll be around a little while longer to bug you people into thinking for yourselves,an stop just trying to out do each other in scripture knowledge/posting an speak your minds.
That's great news Jethro!

Jethro,
I do think for myself.

No one has to tell me what to believe.

I don't go by anything that mere men say,
but I do go by what is in the Holy Bible
and what the Lord has put in my heart.

Boise

#154826 Dec 18, 2009
WGAC wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. You said you are not bashing my faith, and then you went on to BASH it once again. You are such an ingrained hypocrite, you can't even see the evil that you are doing here. The cowpatties you throw around here as "truth" are nothing but that .... cowpatties.
If you truly consider satan to be your father, that explains a lot.
I'm sorry that you think I am bashing your faith. It really has nothing to do with you at all. You are being subjective.
I use my eyes and my mind to see what is going on in the world. Seeing is believing.
http://kelschbiblestudy.tripod.com/bs_ser/cat...
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/anti5.htm
WGAC

Kansas City, MO

#154827 Dec 18, 2009
Joe Highley wrote:
<quoted text> Now, I want to share something with you:
http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/Christ...
I don't celebrate pagan holidays because I am very aware of the true history and origins of these rituals. I hope you'll take a long look at this and ask Christ to open your eyes. I have a hard time sharing this with others because I was brought up to believe that all of these holidays were copasetic. The rite we have adopted as "christmas" always brought our family together for a warm and cozy celebration of, what I was told, is a celebration of the birth of Christ. Even Halloween was a big deal.
Now that I have been shown the Truth, I cannot, in good conscience, continue to celebrate these ancient Roman and Egyptian pagan rituals. Satan is very deceptive and has most of the world blinded by his twisted perversion of the Word of God. His minions are with us, influencing our world and religious leaders to the point where, otherwise good people, become his unknowing servants.
You will never see me tell people "merry christmas" or any other such nonsense.
Merry Christmas Joe!!!! Today and every day - celebrate the Birth of Christ. No pagan ritual, just joy in the birth of our savior.

So sorry that you consider that "nonsense".

We will be singing Happy Birthday to Jesus with our children as we do every year. We will pray for you.
WGAC

Kansas City, MO

#154828 Dec 18, 2009
debby wrote:
church history in halley's handbook, dude, you people are the beast! and i have never seen or read about so many perverts and low life being in the church as you people!
Debby, just stick to the bible. That birdbrained handbook is confusing you.

Boise

#154829 Dec 18, 2009
WGAC wrote:
<quoted text>
You said:
Joe Highley wrote:
<quoted text>We are all born of our father, Satan. It's in the Bible. I suggest you read it.
So which is it Joe? Who is your father? When will you stop talking in circles? When you make a statement, you need to be prepared to back it up and stand by it. Man up dude!
We have only one Father and that is God.
Yeah. Okay. You obviously got stuck there. It is interesting that you haven't responded to the explanation I gave. I will try ONE MORE TIME:
We are ALL born into sin. We have to give up our old selves and be washed clean by the Holy Spirit.
By the way, my father's name is Jerry.
I have backed up everything I've said. You just can't get passed your interpretation of what I said concerning all men being born of Satan.
Adam and Eve were made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6). However, we are also in the image and likeness of Adam (Genesis 5:3). When Adam fell into sin, the result was every one of his descendants also being “infected” with sin. David lamented this fact in one of his Psalms:“Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me”(Psalm 51:5). This does not mean that his mother bore him illegitimately; rather, his mother had inherited a sin nature from her parents, and they from their parents, and so on. David inherited sin from his parents, just as we all do. Even if we live the best life possible, we are still sinners as a result of inherited sin.
Later.
Petesake

Leicester, UK

#154830 Dec 18, 2009
Joe Highley wrote:
The whole concept of catholicism is one based on evil - but I am certain that the innocents involved around the world will be saved but only the Father in heaven knows!!!

Boise

#154831 Dec 18, 2009
WGAC wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas Joe!!!! Today and every day - celebrate the Birth of Christ. No pagan ritual, just joy in the birth of our savior.
So sorry that you consider that "nonsense".
We will be singing Happy Birthday to Jesus with our children as we do every year. We will pray for you.
Thanks.
I'm not trying to say that it's wrong. I don't know if it is or not. I just know what my heart tells me to believe. I love Christ and just want to do right by Him. I hope you enjoy your family gathering over this holiday season.
God bless.
Franck

United States

#154832 Dec 18, 2009
Another Protestant heresy spreading its poison throughout the world:

Theology Group Reflects on Impact of Prosperity Gospel

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20091217...

Location hidden

#154833 Dec 18, 2009
WGAC wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this proves that satan is our Father. Being born with original sin and a sinful nature does not make satan our "father" by any means.
When you pray the Lord's Prayer (if you ever do that), who do you pray to? Our Father who art in heaven?...... or the other place???
Luke 11:1-13
One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.
"He said to them, "When you pray, say:
" Father, hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
Give us each day our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation."
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

“Enjoy life more abundantly. ”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#154834 Dec 18, 2009
Part I
New Age Spiritual Leader
Well done Mark.....thank you for posting the obvious traits one should have through his/her life. As you can see, most are common sense attributes that were written in order to help men to live peaceful lives.

(ME) Its NOT common sense, God will manifest the life of Christ in his people and will bless them with the fruits of righteousness in their hearts. I don't take correct for good that’s in my life, I know its God, not me. Look at the person who called Jesus good master, he replied, why call me good, their is none good except God. Jesus never robbed his Abba Father of anything. Also Jesus said, if you don't believe in me, believe in the words I do, they are of my Father. Another place he said the words I speak, are NOT mind, but him that sent me (God his Abba Father)

It is odd though, that I seem to live a very peaceful life in love, kindness and friendship, but I didn't need the bible to tell me to do so. Because I CHOSE myself to live the way I do.

(ME) No one can bear good works with out the Holy Spirit. To have the Holy Spirit, you must go to Abba Father and ask him in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to give his Spirit. Without the Spirit of adoption and God putting the Spirit of Son in your heart, you can not bear good works. If a Christian does good works, its NOT him or her, its by the finger of God. The peace you need is with God of the living through the precious blood of Christ. You may believe your sins of the old world are forgiven and if you sin to day, to know to do good and don't is sin. If I sin to day, all I have do is ask for forgiveness and I am forgiven. I can also forgive them that sin against me and/or if they owe me anything and can not pay.

So now you probably want to tell me, just because I was a RCC patron that I will not be with my Father when I die, huhYou really have an issue with other beliefs, don't you? Are you afraid I may be right and you wrong? Afraid that I have live a full and happy life and you can't because of your faith?

(Me) With out the Son of God in your life, you have NOT the Abba Father. Also faith without good works is dead, as the body is dead, without the Spirit. You are trying to get to heaven by the works of your own hands, that will never works, let God manifest his good works in you by his Holy Spirit in the life of Christ.

beliefs (Me) There is only one true belief, that is in the Lord Jesus Christ who God sent to be the Saviour of all sins of men. Jews and Gentiles, of the old world and believe in God who raised him from the dead and he sits at the right hand of God, until his enemies where destroyed and he did come the second time for salvation of the Jews.

“May contain peanuts.”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#154835 Dec 18, 2009
WGAC wrote:
It is generally agreed among impartial commentators that the collapse of traditional Christian moral and social values throughout Luther's Germany, was largely a consequence of his teachings, and especially his disdain for Reason.
In 1525 he wrote:
'You owe God nothing more than to believe, and to confess. In everything else he gives you your freedom,- you can do what you wish without any peril to your conscience. He who believes that Christ has taken away his sins is as sinless as Christ.'
http://jloughnan.tripod.com/deform.htm
Luther was a product of the Catholic Church, Pope Leo X was the dog in charge and Luther was part of the litter.

Location hidden

#154836 Dec 18, 2009
Part II
New Age Spiritual Leader
All of what you have written only tells me that you need someone else's confirmation that you are living the way you should. I don't
We live because we can. We make the choices to succeed or not, "God" doesn't. We make the choice to believe or not in what other men state, "God" doesn't.
Think for yourself.

(Me)We are commanded NOT to live bread alone, but by every word that proceeded from God‘s mouth. Can you truly say the Lord God Almighty has something to do with all these different gospels and all these different religions that deny the one that brought them.?????
What I am trying to say, weather you believe it or NOT, your family was Christians before the RCC and all these others in the beginning of this new world. You will never know, unless you read and study, as all men are commanded to do. That is why the women are commanded NOT be speak out in the churches of God our Father in the Lord Jesus Christ by the Holy Ghost, as it was in the law, for is a shame, and if they have any questions, ask their own husbands at home.
All Christians did walk in the same mind and Spirit of Christ at the beginning of this new world, but as all these different religions started up, he took it from them. They are given up the gift of the Holy Spirit of GRACE of eternal life, in NO other name, but the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ.
I will let you go, for we have nothing common in the body of Christ.

“May contain peanuts.”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#154837 Dec 18, 2009
Petesake wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole concept of catholicism is one based on evil - but I am certain that the innocents involved around the world will be saved but only the Father in heaven knows!!!
The bible is clear about the salvation of infants, the church has bog all to do with it.
Franck

United States

#154838 Dec 18, 2009
Full of Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
"The doxology, though missing in the older and best manuscripts of Matthew and not original to the Lord’s Prayer, is a fitting conclusion to the prayer." (Harper’s Bible Dictionary, Paul J. Achtemeier, Copyright 1985, p.576

"The doxology that concludes the prayer (Matt.6:13b, AV) is omitted in RSV, because it does not appear in the oldest and best MSS.; it seems not to have been an original part of the prayer, but represents a liturgical addition." (The New Westminster Dictionary of the Bible, Henry Snyder Gehman, Copyright 1965,p.567)

Location hidden

#154839 Dec 18, 2009
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know shite about me Mark. Stop pretending to know. It is only showing your arrogance and ignorance toward others.
New Age Spiritual Leader

Everything you write tells me of your charater. Your the one that is making a bad reflection of yourself to others. If your NOT a Christian, why do you come in here. You proven have NO love for the Church you left. What made you leave the RCC and seek another religion without Christ all together???? You was confused then, but now your more confused. Well, continue to be what you want to be and do it your way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 10,520
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web