Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693339 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#559248 Sep 6, 2014
The idiotic nonsense that a God implanted Mary the Jew with his perfect semen, so that Jesus could learn Judaism and become a rabbi, to later leave his religion as VILE ... is the most ridiculous mental stunt performed by men of the cloth.

The god would have to be insane to create such a ridiculous PLAN.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#559249 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
A protestant pastor receives prayer requests from congregants, he/she receives a salary from the congregants, housing, food, transportation, etc. The pastors are usually respected and honored by being the teacher and instructor and the focal point while preaching at worship functions. Yep, sounds like satanic idolatry and worship to me.
It doesn't matter how you justify it. The fact that you justify praying to men appointed by men, says enough. Why can't you see that?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#559250 Sep 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Catholic Online
When did the Church start honoring saints?
As a matter of fact, this practice came from a long-standing tradition in the Jewish faith of honoring prophets and holy people with shrines.
http://www.catholic.org/saints/faq.php
We made a memorial to Abe Lincoln,. Doesn't mean we should pray to him.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#559251 Sep 6, 2014
The number of imaginary gods created by men of various religions have filled countless books.

Yet humans in religions don't WANT to believe that gods WERE created BY men.

"MY GOD loves ME ... NOT YOU!"

Idiocy abounds.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559252 Sep 6, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter how you justify it. The fact that you justify praying to men appointed by men, says enough. Why can't you see that?
We ask them to pray to Jesus on our behalf. Just like you ask your pastor or neighbor to pray for you. When you tell me what and why you do in your worship practices as a protestant, I may tell you it's not what we do and is not the practice of the early Church, but I will take your word for it. Why can't you take our word for it when we tell you what and why we do what we do?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#559253 Sep 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you as of late received any personal messages from Jesus' spirit in the sky ... or are you still depending on the words compiled by the men who wrote the Gnostic gospels?
:)
Nope.
I rely upon observation and the wisdom gathered therein from the real world for guidance. Man's written words can lead one astray.
Surely you are aware of how difficult it is to accurately and effectively communicate with words scrawled or typed on some paper or electronic screen June.
Example;
1. Do you want to buy a boat cheap?
2. Do you want to buy a cheap boat?
Translate those two sentences EXACTLY into another language.

The wisdom gained from quietly observing a colony of ants would teach you more undeniable truth in one hour, than any book concerning life in this dimension.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#559254 Sep 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Yet humans in religions don't WANT to believe that gods WERE created BY men.
...
Incorrect.
Only the words written by men are created by men. Man did not create God/Cosmos. The tales of man about the God/Cosmos are where the various misperceptions of God/Cosmos come into play June.
For you to say that man created God/Cosmos is to say that fleas created the dog they live upon.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#559255 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We ask them to pray to Jesus on our behalf. Just like you ask your pastor or neighbor to pray for you. When you tell me what and why you do in your worship practices as a protestant, I may tell you it's not what we do and is not the practice of the early Church, but I will take your word for it. Why can't you take our word for it when we tell you what and why we do what we do?
You pray to dead men. How can they help you?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#559256 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We ask them to pray to Jesus on our behalf. Just like you ask your pastor or neighbor to pray for you. When you tell me what and why you do in your worship practices as a protestant, I may tell you it's not what we do and is not the practice of the early Church, but I will take your word for it. Why can't you take our word for it when we tell you what and why we do what we do?
lol, so you are uncertain that Jesus will hear and answer YOUR prayers. as for Born Again Christians, WE KNOW THAT HE HEARS OUR PRAYERS AND HOW DO WE KNOW THAT? BECAUSE THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.LOL@U.

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

YOU CAN FIND THAT FROM YOUR [FIRST] POPE(ALLEGEDLY)

another indication that you don't even know Peter, or you would have n need to ask those who have went on to ask Jesus to hear your prayers.

and another thing, HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT THE PERSON THAT YOU ARE ASKING AND PRAYING TO , even made it to Heaven?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559257 Sep 6, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
We made a memorial to Abe Lincoln,. Doesn't mean we should pray to him.
Until very recently the word "pray" meant to ask for something or favor. When we pray to a saints (who we believe are alive in heaven in the presence of Jesus), we're asking them to ask Him on our behalf. The action itself is no different than you asking your pastor to pray to Jesus on your behalf. In other words, you're asking your pastor to intercede or be your mediator. So your belief that Paul condemned other subordinate "mediators" to the one mediator, Jesus, is way off base. We know there is only one mediator between God and man, but Paul says men can be subordinate mediators for each other when they pray to the one mediator.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#559258 Sep 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are " perfectly describing" a Protestant " bible waiving" sidewalk preacher.....The fact is that Catholic Priests don't need to "desperately resort" to using the "used car salesman (yelling) lingo" to sell the ALREADY PROVEN and CONFIRM TRUTH of over 2000 years regarding Jesus Christ and HIS Pne True Apostolic Catholic Church ...The TRUTH of the Catholic Church "sells itself---and has done so for over 2000 years......That is why it Jesus Christ (one and only)TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, is the ONLY Chirstian Church that continues to grow each and every year world wide, at the rate of over 1.5% while EVERY other bible only Protestant Church continues to (splinter into more and more I contradicting denomination or -----continues to decline downward at the speed of a "sinking ship"!!....
~~~
YOU WROTE

"You are " perfectly describing" a Protestant " bible waiving" sidewalk preacher.....The fact is that Catholic Priests don't need to "desperately resort" to using the "used car salesman (yelling)

JESUS SAID...Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Luk_13:3 ..... except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Your day of ETERNAL lamentations will come


MEANWHILE... THE PROPHET ISIAH SAID...
Isa_58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

IN THIS CASE IT IS YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS THAT NEED TO TURN FROM WICKED WAYS..

I am doing WHAT GOD CALLED ME TO DO....

What are you doing about it?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559259 Sep 6, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You pray to dead men. How can they help you?
Are people in heaven "dead"?
Can your pastor "help" you or is it Jesus who helps you when your pastor prays?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#559260 Sep 6, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, so you are uncertain that Jesus will hear and answer YOUR prayers. as for Born Again Christians, WE KNOW THAT HE HEARS OUR PRAYERS AND HOW DO WE KNOW THAT? BECAUSE THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.LOL@U.
For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
YOU CAN FIND THAT FROM YOUR [FIRST] POPE(ALLEGEDLY)
another indication that you don't even know Peter, or you would have n need to ask those who have went on to ask Jesus to hear your prayers.
and another thing, HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT THE PERSON THAT YOU ARE ASKING AND PRAYING TO , even made it to Heaven?
So you never, ever ask someone to pray for you? And no one ever asks you to pray for them? Why don't y'all just go straight to Jesus and cut out the middle man?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#559261 Sep 6, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doing WHAT GOD CALLED ME TO DO....
What are you doing about it?
I am telling you that it is evident that you have forgotten some of the instructions dear.
I am telling you that when you persist on throwing your seeds onto the pavement, sidewalks, and the rocks, you are displaying very poor sowing skills, and horrible judgement. Furthermore, you are in direct violation of the instructions given you to shuffle on down the street when they will not listen to you.
To attempt to convince folks who are NOT listening to you, is akin to an attempt to sell a fish some scuba gear.
Just saying.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#559262 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We ask them to pray to Jesus on our behalf. Just like you ask your pastor or neighbor to pray for you. When you tell me what and why you do in your worship practices as a protestant, I may tell you it's not what we do and is not the practice of the early Church, but I will take your word for it. Why can't you take our word for it when we tell you what and why we do what we do?
The key words here are "[what protestants do] is not the practice of the early Church", and they know it. So the only way they can justify their deviation is by attacking the Church they split from. There's a tremendous amount of insecurity there.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559263 Sep 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The number of imaginary gods created by men of various religions have filled countless books.
Yet humans in religions don't WANT to believe that gods WERE created BY men.
"MY GOD loves ME ... NOT YOU!"
Idiocy abounds.


....I live a good life. I know right from wrong and live my life accordingly. Never been arrested, never did illegal drugs, don't abuse women or alcohol, do a good turn for people in need. If there is an all loving God and thats not good enough for him, then thats the God I don't want to know about.

....Millions of christains, Muslims Jews etc. sit in their house of worship every week who break the laws of the land more than I ever did, yet believe because they love their God they will be saved and I won't.

I say BS!!!!!






“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#559264 Sep 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The key words here are "[what protestants do] is not the practice of the early Church", and they know it. So the only way they can justify their deviation is by attacking the Church they split from. There's a tremendous amount of insecurity there.
There is a tremendous amount of insecurity in mankind ... PERIOD !!!
You describe normal human behaviour and attempt to sell it as a thiing which affects only certain groups of homo sapiens dear. That is dishonest.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559265 Sep 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The key words here are "[what protestants do] is not the practice of the early Church", and they know it.

So the only way they can justify their deviation is by attacking the Church they split from. There's a tremendous amount of insecurity there.
.......ReginaM. Christianity regardless of what division you belong to, in the western world is on the slide. Trust in church leaders is at a low. While you argue that God loves you more than others and they argue god loves them more than you, people in all 42,301 christian teams are slipping out the back door never to return.

churches in america are empting out becoming fitness centres, condos and art galleries. Instead of arguing over BS why don't you find what commonalities you have instead of arguing what differences you have?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/25/whats...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/histori...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559266 Sep 6, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol,
and another thing, HOW DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT THE PERSON THAT YOU ARE ASKING AND PRAYING TO , even made it to Heaven?
....because the catholic church says each saint is hand picked by God and that saint is fast tracked to heaven then God forwards that information via the vatican where only the Pope and Cardinals receive inspirations from God.

....sorry cowboy, no one outside the catholic church gets this information from God. There are thousands of saints, so heaven is filling up fast! get your ticket punched while ther is still room.

...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#559267 Sep 6, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Liam"]<quote d text>
Agree. The Muslims started out with war on their minds and it had nothing to do with Christianity.
I've said decent things about Islam. I know Muhammad wasn't a prophet and the Koran isn't the word of God, but majority of Muslims try not to sin. In some way, that's got to be pleasing to God.
----------
...Muslims try not to sin ??? They do use the word 'honor' when they kill their wives and daughters. Cutting peoples heads off...especially Jews and Christians...they claim they are honoring 'god';
WHAT IS SIN ???
Do you really have to ask????

Sin: offence, sin(-ful).

Any time...glad to help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Daddy dosh 10,703
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... 17 hr Pardon Pard 1
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 20 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
More from around the web