Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688931 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#559205 Sep 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible only fundamentalists like you have an excuse for everything........You spread your "goody two shoes" bible waiving condemnation and judgment toward everyone and anyone ( especially Catholics) who don't follow your half-truth,half-heresy" man- made" 18th century bible verse quoting misinterpreting of The TRUE Word of God.--------Then deny the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE authenticated and PROVEN Apostolic Church History with some "make-it-up-as-you-go " editorialized anti-catholic history "legends" which some 21st Protestant "hack writer" decided to "invent" in order to keep the 42,200 bible only followers " duped" into believing.....The fact that I lived this bible only (half-truth half heresy Christianity) distortion for over 35 years before Our Lord "open my eyes to the TRUTH of this bible verse contradicting, and inconsistent "hodge-podge" of bible only nonsense of chaos and confusion ,was through the inspiration, enlightening and the leading of the Holy Spirit, God Our a Father and Jesus HIMSELF.....God help those (like you) who have blinded, decensitized and duped to the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ which He gave us over 2000 years ago in and through HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church
YOU WROTE

Bible only fundamentalists like you have an excuse for everything....

One thing that there is no excuse for is the ignorance of the ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY..

2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

(NOTE...SHUN THE CONJECTURE AND FABLES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY)
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;

2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal,

The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559206 Sep 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact that the two churches have some saints that are different but we also have a lot of the same saints. You believe as you wish as I will believe in what comforts me...In the end we will see wont we....
......How can you have different saints, if Anthony claims God picks the saints?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#559207 Sep 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I was told by my priest a few years ago. The Church was ONE. At the time of 1054 the split, the catholic church took the word catholic....(meaning universal) and the orthodox took the name orthodox ( meaning correct faith) BUT up until that point, the church that Christ founded was called The Way...One Holy, Catholic ( meaning universal) Apostolic Church....Neither Catholic a in the church of today or orthodox as in the church of today...Maybe that is why in the very beginning the two churches do share alot of the same Saints from the early times? I don't know.
If you study the roots of Christianity, you will see that from day one the Gnostic Christians could not agree in how to make Judaism over into the supposed universal truth as they were all fighting among each other to gain control of the Christian religion.

Even after Constantine gave the Gnostic Catholics the power over other religions, the fighting never ceased over who were the REAL Gnostic Knowledge-ABLE Christians.

Why you want to believe that humans that wanted to lead religions were EVER polite to each other is beyond me, as you can see on this forum that all of you are trying to lead others in the idea that you own the only God-given truth in the universe.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559208 Sep 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible only fundamentalists like you have an excuse for everything........You spread your "goody two shoes" bible waiving condemnation and judgment toward everyone and anyone ( especially Catholics) who don't follow your half-truth,half-heresy" man- made" 18th century bible verse quoting misinterpreting of The TRUE Word of God.--------Then deny the TRUTH of over 2000 years of TRUE authenticated and PROVEN Apostolic Church History with some "make-it-up-as-you-go " editorialized anti-catholic history "legends" which some 21st Protestant "hack writer" decided to "invent" in order to keep the 42,200 bible only followers " duped"
......hahaha! Your comments remind me of some loser standing in a small town at a corner holding religious pamphlets yelling out at those walking by....REPENT. NOW!!! Save your soul before its too late!! Follow me and Jesus!!!!!!!

....are you the youngest of the triplets? You, Anthony, and Liam?... lol!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559209 Sep 6, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
When I ask a question on here most so called Bib;e scholars on this forum are afraid to take up any question I pose. So lets see who has a pair tonight spiritually speaking.
Now it's your turn to see if you have "a pair."

Why did God place his perfected spirit in the bodies of Adam and Eve, when he hated sin and yet knew ahead of time that Adam and Eve were going to sin???

Why did God create Adam's body out of earth, and yet created Eve's body out of Adam's rib.

Why does your God only love those who love Jesus, and not all the other saviors in other religions?

Why did God create non-human animals to suffer when they never had religion in their brains and therefore were not able to sin?

Why do Christians insist that Jesus was and is REAL, yet insist that all the saviors in other religions are false?

Come on Tony ... show us YOUR "pair."

And I have many more questions prepared after you answer those questions.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#559210 Sep 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes one game-player to recognize another game-player and that is why you and I can spot players trying to play games with others.
We KNOW why and how the games are played.
:)
By the way Robert ... when you left your Protestant religion for Catholicism, did you believe that on judgment day, when the roll is called up yonder that the Protestants would be welcomed through the Christian pearly gate of heaven by Saint Peter, as would you???
Game-player!
June

Its a game of tic-tac-toe with some, they don't know how to learn a new game....Remember the movie, where a kid hacks into a military computer, and almost starts WWIII? In the end he made the computer play tic-tac-toe, until the computer even realized that there is no end to the game. Well, some people haven't learned it yet..., maybe never will, I don't know.

I have been rethinking my move from Protestantism(which I grew up with), to Catholicism. But I never did believe Protestants were not going to heaven. I don't want to divulge what I am thinking at this time, as it really is not complete, and may have flaws which I am not aware of.

And some people on this thread love to pounce all over other people's flaws on this thread. Don't they June?

Smart game player....
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#559211 Sep 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't accuse anyone of claiming millions, dozens of fundies on this board have screamed millions and millions for years...a particularly nasty one said 100 million. Like you, they all point their fingers and snarl "whore of Babylon". Not one of them have ever provided a single reputable source for this number. It's obvious you can't either and are now backtracking. Best if you were to avoid making any accusations you can't support.
What are you rambling about? I don't need to back track. You accused me of something then want to give your phony advice. You really should follow your own advice. I doubt you will since you seem to believe you're above it all.

Location hidden

#559212 Sep 6, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Robert - what game am I playing? Please be specific.
NASL

Peace

Tic-tac-toe.

Peace
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#559213 Sep 6, 2014
A new inquisition for the catholic church? Pesky nuns under investigation for their hard work and efforts helping those in need in a 2014 world?

No investigation of the bishops/cardinals who allowed and created the biggest church scandal in 500 years.

.......I quote from the article.......In sharp contrast Cardinal William Levada, who guided the early phase of the investigation of the nuns as prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, is a theologian charged with upholding and enforcing Catholic doctrine.

.......... Cardinal Levada is a product of the hierarchy that caused the worst crisis of the church since the Protestant Reformation, the long tide of clergy child sexual abuse scandals that has left stress cracks, financially, and morally, at the foundation of the church. In the CDF investigation of the nuns, Levada was surrounded with many of the same bishops and cardinals who engaged in disastrous reshuffling of pedophile priests from one parish to the next, leaving a trail of traumatized victims and massive law suits that have driven some dioceses into bankruptcy.

But no investigation of them! Of course not.

http://www.globalpost.com/special-reports/new...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559214 Sep 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question and I will get you the answer by tomorrow night. I will call my priest tomorrow and ask him...
I suggest that the men that split off from Roman Catholicism to start the new religion of the Greek Orthodox church, wanted to show the men of the Roman Catholic church that they could make their own rules of WHO would be canonized as saints. And when they canonized Constantine ... it gave them a sense of POWER of their OWN DOING.

In other words "We can show you Roman Catholics that WE can ALSO choose to canonize SAINTS."

Of course they would do it under the "humble" ruse of "Constantine did so much for US ... the least we can do for him is canonize his soul and spirit so that he will now be allowed in heaven with top honors."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559215 Sep 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> I was thinking and I am asking you if you know, if the two churches were ONE before the split in 1054 than Constantine wasn't Catholic or Orthodox He converted to Christianity on his deathbed....neither catholic or orthodox but The Way....remember, the two churches were ONE Holy Catholic (universal) Apostolic Church....
Are you asking Liam to believe that those in the Greek Orthodox church will be allowed in heaven?

Surely you jest.

I suggest that to Liam your religion is as off kilter as is the Protestant religion. Liam might not fess up to his naughty characterization of you, but my guess is that if he were to be completely honest he would admit that he is certain that Jesus and God will reject you (for not being a purified Roman Catholic) to hell.

It's the nature of the self-oriented religious human beast to cast others OUT and allow the self the privilege to enter.

Location hidden

#559216 Sep 6, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
People welcomed the Inquisitions? Sounds like a sick attempt to justify murder and torture. Can you provide any evidence of your claim?
The Inquisitions are well documented. I bring them up because I know the Church Christ built had nothing to do with murder and torture the RCC is known for.
Funny how you try to turn the author into some money motivated liar to sell a book.
Denying the facts about your church only shows you cannot accept truth.
USA Born

Peace

What I would emphasize here is that all the "little" nation states, with their kings, and leaders, were in a constant state of war for territory and power. Most people think Europe was some united entity. It was not, but Christianity spread in the region.(It moves all the way up to WWII.)

So what I am saying is that the nation states, kings, and leaders, were those who were torturing, and this was not so much for heresy(although this was the excuse), rather it was for maintaining, and furthering their own power.

Its the basic way of oppressing and persecuting the masses of people by its leaders, who would find any excuse to "eliminate" opposition.

The RCC stepped in to question and observe those accused of "heresy".(As I said, much to the relief of those accused.), and to the dismay of their persecutors. Obviously, difficulties and corruption existed. But that is what happens when human beings are put in charge of anything....

I really don't want to go back into the records to find for you the relief of those who welcomed the Inquisitors coming. I think at this time it would be a waste of time....

Peace
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559217 Sep 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact that the two churches have some saints that are different but we also have a lot of the same saints. You believe as you wish as I will believe in what comforts me...In the end we will see wont we....
If awareness does not continue after death of physical bodies ... all the fighting with words, and weapons of mass destruction over religion will have been completely in VAIN.

I suggest you ponder on that idea ... for a change.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#559218 Sep 6, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
Bible only fundamentalists like you have an excuse for everything....
One thing that there is no excuse for is the ignorance of the ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY..
2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(NOTE...SHUN THE CONJECTURE AND FABLES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY)
2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
2Ti 2:17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal,
The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
Confrinting!.... Yours is just more of the same old "anti-catholic hate, vengeance and hostility" that comes out of your mouth with EVERY post that you make on this forum -----and that ALL 42,200+ Protestant inconsistent denominations your (like you) have been "duped into " for over 450 years since the Protestant Reformation..........The fact that your bible only quoting and misquoting /misinterpreting (man-made) beliefs have NEVER nor will EVER be able to stand on its own contradicting doctrines -WITHOUT attacking, and ripping into Jesus Christ HIMSELF and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Universal Catholic Church --only confirms what I "put up with" for over 35 years as a bible only follower.....Also the fact that sola Scriptura was NEVER BELIEVED BY ANYONE until the 18th century.---only confirms "how desperate" EACH ONE of you bible only believers have become in spreading your half-truth, half-heresy (INCONSISTENT) "man-invented" anti-catholic beliefs.......Your bible only ministry and preaching would have "zero" followers" if you eliminated attacking Jesus Christ and HIS One ( and only one) TRUE Catholic Church because it is 99.9% of your preaching"---the necessary "essence" of your ministry!!----IN FACT--it is the necessity of EVERY bible only (contradicting) denomination --for WITHOUT IT ----attacking the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ in and through the Catholic Church ----bible only CANNOT SURVIVE on its own!!!!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559219 Sep 6, 2014
guest wrote:
If not for Constantine ... there would BE no Muslims ....
they saw Constantine murdering in the Name of God and followed suit ...
-
monkey see - monkey do ...
go figure
Are you also going to blame Constantine's behavior for the Protestants putting each other to death as witches?

I suggest that you are about 12 years of age.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#559220 Sep 6, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you rambling about? I don't need to back track. You accused me of something then want to give your phony advice. You really should follow your own advice. I doubt you will since you seem to believe you're above it all.
THE TEACHING OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY IS NOTHING BUT

Like a witches caldron ...Each pope has cast something into the mixture over the centuries...and it has become a comedy of errs....until there is nothing that resembles the orginal ....

The BIBLE says ..

Psa_34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

What they have attempted to replace the Lord with ...is full of putrid and decay...any sin that could be named is accepted in the brew, ranging from sodomy to murder

( That is with the exception of being a Real Christian and being obedient to God's word.)

they call us SOLA SCRIPTURIANS and scorn us....

Mat_15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mar_7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
(They rage, and call us names imagining vain things?)

Rom_1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

(THEY WORSHIP IDOLS AND CORRUPTIBLE MAN)
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

CREATED A CRUCIFIX
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God/JESUS into an image made like to corruptible man,
and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Location hidden

#559221 Sep 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me that "and obtain for us the blessings we need both for this present life and for the life which has no end" is not a action of getting pardon from God for sins....
obtain: to gain possession of; acquire...
There was not any interpretation....posted word-for-word...
Oxbow

Peace

To obtain, and to pardon are two different things as well....

Obtaining blessings for others is a necessary part of the Christian's life, otherwise, the Christian would be self-centered, and therefore selfish...i.e. unloving.

It isn't an intellectual prize one seeks from God, and who has the biggest bags of marbles wins. It is rather to be more like Christ, and give up all the marbles, and do God's Will....

Peace
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559223 Sep 6, 2014
The saint that ain't ... continued

Culture Clash

The church’s disapproving attitude doesn’t seem to register on Saint Death’s petitioners. The saint is worshiped by thugs, criminals, and drug dealers, but also by everyday folk who invoke the saint for protection and for the recovery of health, stolen items, or even kidnapped family members.

Santa Muerte seems to appeal especially to the poor and downtrodden, perhaps because this saint is so tolerant.“When you go to church you get told off,” one man said as he stood before a shrine of Santa Muerte.“But she does not discriminate. Here nobody cares who you are or what you do.” At the shrine, offerings to Saint Death include roses, tequila, chocolates, colored candles, and cigarettes.

Some view Santa Muerte as a figure of black magic, yet others consider him/her as a Catholic saint worthy of worship.“In some parts of Mexico,” writes author Amy Welborn, who’s written several books on religion and Catholic saints,“she is becoming a rival in popular affection to the Virgin of Guadaloupe, the manifestation of the Virgin Mary that is the reigning symbol of Mexican national identity.”

Dead from the Start

Where did Saint Death come from? Anthropologists date the origin of the cult to the Spanish conquest that brought Christianity into contact with the Aztecs who worshipped death figures such as Mictlantecutli. In pre-Columbian times deities like Coatlicue and Xipe Torec were often portrayed in skeletal form. Others say that Saint Death’s origins are a mix of Roman Catholicism, voodoo, and Santeria, a religion in which African deities are identified with Catholic saints. It all seems to fit comfortably with the tradition of Mexico’s popular Day of the Dead holiday, in which people picnic on tombs, eat candy skulls and coffins, and decorate their homes with paper streamers depicting skeletons—embracing death as a part of life.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559224 Sep 6, 2014
According to wacky Christian theology ... Joan of arc spent 4 centuries in hell before she was canonized as a saint and her suffering soul and spirit were allowed to rise to heaven.

I don't know what Jesus and God thought of that issue ... but the men of the church made it plain what THEY thought.

:)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#559225 Sep 6, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see why you do that display in front of others to show yourself a believer, and I believe your a believer Seri.
Don't know why you think others should though as it's not Biblical and necessary.
...I know that ALL Catholic's and Orthodox cross themselves when receiving Holy Communion. I don't expect you to understand and that's find with me...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web