Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637898 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#559117 Sep 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(I understand why catholics by the millions walked out the door 500 years ago).
They left Catholicism by using words in the pope's bible, to turn with a vengeance on their own brothers and fathers and mothers and other relatives and friends ... to in turn label them as heretics and put them to death ... by the orders of Martin Luther ... the ex-Catholic leader of the mayhem.

Some protest ... HUH???

I suggest that you ARE a Protestant.

You are totally blind to the ill behavior of the Protestants to be anything BUT a Protestant.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#559118 Sep 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......If there is an all loving God you have no idea what a God would think, or what God would find pleasing. Your only assuming, just like you always do.
Natural law with or without religions says there is good and evil. Humans by our very existance have it written on our hearts. Do you believe that? How do you know that evil is evil? More importantly, why would u give a rat's behind one way or the other? The answer is because you are one of many insecure atheist who cant wrap their brains around truths....so you lash out to feel more at ease.

Prince George, Canada

#559119 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's good you left then. But you said you didn't believe as a child. And you said you left long before you knew about any scandal. I think you're a liar with an axe to grind and too much of a chicken to admit it.
Take care Mike. I hope you can find something more enjoyable during your retirement than sitting on an Internet discussion board voicing your disgust with the "religion" you left. I know I would. ;0)
Hojo and Robert left their Protestant religion to become Catholic.

Are you PROUD of them for being disgusted with the religion that they left behind?

My guess is, you are VERY proud of them.

You are simply disgruntled when someone leaves YOUR religion behind.

People in religion have a tendency to be VERY moody. It depends on who chooses to join their religion and who chooses to leave.
Anthony MN

United States

#559120 Sep 5, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
All your rambling words are nonsense. You accuse me, and others of lying about "millions" murdered in the Inquisitions, but offer no proof that it isn't true. Now do you get it? I never said anything about "millions" but you feel free to just throw a lie out there and accuse me. Now you ask me if the accuser should provide proof? My answer is yes, please provide proof I said "millions".
I do believe evil was in the Roman church and in the RCC. I don't believe in the legends started by Irenaeus in 180CE, over 100 years after the death of Peter. IMO, the RCC is not the only true church but is the whore of babylon.
You said, and I quote:

"can you prove that millions were not killed by your church fathers?"

Want me to get the post number? It was just a few hours ago.

Now you say; "I never said anything about "millions" but you feel free to just throw a lie out there and accuse me."

When you ask "can you prove millions were not killed by your church fathers?", you ARE saying "millions" .

And for some insane reason you think the burden of proof is on me to prove a negative.

"IMO, the RCC is not the only true church but is the whore of babylon."

Well, there we have it. Another fundamentalist fanatic who can't count to ten without taking his shoes and white hood off.

Prince George, Canada

#559121 Sep 5, 2014
If I became a Protestant, the Protestants would shower me with LOVE.

If I became a Catholic, the Catholics would shower me with LOVE.

Both sides want me to entertain the idea that they are mimicking Jesus' and God's behavior.

But, as I'm an Atheist and refuse to join either side of the debate ... they suggest that I am evil.

And that is religion in a nutshell.

Prince George, Canada

#559122 Sep 5, 2014
If you don't copy the mindsets of the devotees ... you WILL be labeled as EVIL!

It's a GIVEN!

United States

#559124 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
QUESTION FOR CATHOLICS:
How many "heretics" did your church kill?
-
-
hojo wrote:
QUESTION FOR "BRAINWASHED" BIBLE ONLY FUNDIES (such as you Guest)!
Have anti-Catholic bible only Protestants ever been involved in killing other human beings?....
Answer: Who do you think was killing all of those Catholics in Europe for hundreds of years during and after the Protestant Reformation..........Just look at the history of England where Protestants killed millions of Irish a Catholics for not being Bible only Protestants..
http://www.skepticfiles.org/xhate/martyr ......
http://www.noraid.com/Holocaust.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish...Catho ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catho ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forty_Marty ..
http.//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M artyrs_of_.....
And please Guest--don't try to pass off this "garbage denial" that you are a bible only and not a Protestant.....The fact is that if claim to be just a bible only believer "you are in fact" an anti-catholic Protestant----------that is duped with the same Polluted Pot of Protestant Propaganda of which you and other bible only's need to " remove the log in your own eye before you try to remove the splinter in another person eye"------ hypocrite"!!!!!
-
-
they learned it by watching Catholics, hojo,
they learned it by watching Catholics .....
-
CATHOLICS started it .... With Constantine, and then we got Islam -- because THEY learned it by watching Catholics, too!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#559125 Sep 5, 2014
Catholics refer to the pope as Holy Father.....this is the title used by Jesus Christ, the Son of God, when referring to God.

If that is not putting a man equal to God...what is????

Prince George, Canada

#559126 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
And for some insane reason you think the burden of proof is on me to prove a negative.
You swear that a HOLY God exists and according to you, that is a positive.

Now, I want to prove to me the negative that the DEVIL exists.

That burden of proof is ON YOU.

United States

#559127 Sep 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION FOR "BRAINWASHED" BIBLE ONLY FUNDIES (such as you Guest)!
Have anti-Catholic bible only Protestants ever been involved in killing other human beings?....
Answer: Who do you think was killing all of those Catholics in Europe for hundreds of years during and after the Protestant Reformation..........Just look at the history of England where Protestants killed millions of Irish a Catholics for not being Bible only Protestants..
http://www.skepticfiles.org/xhate/martyr ......
http://www.noraid.com/Holocaust.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish...Catho ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catho ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forty_Marty ..
http.//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M artyrs_of_.....
And please Guest--don't try to pass off this "garbage denial" that you are a bible only and not a Protestant.....The fact is that if claim to be just a bible only believer "you are in fact" an anti-catholic Protestant----------that is duped with the same Polluted Pot of Protestant Propaganda of which you and other bible only's need to " remove the log in your own eye before you try to remove the splinter in another person eye"------ hypocrite"!!!!!
-
-
Well ... only ONE of your links works. Figures.
-
Kind of like making logical connections about the church in real life, too, huh, hojo?

Prince George, Canada

#559128 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
-
CATHOLICS started it .... With Constantine, and then we got Islam -- because THEY learned it by watching Catholics, too!
Should the Catholics be blamed for Martin Luther and the other Protestants that chose to kill the Catholics as heretics???

Come ON ... you can be honest with your self ... if you TRY hard enough!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#559129 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You swear that a HOLY God exists and according to you, that is a positive.
Now, I want to prove to me the negative that the DEVIL exists.
That burden of proof is ON YOU.
What makes you think I want you to prove anything?

Prince George, Canada

#559130 Sep 5, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural law with or without religions says there is good and evil.
That is religious terminology which indicates that if you are good a god will love you, and if you bad the devil will get you.

Natural law is that humans in or not in religion are self-centered mortal animals of no more worth than any other animals.

That is nature's way.

United States

#559131 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
-
Oh? So the POPE had authority when he said it was ok to Torture and Murder heretics? And Constantine had authority when he decided to make war in the Name of God?
June VanDerMark wrote:
As did Martin Luther and his followers.
As a protestor of the Catholic religion ... as was Martin Luther ... you are lopped-sided.
-
-
once again ... IF THE CATHOLICS SIT OUT THE NEXT 1,500 YEARS and the Protestants torture and murder without restraint .......*THEN* and o n l y *THEN* will be be equal and have a 'fair and balance' place to start measuring this from
-
so, AGAIN ... after 1,500 years is up with NO interference from the Catholic Front, get back with me on this lopsided crap.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#559132 Sep 5, 2014
who="Liam"]<quote d text>
Agree. The Muslims started out with war on their minds and it had nothing to do with Christianity.
I've said decent things about Islam. I know Muhammad wasn't a prophet and the Koran isn't the word of God, but majority of Muslims try not to sin. In some way, that's got to be pleasing to God.

----------
...Muslims try not to sin ??? They do use the word 'honor' when they kill their wives and daughters. Cutting peoples heads off...especially Jews and Christians...they claim they are honoring 'god';

WHAT IS SIN ???
Anthony MN

United States

#559133 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If no Catholic bodies could be found, then Catholics could never say their forefathers were killed by Protestants.
It works both ways ... RIGHT?
I suggest that the Catholic and Protestant wars took their toll of more than enough lives in the name of heresy and witchcraft. Don't you agree???
Yes, I agree as would most Catholics. Good luck finding a protestant who would.

Prince George, Canada

#559134 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>-
Have you conned your self into believing that hojo will be rejected by Jesus and God to hell ... while you will waltz through heaven's gate with flying colors?

Prince George, Canada

#559135 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think I want you to prove anything?
I suggest you want to prove that Catholics are idolized by Jesus and God.

And if you say that is not true ... I suggest that your nose will start growing as did the nose of Pinocchio when he lied.

:)
Anthony MN

United States

#559136 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo and Robert left their Protestant religion to become Catholic.
Are you PROUD of them for being disgusted with the religion that they left behind?
My guess is, you are VERY proud of them.
You are simply disgruntled when someone leaves YOUR religion behind.
People in religion have a tendency to be VERY moody. It depends on who chooses to join their religion and who chooses to leave.
Proud? Not really. Joyful? Certainly. Disgruntled? Not at all. Sad? Yes.

Prince George, Canada

#559137 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree as would most Catholics. Good luck finding a protestant who would.
Well, Catholics are trained to protect your religion, and Protestants are trained to protect their religion.

It all started with pope Leo X and Martin Luther's claims that each other was the anti-Christ. And the Christians had to take sides ... and it continues on this forum to this day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 min Im Just Saying 10,084
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Mon nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web