Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 693339 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#559146 Sep 5, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Liam"]<quote d text>
WHAT IS SIN ???
“If sin is innate, it is not voluntary; if it is voluntary, then it is not innate.”

Pelagius
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559147 Sep 5, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
WHAT IS SIN ???
sin

noun
the 22nd letter of the hebrew alphabet.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#559148 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
with the Catholic church nobody else is allowed to copy their m.o.
-
Only the Roman Catholic Church is allowed to wreak havoc and cause terror in the Name of God ...'cause they have Da KEYS! oh, yeah ...
-
Da KEYS render them QUALIFIED to do God's job for him. mmm, hmmm.
NOT!
You are backed in the corner.

United States

#559149 Sep 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
That's not my point at all. Constantine was a pagan when he became emperor. He had a conversion of sorts during his reign, but he was not baptized a Catholic Christian until just before his death. That's it.
-
-
"conversion of sorts" ?.... really? just what IS that?
-
isn't it MORE like he had a "Baptism into Catholicism of sorts"?... you know, more like a baptism of convenience?
-
hedging his 'bets' as it were ....
playing it 'safe'
waiting 'til the last minute possible ...
giving him an excuse to wantonly murder in the Name of God and then grabbing that, "Get Out Of Hell, Free" card ... just before he was about to step into the next life?
-
Constantine was a phony. A liar. A cheat. A murderer. An ARROGANT murderer - as he thought he was doing "God's Job."
-
he was not qualified to do God's Job.
-
as are NONE of the popes.
go figure.
truth

Australia

#559150 Sep 5, 2014
Christain church not be divided before.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559151 Sep 5, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
WHAT IS SIN ???
The Biblical terms that have been translated from Greek and Hebrew as “sin” or "syn" originate in archery and literally refer to missing the "gold" at the centre of a target, but hitting the target, i.e. error.[12] In archery, not hitting the target at all is referred to as a "miss".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559152 Sep 5, 2014
Sin to a Christian means to offend Jesus and God.

That is YOUR problem.

I don't believe that there IS a god in existence to BE offended.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559153 Sep 5, 2014
guest wrote:
<The Protestants learned it by WATCHING the Catholics.
The Muslims learned it by WATCHING the Catholics.
So why are you nagging at the Catholics when you believe that Protestants had the same ill behavior of killing innocent humans as heretics and witches???

WHY???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559154 Sep 5, 2014
The protestors known as Protestants bragged that they created a "reformation" ... while at the same time they were killing their own Catholic BLOOD-relatives as being heretics.

The insanity is plain for all to see ... if you not are not blinded by the human WILL to protect the IMAGE of the Protestant religion.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#559155 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
“If sin is innate, it is not voluntary; if it is voluntary, then it is not innate.”
Pelagius
While Pelagius may have impressed the illiterati of his day; he couldn't tie a pair of shoes, work a zipper, operate a PC, drive a car nor operate a cell phone.

Do you think his either/or, this or that, concept even applies nowadays considering our evolved IQ?
Why can't something be both innate and our occasional succumbing to it be voluntary as well?

Life IS a battle of wills , after all.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559156 Sep 5, 2014
These were Protestants that committed the crimes in the name of Jesus and God.

So I suggest you should not brag about a Protestant reformation.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Jun 10, 1692:

First Salem witch hanging

In Salem Village in the Massachusetts Bay Colony, Bridget Bishop, the first colonist to be tried in the Salem witch trials, is hanged after being found guilty of the practice of witchcraft.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/fi...
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#559157 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Sin to a Christian means to offend Jesus and God.
That is YOUR problem.
I don't believe that there IS a god in existence to BE offended.
Do you not understand that Sin is also about offending yourself and/or your fellow man/woman?

Take yourself out of the drivers seat for a bit and contemplate this... Life is more than you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559158 Sep 5, 2014
More persecution committed in the name of God and Jesus, by the self-professed "Puritan"-Protestant s.
>>>>>>> >>>>

In June 1692, the special Court of Oyer and Terminer ["to hear and to decide"] convened in Salem under Chief Justice William Stoughton to judge the accused. The first to be tried was Bridget Bishop of Salem, who was accused of witchcraft by more individuals than any other defendant. Bishop, known around town for her dubious moral character, frequented taverns, dressed flamboyantly (by Puritan standards), and was married three times. She professed her innocence but was found guilty and executed by hanging on June 10. Thirteen more women and five men from all stations of life followed her to the gallows, and one man, Giles Corey, was executed by crushing. Most of those tried were condemned on the basis of the witnesses' behavior during the actual proceedings, characterized by fits and hallucinations that were argued to have been caused by the defendants on trial.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/fi ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559159 Sep 5, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
While Pelagius may have impressed the illiterati of his day; he couldn't tie a pair of shoes, work a zipper, operate a PC, drive a car nor operate a cell phone.
Do you think his either/or, this or that, concept even applies nowadays considering our evolved IQ?
Why can't something be both innate and our occasional succumbing to it be voluntary as well?
Life IS a battle of wills , after all.
As do all mortal humans, you will believe what you find most pleasing to your emotions.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559160 Sep 5, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not understand that Sin is also about offending yourself and/or your fellow man/woman?
Take yourself out of the drivers seat for a bit and contemplate this... Life is more than you.
First you believe that God and Jesus are offended BY sin, and then you are convinced that as a born sinner you offend your self.

It's all about religious indoctrination.

I don't believe that I was born a sinner or am a sinner.

I believe that I commit self-centered behavior as do all animals.
truth

Australia

#559161 Sep 5, 2014
are you for sure all accused are wrong
no
history is teacher of life

many people and tribe disapier from map of the world
is atheist godly holy and lived in righteousness
very sad
put stone if are you better
no
its written
from begining
you adam will work very hard you eva will brouth birth in pain..
Did someone make mistake before as well why?
If you know civilization exist before stronger and smarter!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559162 Sep 5, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is more than you.
Would you feel better about your self if I joined your religion???

My guess is ... you would!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#559163 Sep 5, 2014
In public school I was taught about the Puritans. But the image placed in my mind in public school (that was then totally Christianized in Protestant fashion) was that the Puritans were HOLY beings that lived their lives aligned to the mindset of a HOLY God.

Now I understand that I was brainwashed.

WOW!

United States

#559164 Sep 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you nagging at the Catholics when you believe that Protestants had the same ill behavior of killing innocent humans as heretics and witches???
WHY???
-
-
how dense can you be on this? really?
HOW MANY TIMES have I said ..... the Catholics STARTED this crap?
and IF NOT FOR THEM
we could have possibly had a peaceful world to live in
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#559165 Sep 5, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to get it this time. You accuse people of claiming millions but can't prove them wrong. However you want to twist it, go for it. It still comes out a lie.
You're sounding like a desperate little minion. Call me what makes you feel good, I don't care.
I don't accuse anyone of claiming millions, dozens of fundies on this board have screamed millions and millions for years...a particularly nasty one said 100 million. Like you, they all point their fingers and snarl "whore of Babylon". Not one of them have ever provided a single reputable source for this number. It's obvious you can't either and are now backtracking. Best if you were to avoid making any accusations you can't support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Daddy dosh 10,703
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... 16 hr Pardon Pard 1
News For New Year, pope urges help for refugees, res... Jan 1 South Knox Hombre 1
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Dec 30 D dicampli 1
News Topless protester tries to grab baby Jesus figu... Dec 28 Donald J Trump 2
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 20 Truth Be Told 9
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov '17 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
More from around the web