Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699379 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#558166 Aug 30, 2014
They do not see grace as the regeneration of our dead spirits, as a work of God apart from anything we do or can do.

They may also believe that grace is what God bestows to one who has done everything he can to be obedient. Again, while they may not state it in exactly these terms, we think that it is a necessary inference from their theology; thus grace is the small remaining step that remains toward salvation after one is correctly obedient. God fills the gap with his grace.(Interestingly, this is the same view of grace held by Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.)

When asked how they know that they are saved, they will probably say something like, "I have been obedient" or "I have been pleasing to God."

The role of Christ, and thus the atonement, was merely for the purpose of displaying God's love for man and giving him a law to obey that would bring life. Christ is said to save by furnishing man an example. He simply showed man how to save himself.

Their theology may be either semi-Pelagian (salvation by works plus God's grace) or full-Pelagian (God's grace and the righteousness of Christ may be nice to have, but are not necessary for salvation because one can save himself by obedience).

Despite their emphasis on patternism, works righteousness, the Law of Christ, and their view of grace that is similar to the pseudo-Christian cults, they deny that they are legalists.

The Holy Spirit is not well defined and is limited in his activities. The Holy Spirit is often said to be either not active today, or the Holy Spirit's activities may be limited to the words of the New Testament, or that the Spirit's activities are limited to helping us understand the Bible. In any case, they see the Holy Spirit's activities in a much more confined role than other Christians. So the Holy Spirit becomes, in a sense, the same as the Bible. There is little or no place for the Holy Spirit in regeneration or sanctification. Some even reject the notion that the Holy Spirit indwells a person, despite numerous mentions of this in the New Testament.

They deny (vehemently) the historic Christian doctrine of Original Sin, even though they may admit that (a) everyone sins, and (b) children have to be taught not to be sinful. Thus man sins, not because of any corruption in his nature, but because of his lack of understanding or simple stubbornness. This is a view they share with non-Christian groups: Muslims, communists, eastern religions, Mormons, and Jehovah's Witnesses.

They refuse to fellowship with other Christians, even other conservative Christians.SEE THIS NEWBIE!!!!!lol

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#558167 Aug 30, 2014
truth wrote:
don't play adversary
Who is playing?

Location hidden

#558168 Aug 30, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect preacherman.
You know nothing of me.
All you know concerning me is what I have written here.
Which posts are the universal truth about me cowboy?
You remind me of that holier than thou TV preacherman in "Oh God".
Here is what Jerry Landers told him
""God sent me to you. I just left him. He wanted me to give you the answers to all these questions. He also asked me to tell you that he's very unhappy that you're getting rich this way and that he'd like you to stop pretending that you're spreading His word. In fact, he suggested that you sell shoes. Well, that's what he said. You're a fake!"
Jerry Landers
played by John Denver
TRUST ME ON THIS. I AINT THE NEWBIE, I DONT WANT TO CALL YOU NOR DO I WANT YOU TO CALL me.
marge

Des Moines, IA

#558169 Aug 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
At one poiNt we tried, a few of us saying a prayer for the needs of each other . A Few joined. Others scoffed .
Id love for it to be so as we worship the same Saviour.
I pray in Jesus name for the saving grace of God to reach ypur loved ones as well as my own
And those of each of us on here .
I pray also for healing of body and Spirit for everyine on this forum
In Jesus most precious,name .
That we might find some common ground in prayer to the ONE
Who loved us enough to be sacrificed and suffer the punishment
For our transgressions as He huNg on the Cross and felt
The Separation that we deserve from Our Father,
something
Totally horrid to His,Sinless nature .
Bless us Lord Jesus
AMEN
AMEN

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#558170 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen more miracles than you have, that is 4 certain. when people don't believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, God isn't going to reveal Himself to those types of heathens.
that places you in the same position as hank. lost and undone without Christ.
I don't remember asking you how many miracles you have seen....here is what I asked "What miraculous powers do you have????

Miraculous: Able to work miracles.

Your action of ducking says you are a fraud....the Pink Rabbit has more credibility than you...

Location hidden

#558171 Aug 30, 2014
Fanning Yater Tant (1908-1997): "There is not a Christian on this earth who is not a member of the church of Christ. There has never been one. There will never be one....De [sic] we mean that denominational people are not true Christians? We mean exactly that....Do we contend that among all the millions of Baptists, Lutherans, Catholics, Methodists, Presbyterians, and other denominational people on the earth there is not even one single, solitary faithful Christian? That is our contention."

Location hidden

#558172 Aug 30, 2014
Another huge issue has been the role of the Holy Spirit. Hughes relates in his book the story of how one scholar/preacher was essentially put on trial and driven from the pulpit. His trespass was to quote the New Testament that the Holy Spirit indwells the believer and is indeed active today. Even though the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is mentioned some 7 times in the New Testament, there was no room for debate on this issue.

So what about the term obey the gospel (Rom 10:16; 2 Thes 1:8; 2 Pet 4:17)? The word for obey that Paul uses in the first two of these verses is the Greek word hupakouo, which is defined in Strong's Concordance as "to hear under (as a subordinate), i.e. to listen attentively; by impl. to heed or conform to a command or authority—hearken, be obedient to, obey" (emphasis ours). Thus, the phrase is translated in some modern translations as "welcome the gospel" (or potentially harken the gospel or heed the gospel), or in the negative "refuse the gospel." In other words, what Paul is saying here is something like a parent would say to a child, "You better listen up buster!" While there are implications of obedience, that is not the force of his statement. The force of the statement is to "pay attention." Thus, we argue that this is yet another factor in favor of seeing obedience as a result of the gospel rather than the gospel itself. Does this new information change your thinking at all between the distinction between the gospel itself and obedience? Please read this short article and give us your response: Gospel.

10. Where in the Bible is "obeying the gospel" equated with being baptized?

11. Is it true that the CC teaches that the gospel was not preached before Pentecost? Do not these passages show that it was in fact preached before Pentecost: Mat 11:5, Mark 1:14-15, Luke 20:1, Rev 14:6?

This distinction between gospel and doctrine, between gospel and obedience, is crucial and seems clear to most Christians except certain modern CC parties. The founders of the Restoration Movement certainly understood the distinction. And the founders of the Protestant Reformation clearly understood the difference as they insisted on a distinction between, as they put it, gospel and law. This helps us understand why Alexander Campbell taught that we should consider as brothers even those new Christians who may not fully understand all of the details of Christian doctrine, or indeed even those who may have legitimate disagreements as to interpretation—and even those who err out of weakness or misunderstanding as we all do. Thus, the basis of unity should be gospel, rather than doctrine. Ketcherside said, "This [distinction] does havoc to what many of us have been calling 'gospel sermons.' Campbell said that a clear, scriptural sermon on faith, repentance and baptism is not gospel preaching. It may of course be truth, and even related to the gospel, and yet not be the gospel."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#558173 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
THIS TEACHING IS WHY HANK DOESNT BELEIVE IN THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST EVEN THO GIF SHOWED HIM MANY SCRIPTURES.
To the dismay of our Pentecostal/Charismatic brothers, they reject charismatic phenomena such as "Gifts of the Spirit" - Speaking in Tongues, Healings, Miracles, etc. They also reject the prosperity gospel and the Old Testament system of giving to the Church called "Tithing".
like I said to GIF, you can show him everything written in the Bible and still he will accept the teachings of his cult over the Bible.
so newbie, he don't think that you got the real "goods" either. and if he wasn't a coward, he would tell you that you are a Christian according to his denominational beliefs.
you see, he isn't like me. I will speak the Truth and let the chips fall where they may. That is what God has called me for, to Stand for Him and His Word.I prefer to lose a friend rather than God.
The Bible does not teach baptism of the Holy Ghost...quote: I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

It do not say: I indeed baptize you of water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you of the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

This time...make a note of the correct message in Scripture...

Location hidden

#558174 Aug 30, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN
lol, none of us are going to come to your church and set around a circle and smoke your bong.

Location hidden

#558175 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUST ME ON THIS. I AINT THE NEWBIE, I DONT WANT TO CALL YOU NOR DO I WANT YOU TO CALL me.
What the hell are you blathering about now?
Calm down Francis.

Location hidden

#558176 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude ... you do not have my number.
You are incapable of calling me.
Trust me.

Location hidden

#558177 Aug 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember asking you how many miracles you have seen....here is what I asked "What miraculous powers do you have????
Miraculous: Able to work miracles.
Your action of ducking says you are a fraud....the Pink Rabbit has more credibility than you...
even paul was NOT ABLE to heal himself. If you don't believe that in jan . 1965, I saw the resurrected Christ, you are welcome to your opinion, that will not change the FACT that I did and can today testify to that Fact.

at your advanced age, you are real close to crossing over, therefore if you are a Christian, you can ask the Lord where He was at on Jan. 30, 1965, Of course there is the other side. you may never see Him since you are bound for hell as it is today.

Location hidden

#558178 Aug 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
At one poiNt we tried, a few of us saying a prayer for the needs of each other . A Few joined. Others scoffed .
I pray in Jesus name for the saving grace of God to reach ypur loved ones as well as my own
something
Bless us Lord Jesus
AMEN
And ... not a single word of thanks.
Classic and typical.
No offense Roz.
Just saying.

Location hidden

#558179 Aug 30, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you blathering about now?
Calm down Francis.
sorry about that, since I didn't pay very much attention to who you are, the reference was actually to pusherman, not you. but what it said still stands.

don't call me and I wont call you. I try not to talk to heathens such as yourself.
BTW, up until last year, I raised horses(11) TWH, not 1/4 horses. and I must confess that I sold our cows(around 20) back in 1997, the bottom dropped out and there was no profit to be made .but my Nick concerns my secular employment

Location hidden

#558180 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
even paul was NOT ABLE to heal himself. If you don't believe that in jan . 1965, I saw the resurrected Christ, you are welcome to your opinion, that will not change the FACT that I did and can today testify to that Fact.
at your advanced age, you are real close to crossing over, therefore if you are a Christian, you can ask the Lord where He was at on Jan. 30, 1965, Of course there is the other side. you may never see Him since you are bound for hell as it is today.
Well, in one respect I would say that you are like Paul of Tarsus, as you are incapable of healing yourself too. I wager you are also incapable of allowing the healing spirit to work through you as well.
I have an answer for you on your question concerning where God was on 30 January 1965 cowboy.
He was everywhere sir ... just like He is today.

Location hidden

#558181 Aug 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible does not teach baptism of the Holy Ghost...quote: I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
It do not say: I indeed baptize you of water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you of the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
This time...make a note of the correct message in Scripture...
your post doesn't make any sense. par for the course with YOU.lol

so now, you have something in common with Hank and his campbellite cult.
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#558182 Aug 30, 2014
i did not asked nothing
go back what i wrote
one Jesus Christ day= humans 1000 years
2000 years=two days
then how we can calculated where we are
you are in within..where in circle death and life
Jesus rise from death!

Location hidden

#558183 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry about that, since I didn't pay very much attention to who you are, the reference was actually to pusherman, not you. but what it said still stands.
don't call me and I wont call you. I try not to talk to heathens such as yourself.
BTW, up until last year, I raised horses(11) TWH, not 1/4 horses. and I must confess that I sold our cows(around 20) back in 1997, the bottom dropped out and there was no profit to be made .but my Nick concerns my secular employment
Two things here cowboy.
1. You lie when you claim you do not pay attention to my message sir.
2. No profit huh? The down to Earth country folk I know are happy to break even or go in the hole now and then. They love to live the life. You live for profit. Then ... and ... now as a supposed preacher of the Gospel of Christ.

Location hidden

#558184 Aug 30, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
something
Bless us Lord Jesus
AMEN
RoS, you and I both know that we along with Sera could never fellowship with Marge, with the attitude that she has shown on this Forum.

remember this, even the apostles had disagreements. Paul and Barnabas had quite a big disagreement and split up, and the Bible doesn't show that they ever reconciled.

How could we have Communion with hank, when he doesn't think that any of us are Christians since we don't belong to his denomination?

there is no way that any catholic church would accept you and I sharing communion with them, that goes with the jw's also.

Lets just wait on the Lord and if we are still on this Earth, that trump will show us who belongs to the Lord and who doesn't,

then and only then will we have unity with each other and the Lord. For me, I have never told ONE person on here that they have to believe in Holiness like I do, I haven't seen ONE post from GIF that we need to believe as he does. that is what REAL Christians do.

we share what the bible teaches, and then it is up to the individuals as to what they do with this Man called Christ

Location hidden

#558185 Aug 30, 2014
and RoS, remember how oxbore attacked you every Sat, along with others who prayed and he allegedly belongs to the sbc.

when all is said and done, there are very few real Christians on this forum. it has morphed into a heathenistic forum, where the devils minions have taken over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43