Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668058 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#558087 Aug 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is, that if Billy Graham now believes that Atheists are saved, according to your Christian theology ... that makes Billy Graham an Atheist ... an outcast from heaven ... blah, blah, blah.
Other Christians see his heresy ... so why don't you? Are you "spiritually" blind?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zHpiNww0uLwXX
June,

I am not making a big deal out of this again.....

I knew about him a long time ago.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#558088 Aug 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who made that remarkable revelation???? You told confriting about it!!!!
I have been posting this for a while now, Ox....

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#558089 Aug 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you not answering my question:
there are several pictures of popes kneeling before the idol of Mary...praying...do you think these are fakes????
Do you think they say point blank that Catholics are to pray to Mary?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#558090 Aug 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I said show me from the catechism that we are supposed to worship Mary. I am not interested in 19th century articles. Can you SHOW ME FROM OFFICIAL CHURCH TEACHING THAT WE CATHOLICS ARE TO GIVE MARY WORSHIP?? If you cant, then you need to apologize for bearing false witness..
I have shown you several websites that show the pope kneeling and praying to an idol of Mary...one of these is the Catholic Herald....clearly showing the popes not following the teaching of the Bible...since they don't follow the Bible...there is no cause to think they would follow the Catechism...whatever it teaches...on whatever...or whoever!!!????
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#558091 Aug 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Anthony....I am going to have to disagree with you here.....
From the Word of God:
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
When Peter said, "Moreover I will endeavor that even after my death you may often have occasion to call these things to mind."
Wouldn't this have been a perfect time to name his successor???
Clement was a disciple of Peter. He wrote this. You're free to disagree with him, but are you not concerned that you may be relying on your own judgement and not the apostles?

Location hidden

#558092 Aug 30, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think they say point blank that Catholics are to pray to Mary?
Old Chinese adage: A picture is worth a thousand words -

In this case..there are several pictures...popes kneeling and praying to an idol of Mary...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#558093 Aug 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,
Good question.....
When an apostle performed the laying hands on to a certain individual that individual could perform miraculous gifts......
Could that individual perform the laying hands on to the next individual (ie, passing the power on to the next person???)
Yes. Consider the fact that all of the ancient Churches have Sees that were founded by the apostles and have direct lineage by way of ordination (laying on of hands) up to this very day. Ask any Eastern Orthodox or Oriental Christian.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#558094 Aug 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony,
Good question.....
When an apostle performed the laying hands on to a certain individual that individual could perform miraculous gifts......
Could that individual perform the laying hands on to the next individual (ie, passing the power on to the next person???)
It's also very important for you to realize that apostolic succession was only rejected after the reformation as the adherents knew they have broken from the apostolic Church.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#558095 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY, this office of being an Apostle is one that is ONLY given by God, no MAN can pass it down. only idiots would believe what you people believe.
Only idiots believe the apostles ordained bishops by laying on of hands? What bible are you reading? What god is speaking to you?
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#558096 Aug 30, 2014
who="Truth"]<quot ed text>
Ok.....
The promise was for the apostles......not the other 120 in the upper room.....
WHY???
IMPORTANT.....all of those baptized 'with' the Holy Spirit spoke in the other languages and all who spoke in those other languages were Galileans
~~~All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues (languages) as the Spirit enabled them.~~~
~~~Utterly amazed, they asked:“Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans?~~~
Everyone baptized 'with' the Holy Spirit that day was from Galilee and the twelve apostles were all "men of Galilee."
“Men of Galilee,” they said,“why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”.
Now, what was the purpose of baptism 'with' the Holy Spirit???

----------
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of FIRE and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And THEY WERE ALL filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them (ALL the 'audience' that witnessed the event), Repent, and be baptized EVERY ONE OF YOU in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and YOU shall receive the gift (PROMISE) of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 FOR the PROMISE IS UNTO YOU, AND to your children, and to ALL that are afar off, EVEN AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL.

When Peter preached to the Centurion (Roman), Cornelius and all of his family received the gift of the Holy Ghost. Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Paul asked the Ephesians (not Jewish apostles):
Act 19:2 ... Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this,(I) THEY WERE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS.
THEN:
Act 19:6 And when PAUL HAD LAID HIS HANDS UPON THEM, THE HOLY GHOST CAME ON THEM; AND THEY SPOKE WITH TONGUES, AND PROPHESIED.

HAVE YOU RECEIVED THE (GIFT OF) HOLY GHOST SINCE 'YOU' BELIEVED ???

KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#558097 Aug 30, 2014
who="Aquarius-WY"] <quoted text>
Easy. The very same way that Elijah, Jacob, Abraham, Noah, Issac, David, and all the rest were "saved".
See how easy that was.

----------
It was TOO easy:

All of the ones you named BELIEVED in and followed God. Atheists do not believe.
One is saved by FAITH (believing in God).

Location hidden

#558098 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
CLAY, this office of being an Apostle is one that is ONLY given by God, no MAN can pass it down. only idiots would believe what you people believe.
An apostle is a messenger..

Messenger: a person who takes messages from one person or group to another or others...If that messenger is given that position by God or by his employer...he is still an apostle...

No charge for tutoring,,,,
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#558099 Aug 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you not answering my question:
there are several pictures of popes kneeling before the idol of Mary...praying...do you think these are fakes????
That's nice. Can you show me from official Catholic teaching that we to worship Mary?

Location hidden

#558100 Aug 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I said show me from the catechism that we are supposed to worship Mary. I am not interested in 19th century articles. Can you SHOW ME FROM OFFICIAL CHURCH TEACHING THAT WE CATHOLICS ARE TO GIVE MARY WORSHIP?? If you cant, then you need to apologize for bearing false witness..
Why are you not answering my question: Are you saying the The Catholic Herald is also putting out material that is not true???!!!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#558101 Aug 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah we know, God told you personally you were an Apostle on December 7th, 1941. a day which will live in infamy.

Location hidden

#558102 Aug 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
An apostle is a messenger..
Messenger: a person who takes messages from one person or group to another or others...If that messenger is given that position by God or by his employer...he is still an apostle...
No charge for tutoring,,,,
lol, I who am an Apostle knows what this office is.

however a heathen like you can only depend on google to instruct you.

a Apostle is one who has seen the Resurrected Christ, who has been Chosen by God Himself, to Preach the Word to heathens like you .

SO YOUR LINK IS NOT NECESSARILY THE COMPLETE TRUTH.

a messenger might take messages from some group BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT GROUP REPRESENTS GOD. OR HAS BEEN CHOSEN BY GOD.

I THINK THAT IT IS FUNNY THAT YOU NEED SOME LINK TO GIVE YOU SOME KNOWLEDGE AND THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, you only know part of the Truth, WHICH IS WHY YOU STILL ARE NOT SAVED AND WE SEE THAT CONSTANTLY,

that you remain a heathen, and boy if you do to to a church, they would love to read your ignorance, and run you out of their church.

BUT HEY, DONT WORRY, marge and her church of two needs members like you. byob!

byob=bring your own bong.lol
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#558103 Aug 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you not answering my question: Are you saying the The Catholic Herald is also putting out material that is not true???!!!
The Catholic Herald is not official Church teaching. They are a newspaper in Britain with 21,000 subscribers.
I asked you to provide evidence from official Church teaching that says we are to worship Mary. If you can't, you need to apologize for bearing false witness. From the catechism Ox... Go.

That goes for Confrint too.

Location hidden

#558104 Aug 30, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah we know, God told you personally you were an Apostle on December 7th, 1941. a day which will live in infamy.
jealous are you?

and the year was in 1984 when I first stepped into a pulpit,I know you don't know what that is since they are not needed or used in catholic satanic services.

I have only been in one catholic church and that was the stinking place I have ever stepped foot in. is that to get you catholics used to the smell of hell?.

why would a catholic church property have a jail on it? your clergy have to lock the little boys in it?

and dont say no church property has a jail on it. I showed pictures of it several years ago on this forum, which is why your church will not live in infamy, Jesus will DESTROY it someday

Location hidden

#558105 Aug 30, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Chinese adage: A picture is worth a thousand words -
In this case..there are several pictures...popes kneeling and praying to an idol of Mary...
NIce.
I already know that. <rolls eyes>
The question was, do those pictures mean ... never mind.

Location hidden

#558106 Aug 30, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Aquarius-WY"] <quoted text>
Easy. The very same way that Elijah, Jacob, Abraham, Noah, Issac, David, and all the rest were "saved".
See how easy that was.
----------
It was TOO easy:
All of the ones you named BELIEVED in and followed God. Atheists do not believe.
One is saved by FAITH (believing in God).
Miss it did ya KayMarie?
The point is that if one can be saved without Christ, then it stands to reason that all CAN be saved in a dissimilar way.
NOTHING is impossible. Remember?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 3 hr Mike Schmidt 342
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jan 20 Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web