Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685741 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#557979 Aug 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.....The fact is that you would "never" see ANY Catholic seeking out a Protestant forum to rip and attack their bible only Churches, salvation and faith in Jesus Christ...We don't need to!....Why??....Because our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church has been firmly grounded, proven, established and authenticated in Jesus Christ ,biblically and historically for over 2000 years.... The " only reason " that ANY of us Catholics are on this forum is to defend the One TRUE Faith and the One TRUE Universal Catholic Church against false and distorted heresy and lies that Bible only Protestants are (desperately)spreading on this forum.
I like the diversity of the churches such as the: Pentecostal Holiness,Assemblies of God,Charismatic denominations and so on. I go to an Assembly of God church,and we have a very broad base of Christians from all races,and ethnicity,all sharing their talents and whatnot.

Our music is very broad and with a richness that comes from every background.

The preaching varies,but is always centered on what Christ has done,and what He does,and what He will do,as HE is Alive and well,and not finished with the human race.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557980 Aug 30, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>God doesn't love me anymore than he does you, June.
Take for instance the parable of the pennies. They all agreed to work for a penny a day no matter what time they started working they all got paid a penny. If you choose to accept him at any time before you die...then you will receive the same as me or anyone else.
Also the parable of the wheat and the tares. He said let them grow together for now so that none of the precious wheat is plucked up. June you may turn out to be wheat and not a tare. Gods love is long suffering and patient. But we will all reap of our own choices and decisions one day. You cannot say that is unfair you have been given the same choice as me or anyone else....It is up to you what you do with it.
So now you are using scriptures to play the new Billy Graham GAME of how Jesus and God love everybody and so everybody will be saved.

I find it amazing that other Christians on this thread are not correcting you, as you are siding with an Atheist who does not accept Jesus as my savior, nor do I believe that Jesus even lived or that a god exists.

I mock your supposed god, and you tell me that not only do YOU love me for mocking your supposed god, but you have the nerve to preach at me that even Jesus and God loves me.

You are quite the PREACHER.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557981 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>Sorry that is not my type of funny there.....lol
I understand that it's not your type of funny. And that means that you really believe that Jesus and God don't love those that mock them as do I. So I suggest that you stop your lying and start preaching the real basic Christianity ... that Jesus and God "don't" love Atheists and fully intend to reject me to hell.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Can you laugh about how comical it is that you picture your self in heaven and others in hell.
Now THAT is hilarious comedy!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557982 Aug 30, 2014
guest wrote:
ahem,
Guess what, Liam, the Roman Catholic Church was NOT CALLED to "execute" heretics, either.
-
But they did.
For centuries.
-
And they weren't 'deciphering' the Bible, either. Is THAT NOT ...obvious to you?
Why do you ignore the vile history that when Protestants first came to America, they were executing each other as heretics and witches???

You can't blame the Catholics for THAT insanity ... and my guess is ... that is what angers you.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557983 Aug 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are using scriptures to play the new Billy Graham GAME of how Jesus and God love everybody and so everybody will be saved.
I find it amazing that other Christians on this thread are not correcting you, as you are siding with an Atheist who does not accept Jesus as my savior, nor do I believe that Jesus even lived or that a god exists.
I mock your supposed god, and you tell me that not only do YOU love me for mocking your supposed god, but you have the nerve to preach at me that even Jesus and God loves me.
You are quite the PREACHER.
I am in no way siding with Atheism....but yes I do still care for atheists souls and would like to see them get saved.

The Jews at the crucifixion, mock Jesus, but he did not hate them. He said Father forgive them for they know not what they do.

And Honestly,I am not a preacher June. Just a former sinner saved by the mercy, love, and grace of God. In Jesus I am a new person. I am just trying to walk with him and be like him.

Let's Play

#557984 Aug 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that it's not your type of funny. And that means that you really believe that Jesus and God don't love those that mock them as do I. So I suggest that you stop your lying and start preaching the real basic Christianity ... that Jesus and God "don't" love Atheists and fully intend to reject me to hell.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you laugh about how comical it is that you picture your self in heaven and others in hell.
Now THAT is hilarious comedy!
June you are just bitter right now. What I don't get is why you want to live without any hope? Jesus does love you, and his ways are fair. He gives us all a chance and it is up to us if we accept it or not.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557985 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text> But from what I read there it seem Catholics think that Pentecostals are demons. I think that is sad.
Oh stop pretending that you are a Christian and that you don't take sides of who is and who is not a REAL Christian.

As does Billy Graham, you make a fool of your self.

If Billy believes that non-believers are saved ... that means he IS an Atheist.

And we all KNOW what REAL Christianity teaches happens to Atheists.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557986 Aug 30, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
June VanDerMark: "Love is an over-rated word."
-
I am absolutely not surprised that you would say such a thing, either.
When you keep insinuating that Jesus and God don't love Catholics, you are surprised that I believe love is an over-rated word???

That doesn't surprise me that you would be surprised.

I don't know the meaning of the word love, but I know that I don't believe in the existence of evil or hell or a devil.

Does that also surprise you???

Let's Play

#557987 Aug 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop pretending that you are a Christian and that you don't take sides of who is and who is not a REAL Christian.
As does Billy Graham, you make a fool of your self.
If Billy believes that non-believers are saved ... that means he IS an Atheist.
And we all KNOW what REAL Christianity teaches happens to Atheists.
You are way off on this June. I will not fight for Billy or his beliefs. He said that stuff not me. Why does it bother you though that I do not want to take sides and just want all of God's children to try to get along and pray and love each other.........There is power in perfect Love, June.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557988 Aug 30, 2014
The end time is closer now
REALLY???

Some men wrote that the end of time was coming and you believe it is TRUE.

That is a myth that is much older than Christianity that in turn was created by other men in other religions, who also wrote of savior sons of gods coming to save THEM.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Zoroastrianism

Zoroastrian eschatology is the oldest in recorded history, with beliefs paralleling and predating the framework of the major Abrahamic faiths.[2][3][4] By the year 500 BC, a fully developed concept of the end of the world was established in Zoroastrianism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_time
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557989 Aug 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pray for an easy life,
Pray for the strength to
endure a difficult one.
Good morning seriously..
Yeah RIGHT. God created a divine plan where all animals have to suffer 24/7 in order to please the god.

Idiocy!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#557990 Aug 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.....The fact is that you would "never" see ANY Catholic seeking out a Protestant forum to rip and attack their bible only Churches, salvation and faith in Jesus Christ...We don't need to!....Why??....Because our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church has been firmly grounded, proven, established and authenticated in Jesus Christ ,biblically and historically for over 2000 years.... The " only reason " that ANY of us Catholics are on this forum is to defend the One TRUE Faith and the One TRUE Universal Catholic Church against false and distorted heresy and lies that Bible only Protestants are (desperately)spreading on this forum.
"never" ?
Then you need to expand yourself to other sites on the internet besides Topix where you will see that not ALL Catholic's are as perfect as the ones on this forum....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557991 Aug 30, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so.....The fact is that you would "never" see ANY Catholic seeking out a Protestant forum to rip and attack their bible only Churches, salvation and faith in Jesus Christ.
What a whopper of a lie that IS hojo!

You know full well that you left the Protestant religion because you believe Catholics will be saved and Protestants won't be saved.

Shame on you for fibbing in such a transparent manner.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#557992 Aug 30, 2014
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

~~~~~~~~~~
Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

( BEING BAPTISM WITH WATER AND BEING BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY GHOST ARE TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS)
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

THE CHURCH THAT WAS BIRTH AT CALVARY'S CROSS ... WAS TO BE EMPOWERED BY THE HOLY GHOST.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

IT WAS NOT THE JUST THE 12 APOSTLES THAT RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST IN THE UPPER ROOM..(MARY the mother of Jesus and her family was among the number
)
Act 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.

THE BROTHERS OF JESUS WERE PRESENT...IN THE UPPER ROOM
.Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us?.

Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said,(the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

THE CHURCH THAT WAS BIRTH AT CALVARY'S CROSS ... WAS TO BE EMPOWERED BY THE HOLY GHOST.

I ASK YOU THAT BELIEVE THAT THE HOLY GHOST WAS ONLY FOR THE EMPOWERMENT OF THE EARLY CHURCH AND IS NO LONGER WITH/FOR US TODAY....

JESUS SAID

Joh_14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, THAT HE MAY ABIDE WITH YOU FOR EVER;

JUST HOW LONG IS FOR EVER?

THE APOSTLE PETER SAID IN

Act_2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557993 Aug 30, 2014
<quoted text>You are way off on this June. I will not fight for Billy or his beliefs. He said that stuff not me. Why does it bother you though that I do not want to take sides and just want all of God's children to try to get along and pray and love each other.........There is power in perfect Love, June.
You gave me the same message as did Billy Graham when you stated that Jesus and God loves Atheists. The only difference is, Billy used the term non-believer.

And what would YOU KNOW about perfect love you arrogant FOOL???

You have overdosed on self-fulfilling prophecies of how wonderful you are in the eyes of Jesus and God.

Good grief.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#557994 Aug 30, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I like the diversity of the churches such as the: Pentecostal Holiness,Assemblies of God,Charismatic denominations and so on. I go to an Assembly of God church,and we have a very broad base of Christians from all races,and ethnicity,all sharing their talents and whatnot.
Our music is very broad and with a richness that comes from every background.
The preaching varies,but is always centered on what Christ has done,and what He does,and what He will do,as HE is Alive and well,and not finished with the human race.
Thanks for your comments!...You have "perfectly and exactly" described the Catholic Church and every other Catholic Church that I have attended--after converting to the one TRUE Christian faith, and to the One TRUE Apostolic Universal Catholic Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF formed, established and initiated in Matthew 16 :13-21 over 2000 years ago .
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557995 Aug 30, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> "never" ?
Then you need to expand yourself to other sites on the internet besides Topix where you will see that not ALL Catholic's are as perfect as the ones on this forum....
All devotees in all religions have the aim to preach that their group is the chosen group.

Otherwise religion would be of no "beneficial' USAGE TO the devotees.

Religion is all based on arrogant claims of knowing universal truth.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#557996 Aug 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah RIGHT. God created a divine plan where all animals have to suffer 24/7 in order to please the god.
Idiocy!
Good morning to you as well June :)
I hope your tea is pleasant.

Let's Play

#557997 Aug 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY???
Some men wrote that the end of time was coming and you believe it is TRUE.
That is a myth that is much older than Christianity that in turn was created by other men in other religions, who also wrote of savior sons of gods coming to save THEM.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Zoroastrianism
Zoroastrian eschatology is the oldest in recorded history, with beliefs paralleling and predating the framework of the major Abrahamic faiths.[2][3][4] By the year 500 BC, a fully developed concept of the end of the world was established in Zoroastrianism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_time
Open your eyes June and look around.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#557998 Aug 30, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.
~~~~~~~~~~
Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
( BEING BAPTISM WITH WATER AND BEING BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY GHOST ARE TWO DIFFERENT EVENTS)
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
IT WAS NOT THE JUST THE 12 APOSTLES THAT RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST IN THE UPPER ROOM..(MARY the mother of Jesus and her family was among the number
)
Act 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
Act 1:13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
THE BROTHERS OF JESUS WERE PRESENT...IN THE UPPER ROOM
.Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us?.
Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said,(the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)
Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
I ASK YOU THAT BELIEVE THAT THE HOLY GHOST WAS ONLY FOR THE EMPOWERMENT OF THE EARLY CHURCH AND IS NO LONGER WITH/FOR US TODAY....
JESUS SAID
Joh_14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, THAT HE MAY ABIDE WITH YOU FOR EVER;
JUST HOW LONG IS FOR EVER?
THE APOSTLE PETER SAID IN
Act_2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
And here is another Protestant bible thumping preacher ... certain that GOD called on him to preach.

He will again instruct you that God and Jesus have no use for Catholics and those that are not in his Protestant CULT.

Yet when I ask him is he believes whether or not King James had the right to tell the Puritans that they could change words in the Bishop's Bible to suit their own agendas ... he won't answer my question.

Know them by their LIES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web