Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667738 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557844 Aug 29, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Naturally I agree,but when we are dealing with men of God who are anointed, and what they say or said brings challenge to the Body of Christ,we all have the right to confront it,and to discuss what was said. I do not believe that there is salvation outside of my Lord,who gave His life as a ransom for many.Jesus is the only One who laid down His life and went to the Cross for all humanity.He is not a religious system,or organization.He is the Son of the Living Father,2nd Person of the Godhead,God Incarnate.There is no salvation in theologies that are formed by human reasoning.
It takes no human reasoning to conjure up what Jesus did,and what the Father accomplished as the only salvation for us all. We Christians have no other ism to follow or be part of,for we know that our passage to eternal life is through the Lord Jesus Christ,a PERSON,not a religion.
I'm sorry I didn't respond to your post to me about the pope's sermon Dan, but I found your criticism to be petty and frankly a bit childish. If we Catholics can endure the countless televangelists and Internet protestant preachers who call themselves "prophets and apostles", I would hope someone as mature in the faith, as I assume you to be, would be able to look beyond a title given the pope by his own congregants.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557845 Aug 29, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
all I am guilty of is showing you who is a Chrisitan on this forum and who is NOT. if you choose to align yourself to doosuses like oxbore, et al. be my guest.
I NEVER MEANT YOU ANY HOSTILITY NOR DID CONFRINTING, A BISHOP IN THE CHURCH OF GOD DENOMINATION
"BISHOP"?

Who in the Church laid hands on him and ordained him?

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557846 Aug 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that what you preach is based on anything but nonsense.
Next you will admit in feigned humility that we are ALL sinners ... and then when I ask if you are an active sinner, why you are preaching at me how to not be a sinner ... you won't answer.
I've asked countless questions of you preachers and you ignore my questions again and again.
And that is because you have everything to HIDE.
I am not a preacher! and ain't hiding anything.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#557847 Aug 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very out of control and react quite angrily whenever I remind you that you have no authority to infallibly interpret scripture and do not speak for God.
If anyone on this board needs to be "confrinted" with scripture, it certainly would be you, and I think your wife ought to be the one to do it.
You certainly have never attempted to confront me with scriptures.....You have only attack me personally and tried to convince me of your man made inventions, and conjured up conjecture.

Question ...
Why do you attempt to persuade men to follow a religion that cannot guarantee eternal life.

you religion is like your game of Bingo...It is a cruel game of Chance...

2Ti_1:12......... I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Your Religion has no such certainty.... and you lie if you say it does....

Let's Play

#557848 Aug 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> And you shine like the sun in my life..
I am very happy to know you and have you in my life.
Thanks.

#557849 Aug 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"BISHOP"?
Who in the Church laid hands on him and ordained him?
Are you referring to one that represents your religious cult (that you call a church)

I would not want one of your sodomize-rs to lay their filthy hands upon me.

I experience that as a child already....from a religious person ...a wolf/predator in sheep's

presenting himself as a sheep. I have had enough of that kind of religion,,,

.Your would have one of your perverts that you refuse defrock

or even admit exist.... filthy partakers of homosexuality smelling of cigars and reeking of wine .

You have some nerve attempting to present a religion that protects perverts in priest garbs.

while claiming to represent God's Holiness....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#557850 Aug 29, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
Sorry, I was replying to Robert.....This topix thing has changed a little and it is making it hard to reply to the right post......Sorry 'bout that.
seriously the original

I had the same problem this morning....

I consider, your posts, quite becoming a person seeking a Christian life. And so I welcome you, in His Name.

Sharing your faith on this forum, will be quite challenging at times, if you extend your time on here.

Each has their own intentions, sometimes hard to ferret out. And it is a challenge at times to do so. Yet I find it a good way to express one's faith.

My one piece of advice is not to believe, or take at face value what everyone writes.

Peace
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557851 Aug 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly have never attempted to confront me with scriptures.....You have only attack me personally and tried to convince me of your man made inventions, and conjured up conjecture.
Question ...
Why do you attempt to persuade men to follow a religion that cannot guarantee eternal life.
you religion is like your game of Bingo...It is a cruel game of Chance...
2Ti_1:12......... I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Your Religion has no such certainty.... and you lie if you say it does....
You're a slippery preacher who's very adept at redirection and smoke screens. The issue is, and will remain, YOUR authority to judge whether Catholic teaching is scriptural and true. In the years you've been here never once have you established your authority. Until you do, you are no more to me (or any other Christian) than a trained monkey who knows how to cut and paste verses on the Internet.

I don't need to confrint you with scripture passages showing you to be an ignorant bigot, who is probably only second to Preston when it comes to hypocrisy, being judgmental and bearing false witness. One would hope that after reading the bible for 60 years you would be able reflect on your own sins and deal with them and try to be more Christ like. It's sad that you may never come to realize this.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#557852 Aug 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be correct
"Might" - I guess this is accurate, because since GiF hasn't explained his remark....I could be wrong. I doubt it.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>... but from what he posts
Oh darn...and I thought we were actually going to agree on something.....darn it all!!
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest he believes he almost has perfect control over his flesh in that he doesn't think evil thoughts as do others such as homosexuals that he refers to as perverts.
He does show this appearance...that would be a simple trait....ego and hate. GiF will probably be outside the gates waiting for someone to show up......and probably a long time.....

:o)
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>As do you, Gif has a high opinion about his spiritual accomplishments.
Okay.....uhm....thanks for the compliment.....but you are right - I do find myself spiritually sound.

...and to be honest with ya....I could care less on what others think about my "spirituality" either........it's not their life.......and they don't have any say in mine.....well except if you are my Mom or wife....then you may get to put in a word or two.

:o)

Albuquerque, NM

#557853 Aug 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Mobsters that are Catholic are guaranteed heaven. That is the purpose of the confessional. Jesus works his magic in Catholic confessionals.
But never mind ... Jesus also works his magic for the Protestant sinners.
Jesus is not at all fussy! All ya have to do is believe in him and your sins become white as the driven snow.
It was written.
Not anymore - they were "excommunicated"....

http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/t...
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/21/world/pope-mafi...
http://time.com/2912251/pope-francis-mafia-ex...

There....I gave three of many links to choose from.

Albuquerque, NM

#557854 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>Don't worry I will not respond to you again unless God wants me too.
"God" doesn't speak to humans, so this would be your choice to respond, not "God's". Please stop fibbing.
<quoted text>But I am gonna spill it out for you. GIF had no right to rebuke me for anything. So Hank believes in Jesus right.....but I get rebuked for stating the truth about someone who said that people that don't even know Jesus or believe in him will be saved.....because they believe in something, right.......
So is this your "God" speaking to you, to post on the internet?

You sound confused on what "God" can and cannot do.
<quoted text>I stood up to you didn't I. I don't believe in calling others names, or telling people that they are not Christian. Now that is against all scripture. There is no love of God in someone like that. Jesus didn't go around telling people they were worthless either.
Darn it...."God" must be angry with how you are handling this. You do sound frustrated. Bummer.

Tell "God" I've been waiting for him to answer my call.....okay?
<quoted text>You better read your Bible and pray for Charity. Neither God, Jesus, nor the Holy Ghost will dwell with a bitter and angry person.
How is it that you know exactly what "God" will do???? This is so amazing, but yet you keep it to yourself. Is that a choice you made or was it one that "God" told you to make?

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."

If one were to apply this to you.....YOU do not know the kingdom of "God".

*sighs*

Location hidden

#557855 Aug 29, 2014
THE HOLY GHOST WAS PREVALENT IN THE EARLY CHURCH AND HE SHOULD BE THE SAME TODAY..
AT THE OUT POURING OF THE HOLY GHOST ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST...
THE APOSTLE PETER QUOTED JOEL 2:28
HE SAID..
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass IN THE LAST DAYS, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
ANY ONE THAT READS THE ABOVE SHOULD HAVE UNDERSTAND ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THE
LAST DAYS
ARE STILL.... ON GOING....IN PROGRESS.....CONTINUING....
THEY WILL CONTINUE TILL THE FULFILLMENT AND CULMINATION OF ALL THINGS.
THUS Those that deny the POWER OF HOLY GHOST IN ACTION (as it was given in the second chapter of acts)
IS THE SAME TODAY AS IT WAS THEN....IN THE UPPER ROOM ON THE STREETS OF JERSALEM AND THE EARLY CHURCHES
.ARE VOID OF UNDERSTANDING....AND BORDER ON BLASPHEMY
confronting with the word

Peace

What the Bible says is true. But you hold to an additional belief that when one is Baptized in the Holy Spirit, one must speak in tongues,(perhaps as a sign?).

Trying to tie in speaking in tongues with prophesying,(having dreams, and visions), as a MUST, is apart from the Scriptures, and therefore a manmade doctrine. And one used, and abused by its followers.

(I know of a Pentecostal believer, that "practices" everyday, for 10 minutes, the babble, so that his tongue will not become "stiff". This is clearly not a religion based in God's Word, if such be its followers. As much as you complain of the RCS in practicing manmade doctrines.

(I expect no reply, as usual.)

Peace

Albuquerque, NM

#557856 Aug 29, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember submit yourself to Christ, and not to men's doctrines. But it is good to read about men's doctrines to know the error that creeps into a close relationship with God.
...and yet....Christianity resides in doctrines by men.

Odd.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557857 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Are you referring to one that represents your religious cult (that you call a church)
I experience that as a child already....from a religious person ...a wolf/predator in sheep's
or even admit exist.... filthy partakers of homosexuality smelling of cigars and reeking of wine .
You have some nerve attempting to present a religion that protects perverts in priest garbs.
The pope ordains bishops. Are you calling the pope these things? Keep reading your bible confrint, maybe you'll find the passage about bearing false witness, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things......

Let's Play

#557858 Aug 29, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously the original
I had the same problem this morning....
I consider, your posts, quite becoming a person seeking a Christian life. And so I welcome you, in His Name.
Sharing your faith on this forum, will be quite challenging at times, if you extend your time on here.
Each has their own intentions, sometimes hard to ferret out. And it is a challenge at times to do so. Yet I find it a good way to express one's faith.
My one piece of advice is not to believe, or take at face value what everyone writes.
Peace
Hi Robert, and yes, I am just trying to learn and grow in the grace of our Lord and savior. I want to do the best that I can to be Christlike. I don't want to argue with others because I want to be more like Jesus.

You know how it feels when you first repent and get saved. You love everyone and are filled with that love and want everyone to feel the love, peace, and joy that you fill. Well I think, sometimes if people are not careful they will let that begin to fade out. I call it, losing your first love or getting cold. I don't think we are supposed to loose that feeling but pray for an increase in it. Apparently some don't see it that way and in my opinion they are too prideful to admit it and repent.

Anyhow, thanks and pray for me that I may abound in the Word of God and his knowledge.

#557859 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
You need not broach the subject of any priest laying hands on me....

that brings out memories that I would like to forget...

A lot of Catholic priest across the world.....have laid hands upon children

but

one can hardly call it ordaining them...

Some of them evidently don't know the difference...and the church (so called )could care less...

Mat_15:14 ....: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Location hidden

#557860 Aug 29, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Naturally I agree,but when we are dealing with men of God who are anointed, and what they say or said brings challenge to the Body of Christ,we all have the right to confront it,and to discuss what was said. I do not believe that there is salvation outside of my Lord,who gave His life as a ransom for many.Jesus is the only One who laid down His life and went to the Cross for all humanity.He is not a religious system,or organization.He is the Son of the Living Father,2nd Person of the Godhead,God Incarnate.There is no salvation in theologies that are formed by human reasoning.
It takes no human reasoning to conjure up what Jesus did,and what the Father accomplished as the only salvation for us all. We Christians have no other ism to follow or be part of,for we know that our passage to eternal life is through the Lord Jesus Christ,a PERSON,not a religion.
Pad

Peace

Quite true. And yet some believe that one must go through priest, pastor, bishops, and teachers. But there is only one Person, King, Priest, Creator, and Sacrifice, through Whom one must believe and follow, Jesus Christ.

Those here to profess their own way of service to God as the way to approach God, are merely reflecting back the title of this thread. And that is why there are so many posts. For some on here believe more in their own belief, than in Christ.

Peace
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557861 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~~
You need not broach the subject of any priest laying hands on me....
that brings out memories that I would like to forget...
A lot of Catholic priest across the world.....have laid hands upon children
but
one can hardly call it ordaining them...
Some of them evidently don't know the difference...and the church (so called )could care less...
Mat_15:14 ....: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Nice. Just more evidence that you are a sick and twisted Christian wannabe, have no authority and do not speak for God. You should be ashamed of yourself, knowing that there are offenders in your sect as well, even more according to statistics.

#557862 Aug 29, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope ordains bishops. Are you calling the pope these things? Keep reading your bible confrint, maybe you'll find the passage about bearing false witness, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things......
I don't know the lifstyle of you Pope..(and neither do you) how can a person with a proxy relationship with God have an intimate knowledge about any thing else.

You only Know Jesus through Mary,......otherwise you have never met Him personally.

You have established your faith in something that has no Christian nor scriptural foundation...

I know Jesus as my personal savior...DO YOU?

I HAVE BEEN BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT ...HAVE YOU BEEN?

I AM A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS ARE YOU...?

I AM A SON OF GOD ...ARE YOU..?

MY HEART HAS BEEN CIRCUMCISED AND THE SIN HAS BEEN CUT AWAY ...HAVE YOU HAD SUCH AN EXPERIENCE?

I KNOW THAT I WILL GO TO HEAVEN WHEN i DIE ...DO YOU KNOW YOU WILL?

I AM FULLY PERSUADED THAT WHAT GOD HAS PROMISED TO ME...HE IS ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH ..

.DO YOU BELIEVE GODS PROMISES? I DO

I ENJOY HEALTH AND PROSPERITY IN JESUS CHRIST ..DO YOU?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#557863 Aug 29, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't know the lifstyle of you Pope..(and neither do you) how can a person with a proxy relationship with God have an intimate knowledge about any thing else.
You only Know Jesus through Mary,......otherwise you have never met Him personally.
You have established your faith in something that has no Christian nor scriptural foundation...
I know Jesus as my personal savior...DO YOU?
I HAVE BEEN BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT ...HAVE YOU BEEN?
I AM A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS ARE YOU...?
I AM A SON OF GOD ...ARE YOU..?
MY HEART HAS BEEN CIRCUMCISED AND THE SIN HAS BEEN CUT AWAY ...HAVE YOU HAD SUCH AN EXPERIENCE?
I KNOW THAT I WILL GO TO HEAVEN WHEN i DIE ...DO YOU KNOW YOU WILL?
I AM FULLY PERSUADED THAT WHAT GOD HAS PROMISED TO ME...HE IS ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH ..
.DO YOU BELIEVE GODS PROMISES? I DO
I ENJOY HEALTH AND PROSPERITY IN JESUS CHRIST ..DO YOU?
If you knew anything about the Catholic faith you would not ask these questions. As it stands, you will be held to account god you slander and false witness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 1 hr Pardon Me 284
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web