Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670444 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#557616 Aug 28, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>God loves Billy and Muslims....He gives everyone a chance to be saved. It is up to us what we do with it!
Self.

Why don't you believe Jesus when he speaks of this entity?

Why would anyone refuse to acknowledge these teachings by Jesus?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#557617 Aug 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ve been to many funerals where the preachers did not mention the word heaven or hell … especially where suicide was involved, or someone died that they were sure was a heretic.
Preachers that know how to pad their nests with good fortune in the collection basket … bett
er know which words to delete from their sermons.
.....and Hell is never used.

Albuquerque, NM

#557618 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text>We should read the Bible and do as it says......
I gave an example of something in the Bible that I know you probably don't abide too.....so I'll ask you directly, just in case you do....

Do you agree with, in that, if a man rapes your daughter and then gives you money for her hand in marriage - that you would accept this exchange?

If not - then please admit that you don't believe everything in the Bible is true.

How honest can you be?

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557619 Aug 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
as I said, you are a newbie on this Forum, and it is Oxbore who is arguing with everyone and acting like a doofus. you would do well to remember that and not continue to act like oxbore is doing.
the word Shabat is Hebrew for our word Sabbath.
I don't know if you read any of my posts after that one but I did state I didn't want to argue with anyone anymore.

Can I ask you a question? What denomination of Church do you belong to? You have probably already stated it on here before, but like you said I am new to this thread.

Albuquerque, NM

#557620 Aug 28, 2014
Galatians 1
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
Quoted from the Word of God......The Holy Bible!!!!!
Do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus, considering you will quote "Paul" more often than you have Jesus?

Please post a similar passage that has Jesus teaching about this same topic.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557621 Aug 28, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the Holy Scriptures
The part about "others" spending eternity in hell is not holy to you ... but it IS essential to your superior attitude that YOU are worthy of salvation while others are NOT!

Prince George, Canada

#557622 Aug 28, 2014
Devotees in religion believe that the god is fair to allow hell to exist for rejects.

I believe that if evil exists, and a god exists, only an evil god would allow a hell TO exist.

Albuquerque, NM

#557623 Aug 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
My judgment is against a faulty religious system....I attempt to confront it (THE SYSTEM) with Scripture from the Bible
I do not judge the individuals in that system....
In turn they attack me personally....
But when they stand in judgment...(WHICH IS NOT MINE TO MAKE)
.THEY CANNOT SAY ...I HAVEN'T HEARD..OR I DID NOT KNOW...THE TRUTH....
THEY SAY I HATE THEM....
but
If i hated them i would not bother to take the time to expose them to the truth of God's word...
nor would I have to absorb their nasty remarks...
I am whom God says I am...Called as a Child and sent 63 years ago.
my Charge is..
2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
FYI - you haven't exposed anyone to the "word of God" - all those texts you use were written and selected by men for you to use.

Please don't mislead others with false information.

Prince George, Canada

#557624 Aug 28, 2014
Why would a god punish non-human animals with such horrific suffering, when the god could have made a perfect plan, but chose to NOT make a perfect plan.

Religion is total BUNK!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#557625 Aug 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes....our old friend PERCEPTION.....something we all have.....probably connected to free will in some 'subsist' way (that would be if Plato were here to comment on this discussion).
- That would be cool, huh?
:o)
Although you post as if you think y our perception is accurate - you've actuallyjust proven that "God" has no control over the actions of humans, thus a choice is now required for one to either believe or not.
You chose to believe - that would be Self, perception, and choice all rolled up into one nice little package.....yet you still refute that it occurred or more precisely - that it is wrong to do these things.
Sounds like you have been listening to men for way too long.....as you are starting to sopund like the Pharisees and other antagonists int he Bible.....ignorant of the "subsist" that make up forms.
Maybe a suggestion to read some of Plato's work will help you better understand the physical and the spiritual, the mundane and the estoterical, etc.
NASL

Peace

It has been awhile since I read Plato, but of course his views interacted with Christianity.

If I have proved to you that God does not control humanity, then there must be free-will, or then perhaps you postulate that some Supreme Self-Consciousness is at work through individuals or humanity as a whole?

I prefer to keep it simple, that there is a God, that God gave me free-will, and God interacts with His Creation. My choice for I have perceived through personal experiences all three of these.

Peace

Let's Play

#557626 Aug 28, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
PAD,
As Christians, one of our responsibilities is to KNOW what sound doctrine is.....
Since what takes up residence in our minds is of great consequence with regard to our salvation, we must constantly be on guard.
Amen...The Bible says to put on the whole armor to stand.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Oh, I think Truth is a very good name for you. Because from what I have heard you say on your posts is truth and backed with the word of God.

Albuquerque, NM

#557627 Aug 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:

At 80 years of age ....the warfare is still there and active between my spirit and my flesh.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to be very fond of my flesh. But then I never believed that I had a spirit that was at war with my flesh.
Humans create their own "warfare" within their minds - to make themselves believe in the odd ways we do.

GiF's metaphor is unrealistic in truth....but esoteric (mind/consciousness/Self) in nature.

If you look at his analogy from a perspective of he being 80 years old - his body is old....and decrepit....so he probably is "fighting" [warfare] to maintain his health. Many older/senior folks say this...."My mind is sharp - but my body just can't keep up."

This in a metaphoric way - is exactly like GiF sought to clarify.

But June - since you are more aligned to seek out argumentative exchanges, I can understand how you totally missed what he was saying.

Carry on.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#557628 Aug 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ve been to many funerals where the preachers did not mention the word heaven or hell … especially where suicide was involved, or someone died that they were sure was a heretic.
Preachers that know how to pad their nests with good fortune in the collection basket … better know which words to delete from their sermons.
........Last year in our city a high profile Italian mobster died. Throughout the years according to our media he raised havoc with his mob connections in drugs, prostitution, strong arm tactics, extortion and whacking people. His funeral was held at our catholic cathedral with all the trimmings including choir, honor guard white casket with 20 white limousines.

...,The next day our media showed 3 priests who were involved with the church service greeting mourners.

.......Doesn't matter right from wrong with religion........money always talks.

Location hidden

#557629 Aug 28, 2014
<quoted text> I don't know if you read any of my posts after that one but I did state I didn't want to argue with anyone anymore.
Can I ask you a question? What denomination of Church do you belong to? You have probably already stated it on here before, but like you said I am new to this thread.
Wesleyan.

you ,myself and GiF/wife are the only people on here who believe in the Baptism of the Holy Ghost as a definite work of Grace apart from Salvation

Let's Play

#557630 Aug 28, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus, considering you will quote "Paul" more often than you have Jesus?
Please post a similar passage that has Jesus teaching about this same topic.
Mark 16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The Gospel is every thing that Jesus had taught them throughout his days on earth.

Paul said cursed and Jesus said damned it think that is the same meaning.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#557631 Aug 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Preachers don't approve of those who leave their religious cults to join up with those in other religious cults. They refer to these pundits as "back-sliders" in the attitude that they have slid from knowing universal truth to join up with those who have no way of knowing universal truth.
So?
Big deal.
Politicians don't approve of those who leave their ranks either and attack those who do in like manner.
They are all human.

Are you just pissed that you are not perfect and that ain't fair June?
Are you pissed off because you will die and that ain't fair either?

What the is your problem June?

WHAT the hell do you want from people?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#557632 Aug 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wesleyan.
you ,myself and GiF/wife are the only people on here who believe in the Baptism of the Holy Ghost as a definite work of Grace apart from Salvation
Preston

Peace

To me, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit can be a definite work of Grace apart from Salvation, but not necessarily so.

(I know you don't care.)

Peace

Let's Play

#557633 Aug 28, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wesleyan.
I don't know anything about Wesleyan Denomination. Like I stated before I am from a very small town and there are only a few different denominations here. But I do like to fellowship with them. Anyhow, have a good day.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#557634 Aug 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Preachers that know how to pad their nests with good fortune in the collection basket … better know which words to delete from their sermons.
And just how does that make them any different than a politician, a teacher, an insurance salesman, an actor, a talk show host, or ANY other human endeavor where one's livlihood is at stake?

WHAT the hell do you want from people June?

Albuquerque, NM

#557635 Aug 28, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>God is Omnipresent,so He has no problem with what you can't understand,
Citation please.

How do you know what "God" can or cannot do?

Please be specific in you response, especially how you obtained this ability.
Pad wrote:
<quoted text> It is ridiculous to think that God who is all Knowing,and Omnipresent to not know whose hearts belong to Him and who does not.

See above......
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>But the most important thing you miss,is that God Loves! And His love seeks out kindred spirits in human beings who need and want His love.
See above......
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>God looks upon the heart.
See above......

Pad, this is where it starts to get even better......hang on to your chair!!
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>It boils down to choice it seems in everything we do as human beings.
TA-DA!! YOU DID IT!! YYYEEEAAAHHH!!

You just stepped into the realm of Self - where no religion is required.

You said it hear - clear as day.....but yet you still refuse to acknowledge this is what Jesus spoke on, taught on, and when to his death speaking about.

Why?
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Today we wake up and make a choice as to how we will act,our attitude whether positive or negative,and it affects all those around us,especially we ourselves.
Attitudes and the words we say,all make a big difference as to how we approach things,so it is with eternal decisions. If you choose to not follow Christ,that is your choice,but you may not be happy with the results of your choice when faced with death (timely or untimely)!God will always have the advantage over you June,because you refute HIM,and He already knows all about you,to the very hairs on your head or lack thereof!
okay - okay - we got it.....you get to make choices with every aspect of your likfe. I've been saying this for years, and many of you so-called "Christians" have rejected, rebuked, refuted it every step of the way. Even so much as to now the Atheists think the same.

Sheez.....what makes what you say - any different than what I've said for years?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Wed WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web