Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 659018 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Balcatta, Australia

#557572 Aug 28, 2014
who open door..why door become open by-themselves
white altar
after white altar in white dress as priest have
who do that
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#557573 Aug 28, 2014

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557574 Aug 28, 2014
On varying occasions in my life, my flesh was also allowed to go wild.

But I can brag with all honesty that I never used religion to harm another human by suggesting they deserve to be punished in a hereafter. And for that particular issue, I suggest that I have a right to be proud.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#557575 Aug 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that is lying.
From the mouth of Billy came his own words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hrf60-zHl9AXX
I know June you are quick to jump on the band wagon with CRITICS,who often should be criticized themselves for their own lack of understanding. I watched a few of the videos that are connected with the one on Billy Graham. Billy Graham has never preached any sort of watered down gospel,and his own testimony of faith has been rich,along with his sons and so on.His daughter as well has kept to the MAIN-Line as it were.

His point of people coming to Jesus or seeking after Him and (not knowing Him as the Christians claim they know Him) is taken from several Scriptures: One is that"Sheep that are not of this flock....." and or "of this fold","The Spirit of Christ". The first not of this fold or flock refers to those who although not of the same flock as the Christian,but are seekers and are being drawn by the Spirit of Christ. Even though the gospel is being preached,and there are many who come to faith in Jesus,throughout the world there are many human beings who because of the restrictions of their societies NEVER heard the gospel,nor have access to it.

The Spirit of Christ continues to DRAW all men unto the Father,and that is without restriction,as the Lord travailed over the souls of MEN,WOMEN and Children and was satisfied.That is basically taken from Isaiah 53. There are Jews,Muslims,Buddhists,and constituents of many religious backgrounds who are seekers and want truth.Their religion and society they live in restrict them to that which they were born into.But Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit draws them to the true knowledge of the Father. People forget especially in the Christian world that CHRIST foremost pointed people to the FATHER.

The attributes,holiness,and COMFORT of the Father is through His Son,but all human kind is in need of the grace,and Joy,that comes from the Father,since He in fact is the Creator.So in a world that basically denies the Person of God,there has to be a witness from the Father through His only Son to a human heart that is seeking. That is why when the gospel is preached,many in all nations are open to the Lord,and of course there are many who will not receive or believe.

Your trying to say through that video that Billy Graham is a fraud,and whatnot,is really not true.Joel Osteen and other big preachers are actually not frauds,but are criticized by many Christian circles,it is understandable,but it is also a bit of selfish pride that many preachers view these men who are big in the whole picture of preaching the gospel. I do not agree with the methods always used to evangelize,but I have learned to listen intently to the message,and to see the results of that message.Many people are changed,and that is the most important result,the changed life from a selfish one to that of becoming a child of God,and seeking HIM,rather than a life without Him.

Many criticize all the big name preachers,and some of their remarks can be true as to how they view the people who are so popular with so many huge crowds that attend these churches.

Billy Graham is not saying that if a person is Buddhist,or whatever they are saved because of what they believe as a Buddhist,but because of what they have in their heart that draws them to God almighty.The Spirit of Christ draws men to the Father,and He is not limited by religious or political frameworks. There are many of Good Will in all facets of life who seek to do good,and to live just lives. But we Christians KNOW,that the works or deeds of a person does not save them,because than Christ's sacrifice on the Cross means nothing.Grace can only be applied by Christ.

No matter what we are not to judge or condemn a soul to hell,it is not our place!

Prince George, Canada

#557576 Aug 28, 2014
The word theology means to "study" religion. It does not mean to claim to KNOW universal truth.

To study is to be humble.

To claim to know is to be arrogant.
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#557577 Aug 28, 2014
did my spirit batteling with flash
noooooooooooo
who told you that
i see so comfortable myself oh so fun funny
when huge doors become open..opssssssssssss imposible yep its so quick who grab me my god..
i remember i look on myself i watching toward altar
i stay as corect on right side
no makac on other side
then i don't see anyone there noo
then
opssssss its pool me
where
after altar
i see myself in white pure dress as priest
no no no any symbol just white dress as priest have or helper of priest have
so clean and pure oh so happy face

how i come back
i don't know but in morning
my morning is been as every morning
nice cup of coffee and toast
oh its so nice know holy spirit working
god can hear prayers
my prayers is been so simple from heart
not for money or fun funny
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#557578 Aug 28, 2014
have Mercy on me dear God
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#557579 Aug 28, 2014
krvi krvi Kristova
na oltaru svetom posvecena
svetim Duhom obdarena

Prince George, Canada

#557580 Aug 28, 2014
I admitted to my self long ago that I had no way of knowing if universal truth as an absolute even exists.

And that admittance on my part to my self is the reason I don't believe that any of you know the end result of experience that has not as yet unfolded.

If you come to realize that your place is in each moment as it unfolds, you will stop shouting religious nonsense at each other about what you are certain will occur in the supposed future.

Religion is a trouble-making waste of time.

I suggest that there is nothing so enlightening as saying "I don't know."

Prince George, Canada

#557581 Aug 28, 2014
Pad wrote:
<. Billy Graham has never preached any sort of watered down gospel,
You are lying not only to your self ... but worse ... to others.

For decades Billy Graham preached that only Christians could be saved. Now he claimed that Muslims AND non-believers can be saved.

Don't forget that for decades he taught that non-believers were destined to eternal fiery Christian hell.
truth

Balcatta, Australia

#557582 Aug 28, 2014
pray against corrupt diploma
accusers
Pad

Rockford, IL

#557583 Aug 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Pope: division is among greatest sins of Christian communities
Vatican City, Aug 27, 2014 / 05:04 am (CNA/EWTN News).- During his weekly general audience Pope Francis spoke on the unity and holiness of the Church, stating that despite the fact we are sinners, we are called to live as a community centered on Christ.
“In a Christian community division is one of the most serious sins, because it does not allow God to act,” the Pope said in his Aug. 27 general audience address.“What God wants is that we be welcoming, that we forgive and love each other so as to become more and more like Him, who is communion and love.”
Addressing the thousands of pilgrims gathered in St. Peter’s Square, the Roman Pontiff explained that as Catholics “we affirm in the Creed that the Church is one and that she is holy.”
“One because she has her origin in the Triune God, mystery of unity and full communion. Holy since she is founded by Jesus Christ, enlivened by his Holy Spirit, and filled with his love and salvation.”
We continue to refer to the Church as “one” and “holy” despite the fact that “we know by experience that it is also composed of sinners and that there is no shortage of divisions,” he said, recalling how the night before he was arrested Jesus “asked for the unity of his disciples:‘that all be one.’”
“We trust in his desire that unity will be one of the characteristic features of our community,” the Pope continued, noting that “While we, the members of the Church, are sinners, the unity and holiness of the Church arise from God and call us daily to conversion.”
Observing how “We have an intercessor in Jesus, who prays…for our unity with him and the Father, and with each other,” the Bishop of Rome drew attention to the sins that often cause division.
“Sins against unity are not only schisms,” he said,“but also the most common weeds of our communities: envies, jealousies, antipathies...talking bad about others. This is human, but it is not Christian.”
These sins “which occur even in our parish communities,” Pope Francis continued,“come about when we place ourselves at the center.”
“God’s will, however, is that we grow in our capacity to welcome one another, to forgive and to love, and to resemble Jesus.”
Explaining how “It's the devil who separates, destroys relationships, sows prejudices,” the Pope affirmed that “the holiness of the Church” is “to recognize the image of God in one another.”
“The holiness of the Church consists of this: reproducing the image of God, rich in mercy and grace.”
Concluding his address, the Roman Pontiff prayed that all might “examine our consciences and ask forgiveness for the times when we have given rise to division or misunderstanding in our communities, and may our relationships mirror more beautifully and joyfully the unity of Jesus and the Father.”
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-d...
Anthony I would have to agree with most of what is stated here,as what Pope Francis spoke about concerning Christian community and divisions.

However the very title of what he is called in this you shared is what also divides the Christian communities for centuries. "The Roman Pontiff" Such a title is an affront to the Stranger of Galilee, the Lord Jesus,who lived the most humble of lives,and sought only men of like ways to follow Him. Jesus did not call on the might of Rome to represent His Kingly Mission on this earth,but called pastors of His own heart that would preach truth and life to all who were going to hear the Gospel of Christ.

Not saying that the person of Francis himself is not a unique man,always seeking to identify with humble peoples,but that the title is rooted from the Pagan Roman dynasties of which no shepherd of Christ should be aligned with.

Prince George, Canada

#557584 Aug 28, 2014
Now THERE is an oxymoronic term ... "Christian HELL."

Jesus came to preach LOVE. But those who refuse his LOVE will be rejected to Christian HELL.

Insane idiocy!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#557585 Aug 28, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Ladies and gentlemen of this forum...I rest my case...Thank you
You responded well to a very interesting use of words by Dust Storm.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#557586 Aug 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
My judgment is against a faulty religious system....I attempt to confront it (THE SYSTEM) with Scripture from the Bible
I do not judge the individuals in that system....
In turn they attack me personally....
But when they stand in judgment...(WHICH IS NOT MINE TO MAKE)
.THEY CANNOT SAY ...I HAVEN'T HEARD..OR I DID NOT KNOW...THE TRUTH....
THEY SAY I HATE THEM....
but
If i hated them i would not bother to take the time to expose them to the truth of God's word...
nor would I have to absorb their nasty remarks...
I am whom God says I am...Called as a Child and sent 63 years ago.
my Charge is..
2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
......why do you even respond to them? You should know by now they purposely bait you and then attack you and your lovely wife. If you continue to respond to them also in anger than I don't feel sorry for you.

......this catholic/protestant battle will never end until people learn that fighting over religion is a waste of precious time.

.....start enjoying your life and ignore these idiots who only want to provoke.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#557587 Aug 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
My judgment is against a faulty religious system....I attempt to confront it (THE SYSTEM) with Scripture from the Bible
I do not judge the individuals in that system....
In turn they attack me personally....
But when they stand in judgment...(WHICH IS NOT MINE TO MAKE)
.THEY CANNOT SAY ...I HAVEN'T HEARD..OR I DID NOT KNOW...THE TRUTH....
THEY SAY I HATE THEM....
Like most pastors you have a 'well intentioned' human spirit driving ya. Not the Holy Spirit. You simply are too willing to incorporate lies into your ministry. I have never seen anyone misrepresent the Catholic faith like you. Even AFTER people corrected you from our catechism. It makes no sense..
2tim 4:4 could only be talking about Protestantism. "Roman Catholicism" or any Catholicism can be traced to Pauls second letter to Timothy. The new doctrines sprouted by future Luthers' and Calvins and Prestons can not be traced to the time Paul wrote. I think your a decent man underneath your tirades, who grew up in a time period where the Bible and private interpretations of it were indoctrinated. Nobody told you where it came from other than "God wrote it". You'd never heard the Catholic faith until a few yrs ago, right?

Prince George, Canada

#557588 Aug 28, 2014
Well, surely Christians won't blame this behavior on a Christian devil leading these people astray. So, whose devil WILL they blame???

THAT is the question.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

A seven-year-old Indian girl who was allegedly buried alive by relatives in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh has been rescued by a villager.

Police say relatives first tried to strangle her and then left her to die in a shallow grave. It is unclear why.

The man who found her in Sitapur district alerted police - she was taken to a hospital and is said to be doing well.

Police are looking for her mother, uncle and aunt who they say have fled.

The villager who rescued her followed the sound of muffled cries to the middle of a cane field where he found the soil moving.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-2894... allege the girl's uncle and aunt had promised to take her to a fair, but then strangled and buried her near the village of Semri Gaura where she lives.

"When the girl became conscious, she began to remove the soil on top of her and clambered out of the shallow grave. Then she sat there and cried loudly when the villager spotted her," Sitapur police chief Rajesh Krishna told BBC Hindi.

"There are strangulation marks around the girl's neck."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-2894...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#557589 Aug 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at who is calling the "kettle black"....Try cleaning up your own " polluted pot of Protestant of over 42,000 contradicting propaganda denominations which has been (proven) to have " more sexual abuse" than the Catholic Church....At least Jusus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church has been "dealing with the abuse" and punishing those involved, while you bible only's keep "denying, covering up and making excuses" for the sin and corruption that has and is infected your "sin free -goody two shoes" ministers...... People like you Confrinting are nothing but a bunch of indemnity and judgmental bible preaching "hypocrites".....I have dealt with Protestant ministers like you for over 35 years
as a bible only Protestant before coming to the REAL TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one)?True Apostolic Catholic Church
...Just a few years back pope Benedict (emeritus) stated that consciencious agnostics are closer to the kingdom of God than are social catholics. Are you a social catholic Hojo?

....would you like me to post what the good pope stated?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#557590 Aug 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahahaha
Now "from my perception" THAT is funny.
And if you notice, I didn't say ... from my "humble" perception ...'cause that also would be a lie.
<chuckle>
Fair enough.

Ya wanna hear something even funnier?

It is a valid question. I expect his perception will alert to what I really mean by that question. You obviously do not. Your perception is that it was a joke and was meant to be funny.
Nope.

I did enjoy your perception of it though. It was funny, but my intent was otherwise.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#557591 Aug 28, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Atheists killed those in religion, and those in religion killed Atheists.
Were the ones in religion that killed Atheists HOLY ... and the Atheists that killed those in religion ... EVIL???
I suggest there is no such thing as killing by a HOLY will.
We have all wondered about that June. NO,Never is it from a Holy Will to butcher and destroy life in this present age for the cause of any religion. You see it is important to see the reason for the Old Covenant and the New Covenant which is in Christ. Christians have no right in face of the Holy Gospel of Christ to destroy anyone because of their beliefs or lack of beliefs. The Witch trials in Boston,and Inquisitions,and so on were never sanctioned by Christ who died on the Cross for all humanity,to cover every sin. The evil hearts of men to kill each other for any cause is never to be rewarded by the Grace of God.

You may find some in Christianity today who might endorse the killing of those who do not agree with them,but they are radicals who do not read the Word with a contrite heart,and a spirit of true humility toward their Savior.

Your attempt to vilify the true Christian message is mute here,because I doubt that anyone here would ever agree that atheists should be murdered because they refuse to accept Christ.Christ died for them nevertheless,and we are instructed to love all souls,and not to take it upon ourselves to judge people to the point of killing them for God's sake. No June we are not ISIS,nor do we ever intend to be like that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr I recently left 10,248
News Pope to visit Georgia, Azerbaijan Thu Stephany McDowell 1
News Parishioners attend a mass at Catedral de Nuest... Thu Proposer Words Po... 16
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
More from around the web