Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654018 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#557466 Aug 27, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
i AM WHOM GOD SAYS I AM
AND
YOU CONFIRM MY STANDING BEFORE GOD...
THE BIBLE says
Luk_6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
No you are not...otherwise you would not trash His Word...

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#557467 Aug 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me...you had me fooled....I thought I was talking with a Christian...
Oxbow

Peace

Believe and think as you wish, just as I know my salvation comes from God alone, it is not your beliefs that come between myself and my Savior Jesus Christ.

My beliefs and thinking are not my strongpoint, in fact they quite weaken me at times. So I do not hold this against you.

It is often a curiosity that leads me to conclusions which may be counter to many persons beliefs....

Peace

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557468 Aug 27, 2014
The Abrahamic style of religion is all about believing that the self deserves nothing BUT the best, and others that belong to other religions deserve complete rejection.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#557469 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>
You have done me no wrong....As I said I tested your test-i-money.......Others come and go on this forum and I wanted to see if your love was discriminatory or if you were for real.
I read some of your post until you made your statement about Rev Billy Graham...I just wondered if you were capable of being his judge.
While I am not Baptist ....and might not agree with all he believes....I do not count him to be
a false prophet...NO DO I SAY HE IS PERFECT.... BUT... I have observed Him for many years,(since the beginning of his Ministry) have seen the fruits of his labor.....His salvation message , and there are few Evangelistic ministries ,that can match the integrity of his evangelistic organization
FROM MY OBSERVATION he never preached HIS denomination HE PREACHED JESUS CHRIST......AND HIM CRUCIFIED...
UNTIL I HAVE WON AS MANY SOULS AS HE HAS...I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY AGAINST HIM
confronting with the word

Peace

My sentiments exactly. I recall even his tent meetings. And if his relationship with God developed over the years, who am I to say that it was not God that led him to places and people that are not better off....

Peace
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#557470 Aug 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you. In spite of her years of gossip and false witness, perhaps as a result of recent health issues causing her to face her mortality, I still sense in her a good heart that suffers from the conflict of having an overbearing, demanding and obnoxious jerk of a husband and her desire to be Christlike and accept us as Catholic Christians without condemning us to everlasting hell. Maybe I just feel sorry for her and it's wishful thinking, but there's something more there than just the hate and ignorance her husband vomits here on a regular basis.
Well perhaps you do feel sorry for her, and want to believe it, but the evidence suggests otherwise. There are some in here who think that someone who is sick gives them a free license to do whatever they wish. Yesterday was the anniversary of My Mothers death and many Protestants came to her funeral.Her dying wish was that her funeral be so beautiful that it move someone to come to Christ. Afterward a guy came up to me with tears and told me how moved he was by the Eulogy in which that call was spoken and said I need to start going to church again. I didnt see any Protestants condmening her to hell and that she never had a chance. The comments were that she truly was full of Grace. When she was in her final days a Protestant minister said to her you are taking this gracefully. Her response was not mine, the Grace of God. If Kay does not believe in what her husband says and does not wish to confrint him then there is also no need to be on this forum for others. Yes I do hope she repents for the things she has done here, but one cannot repent if they don't acknowledge they did anything wrong while still preaching at others here, I maintain that nobody has to be here and I do not deem it acceptable to look the other way while preaching at others. Its hyprocrisy pure and simple. Words without actions are meaningless.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557471 Aug 27, 2014
<quoted text>
YOU JUDGE A MAN BY IDLE GOSSIP ....WHICH YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT HE SAID WHAT HE IS ACCUSED OF SAYING.
PLEASE PRODUCE YOU WITNESSES OF HOLD YOU PEACE..
THE BIBLE SAYS
19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
He said that it himself on television. So I will let him witness to you.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#557472 Aug 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't have any little animals living off my body."
I push in my whole stack sir and wager that you are incorrect.
I would also wager on the side bet that not only are they living there, but they are thriving and there is a multitude of them.
Wanna bet?
They belong to the group known as acarina. They live on your body. You probably can not see them, but I also wager that you perceive them from time to

time.
.....save your money. I was just funnin' with June.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#557473 Aug 27, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Well perhaps you do feel sorry for her, and want to believe it, but the evidence suggests otherwise. There are some in here who think that someone who is sick gives them a free license to do whatever they wish. Yesterday was the anniversary of My Mothers death and many Protestants came to her funeral.Her dying wish was that her funeral be so beautiful that it move someone to come to Christ. Afterward a guy came up to me with tears and told me how moved he was by the Eulogy in which that call was spoken and said I need to start going to church again. I didnt see any Protestants condmening her to hell and that she never had a chance. The comments were that she truly was full of Grace. When she was in her final days a Protestant minister said to her you are taking this gracefully. Her response was not mine, the Grace of God. If Kay does not believe in what her husband says and does not wish to confrint him then there is also no need to be on this forum for others. Yes I do hope she repents for the things she has done here, but one cannot repent if they don't acknowledge they did anything wrong while still preaching at others here, I maintain that nobody has to be here and I do not deem it acceptable to look the other way while preaching at others. Its hyprocrisy pure and simple. Words without actions are meaningless.
I'm there with you, I know how hard it to see an elderly woman be as hateful and ungracious as she has been, it's almost as though behavior like that demeans and cheapens the memories we have of our sainted mothers, knowing they would never have dreamed of saying and doing some of these things. I suppose it's her memory that causes me to look for the chance that deep down she has it in her to be saintly too. My reaction to her in the past has always been disappointment. I'm really hoping for the best. Her husband? He's a lost cause...

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557474 Aug 27, 2014
You know what, I am stopping this right here. I am not a judge. I only want to follow after Jesus and I do not want to judge others. I want to have mercy on others and love others. I do hope Billy Graham makes it to heaven. I hope God has mercy on him and everybody else me included.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#557475 Aug 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
Peace
I will answer, and say that I take God's promises in the Bible with hope, faith, and love. In that I have seen in my life already the promises fulfilled now, and have no reason to question God in eternity.
Personally, you have the two issues that need to be resolved....
a. If God whispers so very small that the world drowns out His Message, then all you listen to is the static of your brain working in relationship to the world.
i.e. Perception, a favorite word of yours....
b. Some people listen for the whispers of God and try to communicate them. You would deny them that exercise, even if it is God's whispers, because your brain is actively seeking to override what men write and communicate.
i.e self/Self
c. Heresy away from God is idolatry.
i.e Self
I have just shined a harsh critical light in the dark. It is the reality in which you live in your New Age Spiritualism. And though civilizations come and go, so will the rise and fall of such gnostic beliefs. It is just how the world works, and not how God works on this earth, while we are in this body....
It is day and night, light and dark how we view things for many years now.
Ah yes....our old friend PERCEPTION.....something we all have.....probably connected to free will in some 'subsist' way (that would be if Plato were here to comment on this discussion).
- That would be cool, huh?

:o)

Although you post as if you think y our perception is accurate - you've actuallyjust proven that "God" has no control over the actions of humans, thus a choice is now required for one to either believe or not.

You chose to believe - that would be Self, perception, and choice all rolled up into one nice little package.....yet you still refute that it occurred or more precisely - that it is wrong to do these things.

Sounds like you have been listening to men for way too long.....as you are starting to sopund like the Pharisees and other antagonists int he Bible.....ignorant of the "subsist" that make up forms.

Maybe a suggestion to read some of Plato's work will help you better understand the physical and the spiritual, the mundane and the estoterical, etc.

Albuquerque, NM

#557476 Aug 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that Robert runs in circles but you have a straight "LINE?"
:)
:o)

No. When one travels in a straight line, they are bound to come to an obstacle. Moving 'forward' is the better position to take, as you can always avoid the obstacles you see coming.

Albuquerque, NM

#557477 Aug 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to prove my opinion that you are full of mythical junkology?
It's my opinion, and opinions are not proof of anything.
Of course you can't prove anything - you haven't anything substantial to support your opinion - so you refuse to use what is available.

If you were to post something worthwhile - I for one would be surprised, and others may fall in line as well....but June - you haven't - except with only your opinion.

Now you know why many think you are just grazing in a field.

Albuquerque, NM

#557478 Aug 27, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>

Is OXbore the one who said Jesus is not God?
No - that was me.

Do you have a specific text that has Jesus stating - "I am God"?

Please post it, it will cause me to "stand corrected".

Whatcha got? Please be specific - "I am God" - as stated by Jesus. That really is the only way you could claim Jesus is "God" - with Jesus, himself, stating it. You do agree with this, right?

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#557479 Aug 27, 2014
Elizabeth wrote:
As someone who is catholic and was raised in the faith, I find this truly offensive that the Pope would make a statement like this. It is making me seriously consider leaving the church. un.
this is absurd. Why would u want to belong to a church (or "church") that doesn't believe in itself?

I have studied Chruch history and the RCC IS the true Church founded by JEsus Christ. Of course, i alreayd "knew" that... but studying makes things more... well, u can then REALLY know it...

You don't want to be outside the Church Christ founded. IT is not perfect due to humans, but JEsus' actual PRESENCE is there in a tangible way 24/7

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#557480 Aug 27, 2014
The pope is only saying what the Church has been officially teaching for centuries

+

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#557481 Aug 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you. In spite of her years of gossip and false witness, perhaps as a result of recent health issues causing her to face her mortality, I still sense in her a good heart that suffers from the conflict of having an overbearing, demanding and obnoxious jerk of a husband and her desire to be Christlike and accept us as Catholic Christians without condemning us to everlasting hell. Maybe I just feel sorry for her and it's wishful thinking, but there's something more there than just the hate and ignorance her husband vomits here on a regular basis.
How can you make this statement?? No matter what you think of her husband she loves and is devoted to this man. They both love each other. You can not judge her for what her husband says and does. Now, if you want to talk about what actions are Christian lets talk about the all nighter ,insulting , degrading, name calling, bashing by Dust Storm and Regina done to Nick knowing he was suffering with a terminal illness...Kay has NEVER bashed anyone on this forum that was in ill health and GOT PLEASURE out of it...Lets talk about just how CHRISTIAN that was...disagreeing about each others faith is one thing but to take it to a personal level knowing you are physically hurting someone is far from christain. And by the way, I begged for them to stop insulting him and was told He ( nick) didn't have to be in this forum if he couldn't take it he could leave. Yep I believe this is exactly what Christ would have said...I am not upset with you Anthony...if fact I am not even upset with them anymore for I know god will judge them when their time comes....

Albuquerque, NM

#557482 Aug 27, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

"In my opinion anyone who accepts Jesus as the Christ and is doing the best that they can and what they know to do out of a sincere heart....is God's people and shall be saved."
- WHEW-WHEW!! Looks like I again qualified!
I hope to see ya on the other side with me.
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know but even if you are being sarcastic here, you know what, I sincerely hope to see you and all the others here on the other side.
You hope to see me? How gracious of you.

Why do you think one needs to have religion in their life in order to pass through the "gates"?

These people, all labeled as "Atheist", tell quite a different story from your "hope and prayers".

http://www.near-death.com/atheists.html
<quoted text>I pray for everyone since Jesus died for everyone.
Do you want to be part of a prayer experiment? I don't believe praying will help or work.

But we can discern this through an experiment....so what do you say?
<quoted text>But I am the only person that can keep me from making it to the other side, so I am praying and trying to do my best to do the will of God.

That is right - Self - no religion required.

WHy do you promote the Self - but in another breath - reject that this entity is a key to everything?
<quoted text>For me it is going to take a close walk and I am going to have to do all that I can do and give God my whole heart. I must serve him with my whole heart, mind, and soul.
Actually seriously - you will continue doing the things you like to do, and not do the things that would cause you discomfort.....all of which are done by you - and have nothing to do with "God". Sure you can help the needy, and walk the elderly across the street - to show you are kind, but it still doesn't require a religion or a religious belief in order to achieve these things. It does require a strong mind and will of the person to set forth a path and then "do as you say". It is quite simple. Just like "to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."

You do see the exact sentiment is being said here, right?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#557483 Aug 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm there with you, I know how hard it to see an elderly woman be as hateful and ungracious as she has been, it's almost as though behavior like that demeans and cheapens the memories we have of our sainted mothers, knowing they would never have dreamed of saying and doing some of these things. I suppose it's her memory that causes me to look for the chance that deep down she has it in her to be saintly too. My reaction to her in the past has always been disappointment. I'm really hoping for the best. Her husband? He's a lost cause...
Nothing wrong with Faith, Hope and Love Anthony.:) You can always pray for her.
Paladin

Sioux City, IA

#557484 Aug 27, 2014
Longshanks wrote:
<quoted text>
What bothers you about this statement Elizabeth? I really think you are misinterpreting the statement.
He is not saying you can't believe as methodist, lutheran, etc. He is merely saying the Catholic church is the true church of Christ. It doesn't mean anyone is being excluded from salvation.
Sorry but the Catholic church is not the true church. I am not condemning anyone for their beliefs, but the true church was not Catholic. Jesus was the builder and Peter was the corner stone but no where in the Word of God does it state the Catholic church is the corner stone. Does the Catholic church have disciple who heal the sick, does the Catholic church have disciples who heal the blind, does the catholic church have disciples who heal the lame and they walk again. No they do not. An exorcism according to the way the Catholic church supposingly does them is not Biblical. Demons were cast out of people by the power of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Albuquerque, NM

#557485 Aug 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Sharia law:
• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Muhammad is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the moon god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (per Muhammad's words in Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, but a man can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife but a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed only in property cases, carries half the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to be eaten must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be Halal.
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
• The list goes on.
Does this sound like it comes from God or man???
The Sharia (also spelled Shariah or Shari'a) law is cast from the actions and <<<<<words of Muhammad, which are called "Sunnah," and the Quran, which he authored.>>>>>
How are these "laws" any different from the biblical "laws" in Leviticus or Deuteronomy?

http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/laws.htm

Are you stating that you currently follow the biblical laws tot he letter?

It sounds like you are only admonishing those laws that you don't follow.

Please clarify.....so you don't continue to mislead others with false information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 31 min Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web