Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,702
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557021 Aug 26, 2014
This malarkey of "I'll just hand all my worries over to God" might seem good on the surface ... but underneath the surface is the conscience ... and the conscience of those in religion has been instructed to be very suspicious of God's intentions ... because the god (being god) can change his mind at any time and decide to reject YOU to hell.

And that can't BE a good feeling. It would be comparable to walking on eggshells in the hopes of not breaking them.

Prince George, Canada

#557022 Aug 26, 2014
Christian church fathers taught their followers that the god broke his covenant with the filthy Jews because the Jews were evil.

The basis of that teaching IS, if YOU are in any way perceived as evil BY God, then God will break his covenant with YOU.

Placing faith in such teachings, keeps you motivated to feel more and MORE fear.

And the circle of fear encases you in bondage of nothing BUT FEAR.

Prince George, Canada

#557023 Aug 26, 2014
However, if you choose to join the Wiccans, you can be free of worry, because the teaching is that the goddess loves everybody.

But I suggest you can't fool your conscience so easily. You know that all non-human animals suffer for no explainable reason within the ranks of religion, because they aren't capable of offending a supposed creator. For instance ... there would be no reason for them to have to reincarnate to work out their karmic debts ... blah, blah, blah.

So if there IS a creator ... it WANTED those animals to suffer. There IS no other explanation.

Religion is BUNK!

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557024 Aug 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah the typical Protestant mantra of rubbish. You dont really know much about the church and since so many prominent and leading Protestants have flocked to the church over the decades after they really study and learn the truth. However tell you what you can join the once saved always saved crowd and give it your infallible stamp and the other Protestants you can argue with because none of you follow men. ;0 Jesus said whoevers sins you forgive will be forgiven and whoevers sins you retain shall be retained. The last time I checked the Apostles were men and they weren't mind readers. James says call upon the priest (Elder in protestant lingo) and your sins will be forgiven. Say Whaat??? It should be just pray to God and you are all good. Worshipping some man now eh? lol I really feel sorry for people like you. I would take the time to explain it but the protestants in here are already omiscient. Just string together the doctrines you like or make up your own its all good. On the other hand you could actually make an effort to learn something about the early church and from the church other than your sultry sources of magnanimous wisdom. lol
Here is what Jesus says about the scribes and Pharisees and it sounds like he is talking about people like RCC and the pope.

Matthew Chapter 23
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Let's Play

#557025 Aug 26, 2014
Continued:

Matthew 23

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

So yes, no wonder some people chose death rather than converting to such a misleading religion.

Let's Play

#557026 Aug 26, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Why do you limit "God" and think that no other person can promote what "God" wants for us to do?
Thanks for responding as honestly you can....but to comment - I believe you can be even more honest.....although when you reach that point - it begins to questions your core fundamental beliefs. Many so-called "Christians" can't venture down that road, because, like I said, it begins to question their own faith.....well if they were this honest......
Let's see if you can take that step.....
<quoted text>
a. Yet you think the Bible is complete.
b. You don't accept those texts attributed to some of the other original Apostles that are in the canon.
c. You think certain men from 1700+ years ago had the ability to know the mind of "God" by determining what books were "inspired" and which were not.....something you say that "God" can controlled. How do you know this?
<quoted text>
Do you always speak as though you know the mind of "God"?
- Why do you think "God" didn't inspire Thomas, even though he wrote a gospel of Jesus' teachings?
<quoted text>
You rebuke the non-canonical texts - that clearly show additional teachings - so you aren't telling the truth here.
Do you want me to point out other areas that you limit "God" in?
<quoted text>
Men wrote the Bible - yes you do.
Men chose what books are to be int he Bible - yes you do.
Men chose to destroy and burn other books that are not in the Bible - yes you do.
"God" has never been proven, but only men proclaim this truth - yes you do.
<quoted text>
Personal relationship you say. Correct - no religion is required.
Self.
Why do you promote the aspects of Self - "a one on one relationship with God" - but in the same breath - reject this entity. IMO - because you believe what men told you to believe.
I for one - believe that "God" hasn't spoke to anyone in quite some time now, so all of thes actions you seem to think you are taking - "but look straight ahead unto the Lord for our teaching and guiding." - also show the actions that you are required to take.
I have said that I have been to many different churches and do not want to be called by a denominational name and that is the truth. I do align more closely with the Pentecostal beliefs. I am not saying they are the one and the only church or that they have it all figured out and others do not. I am just saying that is the one that align closer with in my beliefs.

I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost and in the spiritual gifts spoken of in Corinthians. So I believe God does continue to talk us and that it has not been a long time since he has spoken to man. He talks to each of us daily if we are saved and listen to his voice.

Jesus said in John 10
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

In order for us to know his voice he has to talk to us, right. So yes, I believe that he still talks to man if they will listen to him and know his voice.

Let's Play

#557027 Aug 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....there are christian posters on this forum who do not belong to a church.
......If you are happy with your life that's all that matters. I don't believe you need to throw life preservers to the rest of us..........well!.....Maybe Hojo.
I am only quoting scriptures and not preaching or anything. I do not believe that woman can be preachers or teachers. I am only stating what I have read in the Bible and testifying as to what I believe. My sincere belief is that there is not just one church that will make it or one set of people. I am no judge. Some people may not go to church for the simple fact that they have been hurt by judgement made of them by people there. I am in no wise saying those people will be lost. God knows his people....In my opinion anyone who accepts Jesus as the Christ and is doing the best that they can and what they know to do out of a sincere heart....is God's people and shall be saved. I think God only asks us to do the best that we can for him and when we do we shall grow in his grace and his knowledge.

2 Corinthians 8

12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.

Let's Play

#557028 Aug 26, 2014
Read this verse Oxbow and see what you think of it....Oh and I am sorry for calling you Oxbore, I Just restated what atemcowboy said and didn't really remember your screen name there....sorry about that.

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

I think that means that they removed themselves...in my opinion.

Let's Play

#557029 Aug 26, 2014
To Dust Storm:

Galatians 1
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Let's Play

#557030 Aug 26, 2014
Continued:
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Paul did not go to Peter or any of the apostles to learn or any other fleshly man but went to Jesus Christ through his spirit to learn it.

Let's Play

#557031 Aug 26, 2014
continued:

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Let's Play

#557032 Aug 26, 2014
Continued Galatians Chapter 2

6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat,(whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

Paul was sent to preach the circumcision made without hands....He had to with stand Peter to the face because Peter was to be blamed. What does that mean to the catholic mind set?

Also Peter was before warned in a dream to call not what God has cleansed common or unclean.
truth

Perth, Australia

#557033 Aug 26, 2014
believe in cross
truth

Perth, Australia

#557034 Aug 26, 2014
God can hear prayers
1 Peter 3;12
truth

Perth, Australia

#557035 Aug 26, 2014
Matthew 28;18-20
witnessing
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
all man and woman children's too=people
truth

Perth, Australia

#557036 Aug 26, 2014
yes woman can be teacher
child too

Jesus been only 12, He sitting between teachers and talk to them
http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Mt28.18-20
truth

Perth, Australia

#557037 Aug 26, 2014
I been only 6 years old when I say to my teachers, mother Mary is Jesus Christ mother.
My hands been blue and swollen!
As you can see you can be witness,its so easy even if you suffering!

Let's Play

#557038 Aug 26, 2014
Galatians 5

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

Paul speaks of people who have fallen from grace and asks who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth.

He goes on in that chapter to speak about liberty and not to use it as an occasion to the flesh.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#557039 Aug 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Man I didn't think you'd actually go into some elaborate detail..Jehovah's don't approach your door alone, Mike. They approach in two's because that's what they believe the Bible says (Luke 10:1-22). Mormons don't either.. So what was the other guy doing while you and the 85 yr old were talkin about cars?
......My story stands. I don't care what you believe. Your just a bigot and an idiot.
(lol)
.....You don't practice what you say out loud every mass you attend "We forgive those that trespass against us". you name call and insult others making you also a hypocryte. That's usually a family trait. There must be some dysfunction in the family DNA. I am sure it foes back generations. A psychologist can help but not cure.
......you are like most catholics. You go to church for all the wrong reasons. You recite the rules but you don't follow them.(lol)

.....you are simply Unbelievable!
.....I know the truth of my story. As usual you like to spin negativety to or about anyone not as self righteous as you..

....another family trait called arrogance.
truth

Perth, Australia

#557040 Aug 26, 2014
its written
corrupt accusers
wicket will stay on door of righteousness

its come time of end of them
never listen corrupt diploma=who accuse Jesus and put on cross

your law is not my law as well never will be
history is teacher of life how much righteousness people have rights
by
nk
Jesus Christ name above all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 7 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE