Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701398 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#557208 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say whatever I feel like saying to a person like you. if you don't like it, don't let the door hit your posterior as you run out the door.lol
You are correct. You can say whatever you wish to "a person like me". It lays bare your mistakes however.

You sir, said that God expects Christians to "follow the Lws of the Land... ALL THE LAWS OF THE LAND"
Do you recall making that statement?

I then asked you if Christians living in countries where Shiria Law is "the Laws of the Land", if they were to obey Shiria Law.
Well?
Are they expected to obey that law of their land?
Well? Are they?

A simple yes or no is all that is required preacherman.

Location hidden

#557209 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you take time from your romper room visit and go back and read what Chuck said. wine was not mentioned, YOU LIKE THE DOOFUS THAT YOU ARE, CANT READ.
You can read.(I assume)
Do Christians living in countries where Shiria LAw is the "Laws of the Land" expected to obey that law of the land?

Location hidden

#557210 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
church doctrine has never changed, those who have seen the resurrected Christ are considered Apostles
You just mentioned people "like me".
I am an apostle according to yourself.
I am a two star apostle sir , according to yourself.

I take issue with some things that you get wrong preacher.

Define a person "like me".

Location hidden

#557211 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
a person like you defines a person like you.
I really appreciate you granting me the liberty of defining myself. Thanks.
<rolls eyes>
Liam

Detroit, MI

#557212 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
don't feel like it...
I gave you my opinion. If you and Marge want to justify boozing it and smoking weed go right ahead. You don't see it has hurting the gospel because you drink and then you show up at church on Sunday and praise God.
And we sit back at the end of the day and we wonder why there are atheists in the world.
Did you block me? Every time I post to you, it disappears. If there is a way to do that, let me know..
Liam

Detroit, MI

#557213 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
don't feel like it...
I gave you my opinion. If you and Marge want to justify boozing it and smoking weed go right ahead. You don't see it has hurting the gospel because you drink and then you show up at church on Sunday and praise God.
And we sit back at the end of the day and we wonder why there are atheists in the world.
Provide a Bible verse that says marijuana is a sin.
I don't do it either, but I'm not about to declare someone 'not a Christian' who does. Lord knows I've got my own bad habits to worry about.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#557214 Aug 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant 48/14 or 168/49 which would be more accurate!.........That way you won't let "one second " be waisted in your anti-catholic "habit formed" vengeful attacks which appears to be "the only thing" that you have going in your daily life!.....
....I have asked you 100 times. Tell me what I post is hateful? I post information.

.....whose fault is it when your church leaders screw up? Is it my fault? Its always someone else's fault. Eh Hojo.

....You should be very thankful you met me today.

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#557215 Aug 26, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

IMO - death is what separates us. Sin has nothing to do with it.
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
hhhhhmmmmmm <shaking head side to side>
IMO - it is the veil of this dimension's "life" experience that separates. I agree that sin does not do it as we are all imperfect and incapable of perfect behavior. It is the physical aspects of our existence here which cause the greatest separation, as most can not shed the physical self and it's constant need to see, feel, hear, touch, and smell things before they will accept them to be real.That veil is lifted upon death, as we transcend into the next dimension ... and life experience.
Your response seems to be similar to mine.....as it does reflect the same qualities as mine, so I don't know why you would be "shaking your head from side to side".

"Death" to me - is that moment of the transition to another realm or state of being. Whether or not this actually happens - well....since I am not dead, I just don't know.

But this transcending of the "spirit" - a belief of mine - IMHO - would be at the time the body dies.

How is my analogy different than what you stated?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#557216 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not play your merry-go-round game..last call:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
What is your definition of "everlasting life"....what does "shall not come into condemnation;" mean?
What does "passed from death unto life" mean??
Oxbow

Okay. I can see how you are getting tired of defending the subject OSAS, but I will actually yield, to its existence if there is this one proviso: ORAR. That is Once Repentant Always Repentant. In short, if a person repents, and is always in a state of repentance(that is never sins), then OSAS actually exists. But then how many people after coming to Christ, especially early in their lives do not sin? Even a lustful glance at a woman, or a thought of hate is a sin. So how real is OSAS?

So moving on, basically the verse John 5:24 means to me is that Jesus has the power and executes it over life and death. And it is especially relevant, to those who are dead in sin, but he redeems, and gives them life.

I really don't live by hard and fast definitions, as I find they are like snares, which trap me into word play. Rather it is the meaning and intention behind the words which are important to people in communicating.

As for "everlasting life" it is beyond describing. They are just words we now use, for what we believe in.
"Shall not come into condemnation" refers basically, that God's Mercy has exceeded His Justice because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice for us, to which we are not called by our own sins to His Justice.
"passed from death into life", Jesus has the power and authority to give and take away either one, at any time while we are here and now, or in eternity.

But consider that in eternity, the soul that has accepted Jesus Christ as Savior still has the choice, even as angels do still have a choice to turn from God. But for the Christian, the bond between man and God is more complete in a way, so that when in heaven, I think very, very few would turn from God....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#557218 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't abide, you were never truly disciples. You don't see that???
Those who are truly Christ's disciples will abide in His Word..
" The doctrine of "once saved, always saved" was invented by John Calvin during the Reformation. Under this theory, the Protestant believes that one is saved when he accepts Jesus as personal Lord and Savior. This is comforting - after all, who wouldn't want assurance? According to this view, true Christians are the ones who will persevere to the end. For those who accepted Christ during their lives but did not persevere to the end, the doctrine calls these people superficial Christians. So true Christians will go to heaven and superficial Christians will not. Not only is this teaching not Scriptural, it is difficult to accept the teaching on reason.

The only distinction between a true Christian and a superficial Christian is that the superficial Christian did not persevere to the end. Otherwise, the two types of Christians appear to be the same. The superficial Christian has all the earmarks of a true Christian except that he did not persevere. But this necessarily means that the true Christian cannot know that he really is a true Christian either until the end of his life. He, too, won't know whether his conversion was genuine until the end of his life. Therefore, despite all the talk about assurance, he cannot be sure.

This doctrine, therefore, actually gives its adherents less assurance of their salvation. It necessarily imposes upon them uncertainty until the end. The Catholic (and Scriptural) view, however, does give assurance to the believer that he is in fact currently saved (a true Christian), and that, if he perseveres to the end, he will be saved at death. We also know that God will give all the graces necessary for us to be faithful to the end (because of our freewill, the question is always whether we will accept the grace or not). Thus, Catholics know that it is theirs to lose. Protestant Calvinists don't even know whether it is theirs to begin with."

http://www.johnsalza.com/

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#557219 Aug 26, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
If what your saying is correct then we are ALL guilty of this "ADDICTION" since we are ALL here day after day arguing the same things.
Very scribe perception Sera. Hope yours,to are doing well

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#557220 Aug 26, 2014
<quoted text>
What "promises" are you hopeful upon, that "God" fulfilled?
Please be very specific in your accounts - so it allows others to retort if needed.
Personally, you have two issues that need to be resolved first - before you can come to a viable conclusion:
a. Of course - you need to show that you know the actions "God" intends to make at this very moment and in the future. I say this because you imply that "God" has already fulfilled promises, yet "God" really hasn't stated any promises, huh? Only men have.
b. You must also know and be able to present where "God" specifically states which texts are of "His" inspiration and which are not. This delineates the specific texts that will show what you say to be true.
c. Claiming specific religious beliefs as heresy is nothing from "God". That would be a label that man had applied to a belief that they didn't recognize as being "legitimate". Arrogance seems to be a part of their decision, but you won't admit to this either, so we'll just accept it for what it is.
Soooo - with all of this said, what "promises" were fulfilled by "God"?
NASL

Peace

I will answer, and say that I take God's promises in the Bible with hope, faith, and love. In that I have seen in my life already the promises fulfilled now, and have no reason to question God in eternity.

Personally, you have the two issues that need to be resolved....

a. If God whispers so very small that the world drowns out His Message, then all you listen to is the static of your brain working in relationship to the world.
i.e. Perception, a favorite word of yours....

b. Some people listen for the whispers of God and try to communicate them. You would deny them that exercise, even if it is God's whispers, because your brain is actively seeking to override what men write and communicate.
i.e self/Self

c. Heresy away from God is idolatry.
i.e Self

I have just shined a harsh critical light in the dark. It is the reality in which you live in your New Age Spiritualism. And though civilizations come and go, so will the rise and fall of such gnostic beliefs. It is just how the world works, and not how God works on this earth, while we are in this body....
It is day and night, light and dark how we view things for many years now.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#557221 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
church doctrine has never changed, those who have seen the resurrected Christ are considered Apostles
A figment of your deluded imagination...

Apostle: a delegate; specially, an ambassador of the Gospel; officially a commissioner of Christ ("apostle")(with miraculous powers):--apostle, messenger, he that is sent.

Location hidden

#557222 Aug 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you take time from your romper room visit and go back and read what Chuck said. wine was not mentioned, YOU LIKE THE DOOFUS THAT YOU ARE, CANT READ.
Prattle is all you have...I don't need it...

Location hidden

#557223 Aug 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow
Okay. I can see how you are getting tired of defending the subject OSAS, but I will actually yield, to its existence if there is this one proviso: ORAR. That is Once Repentant Always Repentant. In short, if a person repents, and is always in a state of repentance(that is never sins), then OSAS actually exists. But then how many people after coming to Christ, especially early in their lives do not sin? Even a lustful glance at a woman, or a thought of hate is a sin. So how real is OSAS?
So moving on, basically the verse John 5:24 means to me is that Jesus has the power and executes it over life and death. And it is especially relevant, to those who are dead in sin, but he redeems, and gives them life.
I really don't live by hard and fast definitions, as I find they are like snares, which trap me into word play. Rather it is the meaning and intention behind the words which are important to people in communicating.
As for "everlasting life" it is beyond describing. They are just words we now use, for what we believe in.
"Shall not come into condemnation" refers basically, that God's Mercy has exceeded His Justice because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice for us, to which we are not called by our own sins to His Justice.
"passed from death into life", Jesus has the power and authority to give and take away either one, at any time while we are here and now, or in eternity.
But consider that in eternity, the soul that has accepted Jesus Christ as Savior still has the choice, even as angels do still have a choice to turn from God. But for the Christian, the bond between man and God is more complete in a way, so that when in heaven, I think very, very few would turn from God....
Excuse me...you had me fooled....I thought I was talking with a Christian...
Stephania

Fort Worth, TX

#557224 Aug 26, 2014
The catholic church it's not the only best way to make people trolling and believe to them.No one can't replace him,The God Jesus Christ,believe in the holy spirit of the God Jesus Christ and you will fulfilled with your beliefs,no the church it's just church with priests making their propaganda towards people that they are the truth,Who is the real God can't you not see,Believe in Jesus Christ but not to same nerds pseudo priests,that want to represent that their church it's the true,and God obey them.

Location hidden

#557225 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck...

Here is a other question for you...Catholic priests, at every mass....drink wine...every time members of the congregation take communion...they drink wine...I know because I have been there...done that. Does that mean that Catholics are hurting the gospel of Christ at every mass???

Location hidden

#557226 Aug 26, 2014
Chuck....

And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the passover at thy house with my disciples. And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the passover.

During the Passover, wine was/is consumed...Christ celebrated this Passover at the Last Supper, with His disciples....does that make Christ and the disciples having hurt His gospel???
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557227 Aug 26, 2014
Trying to discredit me will be a hard time for you, considering nothing I've said has been false.
Now THAT is funny!

I wouldn't expect you to come on a forum and say "Hey everybody, what I have been posting is false information."
Chuck

Sunbury, OH

#557228 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Chuck...
Here is a other question for you...Catholic priests, at every mass....drink wine...every time members of the congregation take communion...they drink wine...I know because I have been there...done that. Does that mean that Catholics are hurting the gospel of Christ at every mass???
LOL....they don't even know the gospel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Married in 10,772
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr '18 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr '18 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr '18 thepopeonthetwit 3