Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603267 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chuck

Dublin, OH

#556752 Aug 25, 2014

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556753 Aug 25, 2014
You can insist that I will spend eternity in hell or some state of lost oblivion if I don't join your personalized "spiritual" belief ... but I don't believe you.

Prince George, Canada

#556754 Aug 25, 2014
I don't strive to live in a mental state of utopian religious self-induced bliss, while I perceive that others live in a mental state of being convinced by those in religion that they are dystopians.

That is not nice of people in religion to take that point of view of others. Not nice at all.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

A dystopia (from the Greek δυσ - and τόπ ος, alternatively, cacotopia,[1] kakotopia, cackotopia, or anti-utopia) is a community or society that is in some important way undesirable or frightening. It is the opposite of a utopia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystopia

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556755 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Since I left religion, I am content to share my story.
What a bunch of hogwash June.
If you were truly content to just leave it at a personal story testimony, your rants and railings against religon in all shapes, kinds, sizes, colors, and forms, would be missing from this site dear.
<smile>
Your rants are clearly here for all to see that what you just wrote right up ^there^... is pure bullshit!!!

What you rail against dear is how SOME people treated you in their own hypocritical ways. It was not spirit which treated you that way dear ... it was people ... imperfect people.
The very first thing one needs taught when shooting down other things, be they arguments or prey, is to properly identify your intended target.
Get a grip on reality June.
<smile>

Prince George, Canada

#556756 Aug 25, 2014
Many of you are convinced by your religious training that because I am no longer in religion, that I am an evil dystopian.

However ... you are ALSO convinced that those in other religions are ALSO evil dystopians.

Tch tch!

What if you are wrong?
Liam

Chicago, IL

#556757 Aug 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......I never said I was anti god. I just don't see what you claim to believe.
..... When someone claims to not be catholic you look at them as god haters.
......I like all people.
.....a couple weeks ago someone claimed JW came to their house but wouldn't answer the door. Now you and you little friend Liam decided to make up your own JW stories nd after Liam taught them all the metrix about catholicism they quickly went home to reconsider their lifelong belief.
......unbelievable!
Ah I don't think I would take it that far. The fact that I debunked the 'Bible expert' elders and the 150 yr old JW's in about 40 min is not a reflection of my crafty debating skills.(I don't really have any that are my own doing anyway) Its because THEY couldn't debunk Catholicism. It doesnt take much for someone who half way knows their Catholic faith. You say the story didnt happen. No Michael, it did happen and itll happen again before summers over. Thier teenage apprentices eyes were opened no doubt. That annoys you!
As for your story about an old JW fella at your door is b.s.. you made it up to look like you were the better man for small talking with this one visitor.

Location hidden

#556758 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
That is not nice of people in religion to take that point of view of others. Not nice at all.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
Yeah how about that June.
It is PEOPLE from whence the distrust originates.
We agree on that point.
<whew>

Location hidden

#556759 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
You can insist that I will spend eternity in hell or some state of lost oblivion if I don't join your personalized "spiritual" belief ... but I don't believe you.
I do not know just who you are addressing with your "you" accusation June.
No where have I ever insisted such a thing.
I do not know where you will abide in the next dimension.
I do not have time to hurry to that conclusion. The jury is still out anyway.

Prince George, Canada

#556760 Aug 25, 2014
You take the high road of believing you know universal truth ... and I'll take the low road of believing that I am not qualified to solve mysteries ... and my guess is, no matter which path we take ... we will end up in the same STATE.

At least that is my hope.

I wouldn't want to be in heaven looking down at my relatives burning forever in hell.

And neither would I want to be burning in eternal hell, while I watched my saved relatives gloating at me from heaven saying "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Bunkology!

Location hidden

#556761 Aug 25, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many of you are convinced by your religious training that because I am no longer in religion, that I am an evil dystopian.
However ... you are ALSO convinced that those in other religions are ALSO evil dystopians.
Tch tch!
What if you are wrong?
Interesting.
One would think that you would be more interested in, and very much concerned about if >you< are wrong dear.

What I or anyone else thinks on the matter is totally and completely irrelevant to you and your own choices.
Liam

Chicago, IL

#556762 Aug 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......Your paranoid and brainwashed and full of hate.
.....everyone other than catholics are the enemy...Its always someone else who is wrong, and its always someone else's fault....that's how it works. I was a catholic for 50 years.
......your post rings loud and clear.
......whatever happened to what you say every Sunday at mass? "We forgive those that tresspass against us"
....,its obvious in your post, you don't practice what's taught to you.
Unbelievable!
Nobody was converted to my knowledge. But at least they finally had the opportunity to hear the Catholic rebuttal.....something that was deprived of them. All we want is for people to disagree with us based on what we actually believe. The JW's dont know what that is so its good to teach them, and allow them to make a decision after having the facts.

Location hidden

#556763 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you should Preston because I did go on the blog and he states women can preach in the church. Do you agree???
The fairer sex from Venus has been long known to preach at each and every turn and cubicle in the world. This has been known ever since the Martians first learned that the Venitians were coming here as well.
I find it fascinating that a debate about whether they could do so anywhere has arisen as it has already been witnessed they will do it anywhere on this planet ... too ... I assume.
<wink>.

Prince George, Canada

#556764 Aug 25, 2014
It's common sense that if a creator exists and knew that humans were going to be killers, unless the creator was a monster ... he would not place perfected spirits into human bodies so that the humans COULD choose to kill.

If a creator exists he/she/it created the whole plan ... so he/she/it has to take responsibility FOR the WHOLE plan ... which is very ugly in deed.

Bunkology!!!

Location hidden

#556765 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you should Preston because I did go on the blog and he states women can preach in the church. Do you agree???
dispute the words CONCERNING CONDITIONAL COVENANT, THAT HE PRESENTS.

as it stands now, the FIRST person to present the gospel(good news) was a WOMAN, DO you agree?

I have heard several women try to preach. talking loud and fast is not indictative of the Anointing of the Holy Ghost, and I have heard adrian rogers, macarthur and Stanley among others and they don't Preach under the anointing either, and the women that I have heard have MORE spirit on them than those three.

WHY IS THAT?

when I started growing in the Lord, I quit listening to people like Stanley who is as dead as a mackerel, and that was before he lied to his church, when his wife sued him and as both of them are Baptists and we know there is ONLY ONE REASON for a divorce.

Prince George, Canada

#556766 Aug 25, 2014
Religionist ... "The creator loves everybody ... in MY religion."

Prince George, Canada

#556767 Aug 25, 2014
Elizabeth Fry A Biography by June Rose.

*Her own misfortune was that her husband went broke in his own business and they were then outcast among even their family and Quaker friends.

Prince George, Canada

#556768 Aug 25, 2014
The Christian know-it-alls were not interested in hearing Elizabeth's new point of view.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Elizabeth Fry A Biography by June Rose.

When she had first entered Newgate (prison) she had preached to the women in gaol that it was their wickedness that had brought them into their miserable state. With fifteen years of experience of crime and criminals behind her and her * own misfortune fresh in her mind, her view had broadened. She came near to acknowledging in her answer that the conditions of the poor were, in themselves, contributory causes of crime. Again, it was an answer that the committee was not ready to hear.

Location hidden

#556769 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
http://agapegeek.com/2010/09/1 2/must-women-keep-silent-in-th e-church/
Vast numbers of ignorant men have long proclaimed dominance over women, placing them in subservient roles that are clearly biased to what they like or feel is the proper order of things. What these type of men do is jump on a very, very small number of scriptures that they whole hardly embrace and proclaim as the truth. from that link.

If we take the Bible as literal Truth, then we must assume that Paul wrote that letter to a VERY SPECIFIC CHURCH. that is THE LITERAL INTREPRETATION of that letter.

you wanna pick and choose, go ahead. NOT ME.

AS I HAVE SAID MANY TIMES, THERE ARE THREE WAYS TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE.

FIRST; LITERAL

SECOND; FIGURITIVE

THIRD; SPIRITUAL.

as far as women Preachers, I have yet to hear a good one, therefore I prefer a man, who is Anointed, and down here in this area, we have several Baptists preachers that can preach with the best of our Holiness Preachers. So they aren't all as dead as Adrian rogers and those of his ilk.

Prince George, Canada

#556770 Aug 25, 2014
Mother Teresa preached at the starving East Indians that abortion was evil.

Yet she watched the helpless Indian babies starve to death in her supposed "care" while she bragged of using the money meant to feed those starving babies, to built convents for nuns so that the nuns could be sainted in heaven as MOTHER hoped would be her utopian pleasure.

YUCK!!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#556771 Aug 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
dispute the words CONCERNING CONDITIONAL COVENANT, THAT HE PRESENTS.
as it stands now, the FIRST person to present the gospel(good news) was a WOMAN, DO you agree?
I have heard several women try to preach. talking loud and fast is not indictative of the Anointing of the Holy Ghost, and I have heard adrian rogers, macarthur and Stanley among others and they don't Preach under the anointing either, and the women that I have heard have MORE spirit on them than those three.
WHY IS THAT?
when I started growing in the Lord, I quit listening to people like Stanley who is as dead as a mackerel, and that was before he lied to his church, when his wife sued him and as both of them are Baptists and we know there is ONLY ONE REASON for a divorce.
I don't have to dispute his words. All I know is he believes woman can preach...even to men. That's all I need to hear.

I don't agree with men who preach part of God's truth. For me, it's all or nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 2 hr Paul Porter1 421
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Do you know 9,678
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr_SKY 84,400
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web