Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679244 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

West Des Moines, IA

#557009 Aug 25, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe in OSAS...I know it because God's Word says so:
Quote:
Heareth My word, and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.(John 5:24)
Everlasting life is not something you get when you die. Everlasting life is something you get when you receive Jesus. If I have everlasting life, when can it end? Suppose I had it 10 years and it ended. Did I have everlasting life? No, I had a 10-year life. Whatever you have, if you ever lose it, whatever it was, it wasn't everlasting.
Gospel truth....from Scripture....
yep

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#557010 Aug 25, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah I don't think I would take it that far. The fact that I debunked the 'Bible expert' elders and the 150 yr old JW's in about 40 min is not a reflection of my crafty debating skills.(I don't really have any that are my own doing anyway) Its because THEY couldn't debunk Catholicism. It doesnt take much for someone who half way knows their Catholic faith. You say the story didnt happen. No Michael, it did happen and itll happen again before summers over. Thier teenage apprentices eyes were opened no doubt. That annoys you!
As for your story about an old JW fella at your door is b.s.. you made it up to look like you were the better man for small talking with this one visitor.
The last time they showed up here I told them I was a born again Christian..that was years ago .
I also said thanks but I don't want your literature.

I guess they believe they should do this...a,lady I know,let them in for bible study supposedly . I suggested they don't study the way her church teaches .
truth

Perth, Australia

#557011 Aug 25, 2014
paul saul have blessing from whom in damascus
are you for sure satanic blessing is holy
no
then who are you with your divine explanation

did stalin killed catholic as well others christans
if not then you are one of atheist

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#557012 Aug 25, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do. I posted the scripture.
Sorry, I don't read that Demas never again spoke the gospel, nor repented leaving Paul .Paul wrote what was true at the time he wrote the letter ...I agree Demas left .does loved the world mean he lived a,sinful life or was weak and afraid for his,life???

I leave that allows up to God to judge .

Had Judas not killed himself, could he have repented and been forgiven.
Scholars are not even sure exactly why he betrayed Jesus ..we DO know he did ..was it for money
Or a desire for Jesus to overthrow Rome as many Jews believed Messiah would do .
He SHOULD have known better as,a follower of the Lord.
Obviously he cut himself odd from Amy chance at repenting, yet history discuss shows he did hate what he did ...

I'm just saying we cannot JUDGE the soul of another .....and Don't know what happened to Demas and the others after they left Paul ....the question is not ours but belongs to Jesus .

I'd hate to be judged by what someone wrote about me at age 20, 25 ,30 , and Paul did not live forever ...
maybe the Holy Spirit pursued this man because he DID believe ...was saved ??

Just a thought . BLESSINGS,
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#557014 Aug 26, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me how I can read and study the scriptures then understand the RCC? All I ask is show me in scripture.
First try and understand what "RCC" means..

"the term 'Roman Catholic' is not used by the Church itself; it is a relatively modern term and moreover, largely confined to the English language"

www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb3.htm

True, if you went to the middle east or Africa and kept saying "Roman Roman Roman, RC RC, you'd have people scratching their heads because there are 22 Catholic Churches in those regions not called "Roman".. In this country we have more than just "Roman Catholics" now, but that wasn't the case a 125 yrs ago when the Baltimore catechism addressed the Latin rite 'Roman Catholics'.(this still causes confusion for certain posters)

Next, go to Catholic sources to find out what we teach and how it relates to Scripture. You'd be surprised at how Catholicism is entwined with the Bible. Don't bother with some insecure Pastors spin on our teachings. We have a catechism that is clear and is also available online..

www.chnetwork.org/media/deep-in-scripture

www.catholic.com

God bless.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#557015 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are denying the truth in the words of Christ!!!!
Christ said: Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him....
It's this type of stupidity that caused people to jump off cliffs and find other ways of ending life in their physical bodies. Some went to such extremes, they believed any bodily comfort was perceived as wrongful LUST, and that lust being sinful was evil according to the "God."

OCD ... Obsessive Christian Disorder.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

In religion

Religions, especially Christianity, separate the definition of passion and lust by further categorizing lust as an inappropriate desire or a desire that is inappropriately strong, therefore being morally wrong. While passion for proper purposes is maintained as something God given and moral.

Prince George, Canada

#557016 Aug 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe in OSAS...
So that means if you commit even one new sin without having time to beg forgiveness from Jesus, he could choose to take away your salvation ... even though you believe that he already died FOR your sins.

No wonder you are a nervous wreck of constant preaching. You are on a treadmill of trying to convince your self that YOU will be among the saved.

Religion is a sickness that can't BE cured without self-therapy.

Prayer certainly won't help either, as prayer is also a compulsive religious disorder. "Please forgive me father, for I have sinned."

Terrible indoctrinations!

Prince George, Canada

#557017 Aug 26, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not still a debt, that is the point I'm trying to make with my so-called brothers and sisters. If you get Saved it means forever, period.
So that means that you can break all the commandments and Jesus and God will still choose to save you for heaven ... RIGHT???

Religion contradicts itself at every turn of the biblical pages. That's why it drove so many devotees insane.

A woman, whose immediate family faithfully attends church, told her young daughter the following,“Your grandparents were very intelligent people. They chose to belong to a religion where, once saved, always saved! Now that is the best insurance policy a person can have.”

Prince George, Canada

#557018 Aug 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time they showed up here I told them I was a born again Christian..that was years ago .
I also said thanks but I don't want your literature.
Yet by writing your Protestant literature back to her on this forum, you want him/her to believe your religious literature.

Every person on a forum is a promoter of selfs-belief.

Prince George, Canada

#557019 Aug 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I leave that allows up to God to judge .
I asked you once, but maybe you will answer this time.

Do you believe that for placing faith in the dogma that other souls deserve eternal hell ... that YOU "deserve" to be rewarded with heaven???

Prince George, Canada

#557020 Aug 26, 2014
If I believed that the majority of souls will go to hell for not being in the accepted religion ... I would never be able to rest at night ... much less have a decent sleep.

Religion is HORRIBLE!

You could never be certain of your own salvation if you doubt that others will be saved.

It can't happen.

NO rest for the wicked.

Prince George, Canada

#557021 Aug 26, 2014
This malarkey of "I'll just hand all my worries over to God" might seem good on the surface ... but underneath the surface is the conscience ... and the conscience of those in religion has been instructed to be very suspicious of God's intentions ... because the god (being god) can change his mind at any time and decide to reject YOU to hell.

And that can't BE a good feeling. It would be comparable to walking on eggshells in the hopes of not breaking them.

Prince George, Canada

#557022 Aug 26, 2014
Christian church fathers taught their followers that the god broke his covenant with the filthy Jews because the Jews were evil.

The basis of that teaching IS, if YOU are in any way perceived as evil BY God, then God will break his covenant with YOU.

Placing faith in such teachings, keeps you motivated to feel more and MORE fear.

And the circle of fear encases you in bondage of nothing BUT FEAR.

Prince George, Canada

#557023 Aug 26, 2014
However, if you choose to join the Wiccans, you can be free of worry, because the teaching is that the goddess loves everybody.

But I suggest you can't fool your conscience so easily. You know that all non-human animals suffer for no explainable reason within the ranks of religion, because they aren't capable of offending a supposed creator. For instance ... there would be no reason for them to have to reincarnate to work out their karmic debts ... blah, blah, blah.

So if there IS a creator ... it WANTED those animals to suffer. There IS no other explanation.

Religion is BUNK!

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#557024 Aug 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah the typical Protestant mantra of rubbish. You dont really know much about the church and since so many prominent and leading Protestants have flocked to the church over the decades after they really study and learn the truth. However tell you what you can join the once saved always saved crowd and give it your infallible stamp and the other Protestants you can argue with because none of you follow men. ;0 Jesus said whoevers sins you forgive will be forgiven and whoevers sins you retain shall be retained. The last time I checked the Apostles were men and they weren't mind readers. James says call upon the priest (Elder in protestant lingo) and your sins will be forgiven. Say Whaat??? It should be just pray to God and you are all good. Worshipping some man now eh? lol I really feel sorry for people like you. I would take the time to explain it but the protestants in here are already omiscient. Just string together the doctrines you like or make up your own its all good. On the other hand you could actually make an effort to learn something about the early church and from the church other than your sultry sources of magnanimous wisdom. lol
Here is what Jesus says about the scribes and Pharisees and it sounds like he is talking about people like RCC and the pope.

Matthew Chapter 23
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Let's Play

#557025 Aug 26, 2014
Continued:

Matthew 23

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

So yes, no wonder some people chose death rather than converting to such a misleading religion.

Let's Play

#557026 Aug 26, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Why do you limit "God" and think that no other person can promote what "God" wants for us to do?
Thanks for responding as honestly you can....but to comment - I believe you can be even more honest.....although when you reach that point - it begins to questions your core fundamental beliefs. Many so-called "Christians" can't venture down that road, because, like I said, it begins to question their own faith.....well if they were this honest......
Let's see if you can take that step.....
<quoted text>
a. Yet you think the Bible is complete.
b. You don't accept those texts attributed to some of the other original Apostles that are in the canon.
c. You think certain men from 1700+ years ago had the ability to know the mind of "God" by determining what books were "inspired" and which were not.....something you say that "God" can controlled. How do you know this?
<quoted text>
Do you always speak as though you know the mind of "God"?
- Why do you think "God" didn't inspire Thomas, even though he wrote a gospel of Jesus' teachings?
<quoted text>
You rebuke the non-canonical texts - that clearly show additional teachings - so you aren't telling the truth here.
Do you want me to point out other areas that you limit "God" in?
<quoted text>
Men wrote the Bible - yes you do.
Men chose what books are to be int he Bible - yes you do.
Men chose to destroy and burn other books that are not in the Bible - yes you do.
"God" has never been proven, but only men proclaim this truth - yes you do.
<quoted text>
Personal relationship you say. Correct - no religion is required.
Self.
Why do you promote the aspects of Self - "a one on one relationship with God" - but in the same breath - reject this entity. IMO - because you believe what men told you to believe.
I for one - believe that "God" hasn't spoke to anyone in quite some time now, so all of thes actions you seem to think you are taking - "but look straight ahead unto the Lord for our teaching and guiding." - also show the actions that you are required to take.
I have said that I have been to many different churches and do not want to be called by a denominational name and that is the truth. I do align more closely with the Pentecostal beliefs. I am not saying they are the one and the only church or that they have it all figured out and others do not. I am just saying that is the one that align closer with in my beliefs.

I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost and in the spiritual gifts spoken of in Corinthians. So I believe God does continue to talk us and that it has not been a long time since he has spoken to man. He talks to each of us daily if we are saved and listen to his voice.

Jesus said in John 10
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

In order for us to know his voice he has to talk to us, right. So yes, I believe that he still talks to man if they will listen to him and know his voice.

Let's Play

#557027 Aug 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....there are christian posters on this forum who do not belong to a church.
......If you are happy with your life that's all that matters. I don't believe you need to throw life preservers to the rest of us..........well!.....Maybe Hojo.
I am only quoting scriptures and not preaching or anything. I do not believe that woman can be preachers or teachers. I am only stating what I have read in the Bible and testifying as to what I believe. My sincere belief is that there is not just one church that will make it or one set of people. I am no judge. Some people may not go to church for the simple fact that they have been hurt by judgement made of them by people there. I am in no wise saying those people will be lost. God knows his people....In my opinion anyone who accepts Jesus as the Christ and is doing the best that they can and what they know to do out of a sincere heart....is God's people and shall be saved. I think God only asks us to do the best that we can for him and when we do we shall grow in his grace and his knowledge.

2 Corinthians 8

12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.

Let's Play

#557028 Aug 26, 2014
Read this verse Oxbow and see what you think of it....Oh and I am sorry for calling you Oxbore, I Just restated what atemcowboy said and didn't really remember your screen name there....sorry about that.

Galatians 1

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

I think that means that they removed themselves...in my opinion.

Let's Play

#557029 Aug 26, 2014
To Dust Storm:

Galatians 1
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 7 hr Eric 4
News Why did Melania Trump wear a head covering at t... 9 hr nanoanomaly 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr Jasonville 84,711
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 15 hr Chilli J 14
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... Fri BB Board 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
More from around the web