Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641492 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#556457 Aug 24, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I can do the math ... you obviously cannot.
-
ONCE AGAIN -- When the Protestants FINALLY catch up with the Catholics as far as aggression and hegemony goes ... I will give them equal grief. You see? They have not yet earned it, as it were.
-
So, doing the math (for the umpteenth time) we have 1,500 years to wait - and that is ONLY *IF* the Catholics sit out the next 1,500 years.
Capisce?
-
But what can a sociopath know, anyhow, as per honesty and fairness? YOU who DELIBERATELY TORMENTED a woman who had just lost her husband? and gloated that you were proud of yourself for having done so?
-
Yeah. The Catholics who GAVE THE (Christian) WORLD Murder in the Name of God, via Constantine - and now we have Islam as a by product of that.
-
YOU yourself are Fair and Truthful, June in the same manner as a Catholic is.
-
They are boo-hooing because ISIS is assassinating Catholics over there in Iraq .... when those people learned their craft by watching the Catholics ..... re: Constantine for 300 years before Mohammad made his appearance.
-
Go away with your "fair and truthful" crap, June. You're acting like a Catholic for goodness sakes.
How much time do you protestants think you'll need to catch up with your brethren?

Columbus, OH

#556458 Aug 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear on your troubles. May the,Lord Jesus, give you healing in body and Spirit
As for the MIDDLE east , too much to comment , except I pray this election will see more conservative AND Pro Israel people elected...among many other traits . We need to preserve some,of what made,this,country a Christian nation and ally for Israel.
. I'd,like,to say I'm surprised we are not supporting Israel as always, but I'm not ...
I know,His plan is,already written,AND the end shall not be written by man....
but I'd hate to see this country meet the fate of those,who curse the descendants,of Abraham ...
Peace to you and blessings .
Israel is not our friend.

To paraphrase Captain Kirk referring to the Klingons: Don't trust them. Don't believe them. If they are dying, let them die.
jethro8

Hingham, MA

#556459 Aug 24, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Jethro good to see you. Hope your doing well....God Bless
hi sera, for the most part I'm doing ok, I do have a little trouble with gastritis and the valve in my throat is a little week, I have to go see a speech therapist to try and help me strengthen it. I guess what they call puddling is happening in my throat, when I eat i'm not swallowing everything it's just sitting there and getting into my lungs if I lay down and turn my head/body side ways the fluid/food goes down my wind pipe, right now it's not that bad just have to eat sitting up, no more snacking in bed watching t.v. any more :(, the good news out of all this no signs of cancer were found anywhere, Sept. 9th I go for pet scan and if everything looks ok I go back on the chemo drug I've been taking. So how are things going with you? you and the family enjoying the last days of summer?

Columbus, OH

#556460 Aug 24, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
not to me but that is OK.
now read my lips very closely.
God doesn't and Never will [remove] us from His Grace, IF WE CONTINUE IN GRACE.
we do that ourself. for instance, you breaking the laws of the land by smoking dope. that is a sinful lifestyle contrary to what God wishes for us.
WE VIOLATE HIS PRINCIPLES AND LEAD A SINFUL LIFESTYLE.
THE onus is all on us, so don't Blame God in this FALSE DOCTRINE OF OSAS.
we are responsible to WORK OUT OUR OWN SALVATION AFTER WE ARE SAVED,
AND IF WE CONTINUE IN SIN, HIS GRACE WILL NOT BE GIVEN TO US SINCE WE WOULD TRAMPLE(AS IT IS) ON THAT GRACE.
IF YOU WOULD SHUT UP AND JUST LISTEN FOR AWHILE, YOU COULD UNDERSTAND THAT IS [WE] WHO WALK AWAY FROM GOD, HOWEVER ON THE OTHER HAND ,IF WE CONTINUE TO STRIVE TO OBEY HIM AND LIVE FOR HIM, OUR SALVATION IS SECURE.
but knowing you as I do, you are one; to stupid to understand or 2; you are to stubborn to listen to the Truth.
# 3; you will lose your soul and never even know that you did.
I once had a girlfriend named Grace.

I tried to continue in her, but she would have none of it.

So I decided to date Faith.

Faith was much easier.

She required little maintenance, would come whenever called, and complied with every demand.

Columbus, OH

#556461 Aug 24, 2014
If I offended anyone, please send all hate mail to June.

She's used to it.
jethro8

Hingham, MA

#556462 Aug 24, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....things are different today Jethro.
.... Most catholics today skip church and go right to the game. At 9 o'clock Sunday mornings I see more people at my local coffee shop than those heading to church.
.......I understand those that are devout about their faith, but their numbers are dwindling.
...Vatican II has been a disaster for the church. Today we have radical priests and according to the Vatican radical feminist nuns who are defying the Vatican.
....The church needs a new plan. Scaring people doesn't work anymore.
your right, they don't have the control they use to have back in the early days of the last century, scaring movie and TV executors and other organizations that didn't bend to their will with boycotts, against these groups, luckily people smartened up and realized the church was nothing to fear, for all we know the church probably saw profits being made in the entertainment business so they backed off and bought stock in movie an T.V. organizations. radical changes took place in the 60's as we know thanks to a war no one wanted to be involved in, and the church was basically ignored, and slowly over the decades they totally disgraced themselves, I feel sorry for the people who believed in the church and turns out they were following a group of sick minded people to this very day.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#556463 Aug 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris Lam ???????
Really Robert? That's a,New concept I read on here last week .
They don't see Jesus as the Messiah, or THE WAY , the truth and the Light ..
RoSesz

Peace

It would be hard to see that the two belief systems would ever be united into one. But consider it more like a family,(three children; an Israelite, a Christian, and a Muslim), all under the faith and promise of Abraham.

These children, like yours will go off and lead different lives, and serve God, by His own Will, for the good of each. Therefore, it is essential, that we treat each other as brothers and sisters, while here on earth...i.e. family. And Paul describes this well, and does Jesus, in loving each other.

It is apparent however, that sibling rivalry and differences occur, and that a parent often favors one child over another, but that does not mean that the parent loves any of them less. The same is true of God and His family.
jethro8

Hingham, MA

#556464 Aug 24, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
The Word of God says: Ac 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
And all Catholics say: Ac 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men....with the except of the vicar of Christ...the pope!!!!!
1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man. why does this happen a lot in the bible? contradictions. so which one is true

Columbus, OH

#556465 Aug 24, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man. why does this happen a lot in the bible? contradictions. so which one is true
Bam!

Now enter the apologetics on the count of three.

One, two,.....

jethro8

Hingham, MA

#556466 Aug 24, 2014
Share318 Share via Email

The Newark, N.J., Roman Catholic Archdiocese has told pastors and Catholic school officials that holding Ice Bucket Challenges — the popular fad that has raised millions of dollars to combat a crippling illness ALS — conflicts with church teachings by funding embryonic stem-cell research.

The warning was issued in a letter from a church official and with the blessing of Archbishop John J. Myers. It said some of the research funded by the ALS Association, which receives much of the money from the Ice Bucket Challenge, involves embryonic stem-cell research, which is opposed by the Catholic Church because of conflicts with its stance against abortion.

The challenge involves dumping ice water on participants’ heads and donating money for research into amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. The Rev. Lawrence Fama, director of the archdiocesan Office of Respect Life, called the challenge “a stunt” that can be “fun and engaging,” but questioned whether the practice conflicts with “Catholic moral teaching.”

Newark is one of just a few dioceses across the nation that have issued advisories about the Ice Bucket Challenge, which has become a social media sensation.

The archdiocese sent the letter Thursday to principals at all 94 Catholic schools in the archdiocese, and to pastors and religious education staff at 218 parishes. It suggested sending donations to organizations that don’t use embryonic stem-cell research.

The ALS Association responded to the warnings with a statement saying it primarily funds adult stem-cell research, which is not opposed by the Catholic Church. The statement went on to say that the association is funding one study that uses embryonic stem cells, and that research is funded by “one specific donor who is committed to this area of research.”

“In fact, donors may stipulate that their funds not be invested in this study or any stem-cell project,” the statement said.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#556467 Aug 24, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
It would be hard to see that the two belief systems would ever be united into one. But consider it more like a family,(three children; an Israelite, a Christian, and a Muslim), all under the faith and promise of Abraham.
These children, like yours will go off and lead different lives, and serve God, by His own Will, for the good of each. Therefore, it is essential, that we treat each other as brothers and sisters, while here on earth...i.e. family. And Paul describes this well, and does Jesus, in loving each other.
It is apparent however, that sibling rivalry and differences occur, and that a parent often favors one child over another, but that does not mean that the parent loves any of them less. The same is true of God and His family.
There is a major difference between Isaac and Ishamael. God promised Abraham he would be the father of many nations but also promised Abraham that from his seed He would make one great nation. It was then through Isaac's seed the nation of Israel would come, not Ishmael.. Isaac's son Jacob was first called Israel.

Genesis 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing

Genesis 17:20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

Genesis 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Genesis 21:18 Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation.

Genesis 21:10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.

Genesis 21:12 And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

Genesis 21:13 And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556468 Aug 24, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
hi sera, for the most part I'm doing ok, I do have a little trouble with gastritis and the valve in my throat is a little week, I have to go see a speech therapist to try and help me strengthen it. I guess what they call puddling is happening in my throat, when I eat i'm not swallowing everything it's just sitting there and getting into my lungs if I lay down and turn my head/body side ways the fluid/food goes down my wind pipe, right now it's not that bad just have to eat sitting up, no more snacking in bed watching t.v. any more :(, the good news out of all this no signs of cancer were found anywhere, Sept. 9th I go for pet scan and if everything looks ok I go back on the chemo drug I've been taking. So how are things going with you? you and the family enjoying the last days of summer?
Nick had the same problem and had to do therapy as well. Just take one day at a time. I am very happy to hear that there is no signs of cancer!! Just keep on doing what your doing!! I have been g trying to keep myself busy around the house. I am painting all the rooms and fixing things up a bit different. Landyn ( my 3 year old grandson) is now an employee of Lowes..lol They gave him a Lowes apron and took his picture and posted it on the employee's board. lol Landyn loves that store. I take him there when ever I need supplies and he walks around with his green walker and his fedora hat and says " I love Lowes" lol....He keeps me going. Fall is my favorite time of year. I am hoping to be able to get to Ma. to visit my sister.. I keep you in my prayers!!! God Bless...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556469 Aug 24, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it shouldn't let it get to me but it does, they call themselves the true church, but they try an stop people who are trying to help others from dying from a horrible disease, again another reason that points out the fact that the Vatican statement is a lie, would a true institution of god allow this? I doubt it if anything he would be in support of it, since he chooses not to do anything himself, I don't see why he would stop man from helping man. the research is not hurting no one, as I stated before the stem cells being used to try an find a cure from this disease are coming from adults who are alive an well, so they can't cry foul for using stem cells from babies, this nut bag in cincy is just trying to get his name in the

paper. with all the sins they have committed, they are the last one who should be speaking out against a noble worthy cause. but then again if you don't belong or donate money to their phony institution, they could care less about any man, woman, and child.
....Look what the nuns in america are going through. They are under investigation by the Vatican. They got themselves educated, many teach at universities and some are better educated than the bishops and the bishops don't like it one bit.

.....Other nuns are working in the trenches helping young girls and those afflicted with diseases and doing it hands on. What are the bishops doing? Sitting in their easy boy chairs drinking Sherry watching Jerry Springer and Oprah.

..Google ........Nuns blast bishops..........and Google....inquisition nuns...

......The church is fractured

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556470 Aug 24, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Talmud is nothing but a corruption from the Babylonian Mystery religions. The Talmud is thoroughly corrupt.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
I agree that the Talmud was corrupt. The Jews that wrote it claimed to know the one and only universal truth.

The old testament was derived FROM the Talmud and the new testament was derived from the old testament.

That means that the literature used to write the old and new testament was corrupt.

What a BUMMER ... HUH???

It proves that truth can't be created from a source of lies.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556471 Aug 24, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
42,300!......100 new bible only (contradicting) new denominations.....An increase from 24 hours ago
WOW!!!..... I wonder where they came from? Do you think many came from your church?

Prince George, Canada

#556472 Aug 24, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Did you guys know that John Hagee,another of todays FALSE PROPHETS stated that Christ did not come to the earth to die when He came.
Now if those are not the makings of a FALSE PROPHET then I don't know who is.
Are only those in that align universal truth to your religion the REAL prophets???

I suggest you are a religious manipulator, as are all religionists who claim to own the REAL prophecies that came from the only real prophets.

Manipulatorology.

Prince George, Canada

#556473 Aug 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes mam!!
. If the,Lord wills it, we shall meet someday !!!
Just "imagine" the joyous reunion you will have with hojo when you meet up in heaven.

By the way ... do you "imagine" that Catholics and Protestants will share heaven with each other ... or will one take half of heaven and the other take the other half of heaven???

After all ... it's not "polite" to be a heaven-hog.

:)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#556474 Aug 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris Lam ???????
Really Robert? That's a,New concept I read on here last week .
They don't see Jesus as the Messiah, or THE WAY , the truth and the Light ..
We as Christians must always lead a path of peace with all,especially those who seek our council, with earnest desire to KNOW the Lord. But we must also stand firm against aggression that comes from religious factions to destroy the culture and faith of all. ISIS,is nothing new when it comes to Islam,as the first followers of Muhammad lead campaigns of vanquish throughout the known Middle Eastern countries of that day. Many were killed if they did not convert to Islam,and beheading was common practice. One thousand Jews were slaughtered in Medina in retaliation by Muhammad for rejection of his theology he claimed came from Allah.

This quest by Islam to dominate the world could very well succeed,but Not if we believers arise and call out to God to help us,the same for the Jews as well to join us in believing the God of Israel. Christians need to stop having seminars to improve their knowledge of their own faith,and start praying together with strong pleading to God. Actually we need to humble ourselves before Him.

The Muslims humble themselves before Allah,and they have created a successful campaign of terrorism in this world today,ISIS,being the most sophisticated and well financed onslaught against the FREE World. We want our government to quick fix a death blow to the ISIS fanaticism,and that may backfire on us all,as we see that group still gaining momentum.It is God alone who knows how to destroy such a menace.However let's not stop bombing them in both Syria and Iraq.

Cozing up to Islam is not the answer,as the constituents of that religion only know one concept,Islam is the religion of Allah,and they must convert the world to it,every true Muslim feels that way.If we show a solidarity toward Islam in any way it of course is welcome by Muslims,but they ultimately want to see our faith in Christ destroyed,and to submit to Allah and accepting Muhammad as the true Prophet of God. There is no such compromise known to Muslims,and we Christians are to believe the same way. It is one thing to treat your neighbor who may be a Muslim, with respect and love as much as possible to show a true witness of who we are in Christ,but to join them in unified efforts to "understand" each other better,when in fact it is well known that intolerance is a Muslim trait. Muslims believe that their numbers can overwhelm and turn politics in their favor.

If we want Sharia,than now we should get together with them and bribe those whom we can to make it easy on us through corruption and compromise. These days are dark,and getting darker,but we can make a difference,by humbling ourselves before the Living God and repenting in large gatherings of Christians crying out to the LORD for His mercy to prevail.That has always worked in the past.

Prince George, Canada

#556475 Aug 24, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear on your troubles. May the,Lord Jesus, give you healing in body and Spirit
Maybe if Jesus thinks LTM is a heretic, Jesus' will is that he DOES suffer.

You better not pray a prayer that offends Jesus, or Jesus might smite with his love.

:)

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556476 Aug 24, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by lower case saved, like it's a temporary saving? Or do you believe since you used the noun Saved, it means something eternal? Blessings
I am saved only if I continue in following the Word of God and pressing toward the high mark. I must fight the good fight which is with the Word of God. I cannot use Grace as a cloak and just sit back and sin having faith that I will be saved anyhow. If I willfully sin, and continue to do so, I am not saved. That would be like God casting his pearls to the swine.

Anyhow I think Paul explains this in Philippians 3 is an example.

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr I recently left 10,102
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) 19 hr Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 21 hr truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web