Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637823 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556417 Aug 23, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
NO ONE CAN UNDO THE PAST,......BUT WE CAN CHANGE OUR FUTURE..AND OUR DESTINY...
2Co 6:1 We then, as workers together
with him,
beseech you also
that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2Co 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and
in the day of salvation have I succoured thee:
behold,
NOW is the accepted time; behold,
NOW is the day of salvation.)
Amen to that.....because it is the Word of God and you are right on.

And to June another verse comes to mind:
Revelations 22
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

God is willing to save you give you peace and joy, but it is your choice June.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556418 Aug 23, 2014
The Talmud was PURE monotheistic Judaism.

After that, it all went sliding down hill from one lot of disgruntled Jews to another, until they ended up with a new testament of lies that suited Christians.

Let's Play

#556419 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What if Jesus and God decide between their selves that you are far too arrogant to deserve salvation?
:)
Quoting the word of God is not arrogance it is knowledge.

Prince George, Canada

#556420 Aug 23, 2014
The biggest lie of all religion is that a Jewish Rabbi (Rabboni ... GREAT TEACHER of Judaism)... would want to join up with any Christian group of ex-Jewish radicals.

THAT lie was and IS a humdinger.

Let's Play

#556421 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish literature was "so good" according to the Christians, that the old testament and the new testament was plagiarized from that Jewish "material."
Those 2 (Old and New) go hand in hand and give a valid explanation as to why there are 2 the Old and New......

Prince George, Canada

#556422 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Quoting the word of God is not arrogance it is knowledge.
The Muslims would agree with you ... but only as long as THEY are the ones doing the quoting from the Qur'an.

The world Allah means God.

Prince George, Canada

#556423 Aug 23, 2014
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Rabbi

The titles were used with different degrees of honor; the lowest being rab, master; then rabbi, my master; next rabban, our master; and greatest of all, rabboni, my great master.

Let's Play

#556424 Aug 23, 2014
WHEN SHE HAD AN ENCOUNTER WITH JESUS THE WOMAN AT JACOBS WELL
SAID..
Joh 4:29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?
JESUS HAD NOT INTRODUCES THE WOMAN TO A CHURCH, NOR A RELIGIOUS SOCIETY..
Joh 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Joh 4:26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.
.He was THE SON OF GOD.....
PROVING HIS WORDS WHEN SAID
Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and
he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Amen the same verses and message has been on my mind.....I think God is extending out an offer for someone to be saved, here.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#556425 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.
Baptism
It was universally taught by churchmen that children who died unbaptized would suffer forever in hell.
JESUS SET FORTH A LITTLE CHILD AS AN EXAMPLE OF PURE INNOCENT....WHO RECEIVES HIS
[ UNMER'ITED,
Not merited; not deserved; obtained without service or equivalent; .... GIFT OF SALVATION ...UNRESERVEDLY BY FAITH.

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Mat 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Mat 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Prince George, Canada

#556426 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>Quoting the word of God is not arrogance it is knowledge.
Do you have complete faith that you are saved, or don't you???

You can't have it both ways ... because to doubt means HELL. There is NO in between.

You wanted your dose of Christianity, and now it owns YOU.

Prince George, Canada

#556427 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>Those 2 (Old and New) go hand in hand and give a valid explanation as to why there are 2 the Old and New......
Had the Christians not used the literature of the Jews ... they would have NO religion whatsoever.

They plagiarized ... they cut out what they didn't want ... and added the Jesus myth from the Greek word Ihcuc ... which means FISH.

Prince George, Canada

#556428 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>
JESUS SET FORTH A LITTLE CHILD AS AN EXAMPLE OF PURE INNOCENT....WHO RECEIVES HIS
I asked you a question.

What if Jesus and God believes between the two of them that you are far too arrogant to deserve salvation?

Surely there must be a scripture to fit that "occasion."

Oh WAIT ... I found one.

King James Bible

Galatians 5:26 &#9658;

Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

United States

#556429 Aug 23, 2014
guest wrote:
well, at least he HAS / they have (Catholic priests and popes) progressed past torturing and murdering heretics .... that's a good thing .
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
Again you are not being at all fair or truthful.
Protestants were the first Christians in America and it was those Protestants that were killing each other as heretics and witches ... NOT Catholics.
The Catholics were busy in Europe committing "their" bloody deeds in the name of GOD.
-
-
I can do the math ... you obviously cannot.
-
ONCE AGAIN -- When the Protestants FINALLY catch up with the Catholics as far as aggression and hegemony goes ... I will give them equal grief. You see? They have not yet earned it, as it were.
-
So, doing the math (for the umpteenth time) we have 1,500 years to wait - and that is ONLY *IF* the Catholics sit out the next 1,500 years.
Capisce?
-
But what can a sociopath know, anyhow, as per honesty and fairness? YOU who DELIBERATELY TORMENTED a woman who had just lost her husband? and gloated that you were proud of yourself for having done so?
-
Yeah. The Catholics who GAVE THE (Christian) WORLD Murder in the Name of God, via Constantine - and now we have Islam as a by product of that.
-
YOU yourself are Fair and Truthful, June in the same manner as a Catholic is.
-
They are boo-hooing because ISIS is assassinating Catholics over there in Iraq .... when those people learned their craft by watching the Catholics ..... re: Constantine for 300 years before Mohammad made his appearance.
-
Go away with your "fair and truthful" crap, June. You're acting like a Catholic for goodness sakes.

Prince George, Canada

#556430 Aug 23, 2014
More plagiarism by the Christians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Origin of the Christian Fish Symbol

The fish was also established in the Middle East with the goddess of Ephesus who covered her genital region with a fish amulet. There is also a tale of the fish that swallowed the penis of Osiris.

In India, the Goddess Kali was called the fish-eyed one. The fish symbol has been identified with reincarnation and the life force. There was one group in India that believed that a fish held the soul of a deceased person. As part of fertility, the fish is eaten in order to reincarnate the soul in a newborn child.

Celts and other European pagan cultures link the fish to fertility, sexuality, and birth. The fish symbol, long before Christianity, was known as the Great Mother. Fish deities and shrines have been found all over the region.

In the ancient world, there are many other symbolisms found for the fish. In China, the symbol of the fish stands for the Great Mother Kwan-yin. In Egypt, Isis was called the Great Fish of the Abyss. In Scandinavia, Freya, the Great Goddess was honored by the eating of fish. The 6th day of the week was called Friday after her. In the Mediterranean, mysterious religions used fish, wine, and bread for their sacramental meal. In Greece, the word delphos meant womb and fish.

The early Christian church adopted this symbol.

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-origin-christian -...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#556431 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish literature was "so good" according to the Christians, that the old testament and the new testament was plagiarized from that Jewish "material."
The Talmud is nothing but a corruption from the Babylonian Mystery religions. The Talmud is thoroughly corrupt.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#556432 Aug 23, 2014
Did you guys know that John Hagee,another of todays FALSE PROPHETS stated that Christ did not come to the earth to die when He came.
Now if those are not the makings of a FALSE PROPHET then I don't know who is.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#556433 Aug 23, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="RoSesz"]<quo ted text>
Any time ..I rarely go anywhere myself . I take 2 weeks to pack to see my boys lol .
Wouldn't it be great to get to meet for coffee or tea anytime in the winter ....
Summers too hot to go out, imo, but I love winter when it's,drops below 70 .
We'd have fun though I have a feeling we'd probably laugh so much they'd send the
White coats,:)
----------
I think that you are right. But it's O.K....the joy of the Lord is our strength !!!
Yes mam!!
. If the,Lord wills it, we shall meet someday !!!
What are the odds we even met here?
I don't believe in coincidence , especially things that BLESS us.
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#556434 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>
[ UNMER'ITED,
Not merited; not deserved; obtained without service or equivalent; .... GIFT OF SALVATION ...UNRESERVEDLY BY FAITH.
Hey

It would be nice if you could explain the disconnect you seem to have between what you preach, mr G-I-F, and what you seem to believe.

What am I missing , that God could remove one's faith? or

That we receive the Gift and are born-anew therefore being raised up by God and then our Father see's us sin and leaves us forever?

Did you see where Billy Graham apparently will pay for preaching God offers one eternal life? So this is an issue that is important for having communion with each other and it does matter with eternal things.

over, hey Kay Marie:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#556435 Aug 23, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
HI , PRESTON HOPE ALL IS GOOD , I HAVE NOT BEEN ON TO MUCH.
I HAVE HAD A LITTLE SET BACK, I CAN'T WALK VERY WELL RIGHT NOW.
I AM BENT RIGHT OVER ADVANCE ARTHRITIS IN MY SPINE AND HIPS.
WELL THE MIDDLE EAST HAS EXPLODED NO SURPRISE WE KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.
OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, IS COMING VERY SOON. PRAISE THE LORD.
MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAIMLY.
GOD BLESS. Elaine
Sorry to hear on your troubles. May the,Lord Jesus, give you healing in body and Spirit

As for the MIDDLE east , too much to comment , except I pray this election will see more conservative AND Pro Israel people elected...among many other traits . We need to preserve some,of what made,this,country a Christian nation and ally for Israel.
. I'd,like,to say I'm surprised we are not supporting Israel as always, but I'm not ...

I know,His plan is,already written,AND the end shall not be written by man....

but I'd hate to see this country meet the fate of those,who curse the descendants,of Abraham ...

Peace to you and blessings .

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#556436 Aug 23, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for those Prayers. I am kinda bummed out right now. Justin is going back to China to work. He has accepted a position with the United Nations, and I don't want him to leave, but he is of age so all I can do is wish him well.
Sorry to hear Preston , it's awful when they move off but then we,DID raise them to be able to live their lives. May the Lord be with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) Mon nanoanomaly 1,965
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Mr Sir 10,082
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web