Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681699 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556329 Aug 23, 2014
The so-named father of Wicca, Gerald Gardner didn't state that the goddesses wanted homosexuals stoned to death or even harmed ... but he did state that the goddess "cursed" homosexuals.

I guess in the "light" of religious circles that could be referred to as harm.

What a lot of hooey humans have peddled as truth from gods and goddesses.

YUCK!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556330 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Link please. And none if this says the pope is a substitute for Christ.
http://www.proofdirectory.org/in-1895-an-arti... -

....Pope Leo XIII said these things about the role of the Papacy and the Roman Church:
Our thoughts went out towards the immense multitude of those who are strangers to the gladness that filled all Catholic hearts: some because they lie in absolute ignorance of the Gospel; others because they dissent from the Catholic belief, though they bear the name of Christians.

This thought has been, and is, a source of deep concern to Us; for it is impossible to think of such a large portion of mankind deviating, as it were, from the right path, as they move away from Us, and not experience a sentiment of innermost grief. But since We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty...

But the supreme teacher in the Church is the Roman Pontiff. Union of minds, therefore, requires, together with a perfect accord in the one faith, complete submission and obedience of will to the Church and to the Roman Pontiff,.....AS TO GOD HIMSELF.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556331 Aug 23, 2014
I'm thankful I will never have to apologize to a homosexual, because the fact IS, I cared more for homosexuals than I cared about paying any heed to a biblical scripture written by men with homophobic mindsets, who in turn wanted to blame a god for their own homophobia.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556332 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the pope must have taken lead from Billy Graham and thought to his self ... "I can't allow that damned Protestant to up-stage ME in having a nice-guy image."
:)
Of course the modern Pagans already had the lead on Billy Graham and pope Francis when they claimed that the goddess loves everybody ... even homosexuals.
The stories have more and more flavor as each modern preacher tries to outdo the other.
.....There are instances that the church decides that some decisions popes do is infallible and the rest of what they do can be questionable..........OK!(lol)

.....Back in the 1854 Pope Pius IX claimed the immaculate conception of Mary then a few years later the vatican council doctrine declared Mary ascended into heaven body and soul. So someone in the church authority had to declare that it was the holy spirit invoking all these infallible doctrine decisions made by the pope.

.......There have been 3 instances within 80 years of the churches 2000 year history of an officially declared Papal Infallible doctrine. The first was in 1854, when Pope Pius IX declared the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception (The blessed Virgin Mary was conceived in St. Anne's womb free from original sin), then in 1870 at the first Vatican Council when the doctrine of Papal Infalliblity was officially declared to be true, and then in 1950 by Pope Pius XII when he declared the doctrine of the Assumption (the blessed Virgin Mary was assumed body and soul into Heaven).

.....some times the pope can be infallible, sometimes not. The vatican council decides when they get the green light from the holy spirit to invoke such measures.

.......I wonder when the next council gets the green light again from the HS.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556333 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the pope must have taken lead from Billy Graham and thought to his self ... "I can't allow that damned Protestant to up-stage ME in having a nice-guy image."
:)
Of course the modern Pagans already had the lead on Billy Graham and pope Francis when they claimed that the goddess loves everybody ... even homosexuals.
The stories have more and more flavor as each modern preacher tries to outdo the other.
.....So June according to Pope Francis if we are wrong,(atheist, agnostic) then we will then be eligible to enter the kingdom of heaven to be with the rest of the posters on here.

....I am not getting too excited about meeting Hojo, in the after life.(lol)

....hell must be a lot smaller place than we originally thought if the Pope is increasing the number of lanes running into heaven.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556334 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is God's son. Jesus was the only sacrifice that God deemed worthy to take our sins away. If you do not believe in him you shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of heaven. If you don't have Jesus then you don't have God.
Amen!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556335 Aug 23, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. There were lots of stuff going around in the 19th century. It even spawned a political party (the 'know nothing party) bent on destroying Catholicism. They were the ones who stood at Ellis island and through crap at the Irish Catholics. They tricked them into joining the Army during the civil war and laughed when the expendable Catholic was sent to the front. They spread so much garbage about Catholicism.'Pope was the anti Christ', torture murder torture murder. Lol.A lot of it still sticks today.. guest could have been their 'vice president of field operations'.
I'm not saying your post isn't worded right, but its definately taken out of context. The Church doesnt teach what you're implying.
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing
......If catholics aren't doing anything wrong why so much anti catholic throughout history?

....just google anti-cattholic, and pages! and pages! come up.

....something is terribly wrong Liam.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556336 Aug 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
....Not according to emeritus Pope Benedict, and Pope Francis.

....Pope Benedict says "conscientious agnostics may be closer to God than ‘social’ Catholics".

http://protectthepope.com/...

Here’s what Pope Francis said about atheists:

Pope Francis

Stephen Driscoll

........The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone!‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class! We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all! And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter that so much. We must meet one another doing good.‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.

http://www.catholicvote.org/what-pope-francis...

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556337 Aug 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
....Its obvious you have already pre-judged everyone based on YOUR understanding of christian only scriptures.

....I am sure there are billions of people through history never heard of Jesus, and many today for their own reasons interpret beliefs differently than you do.

....If there is a judgement day, I am sure you won't be one of the judges.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#556338 Aug 23, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you don't know the origins of vicar of Christ? You should, your church fathers created it. You should know who you follow.
Vicar of Christ
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/627...
vicar,(from Latin vicarius,“substitute”), an official acting in some special way for a superior, primarily an ecclesiastical title in the Christian Church. In the Roman Empire as reorganized by Emperor Diocletian (reigned 284–305), the vicarius was an important official, and the title remained in use for secular officials in the Middle Ages. In the Roman Catholic Church,“vicar of Christ” became the special designation of the popes starting in the 8th century, and eventually it replaced the older title of “vicar of St. Peter.”
Another evil the Apostle Peter had nothing to do with, just blamed for.
USA, once again you're taking a huge leap and twisting it into something the Church has never done or said. Jesus gave authority. He intended for His Church to continue on with leaders. The Catholic Church has never said or taught that the popes or leaders are "substituting" for Christ. We do no believe the pope is divine.

What kind of Christian are you that you would continue to repeat these lies? Why do you keep coming up with new ones? What's your purpose here? Are you so insecure in your faith that you have to lie about and tear down the faith if others
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556339 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>In the beginning God created the world. In Genesis 1 vrs. 26 God said let us make man in our image, after our likeness.....
Who do you think he was talking to?
Hint....it was not Abraham or Muhammad.
Muhammad is supposed to be the messenger of Allah......

Where does that leave Jesus?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556340 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>I do not send people to eternal hell. They send themselves it is their choice not mine to make for them. However, I do not wish that any would go to hell but like I said, it is up to them on that one.
Yes, people have the choice and will answer for their choice....
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#556341 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.proofdirectory.org/in-1895-an-arti... -
....Pope Leo XIII said these things about the role of the Papacy and the Roman Church:
Our thoughts went out towards the immense multitude of those who are strangers to the gladness that filled all Catholic hearts: some because they lie in absolute ignorance of the Gospel; others because they dissent from the Catholic belief, though they bear the name of Christians.
This thought has been, and is, a source of deep concern to Us; for it is impossible to think of such a large portion of mankind deviating, as it were, from the right path, as they move away from Us, and not experience a sentiment of innermost grief. But since We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty...
But the supreme teacher in the Church is the Roman Pontiff. Union of minds, therefore, requires, together with a perfect accord in the one faith, complete submission and obedience of will to the Church and to the Roman Pontiff,.....AS TO GOD HIMSELF.
Still no reference to the pope being Christ's substitute. What kind of a link is this? If the Church believed the pope is Christ's substitute don't you think there'd actually be some teaching to that effect?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556342 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>Yes, and thank God I am not Muslim. But if I were, I know that God gives everyone a chance to be saved so it is still their choice to make. They can believe a lie and be damned or they can turn unto the truth, Jesus Christ our Savior.
Do we understand that Muhammad is a law unto himself???

You,[O Muhammad], may put aside whom you will of them or take to yourself whom you will. And any that you desire of those [wives] from whom you had [temporarily] separated - there is no blame upon you [in returning her]. That is more suitable that they should be content and not grieve and that they should be satisfied with what you have given them - all of them. And Allah knows what is in your hearts. And ever is Allah Knowing and Forbearing.

Only Muhammad could defer or take wives as he pleased.

Was this part of God's plan???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556343 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>Billy Graham is not working for God. He is working for financial gain. If he includes Muslims then he hopes that he will be able to increase his profits and monetary gain. Who knows he might also include satanist if the price is right!!!
Billy Graham is a false teacher teaching the false doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved in which he will have to answer for this.......
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556344 Aug 23, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no reference to the pope being Christ's substitute. What kind of a link is this? If the Church believed the pope is Christ's substitute don't you think there'd actually be some teaching to that effect?
....I never said the church said that.

,....Some Previous popes and some Vatican officials have claimed such things as the pope being divine or as God himself.

.....learn to research yourself. I'm tired of doing the lifting.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#556345 Aug 23, 2014
http://defendingthecatholictruth.blogspot.com...

Excellent link which shreds to pieces the canard about the pope being "Christ's substitute" .
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556346 Aug 23, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
........And ever is Allah Knowing and Forbearing.

Only Muhammad could defer or take wives as he pleased.
Was this part of God's plan???
....If you were born by chance a Muslim you would have no problem believing this.

......religious indoctrination more often than not determines what you believe about your deity and what it teaches.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#556347 Aug 23, 2014
The Bible says people who do not like to retain God in their knowledge shall be turned over to a reprobate mind.
There are many reprobates in this world.
Reprobate mind.....because of their total abandonment of God, He allowed to be without any sense of judgment concerning right and wrong.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#556348 Aug 23, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....I never said the church said that.
,....Some Previous popes and some Vatican officials have claimed such things as the pope being divine or as God himself.
.....learn to research yourself. I'm tired of doing the lifting.
USA did, and you jumped in to save his ass as you always do when someone attacking the Church with fabricated crap is shown wrong. Those statement are either made up, unable to be sourced or taken totally out of context. If that's your idea of "research", I don't think you understand the word. And naturally you have no link to these statements. You're a joke Mike, always have been, always will be.

As an aside, presto and quite a few other fundie kook preachers claim to be apostles and have been visited by the resurrected Jesus. Why never a peep from you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web