Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603174 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#555917 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>I am not now or ever been a believer in OSAS. I just hope that they will truly be saved one day and understand that you cannot intentionally sin after being saved. If you do that God and Jesus will not walk with you. He will not dwell in an unclean vessel.
I know that you cannot continue in sin once you have been born again. I also know that we do make mistakes, and if we didn't willfully sin (just made a mistake) and we ask sincerely to be forgiven God will forgive us.
My whole question really was I don't understand how OSAS can't comprehend what the Bible says about sin and the state of backsliding. I don't understand how they can believe such a thing as once in grace always in grace when the Bible is contrary to this belief.
....you believe this only because this is all you were taught from infancy. If by chance you were born to a loving protestant/jewish,/Islam family your beliefs would be entirely different.

...do you not get that?
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555918 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been away but one thing remains the same. Your posts are still stupid that bring nothing to the forum. At least throw in a "42,000 denominations" or "you re no authority on scripture".
That is the catholic go to reply when the scripture presented contradicts their doctrine.
You provide no Scripture that contradicts my faith, you got that? They are ONLY YOUR INTERPRETATIONS. I'm not yelling, I'm not angry. I just want u to realize: it's just your interpretations.. You can not provide documentation of anyone believing as you do about those verses. And to be honest, Catholicism has a very easy time proving to be Scripturally sound. Its you guys who have to struggle navigating your way around problematic verses.
And correct Chuck- although u may be a nice guy who loves Jesus Christ- you are no authority on Sacred Scripture. Call this reality check "stupid" I don't care. Its the truth. What you say a verse says does not make it so.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#555919 Aug 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!
You are on a forum to PREACH about your source and your god and your spiritual knowledge ... but when I ask you a simple question that deserves an honest answer ... it's suddenly then "none of my business."
Wrong again Ingrid.
If I came here for that purpose,("to PREACH")- I would be doing that dear.
I have repeatedly told you that what works for one does not necessarily work for another.
NO WHERE have I belittled anyone for their beliefs nor promoted mine ya numbskull. Had you been paying attention, you would know that Ms. Newkirk.
Like I just said earlier this AM, you are too busy lumping folks into the stereotypical boxes that >YOU< wish to place them in, to pay attention to what they are actually saying.

Your question may or may not be simple, but it sure as hell does not deserve an answer from anyone, let alone me, unless THEY, or I choose to divulge what they truly think and believe.
What >YOU< think you deserve from others is your problem dear - NOT mine.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#555920 Aug 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,easy to love the home we have...I do hope to get to meet someday here or in the next life..who knows,what the future brings,!!!
...that's right! Who knows what the future brings.

Location hidden

#555921 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are unworthy, then how can you keep your salvation?
Because all are unworthy and have fallen short.
That's why.

Location hidden

#555922 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Through the grace of God. But I cannot just do whatever I want and expect it to keep me. God will not continue to walk with me if I continue to sin and walk away from him and his marvelous grace. Because if I willfully sin I am turning from God and his grace.
Oh pig fur.
Seriously, God walks with everyone.
He is omnipresent. DUH.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555923 Aug 21, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct the 4th C editions of the Vaticanus and Siniaticus are the oldest known.
Good - you are being earch this. Which also shows that any since the original autographs are not present, one can honestly admit that they are not quite sure on if the words they read today are accurate to the time they were written.
Bart Ehrman's "Misquoting Jesus" clearly shows that the books you read today are not he original versions.
<quoted text>
Maybe you should be taking your teaching skills to your next Bible study. Be sure to include the scholarship citations that express how GoThomas has been noted to be an earlier text written than GoMark....and looks to have been a source for Luke and Matthew.
If you keep studying, you will eventually have to review and study non-canonical texts, so you can better understand the canon and what it means.
<quoted text>
"you and your "New age" philosophy have no choice but to accept the authority of the Catholic Church,"
- OOPS - your arrogance is showing.
- FYI I tried to understand and accept the CC, but ya know, it just doesn't have all the information to make me want to think they are worth accepting or "God" forbid, "have to trust". Gosh....you are really trying to push your ego to the limits, huh? Your self-righteous attitude isn't what Jesus taught at all. In fact, he spoke out against it quite often.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
(28) Jesus says:
(1) "I stood in the middle of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them.
(2) I found all of them drunk. None of them did I find thirsty.
(3) And my soul ached for the children of humanity,
because they are blind in their heart, and they cannot see;
for they came into the world empty,
(and) they also seek to depart from the world empty.
(4) But now they are drunk.
(But) when they shake off their wine, then they will change their mind."
Why don't you believe Jesus?
<quoted text>
The CNN link may provide you with some information, but a better link is this one.....which allows you to read the Codex Siniaticus online.
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript....
Jesus very well could have said something similar in your Gnostic quotes So what?. He didn't write it. You are trusting Thomas got it correct many yrs later. You're having a laughable time skirting around your problem: The worlds oldest known Bible dates to the 4th century. Therefore you're trusting the Catholic Church, who gathered, edited, compiled and produced it.
You see, Jesus Christ came and started a Church, not manuscripts for u to interpret.

Location hidden

#555924 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Here's how I know. I will not state my opinion as fact, but will quote the Word of God. My opinions do not matter. The Word of God is the only truth and the way. It is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my ways. So that is why I say I have to study and pray for understanding. I do not know everything and if I get in my self then I am wrong. I want to let God have his way and teach me of his ways. I don't ever want to be found standing in his way with my own thoughts.
"My opinions do not matter."
Horse feathers !!!

Tis >YOUR< opinion on the matter which is the only one that does matter to your salvation.

"I don't ever want to be found standing in his way with my own thoughts."

See?
You just verified that your opinions on the matter DO in fact matter.

Location hidden

#555925 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said you can do what you want after you receive salvation...I didn't.
If you willfully sin.....
which brings us back to this:
No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for Godís seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.
Seems to me that if all sins are forgiven, then all sins are forgiven.
That being said, does God not know that no human is capable of being perfect?
Of course God would know that.
I believe it has been written that if a human breaks one of the big ten, then he has broken them all.
What does that mean?
That means that no one is capable of keeping the big ten, and that appears to be a fact.
That also means that He either loves all and forgives all, or the whole thing is BS because a "just" God would not place his loved ones in a no win situation me thinks.
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#555926 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus very well could have said something similar in your Gnostic quotes So what?. He didn't write it. You are trusting Thomas got it correct many yrs later. You're having a laughable time skirting around your problem:
lol you catholics have the same problem.
jethro8

East Weymouth, MA

#555927 Aug 21, 2014
funny the popes nephew I believe it was, was involved in a bad car accident? why didn't he stop it? being god on earth (according to catholic church) he knew it was going to happen yet he did nothing to stop it, does he hate his nephew? or is it because he is nothing but a figure head for a religious money hungry conglomerate? who obviously does not care about people (this proves it) unless they can make money off them? smuggling illegals into countries and putting them to work through agencies and collecting 10% of their paychecks. I know this because they use to work at my former company, they get $8.50/hr. no health benefits, must pay $10.00 a day for ride in 9 passenger van to an from work, I'm sure we have all seen the vans on the roadways? that is what your seeing.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#555928 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
And correct Chuck- although u may be a nice guy who loves Jesus Christ- you are no authority on Sacred Scripture.
I knew you wouldn't let me down Clay. thanks

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#555929 Aug 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The very name,Antichrist means,against Christ . And yes the Evil one is a deceiver, however ...
Jesus cured people ..TOLD THEM THE most important commandments were to love,GOD and each other (the evil one,will not tell us,to love God, imo)
He was,mercilessly killed as a sacrifice for sin..as prophesied by Isaih , by HIS STRIPES we,are healed.
He rose,from the dead ...his,Father said THIS,IS,MY BELOVED SON .
none of these,things,and much more fit any type,of antichrist......encouraged, nail s in His flesh , SACRIFICED , the vehicle ordained by the Creator to pay for SIN.....but only a,PERFECT sacrifice pays God's,perfect justice .
So NO , Jesus was THE CHRIST .. not anti anything but sin and man's,perversion of RELIGION .
renting the VEIL that SEPARATED,GOD FROM MAN..no more,PRIEST OR HIGH PRIEST as intermediaries.
I believe the,apostles were the messengers of the Great Commision.
The more I learn, I don't believe the Temple SYSTEM was to be Followed , at all .
I guess,we will know in the end .
I think man, as usual, took something Simple and beautiful , and complicated it so much that supposedly ONLY THEOLOGIANS , priests, bishops , can tell us,what Jesus,meant ....and nit only Catholics, though they have the priests. Others,believe,only their education and interpretation holds,true .
Jesus,told us,FAITH ,eternal life, born again ,are basics,along with then loving God and each other, forgiveness to us AND by us,...and do this in remembrance .
Catholics,say only in their Church....is salvation..so do others a few on here.
Jesus,said be born again ...I AM THE WAY .
do we have the,gift of grace in order that WE BELIEVE IN HIM..
that is,the question ...and answer to your question..
Thank You..

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555930 Aug 21, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"My opinions do not matter."
Horse feathers !!!
Tis >YOUR< opinion on the matter which is the only one that does matter to your salvation.
"I don't ever want to be found standing in his way with my own thoughts."
See?
You just verified that your opinions on the matter DO in fact matter.
No its not my opinion that will save me....I could come up with all kinds of opinions and judgments for people in my own mind. But I am not God so I seek his wisdom in my life.

That is why I pray for God's will and pray to do what he wants by following his ways and his thoughts. God is a Spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555931 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
you KNOW NOTHING.
THERE ARE MANY CHURCHES THAT THE PASTORS DONT HAVE OFFICES NOR DESKS IN THEM.
every time that you post, you show your ignorance bout ALL things concerning Christianity.
BTW, Jesus never had a desk either, and sitting at a [desk] typing on a blog ,doesn't make YOU a preacher, while for me, I was a Preacher long before I had a computer ,which was in 2002
"BTW, Jesus never had a desk either".

You are straw grasping...again...Nowhere does the Bible identify Christ as Preacher Jesus Christ...

Location hidden

#555932 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
prove that I am lying.lol and find an office or a desk in this little country church.
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ar.rxtri...
you argue just to be devilish, not to find the TRUTH.
Can't tell what is on the inside of a church by looking at the outside.....

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#555933 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>God is a merciful God and is long suffering and patient. He does not want to send anyone to hell. He gives us all a chance and freewill. It is up to us what we do with it. We can have life everlasting in heaven if we chose to follow his teachings and have faith in him and his Son, or we can choose to have life everlasting in hell if we disregard his gift of grace and mercy just to continue on in sin. We shall reap what we sow.
Self.

You will promote it, but reject it with every chance.

Why?

Why don't you believe Jesus?

Location hidden

#555934 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
I COULD SHOW YOU THE CHURCH THAT I PASTORED FOR YEARS, AND iT DOESNT HAVE AN OFFICE OR a DESK.LOL
But I aint gonna. it is none of your business
You mean you can't...or you would do so in a nano second....

Location hidden

#555935 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
try and find an office or a desk in this church. It is so easy to show how stupid that you are. even marge is smarter than you are and that aint saying much.lol
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ar.rxtri...
Try and prove there is an office or a desk in this church. It is so easy to show how stupid that you are. https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ar.rxtri ...

“What are you looking at?”

Albuquerque, NM

#555936 Aug 21, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>

and it was Hol;y Spirit that *compiled the list*.
-
Citation please.

While you are producing these "facts", please also post where "God" has stated which of these texts are of "His inspiration" and which are not, in order for us all to be following what "God" specifically states and not arrogant men.

You can do this, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr 15th Dalai Lama 84,395
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr ThineWillBeDone 9,672
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web