Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 684018 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556269 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what locks into your cult. The FEAR that if you don't have complete faith in what you were taught ... you WILL go to hell.
What a tragedy religion put on humanity.
I never believed in the existence of a devil or hell, so I have no fear of an afterlife ... even if on a long-shot there just happens to BE an afterlife, which I have no way of knowing one way or the other.
There is no fear in loving God which is the perfect love. I do not have complete faith in what any man teaches....I have complete faith in God. I look to him and him alone for my leading and guiding. As long as, I look unto him, there is no fear of death, hell, or the grave or any other thing upon this earth or in the world to come.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556270 Aug 23, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>They were heretics and witches themselves.
WITCHES

During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. The Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after eight hundred years, gathered up its halters, thumb-screws, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood.
Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry.....There are no witches. The witch text remains; only the practice has changed. Hell fire is gone, but the text remains. Infant damnation is gone, but the text remains. More than two hundred death penalties are gone from the law books, but the texts that authorized them remain.

- "Bible Teaching and Religious Practice," Europe and Elsewhere
Mark Twain
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#556271 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to "let God be the judge"-dogma???
:)
By the way, you never answered my question.
Do you believe that Jesus and God will reject your Protestant relatives to hell for having only half of the universal truth figured out???
Silly humans!
God "will remain" to be the (final judge) for EVERYONE and ANYONE else's Salvation!.........Not you, not me, not Confinting, not Ox or ANY OTHER bible only Protestant ( even though each one of them (pridefully and egotistically) thinks that they have (appointed themselves) to "relieved God"of HIS responsibility......
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556272 Aug 23, 2014
Cultural Anthropology by Selby Garretson

Religion

Witchcraft

Beliefs in witchcraft are a two-edged sword. They give answers to unanswerable questions, and this provides comfort to the community. But they can also set people against one another and provide the basis for suspicion and even paranoia. This disruption of the community can be a heavy price to pay. Still, the price must not be too high for human groups, since witchcraft, the ugly side of magic, is found almost universally.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556273 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>There is no fear in loving God which is the perfect love. I do not have complete faith in what any man teaches....I have complete faith in God. I look to him and him alone for my leading and guiding. As long as, I look unto him, there is no fear of death, hell, or the grave or any other thing upon this earth or in the world to come.
I will ignore you now ... as you are not here to open your mind to other ways of perceiving. You are here only to preach your specific BRAND of religion AT others.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556274 Aug 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
God "will remain" to be the (final judge) for EVERYONE and ANYONE else's Salvation
Then it's true that you have faith that GOD and JESUS love Protestants just as much as they love Catholics???

WOW! You have come a long way hojo. You ought to be PROUD of that achievement.

Hahahahaha

Let's Play

#556275 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Billy Graham had a false doctrine when he preached that only Christians would be allowed in heaven ... or that he has a false doctrine NOW when he preaches that even Muslims will be allowed in Christian heaven?
Keep in mind you that not matter which way you decide is the right way to believe ... you DO in FACT believe that you are qualified to preach who will and who will not be saved ... and that in turn might make you buckle under the weight of your own arrogance. And I suggest that if it doesn't ... it SHOULD make you buckle.
God knows the heart of man and not me. So I am not going to make that judgment....

Matthew 7 says
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556276 Aug 23, 2014
I never lusted to be a Protestant OR a Catholic ... because I was certain that if Jesus existed and loved all souls, he wouldn't pick favorites in any religion ... period.

Those beliefs always seemed very childish to me.

Let's Play

#556277 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
WITCHES
During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. The Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after eight hundred years, gathered up its halters, thumb-screws, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood.
Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry.....There are no witches. The witch text remains; only the practice has changed. Hell fire is gone, but the text remains. Infant damnation is gone, but the text remains. More than two hundred death penalties are gone from the law books, but the texts that authorized them remain.
- "Bible Teaching and Religious Practice," Europe and Elsewhere
Mark Twain
I was just using the word witch to equate to evil not a person who casts spells or anything. Sorry for the confusion I caused with that.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556278 Aug 23, 2014
If Muslims place faith in the doctrine that Jesus was a real prophet ... surely that would be enough to save them from Christian hell.

However most Christians seem to believe that Muslims can't show favor to a prophet OTHER than Jesus or they WILL be rejected BY Jesus to spend eternity in Christian hell.

Jesus must be a monster.

Silly humans and their silly myths.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556279 Aug 23, 2014
Buddhists also believe that Jesus was a prophet, as was Buddha.

But that is not good enough for Christians who want THEIR image of a prophet to be the only prophet in the universe.

Talk about GREED!!!

Let's Play

#556280 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I never lusted to be a Protestant OR a Catholic ... because I was certain that if Jesus existed and loved all souls, he wouldn't pick favorites in any religion ... period.
I feel the same about it. I only want to follow the word of God and love everyone. And like I said I don't care to fellowship with anyone who is following the word of God and serving him out of a pure heart and doing the best they know how to do. That is all God asks of each and everyone of us..... Our own personal best....I can't live up to anyone else's standards....but I want to live up to God's by following his word.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#556281 Aug 23, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
God "will remain" to be the (final judge) for EVERYONE and ANYONE else's Salvation!.........Not you, not me, not Confinting, not Ox or ANY OTHER bible only Protestant ( even though each one of them (pridefully and egotistically) thinks that they have (appointed themselves) to "relieved God"of HIS responsibility......
Your church claims to have a substitute for Christ but you say protestants have relieved God of His responsibility?

Let's Play

#556282 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If Muslims place faith in the doctrine that Jesus was a real prophet ... surely that would be enough to save them from Christian hell.
However most Christians seem to believe that Muslims can't show favor to a prophet OTHER than Jesus or they WILL be rejected BY Jesus to spend eternity in Christian hell.
Jesus must be a monster.
Silly humans and their silly myths.
They do not believe he died for our sins. They are taking away the sacrifice. You cannot come to the father without Jesus. He is our advocate and his blood is the only thing that can wash us clean. If you take that part out then you take salvation out.....there is no other way but God's way.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#556283 Aug 23, 2014
<quoted text>So what are you saying....Do you believe in a Trinity or Not? I believe there are 3 and they bear record of each other....they work in unity.
Absolutely, they are separate but are one with the supreme..( Ancient Of Days )
Have you ever read anything about or looked at anything of the Inception of Christianity?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556284 Aug 23, 2014
My father who believed in reincarnation thought that Jesus was just one prophet among others that had come to earth to lead humans on the righteous path.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Rosicrucians

Nevertheless, it is emphasized that all beings of the human evolution will ultimately be saved in a distant future as they acquire a superior grade of consciousness and altruism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Judgment

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556285 Aug 23, 2014
guest wrote:
when the Pope kissed the Qu'ran ... was he being politically correct, or spiritually correct?
-
and why does it matter?
(C) Because he left his DNA and Christian Cooties on the cover?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556286 Aug 23, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If one accepts the premise that humans are children in the grand scheme of things, than what else would you expect from children?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#556287 Aug 23, 2014
Many humans in religion believe that reincarnation is the most JUST of all religious beliefs, because even though some will have to live many lives on earth to achieve the highest goal, none will be lost forever, as is the case with the Abrahamic monotheistic religions. With them, the belief is either that your fate is heaven or hell ... period.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Jahannam (Arabic: &#1580;&#1607;&#16 06;&#1605;&#8206;, borrowing from Hebrew: &#1490;&#1497;&#14 92;&#1504;&#1493;& #1501;&#8206; "Gehennom", from &#1490;&#1463;&#14 68;&#1497;&#1488; &#1489;&#1462;&#14 68;&#1503; &#1492;&#1460;&#15 04;&#1465;&#1468;& #1501; "Ge ben Hinnom" or “Valley of Hinnom”) is the Islamic concept of Hell. It is also mentioned in the Quran as: "That which Breaks to Pieces",[1]'"Blazing Fire"[2] and "The Abyss".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahannam

Let's Play

#556288 Aug 23, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Absolutely, they are separate but are one with the supreme..( Ancient Of Days )
Have you ever read anything about or looked at anything of the Inception of Christianity?
Seriously, don't act like you don't know me personally. You know exactly who I am and what I believe. I believe in the Word of God. I am not looking for any other way here. He has already laid the way and I just have to follow him and his ways. He is my leader and guide. He is the potter and I am just his clay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web