Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 641404 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#556172 Aug 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
This is only one verse that shows the demonic nature of your church.
Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Only satan would teach the opposite of what Christ taught. You can't follow both.
Your church has taught you to ignore the Words of Christ. That's not opinion, that is comparing your church dogma with scripture. Jesus commanded you not to do something very simple. But you choose to do it anyway.
The inconsistency is in your church dogma.
Hey USA what's your problem? When you first came on here you were relatively reasonable. Now you've become some hysterical fanatic reciting the same brain dead anti Catholic propaganda as the rest of the fundies. Or is this who you really were all along ?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556173 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I could give you plenty of Catholic sources, but would you consider them unbiased? Probably not. I can tell you that Eastern Catholicism is identical to Eastern Orthodoxy in almost every way except the are in communion with Rome.
So what...if they are in communion with Rome....they are not in communion with the eastern orthodox church....that's my point....The are orthodox CATHOLIC.....

Location hidden

#556174 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So do the Orthodox Christians. Are they also satanic pagans?
Yes we are according to them..so what...that doesn't bother me also what they think. Why should it bother you..
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#556175 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me. They believe they are the only true church. Just another cult IMO.

United States

#556176 Aug 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
This is only one verse that shows the demonic nature of your church.
Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Only satan would teach the opposite of what Christ taught. You can't follow both.
Your church has taught you to ignore the Words of Christ. That's not opinion, that is comparing your church dogma with scripture. Jesus commanded you not to do something very simple. But you choose to do it anyway.
The inconsistency is in your church dogma.
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
Hey USA what's your problem? When you first came on here you were relatively reasonable. Now you've become some hysterical fanatic reciting the same brain dead anti Catholic propaganda as the rest of the fundies. Or is this who you really were all along ?
-
-
What?
Matthew 23:9 is "brain dead anti Catholic propaganda "
-
how sad that you could think that, Anthony - let alone put it into print.
such is the mindset of the Common Catholic.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#556177 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted what the scriptures say. Why is that fanatical? Because it goes against your church dogma?

You can call me anything you want, it's what the scriptures say.

Location hidden

#556178 Aug 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you....have a nice day....
Chess Jurist

Grove City, OH

#556179 Aug 22, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a real teacher and educator.
It's about time somebody in that field started actually absorbing what was written, and teaching accordingly.
**Chuckle**
**Snort**
**Gag**
**Wheeze**

That's a keeper.

United States

#556180 Aug 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
The willfully call God a liar and mock the Words of Christ. I've read on many catholic sites that say Jerusalem is the whore. They use the O.T. Words of God to prove it. They must lump the whore and the city into one. I've never read anything from them about the "whore" and the "city" being two separate things.
Amos 9:14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God
The whore and the city in Revelation are destroyed. Jerusalem is not destroyed nor is God's remnant cut off.
ROTFLOL, Jesus clearly said "call no man father". Not only do they call their priests father, they call their popes holy father.
.pope
noun
1. the bishop of Rome as head of the Roman Catholic Church.
synonyms: pontiff, Bishop of Rome, Holy Father, Vicar of Christ, His Holiness
But they declare they looooove the Christ.
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
-
-
If you'd just pay attention to what Christ Himself has said - from The Bible - and ignore what fallible 'man' has said, you'd have a clue, Anthony.
-
-
When you exchange the truth of God for a lie - you are following the lie and the liar - are you not?
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/romans/1.htm
25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#556181 Aug 22, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
So what...if they are in communion with Rome....they are not in communion with the eastern orthodox church....that's my point....The are orthodox CATHOLIC.....
Liam explained to you that the Eastern Catholics were Eastern Orthodox who returned to communion with Rome after the schism. You seemed to disagree with the premise. If I'm wrong, I apologize.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#556182 Aug 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
With which protestant denomination do you claim membership?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#556183 Aug 22, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we are according to them..so what...that doesn't bother me also what they think. Why should it bother you..
Me either. Of course, I doubt you'd be as silent if it was the Orthodox Church they were trashing and slandering day in and day out.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#556184 Aug 22, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
What?
-
You're full of propaganda miss Jehovah's Witness.
It doesn't mean what you think it means. And the proof is in the fact that you call your dad father.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#556185 Aug 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted what the scriptures say. Why is that fanatical? Because it goes against your church dogma?
You can call me anything you want, it's what the scriptures say.
I'm not calling you anything, I'm merely pointing out the inconsistency in your posting. Maybe your angry you've been shown wrong so many times you've just given up respectful dialogue and choose to label all Catholics as satanic pagans like the rest of 'em here? I hope I'm wrong...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#556186 Aug 22, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
If you'd just pay attention to what Christ Himself has said - from The Bible - and ignore what fallible 'man' has said, you'd have a clue, Anthony.
-
-
When you exchange the truth of God for a lie - you are following the lie and the liar - are you not?
-
25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
We don't worship any but God in the blessed Trinity, regardless of what you may think.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#556187 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what you are calling "hysterical fanatic reciting the same brain dead anti Catholic propaganda "? Quote: Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

You have evidence that Catholics calling the priest Father is not opposite to this Scripture??

United States

#556188 Aug 22, 2014
guest wrote:
What?
-
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
You're full of propaganda miss Jehovah's Witness.
It doesn't mean what you think it means. And the proof is in the fact that you call your dad father.
-
-
You are wrong on all counts, here, Anthony.
I've said it before. I'm saying it again. I have not claimed any affiliation with any denomination on this board. Never once.
-
And BTW - Jesus HIMSELF said to call no man father ... and you want to call HIM a LIAR? Go for it.
see how easy it is to let yourself get trapped by those who don't follow the Bible?
start at calling priests 'father' then flow them into their torture and murder of 'heretics'... and fall down the slippery slope ...

United States

#556189 Aug 22, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't worship any but God in the blessed Trinity, regardless of what you may think.
-
-
so explain to me how following the liar ... is worshipping the One True God?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556190 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either. Of course, I doubt you'd be as silent if it was the Orthodox Church they were trashing and slandering day in and day out.
why don't you wise up? there is no SLANDER when the TRUTH is told.

if you don't want to be trashed, get out of that dump. simple HUH?
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#556191 Aug 22, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you are a satanic pagan, I wouldn't know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) 8 hr Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 9 hr truth 55
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,100
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web