Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,037
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#555800 Aug 20, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not call it nice. It reminds me of the piano music they always play in funeral parlors.
I never heard a piano playing in a funeral home. Organ yes piano no....

Location hidden

#555801 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door today to preach universal truth AT me.
I thanked them for their "pamphlet" and didn't even ask them that if the bible is clear in its meanings, why they thought pamphlets were necessary to explain the meanings of the words.
Wasn't I polite?
I even wished them a good day ... and so they left smiling in the self -assured certainty hat they had served God's will to "go forth and preached the gospel of universal truth."
I am shocked you took the pamphlet..lol.... did you read it or just threw it in the trash....

Location hidden

#555802 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door today to preach universal truth AT me.
I thanked them for their "pamphlet" and didn't even ask them that if the bible is clear in its meanings, why they thought pamphlets were necessary to explain the meanings of the words.
Wasn't I polite?
I even wished them a good day ... and so they left smiling in the self -assured certainty hat they had served God's will to "go forth and preached the gospel of universal truth."
come to think of it...I am shocked you were even polite to them...why didn't you slam the door in their face, call them an idiot for believing in God, and down right put it to them like you do to the people in this thread for believing in God? Just wondering.....you must be slipping ..lol

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555803 Aug 20, 2014
CaliforniaEarthquake wrote:
The Roman Catholic Church has been corupt since about 400 A.D. Around the time Pope Alexander put the picture of his son as the official picture of Jesus, and when the church developed the trinity concept. This is also around the same time Muhammad came to proclaim the One Creator.
The Catholic church was as corrupt from its beginnings as were the Jewish temples at their beginnings of monotheistic Judaism, and as were all other religions before AND after that claimed and still claim to have cornered the "market" on universal truth.

I suggest that if a supposed future actually exists ... we can't know the future ... ever. We can only experience each moment as it unfolds in its own due time.

The rest is supposition.

Prince George, Canada

#555804 Aug 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
come to think of it...I am shocked you were even polite to them...why didn't you slam the door in their face, call them an idiot for believing in God, and down right put it to them like you do to the people in this thread for believing in God? Just wondering.....you must be slipping ..lol
Well that's a good question.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are so polite, I just can't be rude to them.

Now I will ask you ... would YOU want to fight with such nice people?

:)

United States

#555805 Aug 20, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
.......make it a 7' string.
Catholics are in hell too, June. We don't claim our religious affiliation is a golden ticket. There are many Protestants who are better people than Catholics too.
Its all about the best possible path to reach salvation, and the further someone is from the truth of the Catholic faith, the harder and harder it gets. And those who are 'practicing' Catholics (especially clergy) who still do evil are the worst of the worst.
"The road to hell is paved with the skulls of erring Priests, and Bishops as their signposts" ~ St. John Chrysostom
"The floor of hell is covered with the skulls of Bishops"
~ St. Athenaeus
Does that finally clarify it? Now use a 8' string for your cat toy, that way you don't have to get out of your chair.
-
-
Yes - that does finally clarify it - for there are NO TRUE Christians amongst them!
TRUE Christians wouldn't dream of embracing Paganism and bringing it into their worship of the One True God. So they don't.
TRUE Christians wouldn't dream of torturing and murdering in the Name of God.
Yes. So they don't.
It's clear.
It's been clear to me for some time, now - AFTER I decided to read the Bible and ignore what the Popes have said. Because what the popes have said contradicts what Christ has said.

Prince George, Canada

#555806 Aug 20, 2014
And by the way, although this thread was started in my name, I did not start it. Someone else was using my name ... as occurred more than a few times.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/smith-center-...

Prince George, Canada

#555807 Aug 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
I am shocked you took the pamphlet..lol.... did you read it or just threw it in the trash....
I read them, as I want to comprehend what they are being taught is universal truth.

Prince George, Canada

#555808 Aug 20, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
- Because what the popes have said contradicts what Christ has said.
Martin Luther couldn't marry his lovely ex-nun without the approval of Jesus' spirit ... could he???

I suggest that Martin just took the words from the pope's bible for "GRANTED" ... pun intended.

Prince George, Canada

#555809 Aug 20, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Yes - that does finally clarify it - for there are NO TRUE Christians amongst them!
TRUE Christians wouldn't dream of embracing Paganism and bringing it into their worship of the One True God. So they don't.
TRUE Christians wouldn't dream of torturing and murdering in the Name of God.
Yes. So they don't.
It's clear.
It's been clear to me for some time, now - AFTER I decided to read the Bible and ignore what the Popes have said. Because what the popes have said contradicts what Christ has said.
So you are a TRUE Christian HUH???

Your problem might be that even if Jesus' spirit is alive ... I doubt that he's a follower of the Protestant religion.

Maybe you should prey about it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#555810 Aug 20, 2014
Catholics are in hell too, June. We don't claim our religious affiliation is a golden ticket. There are many Protestants who are better people than Catholics too.
Its all about the best possible path to reach salvation, and the further someone is from the truth of the Catholic faith, the harder and harder it gets. And those who are 'practicing' Catholics (especially clergy) who still do evil are the worst of the worst.
"The road to hell is paved with the skulls of erring Priests, and Bishops as their signposts" ~ St. John Chrysostom
~ St. Athenaeus
Does that finally clarify it? Now use a 8' string for your cat toy, that way you don't have to get out of your chair.

This is a first coming from you.....

Since you have finally acknowledged the truth ABOUT YOUR FAULTY RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...
THE NEXT STEP FOR YOU IS TO ....DISREGARD ALL DENOMINATIONS.....
GET ALONE WITH GOD AND STAY IN HIS PRESENCE UNTIL THIS IS SCRIPTURE IS PERSONALLY FULFILLED IN YOU LIFE

AS JESUS SAID..
Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

~~~
Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

ASK HIM TO GUIDE YOU IN FINDING THE TRUTH FROM HIS WORD.

YOU HAVE HIS PROMISE
Joh_6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and
(NOTE
him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Location hidden

#555811 Aug 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
why would someone disagree with me when I said what the Bible teaches us. Read Acts chapter one and Chapter two and you will see that I am right.
And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said,(the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)
But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
NOTICE THAT BOTH TIMES, PETER STOOD UP AND BEGAN TO SPEAK. THEREFORE OUR EXAMPLES SHOULD FOLLOW "WHAT THUS SAITH THE LORD".
NOW IF THIS MAN IS AN INVALID, HE HAS A REASON WHY HE CANT STAND.
NOW, I WONDER WHY SOME PERSON WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS SUCH A COWARD THAT THEY CANT DDISPUTE MY WORDS AND WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE, IT IS GOD THEY DISAGREE WITH, NOT ME.
EVEN JUNE HAS MORE GUTS THAN YOU COWARDS
You now have an audience that believes what you say!!!!!

Location hidden

#555812 Aug 20, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT Preaching AT ANY PERSON
I am posting on a blog. not behind a pulpit. lol
Guess I know who the [coward] is now. it is YOU.LOL
and if you ever heard me Preach, you would KNOW the difference, I aint a southern Baptist. I can Preach, not just talk like almost all of them, who don't know anything about the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
and BTW, there are some great Baptist Preachers around here but they are called by God, not their mommas
Well foot-in-mouth....you have done it again!!!! You know, and I know, and you know I know that you know I know, that your computer is "setting" on your desk...and that you "set" to type your posts...I have never known any preacher that had not an office and a desk...and they all "set" at their desk....

Location hidden

#555813 Aug 20, 2014
Hey boycow....look!!!! Preachers have desks!!!! Honest!!! This is where they "set"!!!!

First Christian Church / About Us / From The Preachers Desk

FROM THE PREACHERS DESK - Willette church of Christ

From the Preacher's desk - Llano Church of Christ

Preachers Desk - Russell Road Church Of Christ

Location hidden

#555814 Aug 20, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
~ St. Athenaeus
Since you have finally acknowledged the truth ABOUT YOUR FAULTY RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...
GET ALONE WITH GOD AND STAY IN HIS PRESENCE UNTIL THIS IS SCRIPTURE IS PERSONALLY FULFILLED IN YOU LIFE
AS JESUS SAID..
Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
~~~
Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
YOU HAVE HIS PROMISE
(NOTE
"ASK HIM TO GUIDE YOU IN FINDING THE TRUTH FROM HIS WORD."....Waste of time...Christ is not a guide...

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Who will guide you??? Per Scripture....the Spirit of Truth....the Comforter....

Location hidden

#555815 Aug 20, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a good question.
The Jehovah's Witnesses are so polite, I just can't be rude to them.
Now I will ask you ... would YOU want to fight with such nice people?
:)
It never comes to that...I don't open my door in the first place..
Holy dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#555816 Aug 20, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
It never comes to that...I don't open my door in the first place..
I feel sorry for you double sorry
1/you act like first century enemy of true disciples, today JW
2/ I feel sorry,that Lill whispers was hijacked not you,
but I love you me dear retarded false believer, and encourage to open door for JW,who can help you to have basic understanding of The Bible,
because now you are complete dumb butt, have ears and not hear,have eyes and not see,
just very dead worthless heart without of any soul?
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#555817 Aug 20, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
~ St. Athenaeus
AS JESUS SAID..
~~~
YOU HAVE HIS PROMISE
(NOTE
Yep
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#555818 Aug 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"ASK HIM TO GUIDE YOU IN FINDING THE TRUTH FROM HIS WORD."....Waste of time...Christ is not a guide...
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Who will guide you??? Per Scripture....the Spirit of Truth....the Comforter....
True, one first needs born-again or sealed with the Spirit of Christ as some say. Then they will know the Truth.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#555819 Aug 20, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Well foot-in-mouth....you have done it again!!!! You know, and I know, and you know I know that you know I know, that your computer is "setting" on your desk...and that you "set" to type your posts...I have never known any preacher that had not an office and a desk...and they all "set" at their desk....
you KNOW NOTHING.

THERE ARE MANY CHURCHES THAT THE PASTORS DONT HAVE OFFICES NOR DESKS IN THEM.

every time that you post, you show your ignorance bout ALL things concerning Christianity.

BTW, Jesus never had a desk either, and sitting at a [desk] typing on a blog ,doesn't make YOU a preacher, while for me, I was a Preacher long before I had a computer ,which was in 2002

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Scales Off 8,880
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Mon SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web