Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646343 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#556155 Aug 22, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Years ago I read Ralph Woodrow's book, "Babylon Mystery Religion". He pointed out where the rites and rituals of the Catholic Church came from, and he included Christmas and Easter. I have not celebrated wither one since.(Sadly, he has succumbed to pressure and reversed his position on Christmas.)
I consider it an insult to the One True God to bring Paganism into worship of Him. Paganism, after all, originated with The Adversary, did it not?
And you see? I am just one out of billion plus Catholics that left the church based on this and calling priests "father". No-one will listen to my "history" -- just as no-one listened to the history of those in the early days of the Catholic Church who left the church - since SHE was borrowing Pagan rites and rituals and torturing and murdering.
You see? There. I've said it before: The AGGRESSOR writes the history because the oppressed don't have a snowball's chance to.
-
Ignorance of the TRUTH in today's INFORMATION AGE is willful and deliberate disobedience of God.
That's not gonna win you any points.
Ralph Woodrow was a fierce anti-Catholic for many years until recently he " repudiated " ever evil thing this the once said about the Catholic Church and is on the verge of "converting " to the Catholic faith and Jesus Christs One True Universal) Catholic Church.......You are correct guest!...your ignorance and denial of the historical and biblical TRUTH that Jesus Christ initiated and established ONLY ONE TRUE Apostolic Catholic CHURCH ---is not going to win you ANY points!!!!!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#556156 Aug 22, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......there 1.6 Billion baptized catholics/protestants. Throw in a few independants. However millions of those have drifted away including me and a few on this forum such as your friend NASL, Jethro, June etc.
World population recorded 15 minutes ago 7.255 billion people on the planet. Do the math.
Currently in the USA 51 million americans now claim to be non religious. Vast majority of those are former christians. 15 years ago only 23 million americans claimed to be non religious.
..........I just bring the news. What you do with it is your business.
23% of world pop. is Muslim ( Islam )
Christianity is worlds largest religion over 2 billion, these 2 religions alone account for 3 billion people of the 7.255. Just them 2 alone, not counting the others.
Most atheist are x christian and often return to it, the non religious doesn't mean non belief, How many people are there in America, 3, 4oo million? so the number you threw out there is small, Minority Opinion has no say.
I myself am non religious.
So, that's what I done with it..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#556157 Aug 22, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom-line is that men expressed to other men....as well as modern men now.....what they wanted others to believe.
If anyone is truly interested in the truth, researching their religion should have been the first step in that quest.....which many did/have not. They probably, like I started out.....was indoctrinated into a religion because of their parents.
Those who say they tried different beliefs and then settled on one, only goes to show that they only utilized what men had spoken to them - when they should have gone to a library and read unbiased investigations and studies on religion and the various beliefs.
Many won't - sad to say.
Thanks for responding.
You seem to talk as one of these "modern men now"
You're blinded by the smoke Chief
Take a toke old man and your dreams will go up in smoke.
Peace

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#556158 Aug 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> To me it's about OT God and NT Jesus.
C & A of OT, brother against brother, Issac and Ishmael ( Christianity & Islam ) Islam OT, Christianity NT.
They are the 2 biggest religions are they not?( Brother against Brother )
There is a deeper meaning and concept behind it than most people realize.
Both are Abrahamic religions. One out of wedlock , One of marriage..
Is that not right?
While I'm sure the brother against brother goes back to Abraham, and the varied religion s against Israel., both Semitic and non Semitic

Mohammed got his religion 600 years AFTER Jesus. Many of his converts,were Arab Christians .

I believe the idea that Ismael was the promised son dates from then, but of course could have been around since Ishmael had to leave Abrahams camp .and folks,started or continued to worship idols, inspired by the ones who want men's,souls .

Land is a biggie ...and they Have been fighting for centuries..most likely with relatives,for sure.

Israel is,the land,given to ISRAEL ..no idol worship was,supposed to be allowed . They suffered for their disobedience

I like Golda Meiers statement..only Jews could wander for forty years,to settle the piece of land with no OIL riches. In it.

Anyway the,RELIGIOUS WARS RE Muslims is,much more recent than Abrahams,son's,and their fights, and let's not forget Esau and his,descendants ....regarding Jacob brood

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#556159 Aug 22, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Try Joseph Prince from Singapore.
i love JP - good stuff!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#556160 Aug 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
so when does this so called Best preacher start preaching. God filled Preachers cant and don't set at a desk.lol
I said this because I have the backing of the Bible. from Peter standing up and beginning to Preach until now, the Man of God will stand and Preach.
hopefully, this guy isn't as bad as Arnold murray sitting behind the desk.
a guy who can't stand might sit and preach/teach; WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!

legalists....ya gotta luv em.......
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556161 Aug 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
23% of world pop. is Muslim ( Islam )
Christianity is worlds largest religion over 2 billion, these 2 religions alone account for 3 billion people of the 7.255. Just them 2 alone, not counting the others.
Most atheist are x christian and often return to it, the non religious doesn't mean non belief, How many people are there in America, 3, 4oo million? so the number you threw out there is small, Minority Opinion has no say.
I myself am non religious.
So, that's what I done with it..
.....According to CARA that gathers catholic world statistics claim in 2014, 17% of the world population is Catholics. Down from 18%, 15 years ago.

....,.where do you get your information that most atheists return to Christianity?

.....secularism is growing very quickly through western Europe, south america and USA.

......many catholics have lost the trust of catholic leaders as a result of the worldwide sex abuse scandals that have cost the followers of the church a lot of money.

......I left the catholic church over 15 years ago. Several reasons determined my flyte.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#556162 Aug 22, 2014
here's something you don't hear when walking out of mass: "wasn't that a great teaching today from father McPerv?!"

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#556163 Aug 22, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i love JP - good stuff!!!
He is a real teacher and educator.
It's about time somebody in that field started actually absorbing what was written, and teaching accordingly.

United States

#556164 Aug 22, 2014
guest wrote:
Years ago I read Ralph Woodrow's book, "Babylon Mystery Religion". He pointed out where the rites and rituals of the Catholic Church came from, and he included Christmas and Easter. I have not celebrated wither one since.(Sadly, he has succumbed to pressure and reversed his position on Christmas.)
I consider it an insult to the One True God to bring Paganism into worship of Him. Paganism, after all, originated with The Adversary, did it not?
And you see? I am just one out of billion plus Catholics that left the church based on this and calling priests "father". No-one will listen to my "history" -- just as no-one listened to the history of those in the early days of the Catholic Church who left the church - since SHE was borrowing Pagan rites and rituals and torturing and murdering.
You see? There. I've said it before: The AGGRESSOR writes the history because the oppressed don't have a snowball's chance to.
-
Ignorance of the TRUTH in today's INFORMATION AGE is willful and deliberate disobedience of God.
That's not gonna win you any points.
-
-
hojo wrote:
Ralph Woodrow was a fierce anti-Catholic for many years until recently he " repudiated " ever evil thing this the once said about the Catholic Church and is on the verge of "converting " to the Catholic faith and Jesus Christs One True Universal) Catholic Church.......You are correct guest!...your ignorance and denial of the historical and biblical TRUTH that Jesus Christ initiated and established ONLY ONE TRUE Apostolic Catholic CHURCH ---is not going to win you ANY points!!!!!
-
-
How long has he been on the "verge of converting " ... sounds like he's become a "fence sitter" to me. Much like Constantine ... until the day he died. But, in the meantime Constantine sure spread a bunch of lies that are believed to this day.
-
Woodrow won't convert to the Catholic church. no way.
Stop lying, hojo. People can Google and you look like a fool.
and most of all, stop lying to yourself.
-
If it's Pagan, its from Satan and after that you are simply arguing semantics, hojo.
I DID mention that Woodrow had reversed his position on the Pagan holidays, Christmas and Easter - didn't I?
Just because Woodrow reversed his position, and succumbed to pressure to "conform," doesn't mean that the holidays are any less Pagan in origin. Therefore, I will NOT reverse MY position.
-
FYI - Historical and Biblical TRUTH .... has got to be ALL TRUTH and not laced with lies, otherwise it is still just nothing but a lie.
Embracing paganism is NOT going to win you any points, hojo.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556165 Aug 22, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously the original
I think a some of the N.T., deals with backsliding and yet turning again to God and away from evil.
However, I think there is a time in one's life, when that backsliding damages the relationship between God and man. I compare it to soil. It is when the soil has become worn out, and used up. The heart becomes like clay in which nothing grows permanently. The heart then, has rejected the Holy Spirit.
Of course Jesus said it best, that when the salt looses its savor, it must be thrown out....
I agree. It talks about people who have been turned over to a reprobate mind.
Romans 1
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Anthony MN

United States

#556166 Aug 22, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
and as I said....they are more catholic than orthodox and we are not in communion with them...if they are in communion with Rome.....period...
Actually they are far more "Orthodox" than Latin rite Catholics, theologically for instance, they reject they Filioque and do not recite it in their creed. They use the same liturgies as you. I'll bet if you went to an Eastern Catholic liturgy you would hardly know it wasn't EO.
Anthony MN

United States

#556167 Aug 22, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>
wiki is your source? I thought you all don't concern wiki a good reliable source.....
I could give you plenty of Catholic sources, but would you consider them unbiased? Probably not. I can tell you that Eastern Catholicism is identical to Eastern Orthodoxy in almost every way except the are in communion with Rome.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#556168 Aug 22, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because bible only Protestantism is "half-truth half-heresy" Christianity that has "rejected" the Fullness of the Faith and the Fullness of the Truth in the 16th century) favor of over 42,,000+ contradicting and inconsistently "self opinionated" (man-made) splintered and fractured denominations.....All that ANYONE on this forum has to listen to a bunch of "self-proclaimed" Bible only Preachers--argue, complain, bitch, dispute, disagree, fight, and attack each other's "bible interpretations" calling each other names such as stupid, ignorant, idiot, liar, dumb and whatever other degrading names that they can think of!!!!......Bible Only Protestantism is nothing but a hodge-podge of "confusion, chaos and incnsistentcy, in which each persons "personal opinion "is the final authority !!!
This is only one verse that shows the demonic nature of your church.

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Only satan would teach the opposite of what Christ taught. You can't follow both.

Your church has taught you to ignore the Words of Christ. That's not opinion, that is comparing your church dogma with scripture. Jesus commanded you not to do something very simple. But you choose to do it anyway.

The inconsistency is in your church dogma.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556169 Aug 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Why do you limit "God" and think that no other person can promote what "God" wants for us to do?
I do not limit God there is no limits to what God can do. He is God and not man and there is no limits to his mighty power.

I am not really sure what you are saying about no other person can promote what "God" wants for us to do......It is good to fellowship with others, but I will not just blindly follow after the opinions of others. I do not follow after men. I believe it is a one on one relationship with God, and that we must not look to the left or the right but look straight ahead unto the Lord for our teaching and guiding.

I do listen to the advice of others and I think God lets me know when to take that advice. I have said before that God is a Spirit and we have to worship him in spirit and in truth. I pray and try to look at things through spiritual eyes. There have been many times when others have gave me words of encouragement and even helped me to open my eyes to greater meanings in the Bible. I know when it is of God because I can feel it spiritually.
Anthony MN

United States

#556170 Aug 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The willfully call God a liar and mock the Words of Christ. I've read on many catholic sites that say Jerusalem is the whore. They use the O.T. Words of God to prove it. They must lump the whore and the city into one. I've never read anything from them about the "whore" and the "city" being two separate things.
Amos 9:14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God
The whore and the city in Revelation are destroyed. Jerusalem is not destroyed nor is God's remnant cut off.
ROTFLOL, Jesus clearly said "call no man father". Not only do they call their priests father, they call their popes holy father.
.pope
noun
1. the bishop of Rome as head of the Roman Catholic Church.
synonyms: pontiff, Bishop of Rome, Holy Father, Vicar of Christ, His Holiness
But they declare they looooove the Christ.
So do the Orthodox Christians. Are they also satanic pagans?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#556171 Aug 22, 2014
Yes - you seem to glorify "God" yet admonish Jesus.
Why?
BTW - I do believe in a Higher Power - just not what you call "God". In fact, I also don't believe this god of yours has any control over this world we live in. Some will say that this is absurd, yet.....not them or anyone has ever proven "God" to exist.
All they say is - I believe and could care less what you think.
The surety of some humans is astounding. They'll use their own efforts (Self) to deflect others from calling them out on this simple and honest aspect of life - "prove God exists".
And don't tell me that it doesn't occur - because you know darn well it does and continues to be this way even to this very day.
Arrogance and ignorance will be the downfall of organized religion.
<quoted text>
Please show me some evidence that "God" personally interacts with the supposed "His Creation".
Science dictates many natural occurrences - that do not involve any "God".
Please include your source(s) and/or citation(s).
<quoted text>
I do.....quite abundant too. People believe with out researching. They just think it is all true....when it is clearly not.
<quoted text>
I'm glad you said this, because it is quite true....but to get someone to admit this, is an can be quite difficult. Not only for the person who thinks they do have that specific knowledge, but moreso for the uneducated ones.
<quoted text>
I've posted honesty in every post I make. I can't say that has occurred with all the posts I've read or responded to....as many are just plain fabrications of the truth, blatant lies, and just plain unfounded conclusions.
Cheers!
NASL

You ask for some evidence that God interacts with His Creation. It is as simple as the parting of the Red Sea(and as complex).

To extrapolate, there are going to be believers, and there are going to be non-believers in God. It is your choice(God given of course). So this is proof enough that God interacts with His Creation. You may choose to reject it, but that is the simple evidence, you always want cited.

Since you believe more in science than religion, is there any doubt in your mind why you choose science?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#556172 Aug 22, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
This is only one verse that shows the demonic nature of your church.
Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
Only satan would teach the opposite of what Christ taught. You can't follow both.
Your church has taught you to ignore the Words of Christ. That's not opinion, that is comparing your church dogma with scripture. Jesus commanded you not to do something very simple. But you choose to do it anyway.
The inconsistency is in your church dogma.
Hey USA what's your problem? When you first came on here you were relatively reasonable. Now you've become some hysterical fanatic reciting the same brain dead anti Catholic propaganda as the rest of the fundies. Or is this who you really were all along ?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556173 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I could give you plenty of Catholic sources, but would you consider them unbiased? Probably not. I can tell you that Eastern Catholicism is identical to Eastern Orthodoxy in almost every way except the are in communion with Rome.
So what...if they are in communion with Rome....they are not in communion with the eastern orthodox church....that's my point....The are orthodox CATHOLIC.....

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556174 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So do the Orthodox Christians. Are they also satanic pagans?
Yes we are according to them..so what...that doesn't bother me also what they think. Why should it bother you..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web