Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649801 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#556075 Aug 22, 2014
o well where you going put rest others religion in which bag
now
why buddahist as spiritual leaders don't have hair

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#556076 Aug 22, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic source may not suffice for you so here's something you might consider neutral;
You now WANT Jesus and God to be "neutral" and not choose sides in the ongoing debate???

THAT is a new spin for YOU!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#556077 Aug 22, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
the catholics on this Forum have been told that Peter was in Babylon for years, yet they don't accept what the Word of God and Peter himself says.
they will try and change the word of God to suit their false irreligious system, by claiming that Babylon was a code name for Roma, yet they are silent when we tell them that Jesus is going to destroy Mystery Babylon which sets on seven hills. and then they try and claim that that mystery Babylon is Jerusalem. and then we tell them that it cant be Jerusalem since Jerusalem cant be seen from the Sea.
some day, it might sink into their heads that lies cant be proven to be the TRUTH.
Jerusalem is ON the sea you dummy. The dead sea. Rome on the other hand, is 25 miles from the sea, it can't be seen. I think there are two cities between Rome and the sea.. I know cuz I'm trying to go there next march..

If you want to get Biblically technical: the Vatican does not sit on seven hills, it sits on one. Vatican city is the headquarters of the Catholic Church. Its a separate country. Vatican hill has never been included when people said "city of seven hills" when referring to Rome.

Now Jerusalem does sit on seven hills.

Prince George, Canada

#556078 Aug 22, 2014
Theologians taught and teach that a supposed god never puts more on humans than humans can bear.

Now THAT is silly.

Why would a god with a record of perfect LOVE put anything on humans other THAN love?

Typical religious nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#556079 Aug 22, 2014
There is nothing quite so idiotic as religion.

For instance ... God hates sin ... so what does the god DO? He takes pure spirits from heaven and implants those spirits in the sinful bodies of Adam and Eve ... who he knows are going to have sex and pollute earth with sinners.

Now if that makes sense to you, you VERY dumb in deed!

Prince George, Canada

#556080 Aug 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to get Biblically technical:
"Biblical technical" ... huh???

WOW!

Prince George, Canada

#556081 Aug 22, 2014
All of the ancient religious literature of (for instance) Judaism and Christianity and Islam was compiled by men.

Written "within" that religious literature" WARNS that devotees are not SUPPOSED to place trust in the motives of MEN.

Now that is a conundrum. Because if you really WANT to be honest with your selves ... you HAVE to consider the fact that those men were all mislead by their EGOS.

Even THEY preach that GOD is beyond all human awareness. Of course that is before they "EXPLAIN" what the gods expect of human behavior.

I suggest that those men that wrote religious literature were all mental CRIPPLES.

Prince George, Canada

#556082 Aug 22, 2014
JESUS SAID ... whatever the men who wrote the literature said that Jesus said.

it was as simple as THAT.

KRISHNA SAID ... whatever the men who wrote the literature said that Krishna said.

It was as simple as THAT.

JEHOVAH SAID ... whatever the men who wrote the literature said that Jehovah said.

It was as simple as THAT.

Men compiled all of that religious literature ... and when you keep repeating your favorite religious DRAMA as universal truth ... there will be negative consequences, as nothing good can result from promoting lies.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#556083 Aug 22, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus took up a cross to complete the will of his father. He died upon that cross to help others to be able to be saved by his sacrifice and the shedding of his precious blood. He even prayed in the garden.....that the father would let the cup pass....but since that was not the will of God Jesus then said not my will but your will be done. Now Jesus took up his cross and followed the will of God to help others not to overcome a personal burden........So what I stated before was not incorrect according to the word of God.
Not really.

IMHO - Jesus took the self-sacrifice path to show that the Spirit will live on.....as he tries to confirm this through his supposed re-appearance after the supposed Resurrection.

There are just too many theories that surround these stories for anyone to firmly conclude on one, as many have done.

They do this without fully researching the validity of the texts, the authors, the symbolism, the characters involved, and even the numerology that probably originated with Jewish Kaballahism rituals.

Have you studied any of these already?

If so, what points can you convey that disputes what I've said?

If not, you lack information in your conclusion, thus your conclusion is unfounded and incomplete.

Albuquerque, NM

#556084 Aug 22, 2014
<quoted text> .......So what I stated before was not incorrect according to the word of God.
The "word of God" you say?

Please post where "God" specifically states which texts you are to utilize and use, and where "He" stated which texts are not.

What you read, like myself, has been written by men, in order to control what men think.

Honesty will dictate this to be factual and true. Hiding behind religion will cause one to deny that this is the case. That angle would be dishonesty working its way through the posts.

How honest can you be?

Albuquerque, NM

#556085 Aug 22, 2014
<quoted text>Yes, this world is in a sad situation and it is a very dark place at times. That is why I want to serve God to the best of my ability because I do want to make it to heaven one day.
God Bless you RoSesz and I hope God blesses all the rest on here as well.
Faith and hope - traits created by your Self.

"I hope God blesses all the rest on here as well."
- would you care to be part of a prayer experiment?

Albuquerque, NM

#556086 Aug 22, 2014
<quoted text> I have stated before I prefer not to be called by a denominational name. I have never even been in a Catholic church, so I really don't even know much about what all they believe. I grew up going to various different churches. I have been part of Baptist, Church of God, Pentecostal, and Holiness churches. I have friends and family who attend each of these churches. I visit various denominations and feel that I am able to worship with each and every person who believe in Jesus and follow the Bible teachings and are doing what they know to do out of a pure heart.
Why do you limit "God" and think that no other person can promote what "God" wants for us to do?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#556087 Aug 22, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You now WANT Jesus and God to be "neutral" and not choose sides in the ongoing debate???
THAT is a new spin for YOU!
To me it's about OT God and NT Jesus.
C & A of OT, brother against brother, Issac and Ishmael ( Christianity & Islam ) Islam OT, Christianity NT.
They are the 2 biggest religions are they not?( Brother against Brother )
There is a deeper meaning and concept behind it than most people realize.
Both are Abrahamic religions. One out of wedlock , One of marriage..
Is that not right?

Prince George, Canada

#556088 Aug 22, 2014
Of course you feel powerful when you claim to know what a supposed savior SAID.

That's why Billy Graham preached his nonsense decade after decade that only Christians could be saved.

That's nothing to be proud of ... NOTHING whatsoever.

The Muslims do it ... the Hindus do it ... the monotheistic Jews do it ... the polytheistic Jews do it and every religious devotee in every religion is PROUD to preach his/her dogmas as the one and only universal truth supposedly first uttered by SAVIORS.

I suggest you stop being so ridiculous!

Albuquerque, NM

#556089 Aug 22, 2014
<quoted text>I think that is what God wants is a pure heart. I think we have to love him more than anything else and if we do so he will give us strength and help us with all things.
One of the beatitudes states: That blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. So according to this scripture in order to go to heaven and see God we must all have a pure heart.
That was a good quote that you used. I don't remember hearing it before....so thanks for the quote.
...and how is one to get to that "pure heart"?

One must look within to see those "faults" that they must correct in order to achieve a "pure heart".

"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus

This clearly defines your goal in life, yet it is non-canonical, and you reject it.

Why?- especially if it is what you seek?

Are you afraid of something if you are to believe this teaching by Jesus?

Honest "sto" - honesty is where you will fine this pureness you seek.

Prince George, Canada

#556090 Aug 22, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
IMHO - Jesus took the self-sacrifice path to show that the Spirit will live on.....as he tries to confirm this through his supposed re-appearance after the supposed Resurrection.
There are just too many theories that surround these stories for anyone to firmly conclude on one, as many have done.
They do this without fully researching the validity of the texts, the authors, the symbolism, the characters involved, and even the numerology that probably originated with Jewish Kaballahism rituals.
Have you studied any of these already?
If so, what points can you convey that disputes what I've said?
If not, you lack information in your conclusion, thus your conclusion is unfounded and incomplete.
Had you been born a Hindu, you would be proselytizing the concept that Krishna wanted all humans to have HIS pure spirit.

By the way, which creator created your spirit ... or did you create your own spirit to be pure and holy in your SELF?

OH SORRY ... I forgot about the part of your sermon about the "kingdom of GOD being within."

I guess that means you believe you ARE a God ... or you happen to be aligned to the divinity of the pure and holy God.

Arrogant shyster!

Prince George, Canada

#556091 Aug 22, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>There is a deeper meaning and concept behind it than most people realize.
And YOU KNOW the meaning ... RIGHT???

That's arrogance for YOU!

:)

Prince George, Canada

#556092 Aug 22, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
...and how is one to get to that "pure heart"?
One must look within to see those "faults" that they must correct in order to achieve a "pure heart".
"To know yourself is to know the kingdom of God." - Jesus
This clearly defines your goal in life, yet it is non-canonical, and you reject it.
Why?- especially if it is what you seek?
Are you afraid of something if you are to believe this teaching by Jesus?
Honest "sto" - honesty is where you will fine this pureness you seek.
That the word "leader" ring a bell for you?

Hahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

#556093 Aug 22, 2014
Everybody on this forum "in religion" wants to be a religious leader of others.

Hilarious buffoonery!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556094 Aug 22, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church today is still the "Universal" Church. Notice how Francis (or any Bishop) seldom uses the adjective "Universal" (Catholic). They usually just say "the Church".
And yeah, the Church in the east clearly helped compile the Bible. I believe it was St. Jerome (Dust Storm would be better at this) who was sent by Pope Damasaeus to the Universal Churches in the east to find out which Books they were using for the Mass. Some had Barnabas and Hermas in their unofficial canon. Some didn't have Revelation and Hebrews etc etc. That's why they held a couple of councils to get on the same page - pun intended. What resulted was 27 Books of the NT we have today. I don't think the OT was an issue since they all

used the 66 plus the so-called apocrypha. It wasn't until the protestants began tearing those books out, that the Church had to step in and finalize it altogether at Trent. Even though all known copies prior to Trent had the 7 Books- which makes it wierd that the protesters would think it didnt belong.
....you say notice how pope Francis doesn't use the adjective universal. If the next pope uses the term universal you will then tell us see how the pope uses the adjective univeral.(lol). You just keep playing' along.

......If protestants are going to be with god in heaven one day, why does it bother you what they believe here on earth?

.....everyone knows bits and pieces of the catholic church history. What MOST people don't believe is what happened before, that created the agenda of the church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 1 hr CON SHEEPLE 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 2 hr make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web