Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688384 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555995 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
and just to let YOU know.
I don't care.
That is fine with me. I just want to show kindness to others, but it doesn't bother me when others don't return the favor. I just believe in treating others the way we would like to be treated.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#555996 Aug 21, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
as you will find out. my words are always true.
Robert is the most double minded man on this forum, and he has never been one to be a truthful person. one week he is a catholic, down the road, he will be an atheist and even later a protestant.
there are several on here that you have to worry about, I am not one of them. I stand by myself for the truth. Robert; double minded, oxbore, a nitwit, marge a dopehead. the good ones are RoS, Sera, gif and his wife, LTM, Chuck from Ohio, Hank, even if he is a campbellite.
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

You fruits are clearly visible!!!!! Yuck!!!!!!

United States

#555997 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
Man, how do you think we got a Bible? Men of the Catholic Church, who we believe were guided by the Holy Spirit, compiled one. This Church can be identified in every decade since Christ. The Bishops who succeeded the Apostles are named and some of thier writings are still preserved to this day. That's a clear enough definition for me.
"You are Peter and on this Rock I will build my Church". Im emphasizing "My Church"...My Church... CHURCH.
What did Peter do? He built up His Church as commanded; He ordained this man, Ignatius: "Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" .
What Church? When did the Bible become "the Bible"? After the Catholic Church was 350 yrs old. That's a fact.
-
-
A troop of monkeys could have compiled it, if they had had sole possession of it.
The Roman Catholic Church had possession of it and refused to let anyone else see it for centuries.
Their refusal to allow others to see it is ABSOLUTELY NOT by the inspiration of Holy Spirit.
-
The torture and murder of heretics was not "guided" by Holy Spirit, either.
-
The torture and murder of heretics WAS "guided" by the adversary. Did you GET THAT?
-
The ADVERSARY was guiding your church as it was torturing and murdering 'heretics'...for centuries.
-
The ADVERSARY was guiding your church as it was under the direction of Constantine and under his command to "in THIS SIGN CONQUER" as he went forth in the Middle East countries and made war in the "Name of God," teaching the locals there to follow him in that M.O? How can you not see that the world has Catholicism's making war in the "Name of God" to thank for Islam's copying that M.O?? And now we have ISIS there - murdering Catholics - and you're all freaking out because of it.
-
The ADVERSARY is STILL guiding your church as it clings to Pagan rites and rituals.
-
Christ does NOT approve of Paganism and you don't get to have a free pass on that. You just don't.
Really.
Would Christ just allow the CATHOLICS do (embrace Paganism) what he would NOT allow the JEWS TO DO, just because Peter and the subsequent "Popes" decided that is what THEY THEMSELVES wanted to do?
-
The Jews weren't allowed to re-write the Word of God to suit THEM - neither are the Catholics allowed to.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#555998 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text> I have stated before I prefer not to be called by a denominational name. I have never even been in a Catholic church, so I really don't even know much about what all they believe. I grew up going to various different churches. I have been part of Baptist, Church of God, Pentecostal, and Holiness churches. I have friends and family who attend each of these churches. I visit various denominations and feel that I am able to worship with each and every person who believe in Jesus and follow the Bible teachings and are doing what they know to do out of a pure heart.
"My strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure."
Alfred Lord Tennyson

United States

#555999 Aug 21, 2014
guest wrote:
Yes - that does finally clarify it - for there are NO TRUE Christians amongst them!
TRUE Christians wouldn't dream of embracing Paganism and bringing it into their worship of the One True God. So they don't.
TRUE Christians wouldn't dream of torturing and murdering in the Name of God.
Yes. So they don't.
It's clear.
It's been clear to me for some time, now - AFTER I decided to read the Bible and ignore what the Popes have said. Because what the popes have said contradicts what Christ has said.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
So you are a TRUE Christian HUH???
Your problem might be that even if Jesus' spirit is alive ... I doubt that he's a follower of the Protestant religion.
Maybe you should prey about it.
-
-
No-one can possibly be a 100% TRUE Christian, June.
But they CAN move away from the Catholic church - with its history of murder and torture and madness and mayhem - and be closer to being a TRUE Christian then they were when embroiled in the Catholic lies.
-
Once again, I am NOT "Protestant" and why you insist on calling me Protestant - is beyond my ability to understand.
-
But that is how you roll - you think you know what I believe and think you can peg me, but you can't.
-
Oh. And Jesus is not a FOLLOWER of any religion. He is the LEADER of Christianity. Big difference.
Liam

Brooklyn, NY

#556000 Aug 21, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
A troop of monkeys could have compiled it, if they had had sole possession of it.
The Roman Catholic Church had possession of it and refused to let anyone else see it for centuries.
Their refusal to allow others to see it is ABSOLUTELY NOT by the inspiration of Holy Spirit.
-
-
The torture and murder of heretics WAS "guided" by the adversary. Did you GET THAT?
-
The ADVERSARY was guiding your church as it was torturing and murdering 'heretics'...for centuries.
-
The ADVERSARY was guiding your church as it was under the direction of Constantine and under his command to "in THIS SIGN CONQUER" as he went forth in the Middle East countries and made war in the "Name of God," teaching the locals there to follow him in that M.O? How can you not see that the world has Catholicism's making war in the "Name of God" to thank for Islam's copying that M.O?? And now we have ISIS there - murdering Catholics - and you're all freaking out because of it.
-
The ADVERSARY is STILL guiding your church as it clings to Pagan rites and rituals.
-
Christ does NOT approve of Paganism and you don't get to have a free pass on that. You just don't.
Really.
Would Christ just allow the CATHOLICS do (embrace Paganism) what he would NOT allow the JEWS TO DO, just because Peter and the subsequent "Popes" decided that is what THEY THEMSELVES wanted to do?
-
The Jews weren't allowed to re-write the Word of God to suit THEM - neither are the Catholics allowed to.
Liar. You have no evidence you propaganda machine you. Even fanatics stay away from the lunacy u represent..

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#556001 Aug 21, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"My strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure."
Alfred Lord Tennyson
I think that is what God wants is a pure heart. I think we have to love him more than anything else and if we do so he will give us strength and help us with all things.

One of the beatitudes states: That blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God. So according to this scripture in order to go to heaven and see God we must all have a pure heart.

That was a good quote that you used. I don't remember hearing it before....so thanks for the quote.
Liam

Brooklyn, NY

#556002 Aug 21, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm
Fourthly, the Catholic claim of giving the Bible to the world cannot be true because they have not been the sole possessor of the Bible at any time. Some of the most valuable Greek Bibles and Versions have been handed down to us from non-Roman Catholic sources. A notable example of this is the Codex Sinaiticus which was found in the monastery of St. Catherine (of the Greek Orthodox Church) at Mount Sinai in 1844 and is now in the British Museum. It contains all of the books of the New Testament and all but small portions of the Old Testament. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was made early in the fourth century, not later than 350 A.D. This manuscript found by a German scholar named, Tishendorf, who was a Protestant, and this manuscript which is the most complete of all has never been in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church.
Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London. It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.
No Ignatius in the scriptures either.
Do you know the Catholic er "Roman Roman Roman Roman Catholic" and the Greek Orthodox were one Church for a thousand yrs? So yes, and can be said that the Orthodox compiled the Bible too..

- I sometimes exaggerate "Roman Roman" because I honestly think you guys don't have a clue what the title means, which is odd given how many times its been explained to you. Then again, how many times does an 8 yr old explain to y'all how the Earth is NOT 5,000 yrd old? Does it register? Nope, then why would something simple as the origins of the title "Roman" register?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#556003 Aug 21, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's,easy to love the home we have...I do hope to get to meet someday here or in the next life..who knows,what the future brings,!!!
we will meet. you are welcome in my homes any time. I got plenty of room. Take a vacation next year....

United States

#556004 Aug 21, 2014
guest wrote:
- Because what the popes have said contradicts what Christ has said.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
Martin Luther couldn't marry his lovely ex-nun without the approval of Jesus' spirit ... could he???
I suggest that Martin just took the words from the pope's bible for "GRANTED" ... pun intended.
-
-
Oh, please.
You know, we screwed up in this country (USA) for a few centuries, and are still suffering the fallout from slavery and genocide - but we are trying and it will take time for people to adjust thier thinking on it.
-
Same with Martin Luther. After 1500 years there is no way possible that he could come out of the
Catholic church and be 100% correct in what he taught. Impossible.
-
And SO, once again, when the Protestants have their equal time - without Catholic interference, then you can compare them - so, get back with me on this later, we only have 1500 years to wait. That is ...*IF* the Catholics completely sit it out.

Location hidden

#556005 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the Catholic er "Roman Roman Roman Roman Catholic" and the Greek Orthodox were one Church for a thousand yrs? So yes, and can be said that the Orthodox compiled the Bible too..
- I sometimes exaggerate "Roman Roman" because I honestly think you guys don't have a clue what the title means, which is odd given how many times its been explained to you. Then again, how many times does an 8 yr old explain to y'all how the Earth is NOT 5,000 yrd old? Does it register? Nope, then why would something simple as the origins of the title "Roman" register?
WHAT REALLY???? Now that is the very first time I have ever hear a catholic on this forum say that the orthodox church got credit for compiling the Bible...yes the two churches we one in the very beginning. It was not a catholic of orthodox. How many time do I have to explain..Catholic meaning UNIVERSAL...Not catholic as in the catholic church of today..Question now to you, why did it take you so long to make the claim that the orthodox church complied the Bible...if you include the orthodox church as doing this than this must also mean the orthodox church is also the True Church that Christ founded....

United States

#556006 Aug 21, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
-
-
Really.
-
-
-
Liam wrote:
Liar. You have no evidence you propaganda machine you. Even fanatics stay away from the lunacy u represent..
-
-
Yet ANOTHER ad hominem attack from a TYPICAL Catholic who can't muster an actual argument against me.
-
The ongoing history of your church is "evidence".
It's written down.
And it's all over the 'net for anyone to read.
And even Wiki has pages on everything your church has done against mankind (well, probably not EVERYTHING).
-
Lo' and behold! even YOU can even go in and change the Wiki pages if they prove to be incorrect!!
Go in and change them; I dare you.
-
IF YOU can change the Wiki pages, then I will consider it as *accurate evidence* that YOU are correct in your assertions.
-
Go in and change it and be sure to let me know where you made the changes. I demand proof of your assertions.

Location hidden

#556007 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
And I must also add...the orthodox church believes it is the true Church that Jesus founded and they also believe that it is the Orthodox church and only the orthodox church that compiled the Bible.. ask any orthodox these questions and they will not say that it was the catholic church the founded anything...we were one church yes in the beginning The Way....
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#556008 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
In what years were the Greek and RCC one church? There was no RCC until the fourth century, so please prove the churches were the same.

Have you ever heard me say the earth is only 5,000 years old? You're acting like an 8 year old with your assertions and accusations.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#556009 Aug 21, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
"ASK HIM TO GUIDE YOU IN FINDING THE TRUTH FROM HIS WORD."....Waste of time...Christ is not a guide...
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
Who will guide you??? Per Scripture....the Spirit of Truth....the Comforter....
Question..
How can you separate Jesus from the the Spirit of truth that is sent in Jesus name....

Are you really that dumb.....are you putting on an act?

It's hard to believe that any one that supposed to be a Christian could be so void of understanding as you are.....

Location hidden

#556010 Aug 21, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
In what years were the Greek and RCC one church? There was no RCC until the fourth century, so please prove the churches were the same.
Have you ever heard me say the earth is only 5,000 years old? You're acting like an 8 year old with your assertions and accusations.
they were one church BUT it was not called catholic church or orthodox church. In 1054 the church split and the Orthodox took the word catholic, from the creed,( meaning universal) and the orthodox took the name orthodox meaning true faith....

Location hidden

#556011 Aug 21, 2014
correction....the catholic took the word catholic, from the creed, meaning universal...
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#556012 Aug 21, 2014
who="Seraphima"]< quoted text>
we will meet. you are welcome in my homes any time. I got plenty of room. Take a vacation next year....

----------
Can I come, too? I'd love to meet you both!(Not really seriously considering it, though. I don't get around very well...but, I can dream, can't I?:)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#556013 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, how do you think we got a Bible? Men of the Catholic Church, who we believe were guided by the Holy Spirit, compiled one. This Church can be identified in every decade since Christ. The Bishops who succeeded the Apostles are named and some of thier writings are still preserved to this day. That's a clear enough definition for me.
"You are Peter and on this Rock I will build my Church". Im emphasizing "My Church"...My Church... CHURCH.
What did Peter do? He built up His Church as commanded; He ordained this man, Ignatius: "Wherever the Bishop appears, there let the people be; as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church" .
What Church? When did the Bible become "the Bible"? After the Catholic Church

was 350 yrs old. That's a fact.
.....Ate you claiming that all others are destined to hell? Sounds like it.

.....75% of the world population doesn't agree with you, and most western culture catholics don't practice what you preach.....Troubling!

....I am sure people of other beliefs have their historical references that they embrace.

....believe what you want , your not changing anyone's views on this forum.

Location hidden

#556014 Aug 21, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Seraphima"]< quoted text>
----------
Can I come, too? I'd love to meet you both!(Not really seriously considering it, though. I don't get around very well...but, I can dream, can't I?:)
You both would always be welcome in my home..GBu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web