Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679163 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555884 Aug 21, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Catholics are in hell too, June. We don't claim our religious affiliation is a golden ticket. There are Protestants who are better people than Catholics too.
Its all about the best possible path to reach salvation, and the further someone is from the truth of the Catholic faith, the harder and harder it gets. And those who are 'practicing' Catholics (especially clergy) who still do evil are the worst of the worst.
"The road to hell is paved with the skulls of erring Priests, and Bishops as their signposts" ~ St. John Chrysostom
"The floor of hell is covered with the skulls of Bishops"
~ St. Athenaeus
Does that finally clarify it? Now use a 8' string for your cat toy, that way you don't have to get out of your chair

----'-----
This is a first coming from you.....
Since you have finally acknowledged the truth ABOUT YOUR FAULTY RELIGIOUS SOCIETY...
THE NEXT STEP FOR YOU IS TO ....DISREGARD ALL DENOMINATIONS.....
GET ALONE WITH GOD AND STAY IN HIS PRESENCE UNTIL THIS IS SCRIPTURE IS PERSONALLY FULFILLED IN YOU LIFE
Snipped for inappropriate use of Sacred Scripture..
You been paying attention Confrint? We claim the Catholic faith is the true faith. We dont claim every Catholic is true to this faith.
Sadly, there are fallen Bishops and Priests who are in hell. But there are many more in Heaven. U don't want hear about the good ones right?...
Our clergy don't run around telling people how awesome they are, unlike u and Preston. Btw, this forum needs you two apostles right now. The big osas question is back......scripture verses are flying everywhere! Jump in and settle it. One team is guilty of preaching AGAINST the word of God, who is it?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#555885 Aug 21, 2014
seriously the original wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 16
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan:
As have preachers all through the centuries, you have a lot of FUN trying to frighten others with that Satan bullshit.

The men that wrote the theologies never asked their selves the question of why a loving god would create a spirit of Satan ... knowing he was going to destroy humanity.

Had they thought of it, they wouldn't have added Satan to their literature as being REAL.

If you don't wake out of stupors ... no one can do it for you.

I realize you feel POWER when you preach religious JUNK at others ... but you don't help others by preaching JUNK AT them that keeps them locked in states of FEAR.

Prince George, Canada

#555886 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>They were misled
"THEY" were mislead.

What about YOU???

Here's an AHHHAAA moment for you. What if Satan is leading you to preach, and God has nothing to do with what you are preaching at others?

Remember that according to theology ... both God AND Satan live in that bible.

Bunkology!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555887 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gal. 5:4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Don't know of any true born again Christians who are seeking to be justified by the law and I see no indication in the verse of regeneration.
Romans 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Ridiculous, Chuck. Reeediculous!
You don't know what the Bible is nor how to read verses. Do you think I enjoy watching y'all unravel the word of God? I only hope the next generation of private sola scripturist' patch it back together. Well, that would make them Catholic then. Lol

“Its better when its original”

Since: Mar 13

Let's Play

#555888 Aug 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You use the bible to preach at others about how to be as aligned to "divine" truth, as are you.
You certainly don't USE it to point at your own weaknesses by stating on this forum that you could use the sermons of others to improve your self.
The bible is used as a book of VANITY. "Look at ME. I KNOW the meaning of universal truth and you DON'T know. I will show you WHAT to believe in order to be saved."
The Bible is the only true guide. It should be used to learn the truth. I don't feel that I am anything more than anyone else. I am unworthy, and I am just grateful for the crumbs from the master table. I do not think that I am better than anyone else and I never want to think that way....I am just glad for God's mercy and do not care if I am considered least of all his children....just as long as I am one of them.

I just want to make it to heaven and I have hope and pray for everyone. I did not die on a cross so I do not choose who can and will be saved. That is God's job, not mine. I just thank him that he has had mercy on me and I want to be merciful and love others as Jesus does.

Prince George, Canada

#555889 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You been paying attention Confrint? We claim the Catholic faith is the true faith. We dont claim every Catholic is true to this faith.
So only those who believe as YOU believe are true members of Jesus' and God's elite clan???

Now THAT is a quaint way to handle the issue.

"ME ... ME ... ME ... Follow ME and you will be SAVED."

BWAGGHHH!

Let's Play

#555890 Aug 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As have preachers all through the centuries, you have a lot of FUN trying to frighten others with that Satan bullshit.
The men that wrote the theologies never asked their selves the question of why a loving god would create a spirit of Satan ... knowing he was going to destroy humanity.
Had they thought of it, they wouldn't have added Satan to their literature as being REAL.
If you don't wake out of stupors ... no one can do it for you.
I realize you feel POWER when you preach religious JUNK at others ... but you don't help others by preaching JUNK AT them that keeps them locked in states of FEAR.
I am not trying to preach at others, I quoted the word of God. I did not write it, I just quoted it. Oh and I don't think any scripture in the Bible is junk. Man should not live by bread alone but by the word of God.

Prince George, Canada

#555891 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>The Bible is the only true guide.
Not according to those in all other religions of the world.

Of course your tunnel vision blocks you from all other points of view.

I realize that from being around those in religion all my life.

Your way is NARROW in thought and deed!
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#555892 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have a problem because of Ephesians 2:8
?
She has a problem because of Ephesians 2:8?
Gulp.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#555893 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text> I am unworthy, and I am just grateful for the crumbs from the master table.
If you are unworthy, then how can you keep your salvation?

Let's Play

#555894 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have a problem because of Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
If salvation is also by your works, how are you still saved by grace?
Ephesians 2:8 is most definitely true. I could not save myself or forgive my sins. I needed an advocate whose name is Jesus Christ. He died on a cross so that I might be saved. So yes I need grace to be saved and I need grace to do the work of God. But I had better be trying to do my best and following Jesus....or I myself by sinning am denying Jesus and turning from his grace. Try reading the rest of Ephesians and look at what all it is talking about.
Ephesians 4
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But ye have not so learned Christ;

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

So why do people take one part and try and leave the rest out....we cannot just take what we want we have to take the whole book.

2 Peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#555895 Aug 21, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
She has a problem because of Ephesians 2:8?
Gulp.
I've been away but one thing remains the same. Your posts are still stupid that bring nothing to the forum. At least throw in a "42,000 denominations" or "you re no authority on scripture".

That is the catholic go to reply when the scripture presented contradicts their doctrine.

Let's Play

#555896 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Through the grace of God. But I cannot just do whatever I want and expect it to keep me. God will not continue to walk with me if I continue to sin and walk away from him and his marvelous grace. Because if I willfully sin I am turning from God and his grace.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#555897 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Ephesians 2:8 is most definitely true.
If it's definitely true, then why post faith without works is dead? That is contradicting ...no?

Let's Play

#555898 Aug 21, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"THEY" were mislead.
What about YOU???
Here's an AHHHAAA moment for you. What if Satan is leading you to preach, and God has nothing to do with what you are preaching at others?
Remember that according to theology ... both God AND Satan live in that bible.
Bunkology!
Here's how I know. I will not state my opinion as fact, but will quote the Word of God. My opinions do not matter. The Word of God is the only truth and the way. It is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my ways. So that is why I say I have to study and pray for understanding. I do not know everything and if I get in my self then I am wrong. I want to let God have his way and teach me of his ways. I don't ever want to be found standing in his way with my own thoughts.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#555899 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>Through the grace of God. But I cannot just do whatever I want and expect it to keep me. God will not continue to walk with me if I continue to sin and walk away from him and his marvelous grace. Because if I willfully sin I am turning from God and his grace.
Who said you can do what you want after you receive salvation...I didn't.

If you willfully sin.....

which brings us back to this:

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for Godís seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#555900 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Grace

Let's Play

#555901 Aug 21, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's definitely true, then why post faith without works is dead? That is contradicting ...no?
Please just read the Bible it explains it. Take the whole book because it does link together. Don't just read one line or verse take it all.
James 2
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#555902 Aug 21, 2014
Holy dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you double sorry
1/you act like first century enemy of true disciples, today JW
2/ I feel sorry,that Lill whispers was hijacked not you,
but I love you me dear retarded false believer, and encourage to open door for JW,who can help you to have basic understanding of The Bible,
because now you are complete dumb butt, have ears and not hear,have eyes and not see,
just very dead worthless heart without of any soul?
and you have a filthy mouth for someone that is giving advice to me..... practice what you preach and then maybe, maybe people will see you in a different light. If you love me as you say, you will do this....
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#555903 Aug 21, 2014
<quoted text>I am not trying to preach at others, I quoted the word of God. I did not write it, I just quoted it. Oh and I don't think any scripture in the Bible is junk. Man should not live by bread alone but by the word of God.
....man wrote the words, and you have no idea what they wrote is true.

....you believe they are true just like others of different beliefs who believe with all their hearts that their ancestors wrote the truth.

...your belief is personal, but doesn't mean its right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What is up with that strange photo of President... 41 min andet1987 8
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 9 hr superwilly 84,701
News Pope's Egypt visit offers chance to improve Cat... 9 hr BB Board 1
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... 12 hr True Christian wi... 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 24 Apostolic of anot... 10,545
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... May 23 WhollyConcrete 8
News President Trump to meet with Pope Francis May 23 Rico from East Lo... 4
More from around the web