Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685847 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#554531 Aug 13, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already asked you more than once what the other half of what Jesus taught was, but you never responded with anything specific.
Sure I have - you just refuse to accept my answers.

These are not taught by Christianity and hold alot of Jesus' teachings - alot more than what is in the canon.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html

Albuquerque, NM

#554532 Aug 13, 2014
....and with 2 Timothy'a approval that "All scriptures...."are included, you do only utilize less than half of what Jesus taught.

Why? Are you afraid Jesus wasn't right in those teachings? Jesus was talking out of his ass with these teachings?

Or more accurately - they take away from the teachings that men want you to only believe?

Sounds like you are in a conundrum.

Albuquerque, NM

#554533 Aug 13, 2014
True Christian witness wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not Jehovah God or his son Jesus that teaches disobedient mankind will suffer after death, it is false religions and preachers that profess to be godly, because they do not understand the symbolic language of Scripture. Also the fact that hellfire is a tool of bondage for the Catholic religion, and those religions who adopt that false doctrine.
Matthew 13:10,11
Hi True Christian witness.....finally someone who seems to show they are knowledgeable about God and Jesus.

Please post where "God" specifically states which texts are of "His inspiration" and suitable for use, and where "He" states that certain texts are not.

Please be specific.

Thanks!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554534 Aug 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Never trust men that claimed they knew universal truth and in turn could WRITE of universal truth. And never trust women who in turn take those male-created words to believe that they along with men are preaching universal truth.
Someone wrote that there will come a day when women will be relieved to know they never wrote even one word in the bible.
I suggest there will come a day when women along with men will be sorry they picked up that bible to preach words at others as being evil sinners.
June, Feminism is a polarized mess,based on a hatred by women for what they perceive as Male dominance.Being a feminist will not give you what you need to survive this present life you are in,it will only make you more bitter. It is not meant for men to embrace a feminist point of view,but rather to be sensitive to women for the right reasons. Feminism is a form of anarchy,and a rebelliousness that bears bitter fruit in those who practice it.

Your view of God comes out quite strongly as a Male figure you object to, that is what feminism has done for your reasoning,it is counter-productive to your role on this planet,because it keeps you holding on to a bitter root.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#554535 Aug 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina
Peace
I agree with you in an "ideal" situation, in which the recipient understands transubstantiation.
But also I think many people have the need to "see", or "sense" their faith in similar fashion that Thomas had to see and feel Jesus. And so the host and blood can be tasted by them, and be effectual in their faith.
It seems to me, that the Protestants on the forum here, are not so much interested in a common future with Christ, as in having one abandon all past relations with the RCC. And that makes for some interesting dilemmas for those who have left the RCC, yet still have had been introduced to Christianity because of it.
Others that have come to Christ and remain non-RCC, either are not drawn into investigating, or are satisfied with their position with Christ at this time.
But as a general rule, most of the non-Catholics I know, are more spiritually minded than those I have seen on this thread, and not as intellectually ready to do some battle against the RCC.(smiles)
I don't think there is any one way, in which God deals with each of us, except that those willing to endure humbly before Him are led by Him. And a lot of that depends on just how open we can be to accepting His Light, which shines in the dark places in our lives....
I think it is a better way to be spiritually minded. And so I am happier now, than yesterday. I hope the same for you.
I must have missed something ...taste??? Texture??

They taste the same both consecrated and before ...and yes I know ..unless I was supposed to taste something different during Mass,?? Interesting concept ...

It tastes,like the host tastes, or does it taste different to you ..maybe I misunderstood .

And many Catholics do NOT get the wine at Mass, in a,lot of Churches and different places . Only get host ...though the wine seems to be offered to the servers..

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554536 Aug 13, 2014
One I KNOW I was,never taught ..never had the wine though , but I really doubt it tastes,different
Pad

Rockford, IL

#554537 Aug 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina
Peace
Transubstantiation is just a word used to convey the mystery of Christ, and of faith in him, I agree.
Perhaps it, and consubstantiation get in the way of faith?
It may be that the darkness faced by Christians all over the world is a burden we must all share, as those suffering becomes our own.
It is a time of darkness on the earth, but we must not despair. Prayer brings us to God, and He answers all prayers.
Peace
We should all agree with Regina about the Middle Eastern Christians and their plight. It is quite obvious that Radical Islamic Isis is bound and determined to wipe Christianity out in their region,along with the Yazidis and the Kurds as well. Pure Islam has no tolerance for anyother religion,it stands alone. But in our own history Christianity felt the same way in Europe, just read the history of Jews in Europe.

I hope that the Christians will not be destroyed in Iraq, and Syria, as they are the witness of the Divine Savior. And frankly who wants to see so many people uprooted from their way of life,it is a terrible thing when we humans will not let others live and let live.

The world is "AFLAME"!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#554538 Aug 13, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I read your post. Dust Storm, GROW UP in the Lord,you are very immature in your reasoning of history and Christianity as a whole,and that is not a pompous assessment either!
Truly funny! You give a pompous, self righteous, arrogant and childish answer which addresses nothing. I suppose that is better than the usual long wind with no substance with broadbrush statements like the one above. You accuse other Protestants of being pompous but exclude yourself. How Rich and predictable.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#554539 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
luther strongly disputed the claim that freedom from God's punishment for sin could be purchased with monetary values.
that is Biblical, we cant buy Salvation since it is a free gift from God.
Luther taught that salvation and subsequently eternity in heaven is not earned by good deeds but is received only as a free gift of God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ as redeemer from sin and subsequently eternity in Hell. His theology challenged the authority of the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church by teaching that the Bible is the only source of divinely revealed knowledge from God[2]
I have no problem with this assessment.
On his deathbed, Luther was asked,'Are you ready to die trusting in your Lord Jesus Christ and to confess the doctrine which you have taught in his name?'. He answered,'Yes' before taking his final breath.
unknown to catholics, this is called "dying Grace". to the Christian there is Saving grace, Keeping Grace and dying Grace. All provided by God and not the catholic church.
any person who could argue with this attitude, doesnt know God, and doesn't want to know Him. people like star and reg, among others.
Luther hated Jews. this was his biggest Problem, no stars in his crown for this hatred. But the final word on this is did he really have what he claimed at his death.
his opposition to the papacy in no way prohibits God to give to him eternal life. there is no harm in calling evil, evil. in fact, we are urged to withstand false doctrine even at the cost of our lives.
As I've said, I don't know all of Luther's life, but in your assessment of this, I totally agree ,Preston. He beliefs,from what I know,regarding Jesus alone as the pastor for sin...are biblical and the need for FAITH in HIM ....

Where Luther learned hatred of Jews , I don't know, but there was a Jews killed Jesus mentality in many countries and throughout Christendom , especially with the Inquistions but even much later ..people hated Jews and used this as an excuse...today in this age of denying JESUS as,Lord , they use other excuses to kill them..ALL contrary to God's laws and NOTHING JESUS,told the disciples to do ...even to further the spread of Christianity ...cannot fathom how,they did this persecution and claimed CHRIST at the same time, but that's another discussion..

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#554540 Aug 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have missed something ...taste??? Texture??
They taste the same both consecrated and before ...and yes I know ..unless I was supposed to taste something different during Mass,?? Interesting concept ...
It tastes,like the host tastes, or does it taste different to you ..maybe I misunderstood .
And many Catholics do NOT get the wine at Mass, in a,lot of Churches and different places . Only get host ...though the wine seems to be offered to the servers..
RoSesz

Peace

Imho, I think that some people feel the reinforcement of their faith in Christ by the senses. It is as Thomas had to "see" Jesus after his death in order to believe.(Of course we know also that it is more blessed to believe than to see.)

And the latter is what you write of is that you do not believe that the elements of the wine and bread are changed, although by taste, texture, and smell, but perhaps the substance of them are changed.

Likewise, a human being in substance is changed when they accept Christ and are born again, although they appear the same, with the same smells, tastes, and texture as before.

Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. But for some their faith is helped by the senses, others need him in an emotional way, or intellectually. And for some these become crutches, or even idols.

Imho, it would seem our best acceptance of Christ is spiritually, and this may take years of searching, like me, to be found.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#554541 Aug 13, 2014
who="Robert F"]<quoted text>
Preston
Peace
I am no authority on Luther. But I have only a question concerning his being saving grace, by faith. If as he believed, that the human free-will was incapable of choosing a moral good, due to sin, then how can one accept God gift of grace, to be saved, or have free-will? Does this not mean that God FORCED the gift upon man's free-will? And then man really has no free-will?
It is that I would rather see everyone understand what is involved with being saved by the grace of God that I ask these questions, so that it is better understood....
Often in the past, we remember things, and people which we believe did much for us, but in fact our benefactors may be quite unseen and unknown to us.
Peace
----------
God does not oppose our freewill. If you recall, man's very being is the gift of God. He created us and gave us His own breath to make us alive.
Adam, through his disobedience, invited the knowledge of evil (sin) by eating the very thing that introduced the knowledge of evil into himself. Prior to that time, he lived in the garden of Eden. No pain, death, sorrow; nor even thorns, etc.
Through accepting Jesus Christ's provision for us by our own will, we are born again of His Spirit. Our inner man receives immediate power (John 1:8) to overcome evil by our choice. We have to war against our flesh, which has not yet been changed. Upon being resurrected, our bodies will be like His; not subject to sin/evil of any sort....death or disease, pain or sorrow.

We are not 'forced' to accept His plan, but it is like walking in the rain: You can carry an umbrella, or just get wet...the choice is yours.! It is a marvelous choice, and the choice is ours.

As for Luther, remember that he was a Catholic, and while he discovered that we receive salvation by faith, he, like us, did not 'unlearn' some of his earlier teachings right away. He had been taught that the Jews were Christ killers.

Many Catholics are very sincere, but they have been taught that the CC priests must administer salvation to them. Doctrines and rituals cannot change the heart; only Jesus can do that by faith in His name.

Act 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him does this man stand here before you whole.
Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought (as nothing) of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is NO OTHER NAME under heaven given among men, WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED.

It is the most wonderful gift ever given to mankind, and it is given to "whosoever will".

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#554542 Aug 13, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly funny! You give a pompous, self righteous, arrogant and childish answer which addresses nothing. I suppose that is better than the usual long wind with no substance with broadbrush statements like the one above. You accuse other Protestants of being pompous but exclude yourself. How Rich and predictable.
~~~

One can always tell when a Roman Catholic is penned in a corner,..and frustrated

.Their usual response is to attack.

Mainly because you have no HANDS ON,......HEART FELT.... UNDERSTANDING to give an answer from....ONLY PROXY

ALWAYS depending upon The agency of another to acts as a substitute for your principals; .

A substitute; for Jesus....such as MARY HIS MOTHER....OR ONE OF THE SAINTS...

you are not familiar with Jesus.

THUS

YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A PERSONAL FELLOWSHIP..AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD ......BY PROXY

NONE CAN KNOW HIS LOVE .....BY PROXY...

NONE CAN HEAR HIS VOICE ...BY PROXY

NONE CAN KNOW OF HIS POWER... BY PROXY

NON CAN PARTAKE OF HIS DIVINE NATURE ...BY PROXY

NONE CAN HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST ...BY PROXY

None can be familiar by proxy.

None can be virtuous

None can be wise by proxy.

NON CAN BE VICTORIOUS IN HIM ...BY PROXY...

BUT WHEN ONE EXPERIENCES HELL ...I CAN ASSURE YOU IT WONT BE A PROXY EXPERIENCE.

THERE WILL BE NO PROXY AGENT THERE TO TAKE YOUR PLACE...

IT WILL BE ...THOROUGHLY PERSONAL

Mar_9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Location hidden

#554543 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
it is illogical to claim that since the word "Trinity" also is not found in the Bible, that its concept is not taught therein, just as "dying grace" is not be found in the Bible which qualifies you to be a very illogical person,.
I love how you left after I showed how ignorant that you are and post after I left this forum for awhile
Trinity is not in Scripture...but the teaching of the Holy Trinity is: Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

See: in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

What you have is in your genes...it is not curable...
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Winter Park, FL

#554544 Aug 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina
Peace
Transubstantiation is just a word used to convey the mystery of Christ, and of faith in him, I agree.
Perhaps it, and consubstantiation get in the way of faith?
It may be that the darkness faced by Christians all over the world is a burden we must all share, as those suffering becomes our own.
It is a time of darkness on the earth, but we must not despair. Prayer brings us to God, and He answers all prayers.
Peace
So much "spiritual" whining from the richest country on earth.

I'll bet Jesus would be impressed, if he weren't a delusion.

Come to the light of reality.

peace and love
ramen
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#554545 Aug 13, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz
Peace
Imho, I think that some people feel the reinforcement of their faith in Christ by the senses. It is as Thomas had to "see" Jesus after his death in order to believe.(Of course we know also that it is more blessed to believe than to see.)
And the latter is what you write of is that you do not believe that the elements of the wine and bread are changed, although by taste, texture, and smell, but perhaps the substance of them are changed.
Likewise, a human being in substance is changed when they accept Christ and are born again, although they appear the same, with the same smells, tastes, and texture as before.
Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. But for some their faith is helped by the senses, others need him in an emotional way, or intellectually. And for some these become crutches, or even idols.
Imho, it would seem our best acceptance of Christ is spiritually, and this may take years of searching, like me, to be found.
I agree with your analogy. Nobody is saying the taste and texture changes or that scientific proof is necessary that it needs be proven it turns into something physical. I used the loaves and Fishes. How do you scientifically examine that one loaf and some fish could feed thousands? It was a miracle if one chooses to believe it. How to you believe that Baptism washes sins away and is not just a bath as Peter says. It is calling upon the Father, Son and Holy Spirit with faith. Jesus was born in the House of Bread. He said, I am the living bread. You must eat my flesh and drink my blood to have eternal life. In thinking Carnally many walked away from that day. I do not know how people can get sick and die on symbolic bread and wine when Paul asks, Is this not the body of Christ? When the Jews were in Egypt they had to partake of the Lamb or their first born would die. They had to come into communion. They could not just make a cake with a picture of a lamb and do it symbolically.

In terms of transubstantiation and consubstantiation. The mystery is that somehow Christ is present if one chooses that. Your former methodist upbringing would be more toward consubstantiation. Many do not know the difference nor do they care. However even with transubstantiation it is still accepted in faith but is a mystery. However it states that it truly is the body and blood of Christ. The early Fathers attest to this belief very clearly and those outside Christianity who historically called them the flesh eaters did so because they also tried to apply it Carnally. Rumors such as the Christians eat flesh of others and sacrifice chidlren came forth from this lack of understanding.

Consubstantiation says that the bread and wine as well as the flesh and blood are present depending on who is defining it. Transubstaniation says the bread and wine are no longer present it has changed. How or when this change takes place has been a matter of controversy. The church has believed it must come through faith and reverence and calls upon the Lord.. Even if you deny it has truly changed in substance spiritually as food to nourish your soul and commune with Jesus with faith and having confessed your sins and believe Jesus is at least present then if Jesus was present in it in some way then it should be respected. The mocking andcalling it cracker snacks is extremrely disrpectful. Many things must be accepted by Faith. Yes there will always be the doubting Thomases who will need to physically touch and see with their own eyes before they will believe. However on this St Paul paraphrased says even the pagans have the law written in their hearts.

Location hidden

#554546 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>We don't have to see a specific word in the Bible in order for the concept it describes to be true.
for instance, you oftimes use the word incarnation or a derivative, but it is not in the Bible, that doesn't seem to bother you, but IF I use a term well known to many, but not you. you go ballistics since that goes against your attitude that you know more than I do, which of course you don't.
I use a word and then you c&p it, thereby thinking that you know more about that word that I do, yet it comes from a source, not your own intelligence which Chess doesn't believe you have any, that you are a liar and a thief.lol
incarnation: A bodily manifestation of a supernatural being.

If you want to argue that Christ was not the bodily manifestation of God Almighty...go for it...you are good at defending the absurd...
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#554547 Aug 13, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I have - you just refuse to accept my answers.
These are not taught by Christianity and hold alot of Jesus' teachings - alot more than what is in the canon.
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/nhlalpha.html
Which of these gnostic writings contain the other half of Jesus' teachings?

Location hidden

#554548 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
this post shows how ignorant that you are.
dictionaryofdoctrine.com/Dying-Grace.html
uh, if you had looked at this blog, you would have noticed that it has nothing in common with an ordinary dictionary. reading and comprehending doesn't seem to be a very strong point with you. if you would quit stealing the works of others and try to learn something on your own, it would be beneficial to you and also to us.
I hate and GIF does too, to discuss anything with you, since you are eons behind us.lol
You are not paying attention..I have already told you to stick to your dictionary and I will stand on the Word of God...
Gods r Delusions x Mine

Winter Park, FL

#554549 Aug 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Ancient literature was compiled when men knew nothing of science.
They suffered horrible fates from diseases and natural earth catastrophes ... so what they wrote came from their experiences OF suffering. The average life expectancy was about 29 years of age.
It's common sense that their literature would reflect the notion that the gods were punishing offenders and that there would be the same literal hells in hereafters. Their lives on earth WERE living hells.
But science has explained that gods are not killing humans with lightning bolts, et cetera.
I suggest it's time to stop being so silly as to believe that a god is there to welcome you to eternal bliss and reject other souls to eternal hells.
True, bats are not birds, the earth doesn't sit on pillars, and rabbits don't chew their cud.

All that was harmless.

But Jesus mocking those who practiced good hygene by washing their hands before eating!

How much harm did that do throughout the ages?

Oh, and "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live"

So many goodies from the delusional angry god.

Mine is the only true God. My God odesn't tell us to harm anyone.

peace and love,
ramen

Location hidden

#554550 Aug 13, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
Saving grace, living grace, dying grace
Velma Barfield was a woman from rural North Carolina who was charged with first degree murder; no one could have surmised the effect her life and death would have upon so many people. In 1978 she was arrested for murdering four people, including her mother and fiance. She never denied her guilt, but told the chilling story of her drug-dazed life, beginning with the tranquilizers which were prescribed following a painful injury.
She was taken to prison and confined in a cell by herself. One night the guard tuned into a twenty-four-hour gospel station. Down the gray hall, desperate and alone in her cell, Velma heard the words of an evangelist and allowed Jesus Christ to enter her life. Her conversion was genuine. For six years on death row she ministered to many of her cellmates. The outside world began to hear about Velma Barfield and her remarkable regeneration.
Velma wrote to Ruth and there developed a real friendship between them. In one letter Ruth wrote to Velma, "God has turned your cell on Death Row into a most unusual pulpit. There are people who will listen to what you have to say because of where you are. When I compare the dreariness, isolation, and difficulty of your cell to the glory that lies ahead of you, I could wish for your sake that God would say,'Come on Home.'"
Before her final sentence, Velma wrote to Ruth: "If I am executed on August 31, I know the Lord will give me dying grace, just as He gave me saving grace, and has given me living grace." On the night she was executed, Ruth and I knelt and prayed together for her till we knew she was safe in Glory.
Velma Barfield was the first woman in twenty-two years to be executed in the United States. She walked through the valley of the shadow for many years and at her memorial service Rev. Hugh Hoyle said, "She died with dignity and she died with purpose. Velma is a living demonstration of "by the grace of God you shall be saved.'"
Given time...Salvation is possible...no denying... it produces peace, serenity, thankfulness...

However, to compare Salvation with what you are calling, dying grace, is like comparing a prune to a pecan....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web