Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650226 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#553897 Aug 10, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Many unamed people,were,crucified..the,Jew s,AND ROMANS did not believe in the,Resurrection. Why would they write,about it ..
How do you know,what writings,were destroyed in Judea,in the,fall of Jerusalem .or destroyed by the Emperors , Jews, zealots persecuting the,Christians,...those,who believed wrote..to each other and for posterity ..it's,God's,hand,that preserved,what we,have .
....a man that could bring dead people back to life, and feed 5000 people with 1 loaf of crusty bread and 1 halibut fish would have commanded great attention. But nobody seemed to noticed.

.....a miraculous virgin birth with kings following a new light in the sky, baring gifts for the new born king, and no one noticed?

.....the sky going completely dark, and zombies coming out of their graves, and no one during this time noticed?

....a man commanding so much attention that he had to preach from a boat on the sea of Galilee because the crowds were so overwhelming....yet contemporary history says nothing.

.....today we have world libraries that contain writings and manuscripts from this location and era and not one of them mention anything of what I stated above about Jesus, Mary, Joseph, or 12 apostles.

...I am not saying you are wrong, and factually you can't say I am wrong.

....remember what you have is a Belief. Belief does not mean a fact.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#553898 Aug 10, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're just a judgemental old hag whose perfection is above reproach.
I admit I know little about the inner workings of the RCC. I have become interested and have much to learn. I do not hate catholics or any person here. I disagree with the popes assertion that the RCC is the only true church.
If you don't like wiki, give me a source that proves me wrong.
Like I said before, it doesn't take away from the bloody, murderous history of your RCC. Do you need a link for that too dolt?
You know nothing about me. You made the highly offensive and insulting accusation that the Catholic Church was killing Christians in the first century and based it on a wiki article which you mis-read and presumably some phantom authoritative sources. Then you begrudgingly concede and sarcastically claim that it was Christians killing Christians because you don't believe the Church at Rome even existed. When called out, you demand I prove you wrong. That's not how it works, again, it's you making the allegation, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

P.s. If you're sincere as you say you are and want to know what the Church teaches, just ask. It doesn't make sense to get your info from hostile anti-Catholic sources.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553899 Aug 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Every religion has an inquisitive method in place to weed out heresy. And yeah, it is Biblical:
"If any among you, within the towns the Lord has given you, a man or woman who does evil in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgression his covenant, and has gone and served other gods,.........then you shall inquire dillegently."
Deuteronomy 17:2-5
Your info on the Inquisitions is outdated, im sure. I told you..... throw away those anti Catholic propaganda pamphlets and seek truth.
What do you mean outdated? How can history be outdated? There is good and evil, with everything in between in all areas of this world. When men lust after anything, power, money etc. they will do whatever it takes to acquire it.

IMO, the adversary of our God can be seen in every aspect of Biblical history, current day, and as scriptures tells us, the future. I'm just saying be careful. Listen to every word and watch any actions of your church leaders, especially the Vatican, putting God first in all things. IMO, the world is changing for the worst at a very rapid rate. We all know how it's going to end. I have no doubt God is yours and you are God's.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553900 Aug 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about me. You made the highly offensive and insulting accusation that the Catholic Church was killing Christians in the first century and based it on a wiki article which you mis-read and presumably some phantom authoritative sources. Then you begrudgingly concede and sarcastically claim that it was Christians killing Christians because you don't believe the Church at Rome even existed. When called out, you demand I prove you wrong. That's not how it works, again, it's you making the allegation, the burden of proof is on the accuser.
P.s. If you're sincere as you say you are and want to know what the Church teaches, just ask. It doesn't make sense to get your info from hostile anti-Catholic sources.
And you know nothing about me. While I have read that first century Christians were killed at the hands of others claiming to be Christian, it's been awhile and I cannot provide the link. I was wrong in calling those christians "catholic", therefore insulting all catholics. That was wrong.

However, you cannot deny the church has a bloody past.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553901 Aug 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Giving honor to God who's the head of my life.
All people of religion have imaginary gods or goddesses in their heads that they claim head their lives.

"Holy ME is following MY deitie's SET IN UNIVERSAL-TRUTH'S rules ... and you are NOT ... you evil wretch."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#553902 Aug 10, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
This is such an excellent post from you, USA Born.
-
Sadly, the truth is, Catholics don't like Wiki because it records all their misdeeds. I had this discussion with them before, and challenged them to go in and change whatever is found to be inaccurate - as it is Wiki's policy to allow the community itself to edit inaccuracies found there.:: Contrast that with the Catholic Church who tells lies and expects their followers to just believe them without question.
-
It's much like the modern day struggle of the Israelis vs. the Palestinians.
The lie has been told so often that everyone, even the media, believe that Israel has continually attacked the Palestinians unprovoked.
-
The VICTIM becomes the 'aggressor' with this sort of propaganda running rampant and being believed by much of the world. But, this is "war' on evil to the Muslim when they are slaughtering 'infidels'. Just like it was 'war' on evil to the Catholic when they were slaughtering heretics.
-
Again, I say, the Arabs learned it all by watching the Catholics. And now HELL has indeed PREVAILED on the earth.
-
I have said this before: Catholics like to say that hell shall not prevail against the Catholic Church.... But, quite frankly, they opened the door to hell and walked right in.
-
There is no way that Christ would allow torture and murder to be a means of winning converts to the faith. And I cannot, for the life of me, comprehend why the Catholic does not understand that.
Except that wiki doesn't say what you and USA are saying about the Catholic Church. And I've asked you to cite evidence of your claims many times...but you've never been able to, just like USA. You two shouldn't be so gullible.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553903 Aug 10, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Wow! Liam YOU ARE QUOTING SCRIPTURE!
-
out of context, but still...
yeah. I don't think Catholics can handle the scriptures, so best they leave them alone ...
-
LOL! keep doing that and someone will accuse you of being one of them there ... "sola-scriptura" dudes ...
We as Catholics can ALL quote scripture!.... The difference is that we don't "misquote it" and "mis-interpret it" like bible only Protestants!.....

Prince George, Canada

#553904 Aug 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not aware that Satan has been winning souls ....to Satan...in the name of Christ.
Muslims also have a devil with the title Shaytan that they worship as REAL. And according to the Muslims he already has your soul in HIS GRASP simply because you are not of the Muslim faith.

If I were to put faith in the reality of Satan, it would only be fair of me to also put faith in the reality of Shaytan.

If YOU try being that fair, it will confuse your loyalties LIE ... RIGHT???
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#553905 Aug 10, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
Wow! Liam YOU ARE QUOTING SCRIPTURE!
-
out of context, but still...
yeah. I don't think Catholics can handle the scriptures, so best they leave them alone ...
-
LOL! keep doing that and someone will accuse you of being one of them there ... "sola-scriptura" dudes ...
Catholics could quote scripture verses all day. So what? You'll reject the meaning... then when we leave, your fellow protestants will reject your rejection. Lol. You don't know what the Bible is, where it came from and how it should be used. Now go read Revelation with the other residents of the compound and use your orphan Annie secret decoder ring to figure out the real Christian teachings; God secretly hid it just for 20th century American SDA members.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553906 Aug 10, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics can ALL quote scripture!.... The difference is that we don't "misquote it" and "mis-interpret it" like bible only Protestants!.....
Yeah yeah, only you have the real truth. Nobody can understand scripture but your leaders. What an insane approch to the Words of God and Christ.

Prince George, Canada

#553907 Aug 10, 2014
Protestant-debater ... "Jesus and God are on my side of the debate. They Both LOVE me."

Catholic-debater ... "Jesus and God are on my side of the debate. They both LOVE me."

New Age Spiritual Leader ... "Jesus' spirit only thinks what 'I' think, so I'm certain that Jesus' spirit would not take into consideration what either one of you believe as being at all worthy of spirit's attention."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#553908 Aug 10, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know nothing about me. While I have read that first century Christians were killed at the hands of others claiming to be Christian, it's been awhile and I cannot provide the link. I was wrong in calling those christians "catholic", therefore insulting all catholics. That was wrong.
History is filled with bloody conflicts. Humankind is bloody. The 20th century was the bloodiest era in human history. Our country is guilty of the massacre of 50 million innocent babies in just the last few decades. How will history judge the USA? How will people 1000 years from now judge you being a proud citizen of the USA?

Yes, the Catholic Church did some questionable things centuries ago, and we had a few scoundrel popes at the helm. Some questions to ponder; what part did your ancestors play in it? Are you a first generation Christian or are you a descendant? What Christian group were your descendants part of before the reformation? With no internet, no UN, no international cooperation to condemn atrocities, no way of combating aggressive religious movements (like jihadist Islam for example) other than by the sword, how would it be dealt with?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#553909 Aug 10, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to ask; what source do you have to support your idea that Christians were killing other Christians in the first century? I've never seen any respectable scholar propose such a theory.

Prince George, Canada

#553910 Aug 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics could quote scripture verses all day. So what?
That's what I want to know. They wrote em and they quoted em ... so WHAT?

I write what some "might" refer to as poetry, and I quote the words, but although you might read the words, you might or might not agree on the meanings OF the words.

Example ...

Christian theology in a nutshell

"Dear Jesus ... though you ARE a Jew
I still love you, it is true
Now get busy and erase my sin
And be at heaven's gate to let me in
I am worthy of your love
I am ready for heaven above
I don't believe other Jews are saved
But you dear Jesus, it's you I crave
Now run your errands for me today
And get busy for my stay
When you will worship me forever
As your very worthy treasure

June VanDerMark
August 9, 2013
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#553911 Aug 10, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I watched your video, Liam.
Lame to say the least.
History written after the fact BY THE AGGRESSOR, is not truly history.
-
Case in point:
Consider American History for instance:
White man Murdered and tortured the Native Americans and called them Merciless Indian Savages.
That is what is written in the history books of this country.
It is even written in the Declaration of Independence that they are "Merciless Indian Savages."
-
But I ask you: Would someone in American history - who was protecting themselves and their property - be called a MERCILESS SAVAGE ... if his/her skin was white?
No.
-
History is written by the victor - which is usually the aggressor.
-
White man was the aggressor in American History; very little History is extant from the Native Americans.
-
Rome was the aggressor in Roman Catholic Church history 'or' "Christian" History; very little history is extant from True Christians.
-
go figure.

I gave you a nice video with the writings of Justin Martyr. You say "history written by the aggressor is not truly history". Well that sums up how the fundie brain operates.
Never mind, people, that Justin Martyr and many of his students were executed by the empire in 160 AD...... he was the aggressor according to guest!

Clement of Rome ( 3rd Bishop of Rome), studied under Peter and Paul; martyred by being tossed over the side of a ship. A normal Christian might be interested in what this man wrote.

Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch, studied under John; fed to the lions. Do you dismiss his writings because Ignatius was on the "winners" side.
Man, you are fascinating, guest.

Prince George, Canada

#553912 Aug 10, 2014
There is no doubt that when the Puritans used the Bishop's Bible to manipulate the words and ultimately publish the KJV ... they lead the people astray in the idea that the words were inspired DIRECT from a HOLY GOD.

No doubt about it whatsoever.

Can't ya just picture the god that used to love the Jews NOW sitting in a Protestantized heaven and saying to the Puritans ... "I give you my WORD that what I now inspire you to write is the whole truth and nothing BUT the truth. You can count on ME.

The Jews couldn't count on me. The Gnostic-Christians, including the Catholics couldn't count on me, The Muslims can't count on me ... but you Puritan-male-Protestants will now be given MY undying devotion. YOU will be rewarded with the REAL universal truth. Just keep your minds open, and I will do the rest.... AMEN."

Religion is bullshit from one end to the other.

Prince George, Canada

#553913 Aug 10, 2014
The Puritans believed that the one god inspired them to write ONLY universal truth. That was their PROMISE to other gullible humans that lapped up the arrogant mental vomit as being GENUINE manna from heaven.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

ITS DOCTRINES ARE HOLY, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

READ IT AND BE WISE, believe it to be safe, and practise it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

Prince George, Canada

#553914 Aug 10, 2014
The Catholics stole words from the Jews and the Pagan religions and re-vamped (as in vampire) them to their own dictates, and claimed that a god and a savior inspired them to write a new book titled "the HOLY BIBLE" which was supposed to be a BRAND NEW TESTAMENT from the same god that at one time loved only the Jews.

If you people don't wake-up ... the onus is on YOU.

You can SEE the lies, but you are so BUSY defending the lies that you continue to give your EGOS FULL REIGN!!!

Prince George, Canada

#553915 Aug 10, 2014
Image of Jesus

Make of me what you will ... I can be a Catholic still
Or I can be faithful to Judaism too
You make the rules 'cause you are the fools
A Protestant I can be in this minute
Camouflage comes and goes with the finite
Dreamland is never far away
As glimmers of fantasy lead your way
Playtime is over but still you play
With the image of Jesus both night and day
Someday maybe you will learn
To stand in line and take your turn
In the present you don't want to be
Your desire is bliss for eternity

June VanDerMark
April 4th 2014

Prince George, Canada

#553916 Aug 10, 2014
I can see clearly now in these words I see
Universal truth has been awarded to me
Others will be lost if they dare to flee
From all the wonderful messages I can give to thee

Blah blah blah and blah blah blah
And blah blah blah blah blah
Blah de blah blah de blah
De blah de blah blah blah

June VanDerMark
June, 2, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web