Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Chess

Columbus, OH

#553497 Aug 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not proof...that is a lie...lying snake
It has been proven here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

Discussed here:

And here:

With quality external sources cited:

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pla...

And you know it.

So claiming otherwise simply makes you a liar as well as a thief.

Thief.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#553498 Aug 8, 2014
"MY HOPE IS BUILT "

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
but wholly lean in Jesus' Name

On Christ the solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand

When darkness seems
to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

His oath, His covenant, His blood
Support me in the whelming flood
When all around my soul gives way
He then is all my Hope and Stay

When He shall come
with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless to stand before the throne

~~~~~~~~~~

I stand on the Rock Of Ages
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553499 Aug 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
plagiarize
1. To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own.
2. To appropriate for use as one's own passages or ideas from (another).
To put forth as original to oneself the ideas or words of another.
I have never ever presented info copied from a web site with these words: I originated the info in this post.... To do so would be absurd....one search and my lie would be exposed....
Even in the most blatant misrepresentation of another's work...it ain't theft....
Suppose I wrote a blog post, maybe this very one, and someone else sees it on the web, copies it, tacks his name on it as author, and posts it on his own blog site.
We can conclude two things: 1) He is a dick, and 2) I didn't lose anything. We can call him a liar -- and lying is not a crime unless your are committing perjury -- but we can't call him a thief because I didn't lose anything.
Pure logic...
Repetitive nonsense from a proven thief.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553500 Aug 8, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians may have different views on many things but if we believe Christ is the Messiah, the Son of the living God, then our foundation is sure.
That's what the popes and Martin Luther and John Calvin, et cetera all believed as they USED the literature in their bibles to put others to death as heretics and witches.

If a creator exists to support those behaviors, why would you have any desire whatsoever to worship such a supposed creator?

Is that not selling your SELF short???

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#553501 Aug 8, 2014
Free Agent of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text> gave you some positive ones. I love your postings and Christian viewpoint :)
Thanks lol on the judgits...my comment was my Way of saying hi to the lurker ....

.they don't really bother me , I don't even think she reads past my name , but maybe she does..:)

Prince George, Canada

#553502 Aug 8, 2014
I suggest the ONLY reason that Christians are not still killing each other as heretics and witches, is because the penalty would now be incarceration of their "material" bodies.

There is not one bit of LOVE shown on this forum except by Rosesz, who in turn is as phony as a three-dollar bill ... because although she feigns LOVE for all, she believes that most of the world's souls deserve hell for not being of the Protestant "FAITH."

Yuck!

Prince George, Canada

#553504 Aug 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
"MY HOPE IS BUILT "
As is the hope of every religious devotee in every religion that infects the earth with its selfish attitude of "I KNOW and I FOLLOW the only universal truth."

Prince George, Canada

#553506 Aug 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks lol on the judgits...my comment was my Way of saying hi to the lurker ....
.they don't really bother me , I don't even think she reads past my name , but maybe she does..:)
If by "she" you mean "me" ... I don't use the icons for judging posts. I use words.

Prince George, Canada

#553508 Aug 8, 2014
<quoted text>Well stated. Liam will rationalize and justify the actions of the RCC at any and all costs.
Just as you defend the vicious behavior of the Protestants while pointing at the Catholics as being lead by the devil.

Silly silly humans.

Prince George, Canada

#553509 Aug 8, 2014
<quoted text>Back to the heresies of the Apocrypha again?
All of you keep defending your own theologies and dissing the theologies of others.

It's the everyday occurrence. Rewinding and replaying the same tapes over and over and over.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#553510 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you didn't believe what the nuns taught you, or you would not have been drawn to this thread to try to encourage Catholics into your Protestant way of believing.
Wrong again...if you ever really read . Guess it's,my day to answer one of your posts,that again are untrue ....

The nuns,taught me ABOUT JESUS ...I believed them . Planted the seeds of knowledge .

True FAITH IN CHRIST , has nothing to do with denomination..it's the free gift from God of Grace ..

I'm not telling anyone to CONVERT to any denomination. With prayer and Faith , the Holy Spirit will urge us in HOW,to worship .

Most RELIGIONS add and subtract , do this, do that . You must be in my Church ....or else.

I say none of that .....as you would know,if you REALLY desired a dialogue, which you do not ..you make up your mind the poster means this , that's how,I'll comment .

A,solid rabbit hole ....

AnywAy June, I still think you are here looking for answers to a blank space in your being , a God sized hole in your spirit....ONLY FAITH IN THE LORD CAN FILL .

KNOCK on HIS DOOR , PRAY ...HE WILL ANSWER .....is the answer I will keep giving you ...set aside your preconceived notions on RELIGIon...it's NOT what I'm talking about anyway , and you know this ...open your heart, I pray you do.

No rabbit holes ...

Prince George, Canada

#553511 Aug 8, 2014
Religious pundits preach that "God" is going to destroy the earth in order to end the time.

Of all the idiocy!
>>>>>>> >>>>>

punĚdit

an expert in a particular subject or field who is frequently called on to give opinions about it to the public.

https://www.google.ca/...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#553512 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If by "she" you mean "me" ... I don't use the icons for judging posts. I use words.
June, RoS is NOT talking or referring about YOU

Prince George, Canada

#553514 Aug 8, 2014
According to the pundits, God placed Adam and Eve on earth to pollute the earth with more sinners, so that the same God could ultimately destroy the earth for being too evil.

Fantasies of IDIOTS!

Prince George, Canada

#553515 Aug 8, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>June, RoS is NOT talking or referring about YOU
Whoever she IS referring to, she just wants to HINT, rather than spit it out.

If I thought some certain person was giving negative icons, I would state the person's name, rather than using the word "she."

And by the way, how do you know who "she" means?

Prince George, Canada

#553517 Aug 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The nuns,taught me ABOUT JESUS ...I believed them . Planted the seeds of knowledge .
And then because their SEEDS didn't take the "righteous" effect ... you left the Catholic religion to become a Protestant, and in turn came on this thread to correct the theology of the Catholics and align it to the universal truth of Protestantism.

Why don't you stop with your charade?

You are not fooling me.

Prince George, Canada

#553518 Aug 8, 2014
People don't leave one religion to join another religion unless they believe that the first religion is not based on universal truth.

Once they join the new religion, they are certain that God "approves" of their choice.

THAT is common sense.

Prince George, Canada

#553519 Aug 8, 2014
One woman left the Protestant religion because she thought Wicca would be the best choice, but soon she went back to her original Protestant indoctrination.

The following are her exact words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Been There - tried that - became a Christian afterwards! Seriously - the Wiccan practice I was working on, wasn't all that Unitarian - A person might be a 'lapsed' something or other previous religion, but the wiccan thing was not really compatible with being a Christian AND a Wiccan, or a whatever AND a Wiccan. It is very much its own set of beliefs and practices. Initially the (?) main rule of is something like "Eight words of the Wiccan Rede fulfill 'An it harm none do what ye will' ". If a person follows this truly and completely, you really have to think things through. Something many people are not really into. Also, another basic is the rule of three - What you send out returns to thee - three times three. So send out love, kindness and good things it is returned to you in multiples, same also for the bad, and negative. Sadly "people" are involved so you end up with Bad apples, lying manipulative deceivers, and the usual creation of multiple ways of practice and rules created by the followers of the various groups. Sound familiar?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#553520 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope not you ..you are NOT a,lurker, are you ? I think you believe them a,waste of time ..anyway..not you ..

A few,posters,use judgits, most don't bother...some ALWAYS use them , whether posting or not ...some lurk ....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#553521 Aug 8, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>June, RoS is NOT talking or referring about YOU
Exactly ...:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood (Aug '12) 7 hr untilthelighttak ... 209
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 7 hr untilthelighttak ... 7
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 7 hr untilthelighttak ... 84,125
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 17 hr KristoFMYsagun 11
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Married in 9,204
News Cuban bishop says news of papal visit brings 'h... Fri the AWSOME Cowboy 1
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... Thu untilthelighttak ... 2
More from around the web