Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596173 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#553366 Aug 7, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
The church Jesus started. Sounds like Islam.
ISLAM CATHOLIC CONNECTION 3
31 July 2014, 10:43
SHELTER FOR THE DEVIANT
"By both cults, pedophiles are warmly received and enjoy unhindered access to the young. There is at least a tacit understanding that the Catholic church offers it's clergy a career in child rape. 1
What happened to you, Yon? A couple weeks ago you seemed to make a sincere effort to understanding Catholicism. Now this crap?
I believe everyone of you know the truth. Its the "knowing" part that makes y'all grow bitter. You're all so willing to embrace fantastic lies just to keep your ideology afloat.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553367 Aug 7, 2014
Many members of clergy have been killed by those that probably believed they were deceived by their supposed tellers of "God's" truth.

I suggest that this woman that attacked the pope was not driven by the motives of any supposed devil. She was probably driven by anger AT the pope for reasons unknown to those of us who never heard her side of the story.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#553368 Aug 7, 2014
This forum is being over run by fanatics! I'll tell you one thing, I'm thankful the Lord showed me His Church and the Eucharist.
I envision some of you pacing back n forth in front of the window of your compound as government agents are outside..

Prince George, Canada

#553369 Aug 7, 2014
When you make a promise that a god will heal another person through prayer, you might have to face the consequences if the prayers do not show the promised "results."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

ASIA/NEPAL - Protestant Christian pastor killed while praying

He was in fact called in the middle of the night, by Kumar, a 29-year-old man, who had requested the presence of Debalal for a healing prayer. Kumar had been ill for several months and Debalal in the past had prayed for him. Debalal ran to visit the sick. As he was praying, the man suddenly attacked him and cut his throat with a "khukuri", a typical Nepalese knife with a curved blade.

http://www.news.va/en/news/asianepal-protesta...

Prince George, Canada

#553370 Aug 7, 2014
Many humans were taught that if faith was strong enough they could simply pray to be healed from their physical illnesses and "God" would answer their prayers.

Many humans died because of such promises made by know-it-all preachers that in turn caused trusting humans that otherwise would have searched for medical care, to lose their lives.

What a shame.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#553371 Aug 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Right ..the Bride and the New,Jerusalem..
Christ WILL reign....His Church .....not in Rome ...the Apostles including Peter will have thrones...OVER THE TWELVE TRIBES , again NOT a Chair or throne in Rome ....
I do not think Christ meant for an earthly Cesar to rule his Church...NO high priest .NO VEIL ..no intermediary BUT CHRIST ...our cornerstone of the Church His bride ....the believers ...

Christ definitely didnt mean for 40,000 Rose's to form Bible study groups and undo the Eucharist. He set up a hierarchy; a teaching magisterium that would not error. Do you error when privately interpreting the Bible? Obviously many of you are because u can't even agree amongst each other!. Read the writings of those who walked with the Apostles. Jesus set up a church not a book. You can continue to plug your ears and play stupid all you want, Rose. Many of you are just at that age where you cant change even if you wanted; the Bible fell from the sky and thats that!

Prince George, Canada

#553372 Aug 7, 2014
It's easy to claim that a member of a religion was murdered because somebody didn't like that person's "faith."

COME ON!!!

Chances are, it was because that person would not stop trying to convert others that did not want to BE converted to that specific religion.

If you kept your religion private, others wouldn't have any way of knowing WHAT you believe.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553373 Aug 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
This forum is being over run by fanatics! I'll tell you one thing, I'm thankful the Lord showed me His Church and the Eucharist.
I envision some of you pacing back n forth in front of the window of your compound as government agents are outside..
We've been discussing what the scriptures say. How is that being a "fanatic"?

You seem to value ritual of the RCC over the Word.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#553374 Aug 7, 2014
who="Arnoldj777"]Wha t the bible says and what priests do are not the same. A priest holds up a piece of bread, wafer, and pulls down Christ from His throne and puts Him in the wafer. Then, he says, "The body of Christ" as he places it on your tongue or in your hand.
Jesus is not in a peace of bread. And wine is not blood. This is supposed to be symbolic. Do this in remembrance, you are not actually eating flesh and blood. If so, then the Mafia are cleansed by a ritual.
Who are you following? A man they call the Holy Father? We have only One Father and His throne is heaven. A pope is elected like the twelveth apostle or is Paul number 12. The one Christ chose personally.

----------
They haven't noticed (yet) that Jesus said, "As oft as you do this (the bread and the wine) do it in REMEMBRANCE (memorial) to me...

Yes, He said that it is His blood, and His flesh...but where do you suppose we get our blood and our flesh from? WE are His BODY (flesh)...
KM

Prince George, Canada

#553375 Aug 7, 2014
Sylvia Browne

Novus Spiritus

In 1986, Browne founded a Campbell, California church known as the Society of Novus Spiritus, which describes itself as "Gnostic Christian".

Fraud conviction

In 1992, Browne and her then-husband Kenzil Dalzell Brown were indicted on several charges of investment fraud and grand theft. The Superior Court of Santa Clara County, California, found Browne and her husband had sold securities in a gold-mining venture under false pretenses.[45] In at least one instance, they told a couple that their $20,000 investment was to be used for immediate operating costs.[46] Instead, the money was transferred to an account for their Nirvana Foundation for Psychic Research.[45] Browne pleaded no contest to securities fraud and was indicted on grand larceny in Santa Clara County, California on May 26, 1992.[47] The couple each received one year probation. In addition, Browne was sentenced to 200 hours of community service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Browne

#553376 Aug 7, 2014
who="Liam"]<quote d text>
"And you shall make a veil of blue, purple and scarlet thread and fine woven linen. It shall be woven with a fine artistic design of cherbim" (exodus 23:30)
"And they clothed Him with purple and twisted a crown of thorns on his head" (Mark 15:17)
Paul's tomb unearthed in Rome.....among the contents: fragments of purple linen.
www.realdiscoveries.info/site

----------
Jesus was clothed with purple to mock Him...
KM
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#553378 Aug 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to you, Yon? A couple weeks ago you seemed to make a sincere effort to understanding Catholicism. Now this crap?
I believe everyone of you know the truth. Its the "knowing" part that makes y'all grow bitter. You're all so willing to embrace fantastic lies just to keep your ideology afloat.
"Dearly beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits if they be of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1

Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. I know that, after my departure, ravening wolves will enter in among you, not sparing the flock. And of your own selves shall arise men speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Acts 20:28-30

Now the Spirit manifestly saith, that in the last times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to spirits of error, and doctrines of devils, Speaking lies in hypocrisy, and having their conscience seared...." 1 Tim 4:1-2

For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables. 2 Tim 4:3-4
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553379 Aug 7, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dearly beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits if they be of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1
Take heed to yourselves, and to the whole flock, wherein the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. I know that, after my departure, ravening wolves will enter in among you, not sparing the flock. And of your own selves shall arise men speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Acts 20:28-30
Now the Spirit manifestly saith, that in the last times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to spirits of error, and doctrines of devils, Speaking lies in hypocrisy, and having their conscience seared...." 1 Tim 4:1-2
For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables. 2 Tim 4:3-4
Exactly. Here's an example.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

#553380 Aug 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
GOVERNMENT AGENTS... YES,,

Pacing back n forth in front of the window of your compound NO..

I SUBSCRIBE UNTO A HEAVENLY GOVERNMENT,

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and

the government shall be upon his shoulder:

and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I look for the same city That the writer of Hebrews did..

Heb_11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

a better country

Heb_11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

and it AINT ROME ITALY ...
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#553381 Aug 7, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Here's an example.
1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
Yes and some heretical sects forbade marriage for everyone and some today are advocating marriage is not good. Further they forbid the eating of any meat. Its not a temporary discipoline or fast. So you lose if you try to put Priests in that category. Further there are those who are allowed to marry that are in communition with the Church. Its a discipline and nobody is forced to become a priest. Further it was not uncommon for those in the aarly church to remain celibate. The road in the early church was especially hard. All Jews know that Moses had no more relations after he spoke with God. As Paul said, he would rather be be like him but marry to marry then to burn. However Paul said he would rather they be like him. He was not Married to a woman. Futher the husband of one wife not multiple wives or remarried. I think Paul covered the fact that marriage was not a requirement. Sorry but you are a fanatic fundy who spews garbage. A fundemntal tenant of Proetstantism is to heap upon yourselves minister to scratch your tiching ears while individually ;roclaiming youselves and authority. IThere is not nough books in the whole world to list how many times one protetant has sent another to hell. slinging bible verses at each other each claiming they are inspired. Bishops? WHo needs them each of you is the final authority because the bible toldy you so.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#553382 Aug 7, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been discussing what the scriptures say. How is that being a "fanatic"?
You seem to value ritual of the RCC over the Word.
No you have blowing smoke with trumped up nonsense feeding hatred with your infallible theory of what Revelation says. You have discussed nothing. You seem to value your opinion of trumped up nonsense and not the word. You need it to be the Catholic church so you can spew your nonsense. The Church is not going to deny Christ we will leave that to those like you who blow with the wind following every wave of Doctrine.. I am sure another book will be out soon where you can join in mass hysteria and cause death and suicide and hatred like others have with the likes of Lindsey and others. You also play no small part in the unrest in the middle east trying to force your own version of bible.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#553383 Aug 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Just as does the poster New Age Spiritual Leader believe that his HOLY group of Christians were the first Christians.

New Age wrotes:
This is untrue. I've never stated this, so please don't go on telling others that these are my words.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you keep preaching at others that you KNOW what was meant by the teachings of Jesus, while they are still TOO dumb TO know?
Still angry that I've shut you down on pretty much every post you've made to me? No worries, I'll do it again here as well.

Again - my PERCEPTION of the things untaught by Christianity are pretty much dead-on to me. They are very PLAUSIBLE - much more so than anything Christianity has to offer.

Prove me otherwise.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>To make such a BOLD statement, you MUST believe you are aligned to absolute knowledge that came BEFORE other groups such as the Catholics and Protestants messed with the REAL Christianity.
Why? Are you jealous that I have and you can't or won't?

Stop it June - you are being like an ignorant child.....always bitching about something, but yet never one to research it fully enough to understand that which you bitch about.

*hands you a tissue*

Go and dry off your eyes 'young lady'......
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>And your avatar is the clincher. WOW! Heavy stuff! "New Age Spiritual Leader."
... aligned to the OLD AGE knowledge-able spiritual leader.
Be sure to include Edgar Cayce in your acknowledgement of my avatar. It was his idea.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>According to you, there's nothing dumb ABOUT you.
Uhm.....define "nothing dumb about you".
- You'll need to clarify this statement, because from me to you....there are many things I don't know - that would - I guess - classify in your world as "being dumb". I'd call it something more accurate - ignorant of the facts. If I don't know something I usually research it.

Unlike YOU and MANY of Christianity's followers - you've failed to research what you preach...so you try and dispel other's and their facts, even when you can't.

Yep - that too would be a direct reflection up the Self.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>However, I suggest others disagree.
I suggest you begin posting these "others" and their comments, so I can address them directly. You can do this, right?

Or is this more of the ruse you've been trying to put forth?

I suggest that you take your 70-ish life into the "Christianity for Beginners" forum.....and then work you way up to the RCC.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#553384 Aug 7, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was talking about His Church, Jesus can have but one spouse and that is His Universal Church. The Bible says The Church is the bride of Christ Eph. 5:23-32 (Universal=Katholik(gr)=Cathol ic)
No one said Peter was equal to God or Christ. Jesus himself left the Apostle to carry on His Church on earth.
Peter been the principle Apostle, Jesus gave him the keys.
Catholic 101 .com
"The difference, of course, is that Jesus is “The Rock”, while Peter is “A Rock”. This changing of names follows a very important pattern in scripture – Abram (father) became Abraham (father of many nations). Jacob (He who grasps the heel) became Israel (Ruling with God) when his mission was changed when he become the father of 12 tribes of the nation of Israel. Notice carefully that Abraham and Jacob became leaders and fathers following their name change. A male name change in the bible indicates leadership and fatherhood.
In Matthew 16:18, Jesus creates and builds His Church (not "churches") on Peter, the Rock. Notice also that even hell can't stop the everlasting existence of His Church.
"And I say to you, that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. "
In the following verse 19, Jesus gives Peter the keys to the kingdom.
"And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound, even in heaven. And whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed, even in heaven.”
This is a direct parallel with the Old Testament Isaiah 22:20-24: "
Like I said ...... Catholic monks sat and translated the original letters for the Bible. From there all others are a spin off, of a spin off. Same with the churches... Jesus said "Build my Church" not churches.
~~~
NOW WITH ALL YOU RHETORICAL RAMBLINGS..
Please give one scripture FROM THE BIBLE ....
that connects your
ROMAN CATHOLIC DYNASTY TO THE APOSTLE PETER.
i CHALLENGE YOU ...THAT YOU CAN NOT...
Please tell us all--"where does it say (in the bible)---(word for word) that the bible is the one and only authority that God chose to convey and transmit His inspired and infallible words of truth!.........The bible (not only ) doesn't say that but it says "just the opposite" by telling us that the CHURCH is the final authority in Paul's letter to Timotthy (I Timothy 3:15 when he says "THE CHURCH" ( not) the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. He goes on to say "when there is a disagreement " with regards to interpretation---that we should "take it to the Church"--- not the bible!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#553385 Aug 7, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and some heretical sects forbade marriage for everyone and some today are advocating marriage is not good..
From the book "The History Of Christianity ... The Church from the Reformation to the Present, Volume 2, by Clyde L. Manschreck ... comes the following........

Dedicated to the austere ideals of Cluny, Gregory sought to enforce clerical celibacy not only as a purer state but as a means of freeing the church from the world. In1074 he prohibited future marriages and ordered married priests to dismiss their wives or give up reading mass. Clerical marriage from his viewpoint was no better than fornication. Laymen were urged not to take the sacraments from such guilty priests. Havoc resulted. Priests were insulted, tortured; some were driven to suicide, some even murdered. Legal wives became harlots, and legitimate children, bastards. But Gregory moved relentlessly forward, unseating bishops who opposed him, especially in the north. He enforced clerical celibacy, but at a great price and without permanence, for at the time of the Reformation in the sixteenth century the church was licensing clerical concubines and taxing the children of bishops.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#553386 Aug 7, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU believe in all of what Jesus taught New Age!.........
You aren't speaking the truth hojo....I do......

Why do you want to lie about others? That isn't very "Christian" of you.....but then again....based upon your posts, you don't sound very "Christian" to begin with.

Hmmmmmm.....
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>Let's begin with John 6:47-59 regarding Jesus' TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD when HE said "for unless you eat my body which is REAL FOOD and drink my blood which is REAL DRINK---------
Jesus didn't teach this to be literal....it was symbolic.

'Eat my Flesh'- actually means "receive my words"
'Drink my blood'- actually means "accept my words"

Don't try to make them out to be something they are not.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>you CANNOT have Eternal life!.........or Jesus Christs " own spoken words in Matthew 16:13-21 when Jesus appointed Peter to be HIS earthly representative "You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it....
.....and yet there are more books by "Paul" than "Peter". Hmmmm.....maybe your team got it wrong.

Clearly they didn't know how many books they were supposed to use to teach others.
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>To you Peter I give the keys to the kingdom of heaven ---whatever you bind on earth Peter will be bound in heaven---and whatever you shall loosed on earth shall be lost in heaven.....
So.....is this supposed to sway me, or just show how much you depend upon others in order to accept "God" and Jesus?

Well?
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>Face the historical and biblical " TRUE facts" New Age!!! You are a bible " self interpreting "smoke blower" living on your own " isolated island, all the while "fighting, arguing, bitching, complaining and name calling as to how YOU (are the ONLY one that has got it right and the rest of your other other 41,999 are idiots, imbicells, and stupid !'
a. There are no "True facts" about me in the Bible.....in fact....there aren't any facts about me in the Bible at all. Please stop making it out to be something it is not.
b. "all the while "fighting, arguing, bitching, complaining and name calling as to how YOU (are the ONLY one that has got it right and the rest of your other other 41,999 are idiots, imbicells, and stupid !'"
- you must have realized that you just did plenty of name-calling in this one sentence, and it was just alright, huh? But if I were to use your own words you posted to me.....I guess you don't get included, huh?

You are why many so-called "Christians" have been led astray from learning and correcting their own faults.....you just can't tell the truth to a stranger.

Sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 9,533
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web