Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,655
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#553338 Aug 7, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Those 29 organizations once had great missionary efforts, and in spite of differences many men and women world-wide found Christ. Today those same organizations are struggling with moral issues,if they would stay in the WORD, they would no doubt allow the Holy Spirit to work in them,but instead most of them now have given into a watered-down spineless,weak, anemic rendition of gospel. They think it is good news,that in fact it is for Satan,and his squadrons of religious zealots who know how to mix water and oil to their own advantage.
The RCC has its own issues with immorality,and every church that exists today suffers with people that are prone to sin than to seek a holy life. So the Bible states quite clearly,that first"there will be a great falling away." It has nothing to do with which denomination is the truest,but the down-slope slide of churches toward relativism and immorality.
None of this addresses what was being tabled. Star was responding to commentary that hojo likely wouldnt have converted had the church been what is was when Rosez was in it. I know Rosez was poorly catechized. There was plenty of criticism within the church. Priests and Nuns cannot do it all. It starts at home. Parents who lack knowledge cannot teach. People who go to church once a year and never read the bible are not going to learn. Arch Bishop Sheen scofed paraphrased that if you want your child to get a good education send them to Catholic School. If you want them to learn about the church and the bible dont. It is also up to us to seek greater understanding. However clearly people still convrted to the church.and it cannot be arugued that intellects and highly learned men and women of scripture would not jbecome part of the church. Because they clearly have, do and will continue to. The early church did not pass out gospels where everyone would be in charge with their own interptation. Encouragement of devling deeper into scripture is not a bad thing, but breeding disobedince and false teachings of your own accord harkens back to Peter whio says the unlearned and unstable bring destruction. If we look at the history of the Jews we see many times falling away and wrongs and correction. This does not mean that noone no longer has, had or can have the truth. or all of their teaching is now false or real Jews never existed. Do you think the Saducees and Pahisees were a little perturbed with Jesus? The Holy SPirite will guide you to ALL truth? Which Protestant should we adhere to who poclaims themsevles holy spirit guided? Clearly the apostles gave correction. Clearly they taught and appointed others. Clearly false teachers arose . The church is the ground and pillar of the truth. You have redefined it. You have proclaimed it in error and have chosen your own truth . God will judge all, but the historical truth cannot be denied. You can say the church strayed but there were those from the very beginning who said so. If you did not eat the lamb on passover your first born would die. Jeus is the lamb the perfect sacrifice. However the message was not one of anything goes.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553340 Aug 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> So the book was basically about the two undecided halves of June? one the religious June, and atheist the other? brilliant!
Writing those thoughts on paper and pondering them is what helped to free me from religion.

Thank you for reading what I post. Some of the others are too busy preaching their own versions of universal truth to take time to read the thoughts of what they perceive is an "evil" Atheist.

Prince George, Canada

#553341 Aug 7, 2014
When the early versions of "scientists" believed that a creator definitely existed, they HAD to try to make all science fit into their religious beliefs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,” he pondered.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553342 Aug 7, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's start with William J. Moylan, thief.
Your post just a few hours ago:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
Regardless of from whence you swiped that post, the actual author is Moylan in his book, "The King of Terror", page 50.
http://books.google.com/books...
Thief.
A thief steals...its a crime...I am not guilty...you are a lying snake..

Plagiarism:
A Guide: Plagiarism is not a crime!

Plagiarism is not a crime! Really, it isn't. No matter what your teachers, parents, or peers may have told you, plagiarism is not a crime. It's an academic offense.

That's why schools throw around words like "unethical" and "immoral" when they tell you about plagiarism. That's all they've got. They try and create confusion, of course, to scare you into obeying their rules. But they can't do much if you know the truth.

Which, to say it in positive terms, is this:

Plagiarism is legal...

Next....am waiting....

Prince George, Canada

#553344 Aug 7, 2014
Imagine the thrill of believing that an all-powerful god that created the whole universe CARED enough to give the sin-filled-self MESSAGES.

WOW!

The thrill of such a thought would make a mortal man believe that he actually COULD (by parting with his wicked, cumbersome, material body)... fly with HOLY angels.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#553345 Aug 7, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
dust storm is trying to tell us that Peter was in rome and left because of the emperor, yet the Bible is silent on that. yet it does tell us when He went to Antioch and when he went to Babylon, and now he will lie and say that Babylon is a code name for rome, yet when we bring up that Jesus is going to destroy mystery Babylon, that really doesn't mean rome in that destruction.
catholics are some of the best liars the world has ever seen, and what we see on this forum confirms that..
No Pastor worth his salt would leave his church in the time of that emperor killing his flock.
Paul DIDNT leave, and Peter wouldn't have either.
DUST STORM IS A LIAR. PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
~~~

A GREAT EXAMPLE SET FOR A PASTOR IS FOUND IN THE PRIESTHOOD OF AARON..

Exo_28:29 And Aaron shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the breastplate of judgment upon his heart, when he goeth in unto the holy place, for a memorial before the LORD continually.

Exo_28:30 And thou shalt put in the breastplate of judgment the (1) Urim and the
(2) Thummim; and they shall be upon Aaron's heart, when he goeth in before the LORD: and Aaron shall bear the judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before the LORD continually.

[-->(1) URIM <--DEFINED IN HEBREW.

H217
&#1488;&#1493;&#14 68;&#1512;
'u&#770;r
oor
From H215; flame, hence (in the plural) the East (as being the region of light):- fire, light. See also H224.

H224
&#1488;&#1493;&#14 68;&#1512;&#1497;& #1501;
'u&#770;r&#305;&#7 70;ym
oo-reem'
Plural of H217; lights; Urim, the oracular brilliancy of the figures in the high priest’s breastplate:- Urim.

~~~

(2) THUMMIM DEFINED IN HEBREW.

H8550
&#1514;&#1468;&#15 02;&#1468;&#1497;& #1501;
tu&#770;mm&#305;&# 770;ym
toom-meem'
Plural of H8537; perfections, that is,(technically) one of the epithets of the objects in the high priest’s breastplate as an emblem of complete Truth:- Thummim..]

{NOTE

THE BREAST PLATE CONSISTED OF 12 PRECIOUS...GEMSTONES.}

A PASTOR SHOULD BEAR HIS MEMBERS OF HIS CHURCH UPON HIS HEART WHEN HE when he goeth in before the LORD..

I CAN NOT COMPREHEND THAT A PRIEST or a PASTOR (that is a ) SODOMIZE R ...A FORNICATOR OR AN IDOLATOR..

WOULD HAVE HIS PEOPLE ON HIS MIND...let alone have them ON HIS HEART..of l LUSTFUL ACTIVITY

Jas_1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Prince George, Canada

#553346 Aug 7, 2014
The Final Inequality, by L. J. Ludovici………..

Morals at any given moment have always been as good, or as bad, as our imaginations credit them, for the morals (from the Latin, mores: customs) means simply customs, and they keep changing all the time in all the corners of the world.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#553347 Aug 7, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, maybe you just do not remember....
If you look on the last page of each catechism chapter of the Baltimore catechism, you will see a test page, on that page, the student had to look up the answers in The Holy Bible...
Every Catholic Family had a family Bible.
Maybe you didn't, I don't know.
I still have my Mom's large Bible.
And for Mass ...
every missal has the Bible verses of the Holy Mass for that particular day. More Bible then any Protestant church.
http://www.catholiccompany.com/gifs/DailyRoma...
See images here.(It takes time to load)
http://www.google.com/imgres...
--------confusion --just though I'd throw this in----
http://www.outsidethewalls.org/blog/wp-conten...
-----
http://www.setonbooks.com/sempics/P-RL04-1291...
------
http://biblelight.net/Sources/Advanced-pg180-...
-------
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0dSzJhRn4_Y/U0xXG0A...
----
We did not have bibles,in either of the three Catholic schools I went to , in two different stars, to Study from.....and yes I remember .....

Families may have had bibles handed down recording births marriages, etc and maybe read from..but it was,NOT a,part of RELIGIon studies as a book..stories, gospels , of course taken from scripture, BUT NOT THE BOOK itself ...
Catechism was our text and object from which diocesan exams were taken..I got always A..not bragging but I liked to learn and study and read as a,kid ...anyway ....they even gave us medals .
I was also in sodality, and have no regrets,on it '''

but reading here I can see how non Catholics can view processions each year , wearing white and blue, young girls,with medals , sashes , even capes..CROwning A statue of Mary ( we had a grotto beAutiful place with ONLY her statue in it , used for this purpose )..how,do you think this,looks to non Catholics ,especially back then ...we did kneel before our statues in chapel too

.I cannot say we did not pray to Mary and Saints,....as well as to the Sacred Heart of Jesus ...a different statue in its,own spot on the School grounds,...
Mary alone was crowned on May .

Only CHRIST knows who we worship ....but Star , ask your mom to who and how,she prayed..back then anyway ....if she went to Catholic school .

Don't be so quick to attribute poor memory to those of us who grew up before Vatican two and later, as you all do ....nor to NOT understand WHY non Catholics think you all pray in the wrong way ....

Ever see some of those parades , especially in Southern Countries,where the folks kiss the statues FEET of Mary or the village saint ??

I'm different than some here ..I can see from both sides ....

To recap ..we DID NOT have Actual study of the BIBLE itself in Catholic school ....back then as you do today ...

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#553348 Aug 7, 2014
OH AND MY CATECHISM was the Baltimore not the one you showed ..see question 133
http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/faith/bc2.htm...

Catholic source there
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#553349 Aug 7, 2014
Free Agent of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>And she is clothed in scarlet and purple.
Cardinals wear scarlet.
Archbishops wear purple.
You know there are many protestants who do not believe that Revelation is talking about the Catholic Church. So you can argue with them. The idea that the Pope would reject Christ and all Catholics would jump in line is so absurd it's funny. First he doesnt have that authority and the whole church centers on Christ whether you want to believe that or not. I am not going to go round and round with ingorant protestants like yourself who spread irrational hatred playing bible scrabble with things that have been gone over countless times.

Revelation 18:16-17
“…Alas, alas, great city, wearing fine linen, purple and scarlet, adorned (in) gold, precious stones, and pearls. In one hour this great wealth has been ruined.”

Exodus 35: 30 - 36: 1

“Moses said to the Israelites,‘See, the LORD has chosen Bezalel… of the tribe of Judah, and has filled him with a divine spirit of skill and understanding and knowledge in every craft: in the production of embroidery, in making things of gold, silver or bronze, in cutting and mounting precious stones, in carving wood, and in every other craft.…He has endowed them with skill to execute all types of work: engraving, embroidering, the making of variegated cloth of violet, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen thread, weaving, and all other arts and crafts.‘Bezalel, therefore, will set to work with Oholiab and with all the experts whom the LORD has endowed with skill and understanding in knowing how to execute all the work for the service of the sanctuary, just as the LORD has commanded.’”

Exodus 39: 1-2, 8-14
“With violet, purple and scarlet yarn were woven the service cloths for use in the sanctuary, as well as the sacred vestments for Aaron, as the LORD had commanded Moses. The ephod was woven of gold thread and of violet, purple and scarlet yarn and of fine linen twined…
(8) The breastpiece was embroidered like the ephod, with gold thread and violet, purple and scarlet yarn on cloth of fine linen twined.… Four rows of precious stones were mounted on it: in the first row a carnelian, a topaz and an emerald; in the second row, a garnet, a sapphire and a beryl; in the third row a jacinth, an agate and an amethyst; in the fourth row a chrysolite, an onyx and a jasper. They were mounted in gold filigree work. These stones were twelve, to match the names of the sons of Israel, and each stone was engraved like a seal with the name of one of the twelve tribes.”
http://www.defendingthebride.com/ch/whore2.ht...

Since: Aug 14

Kingsport, TN

#553350 Aug 7, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was talking about His Church, Jesus can have but one spouse and that is His Universal Church. The Bible says The Church is the bride of Christ Eph. 5:23-32
No one said Peter was equal to God or Christ. Jesus himself left the Apostle to carry on His Church on earth.

In Matthew 16:18, Jesus creates and builds His Church (not "churches") on Peter, the Rock. Notice also that even hell can't stop the everlasting existence of His Church.
"And I say to you, that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. "

Like I said ...... Catholic monks sat and translated the original letters for the Bible. From there all others are a spin off, of a spin off. Same with the churches... Jesus said "Build my Church" not churches.
So, because a church says they are built from the little rock "Peter" they are the true church? Peter was Jewish and he was sent to the Jews. Paul was sent to Rome "The Gentiles". As the Scriptures tell us,“Anyone who trusts in Him will never be disgraced.” Jew and Gentile are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him. For “Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.” Romans 10:11-13

Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, "Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb." And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, Revelation 21:10,11

#553351 Aug 7, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was talking about His Church, Jesus can have but one spouse and that is His Universal Church. The Bible says The Church is the bride of Christ Eph. 5:23-32 (Universal=Katholik(gr)=Cathol ic)
No one said Peter was equal to God or Christ. Jesus himself left the Apostle to carry on His Church on earth.
Peter been the principle Apostle, Jesus gave him the keys.
Catholic 101 .com
"The difference, of course, is that Jesus is “The Rock”, while Peter is “A Rock”. This changing of names follows a very important pattern in scripture – Abram (father) became Abraham (father of many nations). Jacob (He who grasps the heel) became Israel (Ruling with God) when his mission was changed when he become the father of 12 tribes of the nation of Israel. Notice carefully that Abraham and Jacob became leaders and fathers following their name change. A male name change in the bible indicates leadership and fatherhood.
In Matthew 16:18, Jesus creates and builds His Church (not "churches") on Peter, the Rock. Notice also that even hell can't stop the everlasting existence of His Church.
"And I say to you, that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. "
In the following verse 19, Jesus gives Peter the keys to the kingdom.
"And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound, even in heaven. And whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed, even in heaven.”
This is a direct parallel with the Old Testament Isaiah 22:20-24: "
Like I said ...... Catholic monks sat and translated the original letters for the Bible. From there all others are a spin off, of a spin off. Same with the churches... Jesus said "Build my Church" not churches.

~~~
NOW WITH ALL YOU RHETORICAL RAMBLINGS..

Please give one scripture FROM THE BIBLE ....

that connects your

ROMAN CATHOLIC DYNASTY TO THE APOSTLE PETER.

i CHALLENGE YOU ...THAT YOU CAN NOT...

USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553352 Aug 7, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was talking about His Church, Jesus can have but one spouse and that is His Universal Church. The Bible says The Church is the bride of Christ Eph. 5:23-32 (Universal=Katholik(gr)=Cathol ic)
Peter been the principle Apostle, Jesus gave him the keys.
Catholic 101 .com
"The difference, of course, is that Jesus is “The Rock”, while Peter is “A Rock”. This changing of names follows a very important pattern in scripture – Abram (father) became Abraham (father of many nations). Jacob (He who grasps the heel) became Israel (Ruling with God) when his mission was changed when he become the father of 12 tribes of the nation of Israel. Notice carefully that Abraham and Jacob became leaders and fathers following their name change. A male name change in the bible indicates leadership and fatherhood.
In the following verse 19, Jesus gives Peter the keys to the kingdom.
"And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound, even in heaven. And whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed, even in heaven.”
This is a direct parallel with the Old Testament Isaiah 22:20-24: "
You only believe the Bible is a spin off because you do not know history, especially the early catholic religion. It's too bad really considering it's readily available. The catholics murdered Christians and Jews in the first century, then claim Peter as their first pope in the 2d century. Do you really think Peter would have condoned murdering anyone who wasn't catholic.According to the RCC, he did. Just sickening lies.

Deuteronomy 32:31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.

Deuteronomy 32:37 And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,
Liam

Chicago, IL

#553353 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>And she sacramentsinfunerarypurple.
Cardinals wear scarlet.
Archbishops wear purple.
"And you shall make a veil of blue, purple and scarlet thread and fine woven linen. It shall be woven with a fine artistic design of cherbim" (exodus 23:30)

"And they clothed Him with purple and twisted a crown of thorns on his head" (Mark 15:17)

Paul's tomb unearthed in Rome.....among the contents: fragments of purple linen.
www.realdiscoveries.info/site

Since: Aug 14

Kingsport, TN

#553354 Aug 7, 2014
What the bible says and what priests do are not the same. A priest holds up a piece of bread, wafer, and pulls down Christ from His throne and puts Him in the wafer. Then, he says, "The body of Christ" as he places it on your tongue or in your hand.

Jesus is not in a peace of bread. And wine is not blood. This is supposed to be symbolic. Do this in remembrance, you are not actually eating flesh and blood. If so, then the Mafia are cleansed by a ritual.

Who are you following? A man they call the Holy Father? We have only One Father and His throne is heaven. A pope is elected like the twelveth apostle or is Paul number 12. The one Christ chose personally.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553355 Aug 7, 2014
yon wrote:
<quoted text>
The church Jesus started. Sounds like Islam.
ISLAM CATHOLIC CONNECTION 3
31 July 2014, 10:43
SHELTER FOR THE DEVIANT
"By both cults, pedophiles are warmly received and enjoy unhindered access to the young. There is at least a tacit understanding that the Catholic church offers it's clergy a career in child rape. Another perk to the aspiring predator is shelter and protection from any intervention of the law, with readied provisions by the Holy See -lest there be any interruption to priestly assaults on children.
We were told that Pope Benedict XVI officially resigned. He had little alternative. He was facing immanent arrest and public humiliation in Britain. Geoffrey Robertson, a British barrister with a impeccable record in international human rights cases had published a legal indictment against the Vatican, The Case of the Pope: Vatican Accountability for Human Rights Abuse.
The stench of the scandal and flagrant cover-up of offending priests was hurting Mother church, and incriminating evidence surfaced revealing the role of His Holiness in the willful obstruction of justice.
Joseph Ratzinger took the office of Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and allegations of child rape came directly to his attention. Ratzinger had sent a confidential letter to all Bishops which in no uncertain terms forbade the sharing of evidence with any outside authorities.
Allegations were ordered to be treated:
"in the most secretive way ... restrained by a perpetual silence ... and everyone ... is to observe the strictest secret which is commonly regarded as a secret of the Holy Office … under the penalty of excommunication."
Thus their grievance is not for the torture and rape of children but the act of exposing it. A pattern has emerged showing that the Holy See reserves it's deepest commiserations, not for terrorized children, but for the offending Priests......
Mister Ratzinger decided to relinquish his position as Vicar of Christ because he was beginning to feel the heat of the law.
Now to Islam. Islam's fetish is for little girls, but there has been some known not to turn away a young boy. In Iran the legal age for marriage is 9 for girls and 14 for boys. More than 50% of Yemeni girls are married before reaching puberty. The Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran married a ten-year-old girl when he was 28. He referred to the practice as a 'divine blessing.' He also quipped:
"Do your best to ensure that your daughters do not see their first blood in your house."
The Vatican has taken upon itself the mandate to supervise the sex lives of the masses, yet is shelter to the most abominable predators off all - child rapists....."
http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/ISLAM-CATHOLIC...
I can understand how evil men can slip in but, when you find them you shouldn't just transfer them to a new location where their deeds are still secret so they can continue preying on children who were taught to trust them.. Who knows how many more children were abused because of the way the "church" handled the problem.

Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

New Year

#553357 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>Thanks for the warning. I see him as a fence-sitter in the Kingdom of God, and we know God does not tolerate that. My feeling is that PAD needs to stop being a "Jellyfish Christian."
Either the RCC is the one and only true Church - or it is a clever counterfeit. If it is the true Church, join it and obey it. If is is not, avoid it and declare its unrighteous deceptions!
It's,NOT the only true Church ....however many believers do worship there ...as was said Here and in that link with the Evangelical and Francis....there are always going to be differences...the Reformation was needed , but they do NOW,ALL study ACTUAL bibles....as part of the curriculum..who knows what future generations,will bring.....most steeped in the services are not going to change practices, but reading God s word may indeed change and magnify a,PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with Christ ( for lack of a,more descriptive phrase ...that's what it is,PERSONAL )

We cannot judge that Catholics are NOT in a relationship with Christ ....just as guys,should NIT judge those who count themselves as born again Christians,....

It's NOT ours to judge ..I know I found Christ through the workings,of the Holy Spirit , not by any good thing or sacrament on my part ......but I did learn ABOUT JESUS,in Catholic school. But NOT AS I KNOW HIM NOW,...I understand HiS DEATH better than I did .....and exactly what His,Blood means,.....how,God sees us through it..How,Jesus,literally took our Sins,to the Cross, became the vessel for S in, felt abandoned as we would because of it ....as He was dying ...can you imagine the Pain of Father, Son and Spirit in the moment He cried out as He drank it all in..how the a angels wept ....it's heartbreaking ..., imagine the Father looking at His Sinless,Son covered with our filth so it would die with Him ..being human .I would have been so angry and in despair ....but that was the ONLY POSSIBLE JUSTIFICATION for Sin ...how merciful He is that he did not look at His,Son and strike them and us who sin now, dead where we stand ....

No wonder Jesus asked not to have to drink the Cup .....but did so...FOR US ...who are we to be so important to H I m , the BLOOD BOUGHT SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF THE FATHER .....I think of His,hands, pierced for US when I say that and so much more !!!!

That love for Christ , I did not learn despite my early education....the Spirit teaches us TRUE FAITH in CHRIST by the free gift of grace .....given by God , not a Church ..
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553358 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>And she is clothed in scarlet and purple.
Cardinals wear scarlet.
Archbishops wear purple.
I agree .IMO, the simularities to the RCC are no coincedence.

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_end...

I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication (Revelation 17:4-5).

Cardinal O'Malley with croisier and mitre. Source: Thomas More College Online.

Catholic cardinals frequently wear scarlet. Catholic priests wear red on Good Friday, Palm Sunday, Pentecost, and other special occasions. They wear purple on Advent, Lent, and at funerals. On some of those days, other colors are also worn, including white, green, black, rose, and gold.

Riches are lavished on the icons of Catholicism. Gold, pearls, and precious stones and pearls deck the statues of Mary and the saints in the Vatican. The rebuilding of St. Peter’s Basilica in the 16th century involved the genius skill of Michelangelo, Bernini, Raphael, and the other great artists of the day. The riches and treasures lavished on the stately buildings of the Roman Catholic Church are beyond description.

Pope Benedict XVI's official Coat of Arms. Source: vatican.va

The official clothing worn by the Pope on special occasions is richer in gold and jewelry than any earthly crown. The papal tiara on display in the Vatican Museum is valuable beyond comprehension.

The papal tiara, or triple-crown, is the Papacy's reminder that the Pope's power is threefold, according to the Vatican website:

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#553359 Aug 7, 2014
<quoted text>You seem to have overlooked the Pharisees. With your logic, they were installed in their positions of protecting and safeguarding the faith. Yet, we know they were not, because Jesus fought against their false teachings. The Pharisees were highly regarded by the Jewish population as holy men of God. The pope's actions are not necessarily an indicator he is a Christian. Matthew 7 tells of many who will do works in the name of Jesus, but God will consider them evil. It beaks my heart that so many are deceived by words and actions that appear to be the work of God.
Free Agent of Jesus

Peace

It is hard for me to draw hard conclusions in comparing the Pharisees and the RCC. There are comparisons of any group which can take place. It has a leader, and officers, and the membership, more or less.

I think as Christians, we get to negative a "feeling" towards Pharisees, because of the many negative things which Jesus taught to avoid, which they were doing at the time, especially regarding strictness to scripture.

There are many Christians that lay within that realm today, where they believe in their own strictness of scripture as well.

Peace

#553360 Aug 7, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
~~~
NOW WITH ALL YOU RHETORICAL RAMBLINGS..
Please give one scripture FROM THE BIBLE ....
that connects your
ROMAN CATHOLIC DYNASTY TO THE APOSTLE PETER.
i CHALLENGE YOU ...THAT YOU CAN NOT...
~~~
FROM THE BEGINNING THE CHURCH IS BUILT UPON THE LINEAGE OF DAVID.
Peter was/is not ...a descendent of David....HIS LINEAGE IS NOT GIVEN IN THE BIBLE...
Therefore THE APOSTLE PETER does not qualify to be a part of the foundation of the Church of Jesus Christ. LET ALONE THE ROCK THAT YOU CLAIM THAT IT IS BUILT UPON
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and
(NOTE)
the government shall be upon his shoulder: and
his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
THE GOVERNMENT OF JESUS CHRIST IS UPON THE THRONE OF DAVID
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
PETER WAS/IS NOT A DESCENDENT OF DAVID
JESUS ESTABLISHED A SPIRITUAL CHURCH IN THE HEARTS OF AS MANY AS WOULD RECEIVE HIM..
NOT just a few that want to form a franchise ans a monopoly and build a wall/ partisan against all others...
~~~~~~~
THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF ONLY WAS..AND THAT WALL WAS BETWEEN THE JEWS AND THE GENTILES..
WHICH WAS DISMANTLED THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS...
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
~~~~~~
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
THERE IS NO FOUNDATION BUILT UPON PETER...
~~~
JAMES ( A DESCENDENT OF DAVID.....(THE BROTHER OF JESUS)...WAS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH AFTER JESUS ASCENDED..
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DENIES THAT JAMES (THE BROTHER OF JESUS ) EXIST...
SO THEY COULD TRANSFER THE DYNASTY OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH TO
THE BASTARD DYNASTY OF CONSTANTINE IN ROME AND FORMULATE THEIR OWN
RELIGIOUS SYSTEM ASSUMED UPON THE APOSTLE PETER AS THE FIRST POPE
FOLLOWED BY A WHOLE BUNCH OF GENTILE SUPPOSED PAPAL SUCCESSORS
THERE IS NO CONNECTION BETWEEN THE APOSTLE PETER
AND THE CONSTANTINEISM THAT THE HAVE HAVE ATTEMPTED TO REPLACED
TRUE CHRISTIANITY WITH.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 1 hr bmz 1,994
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr Sir 8,910
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Feb 19 Jaimie 83,954
More from around the web