Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627859 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553608 Aug 8, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this?
Do you speak for "God" now?
I believe that a Catholic who is certain on his deathbed that "God" will be disappointed in him for not killing enough "heretics" would not die at peace with his own conscience.

If you believe otherwise ... then have at it. Let your will be done to your SELF and my will be done to me!

Prince George, Canada

#553609 Aug 8, 2014
<quoted text>
...Amazingly - "out of context!!".....I don't think less of you for doing so....
How can my believe of you being arrogant be "out of context" to me???

It is no doubt out of your context but I am not siding with you.

Your fascination with the idea that you know the mind of Jesus is totally arrogant. No question about it.

You put the Catholics and Protestants down for flirting with the same type of belief, but you think it's acceptable for you to preach that nonsense at them.

WOW!

Prince George, Canada

#553610 Aug 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You know something - your continuous belittling of others and their beliefs shows the kindergarten age your mentality resides in.
Sad.
Imagine YOU berating hojo for belittling others, when it is your constant pastime to belittle Catholics AND Protestants for misquoting Jesus.

And then you PREACH that to know thy self is to know the kingdom of God.

You are one confused pundit!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#553611 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
To a religious preacher SET on converting others to one's own cult, there is no way to reason with a person in such a mind SET.
That person is going to preach ... no matter which religion is being promoted.
Proof that that is true is displayed every day on this forum.
The Catholics want the Protestants to become Catholic, and the Protestants want the Catholics to become Protestant.
And New Age Spiritual Leader wants both Catholic and Protestants to become Gnostic Christians in order to know the REAL mindset of "Jesus."
Stupid, Stupified Humans.
Religion is based on having faith in MYTHS.
a. "And New Age Spiritual Leader wants both Catholic and Protestants to become Gnostic Christians in order to know the REAL mindset of "Jesus."
- incorrect. I only ask why they don't. Please stop changing my context.

Prince George, Canada

#553612 Aug 8, 2014
I believe that those who continually preach about the end of the world suffer from dystopia. They insist on escaping into morbid fantasies. >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Dystopias are often characterized by dehumanization,[2] totalitarian governments, environmental disaster,[3] or other characteristics associated with a cataclysmic decline in society. Dystopian societies appear in many sub-genres of fiction and are often used to draw attention to real-world issues regarding society, environment, politics, economics, religion, psychology, ethics, science, and/or technology, which if unaddressed could potentially lead to such a dystopia-like condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystopia

Prince George, Canada

#553613 Aug 8, 2014
"The world is WICKED and EVIL" says the dystopian. I want my savior to come and take me away to a UTOPIA."

Since the second century, Christian dystopians have been watching and waiting with anticipation for a god to destroy the wicked world and take them to heaven.

To shut them up, it would almost be worth it if a god would take them all away and do something or other with them.

It's the only way they are going to quit fighting with each other.

YUCK!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#553614 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine YOU berating hojo for belittling others, when it is your constant pastime to belittle Catholics AND Protestants for misquoting Jesus.
And then you PREACH that to know thy self is to know the kingdom of God.
You are one confused pundit!
WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID IN SOMETHING (GOD)THAT you CLAIM THAT YOU DONT BELIEVE IN?

Prince George, Canada

#553615 Aug 8, 2014
<quoted text>
a. "And New Age Spiritual Leader wants both Catholic and Protestants to become Gnostic Christians in order to know the REAL mindset of "Jesus."
- incorrect. I only ask why they don't. Please stop changing my context.
How funny your are in your garb of Gnostic "secret" knowledge.

If it's a secret ... you can't know it any more than can others ... unless of course you are SPECIAL and have been given messages in secret that others can't hear or know.

WOW! You have a high opinion of your self.

Prince George, Canada

#553616 Aug 8, 2014
Taking something from one man and making it worse is plagiarism.

George A. Moore
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553617 Aug 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not proof...that is a lie...lying snake...
I've already provided proof, thief:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
USA Born

Upland, CA

#553618 Aug 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Just more of the "same old Protestant Polluted Pot of Propaganda" of which YOU GUEST" are the "trumpet section"of bible only heresy---or in other words--(the loudest) of the "off key" confused and chaotic instruments.........I listen to ---and was indoctrinated into this bible only half-truth, half-heresy (so-called) Christianity for 35 years until God the Father, through His Son Jesus with the inspiration and guidance to the TRUTH by the Holy Spirit ----led me out of this bible only bondage of disortion, lies and deceit into the TRUTH of the historical and biblical TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ --in and through His One True Apostolic Catholic Church....You, my friend, are as "desperate as ever"with your "fictitious church history rhetoric" and your "MAN MADE" 18 century bible only self-interpreting contradictions----- being the self-appointed preacher that you are -- relying on distortion Gods Word--duping those around you......
The catholics killed Christians and Jews in the first century. Why doesn't historical fact ever fit into your "truth"?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553619 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Lurkers???
I don't consider any reader or poster a lurker. They have every right to be here as do we. And they have every right to push the icons ... negative or positive. I, however prefer to use words.
Most of us do ..it's a forum ....I think the judgits are funny ....
You'd be surprised how,many folk at least on threads not here, say they think it ruins topix....and somehow,say they can change them. Lol.....silly

as I said I was just commenting, my own idea of a judgit.....acknowledging the ability to read my name??? A,post...whatever ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553620 Aug 8, 2014
StarC wrote:
Pope Francis appoints personal envoy to Iraq
by Elise Harris
Vatican City, Aug 8, 2014 / 07:54 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Responding to the increasingly dramatic situation of Christians in Iraq following the expansion of ISIS forces to the plain of Nineveh, Pope Francis has appointed Cardinal Fernando Filoni as his personal envoy.
“In light of the grave situation in Iraq, the Holy Father has nominated Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of peoples, as his personal envoy to express his spiritual closeness to the people who suffer and to bring them the solidarity of the Church,” an Aug. 8 statement from the Vatican read.
No further information has been released regarding Cardinal Filoni’s appointment or the date of his departure.
The city of Qaraqoush fell to forces of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant – known as ISIS – Wednesday night. The town was one of Iraq’s largest Christian towns until the Kurdish military forces known as the Peshmerga withdrew from it.
Qaraqoush is located roughly 19 miles southeast of Mosul, Iraq’s second largest city, which Islamic State forces captured in June.
Thousands of Christians and other minorities fled Mosul following a July 18 ultimatum demanding they convert, pay the jizya tax or be killed. They scattered to other towns in the Nineveh province and in Iraqi Kurdistan.
BBC reports that Islamic State militants have taken down crosses and burned religious manuscripts in Qaraqoush, which is referred to as the Christian capital of Iraq.
Qaraqoush Christians and their churches had been receiving refugees from other parts of Iraq. The occupation by Islamic State forces has meant the end of salaries for government employees and the end of government-supplied ration cards, causing further hardship for the residents.
In an Aug. 7 statement published by the Congregation for the Oriental Churches, it’s president, Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, thanked Pope Francis for his “attentive closeness” to the more than 100,000 Christians who fled Qaraqosh during ISIS’ attack and are now traveling, many on foot, to Erbil and other Kurdish cities.
Noting how they are traveling “in impossible conditions in search of refuge” and face “the increasingly uncertain possibility of survival,” the cardinal sympathized with their “immense pain” and called for “more intense prayer.”
He encouraged greater prayer “to the Lord for the population affected by a barbarianism that is totally contrary to human dignity as well as his full human and Christian solidarity with them.”
Cardinal Sandri also expressed his hope “that the civil world, public authorities and international organizations” not hesitate to provide “the necessary humanitarian interventions” and to “stop, especially in Iraq and Syria, the painful and profoundly unjust exodus of Christians from the land they have inhabited for two thousand years.”
“These are acts against God and against every sense of humanity,” the cardinal stated, and on behalf of the congregation, urged “the authorities and those who are sensitive to the plight of Christians in the East” to do “with great urgency” whatever is “essential to alleviate their suffering.”
“Deprived of water, food and every other type of necessity, especially children, the elderly and the sick, are in the most unbearable tribulation.”
“It is feared,” he said,“that there will be a catastrophic epilogue if we do not put an end to the marked general insecurity fueled by the indifference of many, which has been repeatedly denounced.”
God in His mercy help them ...
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#553621 Aug 8, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholics killed Christians and Jews in the first century. Why doesn't historical fact ever fit into your "truth"?
Your other bible only "self interpreting" Protestant propagandists all claim that there was no Catholic Church until ethe 4th century---therefore---(HOW) is it that Catholics were killing Christians and Jews when (according to your other contradicting and inconsistent bible only ".half-truth half heresy" Christians???????the Catholic Church didn't exist........All of you 42,000+ contradicting "bible only self appointed " preachers need to get "get on the same page"--- which for you "fundies" has been IMPOSSIBLE for over 450 years since the Reformation!!!!

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#553622 Aug 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We did not have bibles,in either of the three Catholic schools I went to , in two different stars, to Study from.....and yes I remember .....

Families may have had bibles handed down recording births marriages, etc and maybe read from..but it was,NOT a,part of RELIGIon studies as a book..stories, gospels , of course taken from scripture, BUT NOT THE BOOK itself ...
Catechism was our text and object from which diocesan exams were taken..I got always A..not bragging but I liked to learn and study and read as a,kid ...anyway ....they even gave us medals .
I was also in sodality, and have no regrets,on it '''

but reading here I can see how non Catholics can view processions each year , wearing white and blue, young girls,with medals , sashes , even capes..CROwning A statue of Mary ( we had a grotto beAutiful place with ONLY her statue in it , used for this purpose )..how,do you think this,looks to non Catholics ,especially back then ...we did kneel before our statues in chapel too

.I cannot say we did not pray to Mary and Saints,....as well as to the Sacred Heart of Jesus ...a different statue in its,own spot on the School grounds,...
Mary alone was crowned on May .

Only CHRIST knows who we worship ....but Star , ask your mom to who and how,she prayed..back then anyway ....if she went to Catholic school .

Don't be so quick to attribute poor memory to those of us who grew up before Vatican two and later, as you all do ....nor to NOT understand WHY non Catholics think you all pray in the wrong way ....

Ever see some of those parades , especially in Southern Countries,where the folks kiss the statues FEET of Mary or the village saint ??

I'm different than some here ..I can see from both sides ....

To recap ..we DID NOT have Actual study of the BIBLE itself in Catholic school ....back then as you do today ...
Rose, if you had a Missal, all the Bible verses are in there, so you did have a Bible.:)

My Mom did go to Catholic school, as I did. And she did have a Bible in the room. She also prays the Rosary, as I do.

Maybe the school you went to did not have the funds to buy Bibles for every student, but I'm sure they had a library with a Bibles.

Rose, to this day we have a May Crowing at our Church, as most Catholic Churches do. We honor our Blessed Mother, the one that gave us Jesus.
Our Churches are named after Saints b/c it was the Saints that were left on earth to spread the Word!(Lk 10:16)

Protestants do not know the state of mind of us Catholics, so they come to their own conclusion.
We know that a piece of plaster can't do a thing for us b/c it did not die for us. It's just a reminder of the person, pretty much like pictures of our dear family that have left us. I kiss my Dads picture,(May he RIP) so what!? Those people that kiss the statues are doing the same thing, remembering the person that left us.
We don't give our Blessed Mother or Saints any more respect and honor then we do Jesus. How much more honor and worship can we give Jesus daily,(Acts 2:46-47)at daily Mass,(not only on Sundays) as the Apostles, and first Christians called Catholics did.
This is why our Missal has 'daily readings' all from the Holy Bible.
Also, did you know if you attended Mass daily you would hear the Word of God in three years. We are in a 3 year cycle, all from the Holy Bible.
What do you think the first Christians did without Bibles? They listened to the WORD! What would you protestant have done without one at that time?!? Gone to Mass to hear The Word, that's what!

“Happy 2016!!”

#553623 Aug 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We did not have bibles,in either of the three Catholic schools I went to , in two different stars, to Study from.....and yes I remember .....

Families may have had bibles handed down recording births marriages, etc and maybe read from..but it was,NOT a,part of RELIGIon studies as a book..stories, gospels , of course taken from scripture, BUT NOT THE BOOK itself ...
Catechism was our text and object from which diocesan exams were taken..I got always A..not bragging but I liked to learn and study and read as a,kid ...anyway ....they even gave us medals .
I was also in sodality, and have no regrets,on it '''

but reading here I can see how non Catholics can view processions each year , wearing white and blue, young girls,with medals , sashes , even capes..CROwning A statue of Mary ( we had a grotto beAutiful place with ONLY her statue in it , used for this purpose )..how,do you think this,looks to non Catholics ,especially back then ...we did kneel before our statues in chapel too

.I cannot say we did not pray to Mary and Saints,....as well as to the Sacred Heart of Jesus ...a different statue in its,own spot on the School grounds,...
Mary alone was crowned on May .

Only CHRIST knows who we worship ....but Star , ask your mom to who and how,she prayed..back then anyway ....if she went to Catholic school .

Don't be so quick to attribute poor memory to those of us who grew up before Vatican two and later, as you all do ....nor to NOT understand WHY non Catholics think you all pray in the wrong way ....

Ever see some of those parades , especially in Southern Countries,where the folks kiss the statues FEET of Mary or the village saint ??

I'm different than some here ..I can see from both sides ....

To recap ..we DID NOT have Actual study of the BIBLE itself in Catholic school ....back then as you do today ...
Rose, if you had a Missal, all the Bible verses are in there, so you did have a Bible.:)

My Mom did go to Catholic school, as I did. And she did have a Bible in the room. She also prays the Rosary, as I do.

Maybe the school you went to did not have the funds to buy Bibles for every student, but I'm sure they had a library with a Bibles.

Rose, to this day we have a May Crowing at our Church, as most Catholic Churches do. We honor our Blessed Mother, the one that gave us Jesus.
Our Churches are named after Saints b/c it was the Saints that were left on earth to spread the Word!(Lk 10:16)

Protestants do not know the state of mind of us Catholics, so they come to their own conclusion.
We know that a piece of plaster can't do a thing for us b/c it did not die for us. It's just a reminder of the person, pretty much like pictures of our dear family that have left us. I kiss my Dads picture,(May he RIP) so what!? Those people that kiss the statues are doing the same thing, remembering the person that left us.
We don't give our Blessed Mother or Saints any more respect and honor then we do Jesus. How much more honor and worship can we give Jesus daily,(Acts 2:46-47)at daily Mass,(not only on Sundays) as the Apostles, and first Christians called Catholics did.
This is why our Missal has 'daily readings' all from the Holy Bible.
Also, did you know if you attended Mass daily you would hear the Word of God in three years. We are in a 3 year cycle, all from the Holy Bible.
What do you think the first Christians did without Bibles? They listened to the WORD! What would you protestant have done without one at that time?

“Happy 2016!!”

#553624 Aug 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your other bible only "self interpreting" Protestant propagandists all claim that there was no Catholic Church until ethe 4th century---therefore---(HOW) is it that Catholics were killing Christians and Jews when (according to your other contradicting and inconsistent bible only ".half-truth half heresy" Christians???????the Catholic Church didn't exist........All of you 42,000+ contradicting "bible only self appointed " preachers need to get "get on the same page"--- which for you "fundies" has been IMPOSSIBLE for over 450 years since the Reformation!!!!
Amen!
Have a blessed weekend!
<><

http://www.outsidethewalls.org/blog/wp-conten...

United States

#553625 Aug 8, 2014
guest wrote:
well, it might fit you and the Catholics on the board - I, on the other hand, am telling the truth about the Catholic Church, so still, the word does not fit.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
Did it ever occur to you that Catholics were on earth long before Martin Luther used the pope's own bible to turn the religion against the pope, and that you are too stupefied to even WANT to see it as it was?
How on earth could a book admired by Catholics be USED to also be admired by Protestants, while at the same time they killed EACH OTHER as heretics?
Good GRIEF!
-
-
June: "Catholics were on earth long before Martin Luther used the pope's own bible to turn the religion against the pope..."
-
You don't even pretend to read what I have said, do you? and you call ME stupefied. Typical behavior of narcissistic sociopaths. They believe the world revolves around them and what they have to say, regardless of the level of truth.
-
How many times have I told you that Catholics would have to sit out the next, approximately 1200, years while Protestants waged war without opposition and murdered non-Protestants - to allow them enough time catch up with the Catholics?
-
And how many times have I posted that it is NOT the *popes* Bible? But belongs to all of humanity? AND (not to mention) that approximately 2/3 of it was Jewish before the pope appropriated it for himself? and the rest was already written by the Apostles.
-
and you call me stupefied.
-
Additionally, Martin Luther ACTUALLY USED the Bible, and ONLY by USING the Bible was he able to oppose the pope; hence his 95 Theses.
You see, The Bible is about God and his son Christ Jesus; the Roman Catholic Church is about the pope and his church. Two different things.
Big difference.
-
And finally, lest we forget, the Popes throughout history NEVER admired the Bible. If they DID they would have actually read it and taught it, and the world would be a much different place today than it is today; this blatantly obvious concept totally being lost on both you AND the Catholics.
-
The popes did not admire the Bible, but they were rather TERRIFIED of the Bible, and here is why:
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/hebrews/4.htm
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
-
The popes kept the Bible from the people because they KNEW without doubt its words would indict them all and the institution of the Catholic Church they so viciously guarded.
Go figure.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553626 Aug 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already been over this, thief.
Pretending magic words are required is just a 'tard's nonsense.
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
It's been proven repeatedly.
Thief.

Show me..

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553627 Aug 8, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already provided proof, thief:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...
You have never and never will show my words saying "I originated the following post" on info I found on the net...they never were and never will be...lying snake...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Border visit will cap Pope Francis' trip to Mexico 1 hr ronnie 19
News God's calling: Newly ordained priests ready to ... (Jul '10) Thu FrFrancis 219
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Feb 8 ownerd 2
News Pope to tour violent corners of Mexico Feb 8 Raydot 2
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Feb 5 huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 5 Gee Tee 9,892
News Life-size pope cutout tours El Paso Feb 4 huey goins 3
More from around the web