Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600141 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553234 Aug 6, 2014
Sorry, I got that information wrong. I must tell the whole truth and nothing BUT the truth.

She created the heavens (all of them) AND the earth.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Nammu, the mother of all things, Goddess of the Primordial Sea, created the heavens and earth from her own body
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#553235 Aug 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
William Jones in The History of The Christian Church (1882 edition) devotes the first chapter of the book to the state of the world in general at the birth of Christ In discussing the religions of the nations he says:
Excerpt:
From the second to the fourth century we find a rapid departure - from the truth. Many of the churches turned from a congregational rule to that of preacher rule. Emperor Constantine of the Roman Empire wanted the powers of Christianity and (in name, at least) he became a Christian. Under his rulership many of the churches were united with the state in. 313 A. I). and a hierarchy was born. Thus a development was started which climaxed iu the rule of the first universal pope, Boniface III, in 606. Popery is the result of a long, drawn-out development. There was no super organization to rule over the churches in the first century.
And:
There is more disagreement in your church than an other...
WASHINGTON, D.C., February 20, 2014 ( LifeSiteNews.com )– A worldwide poll of self-described Catholics shows significant disagreement with Catholic doctrine among many Church members.
In a poll commissioned by the Spanish television station Univision, majorities of 12,038 Catholics in 12 countries expressed beliefs against Catholic doctrine on issues like abortion, same-sex “marriage,” and contraceptive use. The Church opposes all three.
According to the poll, while Pope Francis received 87 percent approval, 57 percent of Catholics thought abortion should be legal “in some cases,” with nine percent declaring support any time. Seventy-eight percent of respondents support contraception use, 66 percent back same-sex “marriage,” and 51 percent believe women should be priests.
Thirty-eight percent of respondents believe divorce and remarriage outside of the Church means a person is living in sin, and 47 percent believe priests should be allowed to .
"Take a hike" with your distorted Protestant "twisted" %'s........Even if they were true ( which they are not) those who disagree with the teachings of the Catholic Church (are free) to leave and to go down the street to the nearest Protestant bible only (make-it-up-as-they-go) self interpreting and personal opinionated man-made denomination and some female preacher or a homosexual pastor will "tell them what they want to hear"!......NO ONE is forcing ANY of these liberal Catholic ( minority) "dissenters" to remain Catholic!....The One True Apostolic Catholic Church founded and initiated by Jesus HIIMSELF over 2000 years ago willCONTINUE to grow as it always has be over 1.5% each and every year) while EVERY Bible Only Protestant Church continues to "decline" EVERY year.....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553236 Aug 6, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
It's been proven repeatedly.
Thief.

Show me..

Am still waiting to be shown....
CeasefireNewsYTu be

Marietta, GA

#553237 Aug 6, 2014

*PM Netanyahu & ISRAEL deserve world's "THANKS" ----

http://youtu.be/0zWYMKk0MDE

Prince George, Canada

#553238 Aug 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Take a hike" .....
Is that any way to converse with a prospective convert?

I suggest you could take a few lessons from the Jehovah's Witnesses. They have the best manners you could ever imagine when they are wanting others to join their religion.

Prince George, Canada

#553239 Aug 6, 2014
CeasefireNewsYTube wrote:
*PM Netanyahu & ISRAEL deserve world's "THANKS" ----
http://youtu.be/0zWYMKk0MDE
What a lot of nonsense!!!

Those on both sides of a war believe the others are "terrorists" and that God is on their own side OF the war.

Prince George, Canada

#553240 Aug 6, 2014
From the book "The Comfortable Pew," by Pierre Burton comes the following....... Published in 1965.

But if the British and American clergy each felt that their nation was especially chosen of God, so did the German Clergy. Gott Mit Uns was the cry.“The German soul is God’s soul and it shall rule over mankind,” said Pastor Lehmann, a comment that was attacked by a Yale professor of practical theology, Henry Hallam Tweedy, as blasphemy, though it was remarkably similar to the one expressed by his own dean on behalf of the American soul.

Prince George, Canada

#553241 Aug 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
It's been proven repeatedly.
Thief.
Show me..
Am still waiting to be shown....
Why don't you and chess have a good old fashioned duel with sabres , with the winner taking ALL?

I would buy a ringside seat just to see the blood flow as in the good old days of settling disputes.
Holy dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#553242 Aug 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope all is well Anthony. Nothing changing around her except: now the new batch of 'Christians' hate Protestanism and Catholicism. Go figure!
nobody will figure
we can see clear,plain and in light
who is most internet haters and abominable RCC pig-it is you,your hate is boiling inside of your hart in the hell,
you can not stand Bible truth and passionate hate send reports to ban others who dissagre with you and your diabolic RCC.
you die like skunk from alcohol,drugs and hate,
but Holy Elected by God's grace dr Shrink nobody ban him,esspecialy you are not able to raise your f........rat head against child of God named Holy dr Shrink

learn how to write basic english,and learn who are Christians fallen spiritual criminal menace together with RCC of this maknind

Prince George, Canada

#553243 Aug 6, 2014
You can't encourage a person to join your religion if you keep telling them they are stupid.

Even 'I' know that much about religion.

Ya need to talk smooooooooth ... like Jerry Falwell, who almost talked Larry Flynt of Hustler Magazine into converting to whatever odd diluted brand of Christianity Jerry was peddling.

When he died, part of me died with him ... thankfully.

Jerry had that magic touch, that made him KNOW so much.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#553244 Aug 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "no offense" because I get the impression my respect for the Orthodox annoys you. And what difference does it make that some Catholics say you 'don't have the fulness'? I've heard far worse from Orthodox apologist.
I think that it is beautiful that you have the respect of the orthodox church. The true church that Christ founded. So no, it would not annoy me. And it is not what a few catholic say it is what all catholics say here including you. So on one hand you guys include the orthodox church when you want to make a point against the protestants but in the next breath tell me the Orthodox church does not have the fullness of faith....double talk ...If you have heard far worst from orthodox apologist what does that have to do with me asking you about the what I am asking you about the catholics here on their belief that the Orthodox church does not have the fullness of faith but YET....you mention the orthodox church when debating with the protestants that our two churches share the same faith???? I am just trying to understand where you guys are at....

Location hidden

#553245 Aug 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Take a hike" with your distorted Protestant "twisted" %'s........Even if they were true ( which they are not) those who disagree with the teachings of the Catholic Church (are free) to leave and to go down the street to the nearest Protestant bible only (make-it-up-as-they-go) self interpreting and personal opinionated man-made denomination and some female preacher or a homosexual pastor will "tell them what they want to hear"!......NO ONE is forcing ANY of these liberal Catholic ( minority) "dissenters" to remain Catholic!....The One True Apostolic Catholic Church founded and initiated by Jesus HIIMSELF over 2000 years ago willCONTINUE to grow as it always has be over 1.5% each and every year) while EVERY Bible Only Protestant Church continues to "decline" EVERY year.....
The Lord warned old Israel against worshipping “man-made gods of wood and stone [statues, images, idols], which cannot see or hear or eat or smell”(Deut. 4:28). And when the devil offered Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor...if you will bow down and worship me,” Jesus replied,“Away from me, Satan! For it is written,‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only’”(Matthew 4:10).

“Bow down and worship me”? Isn’t this what our Catholic friends do when they stoop in the presence of a statue of Mary—or some other idol? Are they not aware that God requires them to worship and serve Him only? And I announce from the roof tops: Away with all religious statues, images, and idols that are bowed down to and worshipped! Ground them to powder and cast them upon the waters! Let it then become “unholy water!”

When Moses came down from the Mountain of God and saw his people had made an idol in the form of a golden calf and were bowing down and worshipping it, he “took the calf they had made and burned it in the fire; then he ground it to powder, scattered it upon the water and made the Israelites drink it”(Exodus 32:19-20). Take heed, you who have built images, statues, and idols and bow down to them—whether Catholics or Protestants. The Lord will some day demand an answer for your idolatrous behavior.
truth

Perth, Australia

#553246 Aug 6, 2014
before on google they give cat
now appearing dog
very sad
yes
if you did not know wrote and read its good
God is with you
especially who is hopeless
what a about that
see deference in writing nobody can't stolen my writing, grammatical is not correct,others accusers can be only hopeless if they try ad anything to me..

Are you for sure God not going help us?
Who can help?
Its you who knows wrote and read very well.
I am sorry for this 3x passage words as every words can be sometimes correct, remember not always.
I am fine,I don't dream any more.

Location hidden

#553247 Aug 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately A.D. 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles. Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church?

On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?

For the first 280 years of Christian history, Christianity was banned by the Roman Empire, and Christians were terribly persecuted. This changed after the “conversion” of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Constantine “legalized” Christianity with the Edict of Milan in A.D. 313. Later, in A.D. 325, Constantine called the Council of Nicea in an attempt to unify Christianity. Constantine envisioned Christianity as a religion that could unite the Roman Empire, which at that time was beginning to fragment and divide. While this may have seemed to be a positive development for the Christian church, the results were anything but positive. Just as Constantine refused to fully embrace the Christian faith, but continued many of his pagan beliefs and practices, so the Christian church that Constantine promoted was a mixture of true Christianity and Roman paganism.

Again.....why did it take Christ over 300 years to build His church...which Catholic erronously claim is the Catholic Church!!!!????
truth

Perth, Australia

#553248 Aug 6, 2014
Christ church beginning with his discipline.
Why you explain differently?
Are you for sure his discipline is all orthodox?
truth

Perth, Australia

#553249 Aug 6, 2014
Why you attacking Jesus Christ followers even if they are woman's?
In Jesus Christ life when he walk alive trough earth many woman's be heal and include in scripture as explanation.

On his graveyards been only some woman' s.
resurrection

What you waiting woman?
I am waiting my Lord, did you see him!
Who see him, are you for sure woman see Lord?
truth

Perth, Australia

#553250 Aug 6, 2014
its written
-be bless who not see but believe
truth

Perth, Australia

#553251 Aug 6, 2014
its written
Christians will be prosecuted
from who
from who liked be bigger then God

Are you for sure you see personally God?
if written
God is in within 3 person father son and holy spirit..

Did you know how many personality God have?
if you know its written
God is everywhere..
Did God watching us?
What God say or you sing ;'ja te gledam milo moje, help me'.
Why you need please always God?
If you not please God, did God still watching you!
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#553252 Aug 6, 2014
Joyce Meyer just preached a wonderful sermon about walking in Jesus and what to expect.
marge

West Des Moines, IA

#553253 Aug 6, 2014
The 'fullness of faith' only can come when GOD calls one to live through JESUS to GOD.

It's the only Way to get your prayers answered, believe JESUS PAID IT ALL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope's upcoming visit inspires anxiety in Phila... 1 hr policestatepractice 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mr_SKY 84,334
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Scales Off 9,603
News Philly to-do list before the Pope, Democrats ar... 4 hr policestatepractice 1
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 9 hr Chimney1 304
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... 16 hr Edithbunker 1
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
More from around the web