Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603228 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553105 Aug 5, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> really? then why does Star always refer to you as owning cats?
Maybe because she believes that because I don't adore her Catholic religion as she does, she thinks I'm catty.

You know ... as in "meow."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

catĚty

deliberately hurtful in one's remarks; spiteful.

of or relating to cats; catlike.

https://www.google.ca/...
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#553106 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't own any cats.
I didn't mean to tease about the cats. You have thick skin like me, but sometimes words still hurt.

Prince George, Canada

#553107 Aug 5, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<GOD CALLS US UNTO HOLINESS, AND RIGHTEOUSNESS...HE DOES NO CALL US UNTO CATHOLICISM OR ANY OTHER EARTHLY ORGANIZATION...
It seems that you forgot that Martin Luther created the earthly organization of your Protestant ideology.

And I suggest he did so because he wanted to marry his lovely nun, and fully comprehending that he couldn't get permission to marry from the church, he gave the Catholic theologians the boot and went his own way ... all the while preaching that he had Jesus and God on his "board."
>>>>>>> >>

Board of directors

hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#553108 Aug 5, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You said only the Catholic church has the true fullness of the faith
Exactly right!.........

Prince George, Canada

#553109 Aug 5, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean to tease about the cats. You have thick skin like me, but sometimes words still hurt.
Your words don't hurt me, as I am not defending a religion where I believe that a god will be hurt if I don't defend his supposed honor.

I'm here to give my experience of how I no longer believe any words written by the men of religion.

Those who want to escape religion will agree with what I write, and those who don't, will not agree. It's as simple as that.

As do you, I have my own agenda.

Prince George, Canada

#553110 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right!.........
If you believe that Catholics have the "fullness" of the faith ... does that mean (from your perspective) that people in other religions don't HAVE fullness of faith ... or do you believe that they are not full of the RIGHT type of faith???

Prince George, Canada

#553111 Aug 5, 2014
I'm full of faith that a creator would never want to exist in order to create all forms of life to in turn suffer.

I'm quite sure that such a creator would by stricken conscience commit suicide rather than having to keep looking "down" upon such a disastrous mess of suffering.

Prince George, Canada

#553112 Aug 5, 2014
I really don't care if I have the genes of a monkey in my body.

I figure they are smarter than humans anyway, so I would take it as a compliment rather than an insult.

Prince George, Canada

#553113 Aug 5, 2014
Watch world new and see if humans in religion have learned anything of value ... keeping in mind of course that most people in the world are IN religions.

Prince George, Canada

#553114 Aug 5, 2014
news

Prince George, Canada

#553115 Aug 5, 2014
Hahahahahaha Another way to rake in the money.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

GOD CREATED EVOLUTION ... bumper sticker.

http://www.zazzle.ca/god_created_evolution_bu...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#553116 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I " NEVER" said that all other religious beliefs are false and evil.......THIS is what YOU have been saying as you June "have become famous" for DISTORTING the Truth!!.....What I DID say is that all Protestant denominations are "half-truth, half-heresy" beliefs., who have rejected many if the teachings of Jesus Christ that were passed on to the Apostles which were taught and proclaimed in the Early Churches beginning with the 1st Universal Catholic a church in Antioch--Acts 2
She says we all say that ...over and over ...and I think she believes it ....despite what everyone tells her.

it's,GODS home, it's up to Him who lives there ..
We,are told to Knock , I hope she does,some day ..

It's up to the owner of the house as to who lives,with Him . June thinks that means,He,is,mean, but says He doesn't exist .....in the same,breath.

KNOCK , June , He is waiting to welcome you ...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#553117 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly right!.........
and the Orthodox church does not? Think carefully before you answer...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#553118 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that Catholics have the "fullness" of the faith ... does that mean (from your perspective) that people in other religions don't HAVE fullness of faith ... or do you believe that they are not full of the RIGHT type of faith???
all of the above lol

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#553119 Aug 5, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> hey back at ya....hows it going? lol
As you can see,not much has,changed ....sigh

Judging icons,abound ..cannot imagine who would do such a thing ...lol.

Prince George, Canada

#553120 Aug 5, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June thinks that means,He,is,mean, but says He doesn't exist ........
You misquoted me.

I don't believe a creator would WANT to be accused of existing to create such a horrible mess of suffering of all forms of life.

I know I wouldn't want anyone to accuse me of having a part in such a vicious plan.

If I saw a starving baby and with my magic wand could stop his/her suffering, I would wave that wand immediately.

Even prayer doesn't end suffering ... so that indicates to me that there isn't anybody HOME up there in the sky.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#553121 Aug 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants defiantly and rebelliously ----------"rejected" -------- the fullness of the FAITH, the fullness of the TRUTH and over abundant "pouring out" of Gods Grace ( over 450 years ago at the Reformation) that HE gave to those who worship, followed and adhere to HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church....This is "exactly why" Protestants are considered to be half-truth half -heresy) Christians.(At best).........People in other religions do not possess the fullness of the faith or the fullness of the Truth (either) because the have "rejected . Are oblivious to, or will not acknowledge" Jesus Christ as the Son of God, the Crucified and Resurrected Savior of the world.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#553122 Aug 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> and the Orthodox church does not? Think carefully before you answer...
You're close!.....
Sherlayne

United States

#553123 Aug 6, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Pagan Rome did have "gods."
Christian Catholic Rome DOES NOT have false gods.
We have only ONE TRUE GOD.
No, but you did say the statue had "horns" that was the statue by Michelangelo, Moses!
I hope there's an afterlife, but the real truth is nobody knows.

Prince George, Canada

#553124 Aug 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants defiantly and rebelliously ----------"rejected" -------- the fullness of the FAITH, the fullness of the TRUTH
You and Robert F both left the Protestant religion because you believe it did NOT offer you salvation as does Roman Catholicism.

Why are you arguing with me ... when I'm agreeing that your opinion of your Catholic self is based on the superior attitude that Jesus and God favor ONLY Catholics and that from your perception, Catholics cornered the market on universal truth?

And the same is true in the reverse. Catholics left the Catholic religion, in the certainty that the Protestant religion ONLY would offer them salvation. The devout ones believe that THEY have the fullness of faith that is aligned to the "mentality" of Jesus AND God.

I believe you are all deluded by your lusts to believe that your personalized theologians fed you universal truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 32 min Passing thru 84,398
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Cultastic 9,675
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web