Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650804 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553476 Aug 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The nuns that taught us,were like very strict mothers...I loved most of them.
And exactly right...we did not study bibles...mostly catechism .
It's obvious you didn't believe what the nuns taught you, or you would not have been drawn to this thread to try to encourage Catholics into your Protestant way of believing.

Prince George, Canada

#553477 Aug 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Kay ...there,is,no way not one soul wrote about Jesus...
Whoever wrote about Jesus was not faithful to Judaism, as the Jews already believed they were the monotheistic God's chosen few. So they didn't believe a savior was at all necessary.

It was the breakaway Jews that wrote of the coming of a savior and the LANDING on earth of a savior.

Do you believe that Krishna is coming to earth to save the Hindus???

NO ... I guess NOT. That thought is not allowed on your RADAR. Krishna is false and Jesus is real ... RIGHT devout Protestant!

Religion is all about being self-centered.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#553478 Aug 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism/Christianity flowed from Judaism. Its a continuation of the Davidic Kingdom. Wasn't Jesus also called the Son of David?? Yeah, my fundie friend, you're going to see the same parallels as the OT flowed into the NT. In fact, that's why fundamentals miss the mark...they don't have a clue about the OT Scriptures. I suppose that's
why they yanked 7 books from the Bible.
Only Catholics know the O.T. now? We both know that Joseph came from the lineage of David. We both know that Christ was not the Son of Joseph. That's where you miss the mark
Please tell us then the Parallel between the Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation. Tell us what Jesus meant when He said Moses spoke of Him.
Saying "fundies" don't read the O.T. is a blatant lie. Why is lying so much a part of defending what you hold sacred, the church? Why can't you tell us about the catholics as history records it and not the legend written by the church. Face it, the catholic church murdered Christians and Jews in the FIRST century, the same century you claim Peter began the church.

Prince George, Canada

#553479 Aug 8, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
Plagiarism is using someone's work without giving credit to that author.
Devotees all say that their literature came from gods ... so let's give all of the gods credit as being the authors of all religious literature.

We don't have to know all the gods names. We just have to acknowledge that they all inspired men to write their universal truth(s) and that ALL of them receive the credit as being the RIGHT-FULL authors.

That way their can't possibly BE any plagiarism.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#553480 Aug 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text> you are a complete sick, disgusting human being. Whoever considers you a fellow Christian is equally sick. There is nothing nice I can say about someone as twisted as you. A thousand Christian martyrs a day in Iraq; the men slaughtered, woman and children slaughtered- but since they are Catholic - you'll blame Constantine? These ISIS Muslims learned it all by watching Catholics? You are a warped insane individual..
Did you forget that Christian missionaries are telling the Muslims in their own countries that Islam is evil and of the devil and that God only loves Christians???

And do you expect the Muslims to take that INSULT "lying down???" That is an insult to ALLAH, and in order to be rewarded with Paradise, they must DEFEND the HONOR of Allah.

Religion is NOT beneficial to humanity. It never was and it never CAN be of any benefit to humanity.

It is self-centered to its rotten infested CORE!

Prince George, Canada

#553481 Aug 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What do you mean by acting?
That's what I want to know.

What did Obama DO that pleased Marge???

YIKES!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#553482 Aug 8, 2014
Free Agent of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>Some
good info again Thanks.
"I warn anyone who hears the prohecy of this Book, if anyone adds to them, God will add unto them the plagues described in this Book" (Revelation 22:18)

You and your buddy, usa born, are too filled with pride to acknowledge how you added to the Book of Revelation with your own person ideological interpretations. You'll be responsible for the souls you lead away from the Eucharist by misleading people. John did not have a vision of the Roman Catholic Church as the harlot and whore. For this, you are guilty of adding to it. Comprehend?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#553483 Aug 8, 2014

Prince George, Canada

#553484 Aug 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
plagiarize
1. To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own.
I want you to prove that the one monotheistic god authored the Puritans to write the KJV bible as being the only truth in the whole universe.
Liam

Garden City, MI

#553485 Aug 8, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Catholics know the O.T. now? We both know that Joseph came from the lineage of David. We both know that Christ was not the Son of Joseph. That's where you miss the mark
Please tell us then the Parallel between the Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation. Tell us what Jesus meant when He said Moses spoke of Him.
Saying "fundies" don't read the O.T. is a blatant lie. Why is lying so much a part of defending what you hold sacred, the church? Why can't you tell us about the catholics as history records it and not the legend written by the church. Face it, the catholic church murdered Christians and Jews in the FIRST century, the same century you claim Peter began the church.

The dangerous thing about this new fanatic sect is how you all are equally ignorant. Protestants and Catholics are quite diverse. Overall.....we're pretty normal. But people like you and guest are birds of a feather, and you flock together. So what you have is a house filled with paranoid 9/11 conspiracy Christians. That freaks me out. If my Kids turned out like guest, I would absolutely be devastated.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#553486 Aug 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible only Protestant anti-Catholics like guest will say "ANYTHING" demeaning and derogatory against our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church in order to sustain their in growen on-going "hate" against Jesus Christ Himself and the ONLY Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated........What a miserable bunch of half-truth half heresy " fundies" that Jesus has to put up with!!!
~~~

are you accusing JESUS CHRIST OF BEING ASSOCIATED WITH A BUNCH OF SODOMIZE-RS?

What can any one say that is more demeaning than a bunch of (so called christian ) priest that

HAVE PROVEN themselves as predators and wolves in sheep garbs...

Personally I would be ashamed to be counted/associated with such predators..

JESUS IS NOT IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH ACTIONS

..let alone defend them...

QUESTION

WHY DO YOU DEFEND A RELIGION THAT CONDONES MULTIPLE PREDATORS?

While you say you don't....

.Then tell the rest of the world

WHERE THESE WOLVES ARE PROWLING NOW?.... and CONVINCE US that they haven't just gone underground...

Prince George, Canada

#553487 Aug 8, 2014
Whoever were the first Christians, they plagiarized the literature of the Jews.

The Christians wanted others to believe that the one monotheistic god in the sky "approved" of that plagiarism.

Those men were very cunning in DEED!

Prince George, Canada

#553488 Aug 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
are you accusing JESUS CHRIST OF BEING ASSOCIATED WITH A BUNCH OF SODOMIZE-RS?
You believe that from the spirit world, Jesus associates with YOU.

If that is true ... Jesus is not at all fussy with whom he associates.

USA Born

Claremont, CA

#553489 Aug 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"I warn anyone who hears the prohecy of this Book, if anyone adds to them, God will add unto them the plagues described in this Book" (Revelation 22:18)
You and your buddy, usa born, are too filled with pride to acknowledge how you added to the Book of Revelation with your own person ideological interpretations. You'll be responsible for the souls you lead away from the Eucharist by misleading people. John did not have a vision of the Roman Catholic Church as the harlot and whore. For this, you are guilty of adding to it. Comprehend?
Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Doesn't any scripture make sense to you? Do you think God would give us scripture, tell us to read it if we were not capable of understanding it?

There is nothing in the scripture about your eucharist. It is a ritual of the catholic church, nothing else. Jesus said to this in memory of Him. I don't need some ritual to remind me of who Christ is and what He gave for HIS church.

Prince George, Canada

#553490 Aug 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The dangerous thing about this new fanatic sect is how you all are equally ignorant.
Well ... you believe the Jews were ignorant when they claimed that the one God in the sky loved only them as his chosen few.

Those in religion always perceive that those who don't see it their way ARE ignorant ... while the self is exceedingly WISE.

The ego is a HUGE stumbling BLOCK!
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#553492 Aug 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The dangerous thing about this new fanatic sect is how you all are equally ignorant. Protestants and Catholics are quite diverse. Overall.....we're pretty normal. But people like you and guest are birds of a feather, and you flock together. So what you have is a house filled with paranoid 9/11 conspiracy Christians. That freaks me out. If my Kids turned out like guest, I would absolutely be devastated.
What dangerous sect? I think it's dangerous for the leader of the most powerful church in history to say they are the only "true church".

I don't know about your paranoid 911 thing, but don't let truth stop you.

Christians may have different views on many things but if we believe Christ is the Messiah, the Son of the living God, then our foundation is sure.

2 Samuel 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?

Prince George, Canada

#553493 Aug 8, 2014
Thinking back to when I was still of the belief that a god was associating with me from the spirit world, I now realize that that also was an arrogant attitude.

I simply refused to accept the part of the religion that taught that a devil and hell existed, as I thought that the god loved all humans as equals.

I couldn't figure out why non-human animals didn't have the same rights to awareness of eternal bliss as did humans, but I was willing to accept the idea as having a basis of some sort of truth.

Now that I am out of religion ... I don't accept that any of the myths were based on universal truth. I accept that they were ALL figments of simple-minded human imagination.

Prince George, Canada

#553494 Aug 8, 2014
Humans in all religions were not born to preach. They learned it from arrogant others.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#553495 Aug 8, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
What dangerous sect? I think it's dangerous for the leader of the most powerful church in history to say they are the only "true church".
I don't know about your paranoid 911 thing, but don't let truth stop you.
Christians may have different views on many things but if we believe Christ is the Messiah, the Son of the living God, then our foundation is sure.
~~~~

AMEN
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553496 Aug 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Devotees all say that their literature came from gods ... so let's give all of the gods credit as being the authors of all religious literature.
We don't have to know all the gods names. We just have to acknowledge that they all inspired men to write their universal truth(s) and that ALL of them receive the credit as being the RIGHT-FULL authors.
That way their can't possibly BE any plagiarism.
You don't need my permission to fantasize anything you want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web