Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591343 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#552954 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you Robert. It is this intellectualized mindset which created the concept of Political Correctness.
Little tolerance will be delegated for those who are politically incorrect according to all political mindsets. So every word is scrutinized to the umph degree,on the networks especially,sometimes it is quite sickening to behold.
Little is done to correct situations,and usually the people who finally do something,are those who are the underlings that are not the leaders performing the deeds to accomplish good results.And who takes the credit?
But God sees all that men do and say,and He does claim that a judgment will be put on every individual accordingly,for what is said and done.
Don't wallow brother in the mire of self incrimination,as Jesus took upon Himself all of your sins,and He wants you to enjoy His promise to give you Inheritance of what He received from the Father. He is the conduit of all that the Father has for us,through Christ the only Mediator between God and Man. We are deserving of hell all of us,but In Christ there is the victory over sin and death to the glory of His dear Son. What Jesus received from His Father He wants to share with all who come to Him by faith.
That is not cheap Christianity I am telling you about,it is wonderful and glorious to the very fiber of your being to hold on to and retain in your being,and to live out in your life to the glory of your BROTHER, JESUS the Christ.If you have weaknesses that hinder your faith in Christ,than simply give them to the Lord,tell Him about them,and He will turn those weaknesses into strengths that will confound you later. Cheap Christianity is when we want nothing but materialism in immature methods of idle prayers to the Father.But true faith is bringing every aspect of who we are to Him,so that He will turn your weaknesses into strengths,for the promotion of His kingdom.What happens to you in Christ,affects your family,your friends and most of all you. AND this is for the glory of the Father who wants to bring about your good through His Son. It does not get any better than that my friend,peace to you brother!
Pad

I am a true pilgrim on this earth. My voyage is spiritual, but with some very bad wrecks and storms along the way.

I have found that royal road of humility best serves me which brings glory to God most important on this earth. God has provided faith and hope as food and drink now till the end. And how much more I must travel now, I do not know. But each day I find myself drawn to improving my relationship with God, the Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

May it be for you also a time of consolation from God to endure the dark times in which we live....
Pad

Rockford, IL

#552955 Aug 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Pad
I am a true pilgrim on this earth. My voyage is spiritual, but with some very bad wrecks and storms along the way.
I have found that royal road of humility best serves me which brings glory to God most important on this earth. God has provided faith and hope as food and drink now till the end. And how much more I must travel now, I do not know. But each day I find myself drawn to improving my relationship with God, the Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
May it be for you also a time of consolation from God to endure the dark times in which we live....
Agree,so true,and our strength Robert is in the Father,Son and Holy Spirit. God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#552956 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The RCCh should not side ever with the Muslims,as many of their faithful in Iraq,and Syria are in great peril. the radical muslim factions are demanding conversion to their religion,or high ridiculous taxes and even death to Catholics in Iraq and Syria.
The Palestinians have been in the middle of conflict for decades.The biggest problem that no one seems to point out is: WHY don't the Arab nations including Jordan,not take the many Palestinians into their jurisdictions,to help them to assimilate into the Arab societies? It is obvious that the Muslims who are bent on destroying Israel,will keep the Palestinians in the Gaza to be a thorn to the Israelis. The Hamas continues on its fanatical pursuit to destroy Israel,no matter what is given to the Palestinian people.Israel could give every Palestinian a new home,and everything they could possibly want,and the Hamas will still determine to wipe Israel off the face of the Map.
Muslims want it all,they want this country as well,look at Europe,every major city is overrun by Muslims from all the Middle Eastern countries.AND they are the ones who are now demonstrating against Israel in Europe.Well intentioned,the Muslim ideology is geared to exist ALONE wherever it takes roots in this world.No other religion or philosophy will be tolerated.However one small ray of hope,The Saudis and Emirates are troubled about the terrorist organizations:Hamas(even though it is Sunni), and Hezbollah(which is Shiite). The royal lines of Kings in Middle Eastern countries do not want Terrorist factions to cause upheaval in their countries,(UNDERSTOOD). There are the Faizals of the Saudi dominion,and the Hashemites of the Jordanian dominion,and even though there are presidents in many of their govts the royal lines still exist. IT is against Arab Statesmanship for Terrorist factions to gain such ground under their dominion,so that will be no doubt a NEW conflict in the Middle East,not just between Arab and Jew.
From what I've read, their neighbors sent many INTO Palestine to settle on their so called ancestral lands,...not that there were not Arabs there , but the Muslims were determined to not allow,the Jews to have the country after the British mandate ..there is,no way they would rescue or resettle those people ..the presence in what is,now,Israel was defensively Hitler to boot, pushing the UN and other countries NOT to allow,Jewish refugees IN and keeping them.on Cypress after the,war and allowing Muslims,to flood into the country.

The fact that after first defeat the,Israelis defended their country and held on is,truly miraculous and I believe God ordained ....such odds,against them ..going back to a,point I keep making, GOD allowed great blessings,on our country because,we worshipped Him AND HE KNEW,ISRAEL would need a,powerful ally ....woe to us if we fail in either . We have pushed Him out of public discourse, but our people do spread His,word...if we don't stand up for Israel , we will sorely hurt ....

GOD bless you and yours,

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#552957 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>THANK YOU, brother Robert F. I appreciate your love in Christ which is toward me right now. There is where we are O N E in Christ Robert,it is the greater picture of our oneness,His love that binds us together. Peace to you and yours as well. And Peace to dear June!
PAD, You are either ignorant or naive to consider a flake like Robert as a Brother in Christ.

one week he is a catholic, while 6 months ago, he was an atheist, next month, who knows.

ONE THING HE ISNT, IS A CHRISTIAN!
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#552958 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>hojo,I understand your reasoning here. We always feel protective of what we have learned to love.
It has been obvious from all of your postings in the past,that you truly love your church and its teachings and so on.
When you read from others negative things about your church,you feel a deep sense of urgency for the church,even though you know deep down that it is not without fault.
I do not feel offended when people criticize the church I attend,however I do feel deeply when the whole of Christianity is called evil,or a distortion and whatever.For I have learned through the years to see the Lord in all facets of His church,the labels of protestant and catholic mean nothing to me anymore,although I do realize that both have distinct mindsets.
It bothers me that people associate all that is evil done by men with GOD,and His perfect will for us all. I am more offended when people criticize our Lord Jesus Christ,and yet He forgives,and wants us to forgive as well.He is merciful! It is the character of God we as believers must contend for,not our particular persuasions,because humanity is prone to sin,mockery and self aggrandizement.
Protestantism to me does not exist in my Christian walk,I do not protest anything that is of GOD,and it is to God that I associate all the merits of a spiritual life,not to a church system.
When I read about Catholics being persecuted in Iraq,my heart pounds for love for those brothers and sisters in Christ,and I associate them with the Body of Christ being defiled by an anti-Christ system,those Catholics are His,as I am his.
When I read about Christian pastors and their wives who are suffering for Christ in Muslim countries,and in India as well,I identify with them. It has been well documented that there are whole support groups of widows who have lost their pastor husbands to vicious mobs of Hindus and Muslims. Christian organizations are having to totally support these women who also have children that are now fatherless,because their fathers were butchered by angry Hindus and Muslims. In South America Communist insurgents have killed many Christian pastors,even their wives and children,burning churches.The cost to follow Christ is deep and with great tribulation.
hojo,my point is that the whole body of Christ suffers for Him who has bought it with a great price. We all are being called upon to serve Him with full commitment and Love. it takes a appreciation for that commitment and love to look beyond our labels and follow HIM with a ONE minded effort! May the Lord richly bless you and your family!
Thanks PAD!.....The expression of your personal faith in Jesus Christ in an ecumenical
manner is wonderful to hear......There are those who "purposely and deliberately"that are on this forum to divide, separate and fracture the Body of Christ and the Body Believers ( especially attacking the Catholic Church and those of us Catholics who worship Our Lord each and every day at daily Mass. Gods Blessing (Aldo) to you and your family,,,,,

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552959 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nightmares are an indication of frustration and a rising sense of vulnerability.
Maybe so! But since I left religion I don't have any confusing dreams ... and I believe that that inner peace is conditional to me not causing any harmful gossip or instigating any other underhanded dealings that would cause harm to others.

My conscience as of today is clear, and I hope for the same tomorrow and the next day until I die.

Prince George, Canada

#552960 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted textCan everyone ignore what is happening in various places on this earth?
NO! I don't like the fact that people are starving to death by the thousands each day and torturing and killing each other ... but I don't intend to worry about things that are out of my control.

And I realize that "for instance" if I was trained as a Christian missionary, I would believe that I was doing the holy work of a god for dragging my kids into Muslim war zones to try to convert the Muslims to Christianity.

Perceptions cause wars and wars tend to decimate cultures.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#552961 Aug 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>PAD, You are either ignorant or naive to consider a flake like Robert as a Brother in Christ.
one week he is a catholic, while 6 months ago, he was an atheist, next month, who knows.
We as believers all have a measure of faith.Christ makes the difference,in one it may seem dim,in others it is vibrant,but together we can all bring the dim ones to a brilliance,we can all share in Christ. I remember posts with Robert years ago,when he was a muslim,and also when he went atheist for awhile. But now as only Christ can be His source,he claims to be a believer. I do not have to know him personally to evaluate his walk,I encourage him,as is the gift the Lord has given me to do. My calling him a flake would be a detriment to my own soul at this point, so I choose to call him a brother in Christ,as our Lord is not divided,we are perhaps,but HE is not.

I will tell you that truthfully I claim no stock or credence as it were in Protestantism. Nor do I claim any more to being a Catholic. As there is no Jew,or Greek,or man or woman in Christ,there is no Protestant,Catholic or Orthodox in Christ,if HE is our portion,we are ONE in Him,it is as simple as that. Christ is not divided!
Pad

Rockford, IL

#552962 Aug 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks PAD!.....The expression of your personal faith in Jesus Christ in an ecumenical
manner is wonderful to hear......There are those who "purposely and deliberately"that are on this forum to divide, separate and fracture the Body of Christ and the Body Believers ( especially attacking the Catholic Church and those of us Catholics who worship Our Lord each and every day at daily Mass. Gods Blessing (Aldo) to you and your family,,,,,
Thank you hojo! His love is perfect,since we are able to go to Him boldly in faith believing,our love in Christ is perfect as well. Same blessings to you as well!

Prince George, Canada

#552963 Aug 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
A couple of thoughts....Though you say you were self-centered, now you call yourself and everyone selfish. I don't see much difference.
Back when I was young, I tended to not to worry my self about the repercussions of my behaviors.

Now I am more observant of monitoring my selfish behavior.

However, I know that if push came to shove, I could be VERY selfish ... even to the point of killing other humans.

To know thy self is to know that one cannot know the self until hot-buttons are pushed. The problem is, that then it is often too late to undo what one has done.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#552964 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>We as believers all have a measure of faith.Christ makes the difference,in one it may seem dim,in others it is vibrant,but together we can all bring the dim ones to a brilliance,we can all share in Christ. I remember posts with Robert years ago,when he was a muslim,and also when he went atheist for awhile. But now as only Christ can be His source,he claims to be a believer. I do not have to know him personally to evaluate his walk,I encourage him,as is the gift the Lord has given me to do. My calling him a flake would be a detriment to my own soul at this point, so I choose to call him a brother in Christ,as our Lord is not divided,we are perhaps,but HE is not.
I will tell you that truthfully I claim no stock or credence as it were in Protestantism. Nor do I claim any more to being a Catholic. As there is no Jew,or Greek,or man or woman in Christ,there is no Protestant,Catholic or Orthodox in Christ,if HE is our portion,we are ONE in Him,it is as simple as that. Christ is not divided!
If you KNEW what the Bible says, you might learn to grow. you think that you are a mature Person but you are lacking in what "thus saith the Lord.

James 1;8 explains clearly what I am telling you about people like Robert.

Prince George, Canada

#552965 Aug 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Don't sell yourself short, I think a lot of your posts to both the radical Catholics and Protestants helped me realize the futility of convincing others as well. It has to do more with one's refusal to be objective. I have gone through so many religions and views, because I was trying to be objective on the matter.
It is perhaps your delivery at times which makes you seem angry on the subject, and that deflates the point you make.
I perceive that you are also a radical Catholic who in turn believes you ARE objective, and that is what frustrates me.

Of course my frustration is not your problem. It is mine. I could just ignore you ... but I don't.

So, it is what it is.

We've been conversing since 2006, so you are rather like a part of my own family, and family members don't always see eye to eye ... right Robert???

:)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#552966 Aug 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so! But since I left religion I don't have any confusing dreams ... and I believe that that inner peace is conditional to me not causing any harmful gossip or instigating any other underhanded dealings that would cause harm to others.
My conscience as of today is clear, and I hope for the same tomorrow and the next day until I die.
Since I cannot determine my life by dreams,I am glad you have nice dreams June.Nice dreams do not mean you are free from being responsible for your own soul. It is a responsibility which all humans have to be concerned about their lives on this earth.Knowing who you are and why you are here is something that is needed for many people especially today in our sick society of over indulgence and overt independence. So many people are mentally ill today,because they are unaware of the purpose of why they are here,and what role they can play as well.

Since I am not God,I have no clue as to what every person individually can be determined for.However,it is really a needed fact of awareness of why a person is born,and to what end they strive to go.Many people if they were given the opportunity to truly see themselves in a positive light as it were,it would avert many crimes.Criminals although they choose to do the things they do,are victims also in a sense of not realizing their role in this life,especially not to be criminals. There is not a day that goes by where I work,that criminals are not processed and treated,most of whom have no clue as to the positive person they could be,rather than the opposite.

It is a deep spiritual matter of the soul that plagues many humans,and actually from my experience,I see that God has a distinctive part in bringing men and women out of their distresses,and into a clearly set road of stability and a changed character. Although not easy,it is a great thing to see. You have every right to your unbelief,but when you stand so strongly on the premise that God in fact is a figment of our imagination as it were,you are basically saying that all people should reject God,when they need Him the most!

Prince George, Canada

#552967 Aug 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>PAD, You are either ignorant or naive to consider a flake like Robert as a Brother in Christ.
The Catholics killed Catholics over trying to OWN that word Christian ... and Protestants killed Protestants over trying to OWN that word Christian.

It seems to be a word that is valued so high as to shed rivers of blood in the quest to OWN the word.

The behavior was and is totally irrational, but things learned are difficult to set free.

"I am a REAL Christian."

"NO, YOU ARE NOT!!!'I' am a REAL Christian."

Prince George, Canada

#552968 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Nice dreams do not mean you are free from being responsible for your own soul.
I don't believe in the existence of a soul or a spirit.

I believe as occurs with other animals I am driven by emotions, and that I am responsible for "hopefully" controlling my emotions, so I don't bite others as a pit-bull does when in a bad mood.

:)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#552969 Aug 3, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>If you KNEW what the Bible says, you might learn to grow. you think that you are a mature Person but you are lacking in what "thus saith the Lord.
James 1;8 explains clearly what I am telling you about people like Robert.
So we are not to be as the wind,going in many different directions,that is fact.It stands to reason that our faith is in a PERSON,not in isms. When a person states that the Lord Himself is in his life,and he relies on the direction of the Lord,who are we to do anything but to encourage? I highly doubt that the Lord Jesus Himself would have admonished me for reaching out to a brother.

How often in the Gospels of Matthew,Mark,Luke and John do we see the Lord Himself encourage and exalt those of faith"In all of Israel I have not seen such faith......" We as believers who have the character of Christ are called to LOVE,show MERCY,and to walk humbly before our God,I will remain the same in that as I embrace those truths for my own life as well. What is having the character of Christ? AND just how do you think we come by such?

Prince George, Canada

#552970 Aug 3, 2014
On my avatar it states 2009, but that was when I registered with Topix. I actually started posting in 2006.

Before I registered, to irritate me, people were continually posting in my name and it became confusing for other posters as they didn't know who was writing which posts.

That was a lesson for me that people can write anything and pretend that someone else was the author.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#552971 Aug 3, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
What would I possible have to duck from a proven thief, thief?
Accused but never proven...you are ducking the truth...

Prince George, Canada

#552972 Aug 3, 2014
Pad wrote:
< I highly doubt that the Lord Jesus Himself would have admonished me for reaching out to a brother.
If a Muslim reached out to you as a brother and wanted you to leave Christianity and join Islam, would you be flattered, or insulted?

Prince George, Canada

#552973 Aug 3, 2014
The popular Broadway show, currently in its third year, features a song performed by a Mormon missionary who includes the alleged afterlife planet in a number about his beliefs:

"I believe that God has a plan for all of us. I believe that plan involved me getting my own planet... I believe that God lives on a planet called Kolob."

http://www.thewire.com/culture/2014/02/mormon...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 min Gee Tee 9,430
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... 3 hr ELIAS IBARRA 16
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 26
News Rick Santorum blasts Pope Francis as 'not credi... 7 hr Tazo 1
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... Mon L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Mon KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Mon pazuzu 68
More from around the web