Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637924 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553075 Aug 5, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> and God smiles upon those that humble themselves to HIM
By stating "Those in my group are saved and all others will spend eternity in hell. I read it in a book, and those were the meanings 'I' took implanted in the words ... so it MUST be true ... blah, blah, blah."

Prince George, Canada

#553076 Aug 5, 2014
There is no question about it that all devotees in their personalized cults are there because they believe they will be rewarded with utopic bliss forever and ever.

If all religion was true ... all believers in all sects (sections) WOULD be rewarded with utopic bliss.

Some humans started religious lies and others caught on and kept on promoting the same lies as being based on universal truth.

You can't all be preaching supposed universal truth ... so I suggest that all of you are simply repeating lies.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#553077 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By stating "Those in my group are saved and all others will spend eternity in hell. I read it in a book, and those were the meanings 'I' took implanted in the words ... so it MUST be true ... blah, blah, blah."
blah, blah, blah....you will reap what you sow.. We do share one thing in common from what I have read. I to own cats that I have rescued....That's it....

Prince George, Canada

#553078 Aug 5, 2014
"The lies of the FATHERS."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I suggest there's a message there ... for those who are open to receive the message.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#553079 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you rather I shovel shit in a slow manner???
And by the way, there's lots of room on the forum for you to post and in turn inform me about your spiritual adventures in the sky!
:)
hahaha, No!
You're Tenacious!
You have made an art of it..
Holy dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#553080 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
To teach children that they are born as wretched broken sinners and expect them to feel good about their selves is ludicrous.
I suggest they should be taught that they have the ability to be kind, but that because we are born with a will to survive, our natures are based on selfishness.
Only then will they feel that their selfishness is natural and not evil ... as is taught by religion.
The best for which we can strive is to try to be less selfish and somewhat more considerate of the feelings of others.
most atheistic pigs like you teach children how to make sex,or accept them to be gays of lesbians
such morality like yours so call secalar morality is worth only pile of 6 weeks huamn s...who was left on the full son exposed to the heat, create movable s....because white maggots penetrate this s..from inside,
that is what is your morality,
you talk about children but before children each from other man,scumbags like you male sex and never help them where are their fathers?
and you seat like lunatic pathetic idiot day and night on this thread and babling worthless BS,not able to change anything only expose your stupidity and atheistic cretinism?
sesh you worthless poor idiot
Bwian Nipoles

Houston, TX

#553081 Aug 5, 2014
Why do Catholic Priest bang little boys weiners....
Sherlayne

United States

#553082 Aug 5, 2014
CATHOLIC PICNIC wrote:
Is this the bash the RCC forum ? If so, I don't want any part of it.
Catholics believe in a live and let live doctrine. God bless all you good Christians out there and don't forget to spin the wheel, throw dice, play some cards, have a beer and watch the kids have fun at the next picnic. It all goes to a good cause. Peace.
They do not believe in "live and let live". They claim to be the only REAL church.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#553083 Aug 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Exodus 20:4....you shallNOT! Make for yourself any C-A-R-V-E-D....image, or ANY likeness that is in heaven.
.....sounds clear to me.
..... Exodus 20.1-26......you SHALL NOT bow down to them or serve them for I am a jealous God.
........sounds clear to me.
..... Acts 17-29..... being of gods offspring we ought not think of the divine like silver or gold as an imagine formed by the ART or IMAGINATION by man.
.....sounds clear to me!
..... Isaiah 42-8...... I am the lord, my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.
.....sounds clear to me!
I <3 it when you quote Scripture !!

We all know that you were there physically in Catholic school, but not mentally !

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...

“Happy 2016!!”

#553084 Aug 5, 2014
Did you hear the one about Catholics “worshiping” statues?

Against idolatry appear throughout Scripture (e.g., Numbers 33:52, Deut. 7:5, 25, 9:12, 12:3; 2 Kings 17:9-18, 23:24; 2 Chron. 23:17, 28:1-3, 22:18-25, 34:1-7). In 1 Corinthians 10:14 St. Paulwrote,“beloved, shun the worship of idols (Romans 1:18-23). God condemns the sin of idolatry, whether in the form of worshipping statues, or stock options, or sex, or power, or a new car, any thing as an idol. But He does not prohibit religious images provided they are used properly. For example, in Exodus chapter 25 God commands Moses to carve statues of angels.“The LORD said to Moses ... you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece with the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.... There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are upon the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you of all that I will give you in commandment for the people of Israel”(Exodus 25:1, 18-20, 22; cf. 26:1).

This shows clearly that there are circumstances in which religious images are not merely permissible but actually pleasing to God. Another example is the rather humorous incident described in 1 Samuel 6:1-18. In Exodus 28:31-34 the Lord commanded that Aaron’s priestly vestments be adorned with images of pomegranates. In Numbers 21:8-9 He commanded Moses to fashion the graven image of a snake that would miraculously cure poisonous snakebites (a mysterious foreshadowing of the cross of Christ [cf. John 3:14; 8:28]). And in 2 Kings 18:4, when the people began worshipping the bronze serpent, the King immediately destroyed it. What once was a legitimate sacred image had become an object of idolatry.(A cautionary tale for anyone tempted toward superstition or idolatry). And notice what God told Solomon as he constructed the Temple:“’Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in my statutes and obey my ordinances and keep all my commandments and walk in them, then I will establish my word with you, which I spoke to David your father. And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake my people Israel.’ So Solomon built the house, and finished it.”(1 Kings 6:12-12-14). This statement is important because the Temple contained a vast number of statues and images including angels, trees, flowers, oxen, and lions (cf. 1 Kings 6:23-35, 7:25, 36). Solomon’s decision to include these religious images came from the gift of wisdom God had blessed him with (cf. 1 Kings 3:1-28). And far from being displeased by such images,“the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually”(1 Kings 9:3). Obviously, God would not have blessed Solomon and “hallowed” his temple filled with statues and images if He did not approve of them — further proof that images can be good when used to order our minds toward God and heavenly realities. Remember too that St. Paul called Christ “the express image” of the invisible God (Colossians 1:15). The Greek word here for “image” is eikonos, from which we derive the word “icon.” Just as we keep pictures of our family and friends to remind us of them, we also keep statues and images in our homes and churches to remind us of our Lord, Our Lady and the Saints. Additional passages to study: John 14:9 Colossians 1:15 Hebrews 1:3 1 John 1:1-3 -
See more at: http://patrickmadrid.com/did-you-hear-the-one...

“Happy 2016!!”

#553085 Aug 5, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
At least the "fundies" read the Bible.
-

1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
1 Peter 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
Nice, u didn't add the important verse....verse 9.

1 Peter 2:
and
“A stone that will make people stumble,
and a rock that will make them fall.”
They stumble by disobeying the word, as is their destiny.g
* But you are

“a chosen race,

a royal priesthood,

a holy nation, a people of his own, so that you may announce the praises” of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

Fundies would not be able to read the Bible if the First Christians called Catholic had not given it to them.

"If the Catholic Church discourages Bible reading, the Pope, the thousands of Catholic Bishops, and the many millions of Catholic lay people, are not aware of it. For the Popes have issued pastoral letters to the whole Church, called encyclicals, on the edifying effects of Bible

reading. The Catholic Bible far outsells all other Christian Bibles

worldwide. In fact, it has always been thus. The very first Christian Bible was produced by the Catholic Church – compiled by Catholic scholars of the 2nd and 3rd century and approved for general Christian use by the Catholic Councils of Hippo (393) and Carthage (397). The very first printed Bible was produced under the auspices of the Catholic Church – printed by the Catholic inventor of the printing press, Johannes Gutenberg. And the very first Bible with chapters and numbered verses was produced by the Catholic Church – the work of Stephen Langton,

Cardinal Archbishop of Canterbury. It was this perennial Catholic

devotion to the Bible which prompted Martin Luther – who certainly

cannot be accused of Catholic favoritism – to write in his Commentary on St. John: "We are compelled to concede to the Papists that they have the Word of God, that we received it from them, and that without them we should have no knowledge of it at all."

“Happy 2016!!”

#553086 Aug 5, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>\
Don't try to tell me Rome didn't have gods. I wasn't looking at a statue of Moses holding the commandments.
Pagan Rome did have "gods."
Christian Catholic Rome DOES NOT have false gods.
We have only ONE TRUE GOD.

No, but you did say the statue had "horns" that was the statue by Michelangelo, Moses!

“Happy 2016!!”

#553087 Aug 5, 2014
Music, Cheer, Prayer...More than 50,000 altar servers give Pope Francis a warm welcome

2014-08-05

" Pope Francis took a break from his vacation to meet with more than 50,000 altar servers in St. Peter's Square. After making several rounds in the popemobile to greet the crowds, the Pope led the Vespers and prayed with the youths while speaking in German.

A group of altar servers also had the opportunity to ask the Pope some questions. Everything from the meaning of being an altar server, to time management and how to deal with teasing from their friends and peers. "
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553088 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Catholics have the only true church ... then the others ones are all false and therefor evil ... according to Jesus AND God ... RIGHT hojo???
That is what you have peddling as universal truth. Now you are telling a different story, you double-talking fibber. Did you forget the title of this thread ... "Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"
I " NEVER" said that all other religious beliefs are false and evil.......THIS is what YOU have been saying as you June "have become famous" for DISTORTING the Truth!!.....What I DID say is that all Protestant denominations are "half-truth, half-heresy" beliefs., who have rejected many if the teachings of Jesus Christ that were passed on to the Apostles which were taught and proclaimed in the Early Churches beginning with the 1st Universal Catholic a church in Antioch--Acts 2

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553089 Aug 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What is causing you to not answering my questions?? Do you need clarification???
Per Scripture: Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
So...you don't believe the Holy Trinity, as expressed in Scripture: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?????
You don't believe the Catholic Encyclopedia that says: Jesus Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...
I do and and have done so for over 75 years.....and I are a SBC church member!!!!
Yes I believe in the,Trinity as,I said.

God bless you ...peace .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553090 Aug 5, 2014
StarC wrote:
Did you hear the one about Catholics “worshiping” statues?
Against idolatry appear throughout Scripture (e.g., Numbers 33:52, Deut. 7:5, 25, 9:12, 12:3; 2 Kings 17:9-18, 23:24; 2 Chron. 23:17, 28:1-3, 22:18-25, 34:1-7). In 1 Corinthians 10:14 St. Paulwrote,“beloved, shun the worship of idols (Romans 1:18-23). God condemns the sin of idolatry, whether in the form of worshipping statues, or stock options, or sex, or power, or a new car, any thing as an idol. But He does not prohibit religious images provided they are used properly. For example, in Exodus chapter 25 God commands Moses to carve statues of angels.“The LORD said to Moses ... you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece with the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.... There I will meet with you, and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim that are upon the ark of the testimony, I will speak with you of all that I will give you in commandment for the people of Israel”(Exodus 25:1, 18-20, 22; cf. 26:1).
This shows clearly that there are circumstances in which religious images are not merely permissible but actually pleasing to God. Another example is the rather humorous incident described in 1 Samuel 6:1-18. In Exodus 28:31-34 the Lord commanded that Aaron’s priestly vestments be adorned with images of pomegranates. In Numbers 21:8-9 He commanded Moses to fashion the graven image of a snake that would miraculously cure poisonous snakebites (a mysterious foreshadowing of the cross of Christ [cf. John 3:14; 8:28]). And in 2 Kings 18:4, when the people began worshipping the bronze serpent, the King immediately destroyed it. What once was a legitimate sacred image had become an object of idolatry.(A cautionary tale for anyone tempted toward superstition or idolatry). e religious images came from the gift of wisdom God had blessed him with (cf. 1 Kings 3:1-28). And far from being displeased by such images,“the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually”(1 Kings 9:3). Obviously, God would not ha:1-3 -
See more at: http://patrickmadrid.com/did-you-hear-the-one...
edited for space

"Against idolatry appear throughout Scripture (e.g., Numbers 33:52, Deut. 7:5, 25, 9:12, 12:3; 2 Kings 17:9-18, 23:24; 2 Chron. 23:17, 28:1-3, 22:18-25, 34:1-7). In 1 Corinthians 10:14 St. Paulwrote,“beloved, shun the worship of idols (Romans 1:18-23). God condemns the sin of idolatry, whether in the form of worshipping statues, or stock options, or sex, or power, or a new car, any thing as an idol."

"This shows clearly that there are circumstances in which religious images are not merely permissible but actually pleasing to God."

Possibilities:

A. The teaching that the Sacred Infallible Word of God is bunk....it teaches opposites...
B. You are wrong as sin..the Word of God is Sacred Inspired and Infallible.

My vote is for "B"...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#553091 Aug 5, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
“My comment on CHRISLAM , is that it seems,more in tune with a belief system not glorifying Christ above all as,SAVIIUR . This muddying of beliefs does sound dangerous. And I agree on that”.
I agree with this part 100%. It’s not dangerous for those who have a strong foundation in Christ but, for those who don’t, I love to study “end time” prophecy. I don’t know everything, that’s for certain but that’s where I’m coming from. There is no fear in trying to understand the end times. It’s intriguing, motivating and, for lack of a better word, awesome. IMO, the development and evolution of Chrislam will tell the story. The concept of Chrislam is not new but, it is becoming more known.
I do not think the Pope is pushing Chrislam because he, at some point will deny Christ. The Pope is trying to find common ground with the three major religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Compromises will have to be made.
I’m not trying to judge Muslims, Catholics or anyone else. I know that’s not my job nor within my ability. God will judge the hearts of all mankind, including me. I’m just intrigued by the way the world is going as compared to scripture. IMO, Israel’s return to their land promised to their fathers, is no coincidence. If it is not a coincidence, its prophecy fulfilled. I don’t believe satan can change anything our sovereign God said will come to pass.
I too am taken somewhat with end time prophecy, but admit I don't understand a lot of it
..Babylon could mean us , we fit the description.

I was answering your post re Pope Francis

Is the Pope promoting a,one world religion , I don't think.so, at least I don't see it now.
IF any holy man calls,for compromise in belief as Christ as the Way , then they more so fit the description. Or if they insist on detriment to Israel , which is fulfilling prophecy I.agree .

I don't belief Radicals,will ever find common ground ,but aiming for peaceful respect without giving up our belief in Our Saviuir is nit a bad thing , imo . If it stops,some killing, good for him ..
Though I actually do nit see God in the men who want annihilation of Israel or subjugation of women..they flat out want power and are misogynist ,,imo ...nothing to do with the God of Abraham .Jews may have been patriarchal , but did not mutilate their women religiously ....
I'm sure there are those perverting the faith anywhere, but one RELIGiON in this,age SAYS it's god wants violence, I don't see any compromise with these proponents of genocide ...
It is,quite possible that there are many who truly worship with a,peaceful heart in all three,religions......if these,folk can worship and live side by side with others , God bless them ., but not by our Faith be diluted,

Blessings,

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#553093 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I " NEVER" said that all other religious beliefs are false and evil.......THIS is what YOU have been saying as you June "have become famous" for DISTORTING the Truth!!.....What I DID say is that all Protestant denominations are "half-truth, half-heresy" beliefs., who have rejected many if the teachings of Jesus Christ that were passed on to the Apostles which were taught and proclaimed in the Early Churches beginning with the 1st Universal Catholic a church in Antioch--Acts 2
You said only the Catholic church has the true fullness of the faith

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#553094 Aug 5, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> and God smiles upon those that humble themselves to HIM
HEY SERA, sorry I missed you ..worked today and dealing with leaks...old houses !!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553095 Aug 5, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I believe in the,Trinity as,I said.
God bless you ...peace .
Your words:

Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Three persons in ONE GOD.
JESUS IS GOD ...THE FATHER IS GOD..THE HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD.

So...you do not believe the Catholic dogma of the Trinity

The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of the Christian religion — the truth that in the unity of the Godhead there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, these Three Persons being truly distinct one from another.

In this Trinity of Persons the Son is begotten of the Father by an eternal generation, and the Holy Spirit proceeds by an eternal procession from the Father and the Son.

Yet, notwithstanding this difference as to origin, the Persons are co-eternal and co-equal: all alike are uncreated and omnipotent. This, the Church teaches, is the revelation regarding God's nature which Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came upon earth to deliver to the world: and which she proposes to man as the foundation of her whole dogmatic system.

Repeat: the Persons are co-eternal and co-equal: all alike are uncreated and omnipotent.
Repeat: God's nature which Jesus Christ, the Son of God,

You did not respond to the question regarding the Catholic teaching that Christ is the incarnate Son of God...why???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Im Just Saying 10,084
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web