Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685566 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553054 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We have discussed this before!....YOU have accepted "your ifs"--- and each one of us, as Christians of various religious beliefs have EACH accepted "our ifs"!.... So like Inhave told you before, there is "nothing more" to talk about here........
So then why are you still "talking?"

The fact IS, you have NOT accepted the "ifs" of other Christians, because when they want to confront you with the "if" that they are favorites of Jesus and God, you make it plain that in your mind there is NO "if" about it ... Catholics are the one and only favorites on planet earth AND in the sky.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553055 Aug 5, 2014
Why anyone would WANT to be a favorite of such a monster-god that would reject others to eternal hell is not a mystery to me.

It's because you welcomed the nonsensical belief into your brain-cells that the only other option was and is eternal hell.

And as Robert once stated in his more lucid mentality ... it is that fear of hell and fear of not making it to heaven that holds you to religion.

If you had faith that the all-powerful GOD had nothing but love in his character ... you would never NEED to stay in any religion whatsoever, because you would feel nothing BUT warmth and love when "his" image entered your thoughts.

You know and I know that you are certain that GOD has the power AND the vicious character to be VERY cruel.

BWAAAAGGGHHHH!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553056 Aug 5, 2014
Even a human parent that cared one iota for his children would never let an evil man hurt those children if he had it in his power to protect the children from harm.

And you want me to believe that a god that loved his children would not only allow a horrible devil to burn them in hell ... but that the god would be the one to first create the spirit OF that devil that he KNEW ahead of "time" was going to commit the atrocious deed!

And added to that insult to my mentality ... you want me to believe that the god will reject those TO hell that have faith in other religious doctrines and favor you because of YOUR personalized religious doctrines in which YOU place your entire faith.

Idiocy abounds.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553057 Aug 5, 2014
I just knew those Protestant preachers of my childhood were not preaching truth.

My little Catholic friends also knew that their priests were not preaching any semblance of truth.

We knew that a savior would not PLAY favorites and take sides in any specific religion.

As children we spotted THAT lie.

When you didn't know better, you couldn't do better. As children you didn't ask the pertinent questions because you were taught that God would smite you for doubting HIM.

But you are no longer children. And when you can SEE how the theologians played against each other ... and FEAR of a God that will smite you sill holds you in bondage ... you have a major problem.

If you don't go beyond the fear ... your children will grow up as Protestants and Catholics ... taking sides in the fights of which ones will be allowed in heaven and which ones will be rejected by GOD and Jesus to eternal hell.

The onus is on YOU!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553058 Aug 5, 2014
We have the choice to change the pattern.

We no longer have the right to teach children to kill each other over religious dogmas.

Christians in Africa are once again taking up arms against the Muslims who are tired of the Christian missionaries informing them that Islam is evil and that Muslims will go to Christian hell if they don't convert to Christianity.

And the Muslims are just as adamant that they are the only ones that the god will love.

The Christians claim that Jesus is on their side of the HOLY war, and the Muslims claim that the invisible Mahdi is on their side of the HOLY war.

INSANITY RULES!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553059 Aug 5, 2014
Men never had the right a-way to teach children that killing was ordained by gods.

Those men simply took it upon their selves to ordain their selves as credible religious preachers of universal truth.

Do NOT put your faith in words written by men that in turn cloak their selves in the guises of gods.

Their agendas are NOT HOLY ... by any MEANS.

They want you to be NEEDY of their words that they sell to you in VAIN.

They were not inspired by anything divine. They were filled with LUST to hold power over your mentalities ... period!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553060 Aug 5, 2014
I am not asking you for any money.

I'm here to share my long journey of being captivated for seventy years of my life by lies put upon me by others who often knew no better than to repeat the lies that they were sure was based on truth.

Just as were you, I was taught that the best part of me was in heaven with the loving God in spirit-form, while the worst part of me was on earth in my physical body.

I took some of what they taught me as truth ... but now I don't take ANY of what they taught me as truth.

I now have faith that I was born WHOLE and was simply impregnated with the nonsensical idea that I was sick in my soul and spirit and needed the words of theologians to in turn once again make me feel whole.

I gave all that theological supposed "wisdom" a boot out the door of my brain ... and now I feel free and completely whole ... just as I am.

I don't WANT your money. I just want you to have that same feeling of wholeness that is now mine ... that in turn was stolen FROM you in your childhood when you were taught that it was true that you were a sinner that had offended a god.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553061 Aug 5, 2014
Non-human animals most certainly never offended any gods ... did they? Yet they suffer horrible fates.

I suggest there was NO plan by a loving OR a malevolent creator.

I suggest that there simply is a better explanation that we might never have the supposed "wisdom" to discover.

Non-human animals probably don't have a need to solve such mysteries ... and neither do I.

I simply try each day to be as kind as my situation allows and to value my self and others as being whole ... just as we are.

I might end up having a horrible fate ... but I'm not going to spend the rest of what's left of my life on earth worrying about what might never become a "reality."

Non-human animals tend to live (for lack of a better term) in each moment ... and that is also my intention.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#553062 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Non-human animals most certainly never offended any gods ... did they? Yet they suffer horrible fates.
I suggest there was NO plan by a loving OR a malevolent creator.
I suggest that there simply is a better explanation that we might never have the supposed "wisdom" to discover.
Non-human animals probably don't have a need to solve such mysteries ... and neither do I.
I simply try each day to be as kind as my situation allows and to value my self and others as being whole ... just as we are.
I might end up having a horrible fate ... but I'm not going to spend the rest of what's left of my life on earth worrying about what might never become a "reality."
Non-human animals tend to live (for lack of a better term) in each moment ... and that is also my intention.
Do you have an assembly line there June?
Someone is shoveling shyt fast!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553063 Aug 5, 2014
To teach children that they are born as wretched broken sinners and expect them to feel good about their selves is ludicrous.

I suggest they should be taught that they have the ability to be kind, but that because we are born with a will to survive, our natures are based on selfishness.

Only then will they feel that their selfishness is natural and not evil ... as is taught by religion.

The best for which we can strive is to try to be less selfish and somewhat more considerate of the feelings of others.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553065 Aug 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you have an assembly line there June?
Someone is shoveling shyt fast!
Would you rather I shovel shit in a slow manner???

And by the way, there's lots of room on the forum for you to post and in turn inform me about your spiritual adventures in the sky!

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553066 Aug 5, 2014
Without the HELP of god creating the physical bodies of Adam and Eve ... our spirits or souls could not BE STUCK in physical bodies.

So the god's purpose was to CREATE sinners.

Ludicrous theology, written by men with no more brains than door knobs.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553067 Aug 5, 2014
Cave men were fully aware that all the bad things that caused suffering unfolded on earth ... so it was natural for them to believe that a literal hell was down below and a literal heaven was in the sky.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553068 Aug 5, 2014
Imagine if we had been taught that the literal heaven was down below and that literal hell was up above.

That would confuse the brain-cells ... wouldn't it???

Fantasies wouldn't get the mental "food" they needed to keep them AIR-RATED.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553069 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So then why are you still "talking?"
The fact IS, you have NOT accepted the "ifs" of other Christians, because when they want to confront you with the "if" that they are favorites of Jesus and God, you make it plain that in your mind there is NO "if" about it ... Catholics are the one and only favorites on planet earth AND in the sky.
Your "personal opinion" with regard to my Catholic faith and how I see the faith of other Chirstians is as "bogus" as your own atheistic ideology.....There are "no favorites of Jesus" despite the distorted "rhetoric" that you keep pushing on this forum. God Our Faher " along" will make that final judgement as to who is rewarded with eternal life in heaven and who is not!!!
The Catholic Church is the only faith that has the fullness of the faith and the fullness of the Truth allowing us to "fully grow" in the faith and Salvation of Jesus Christ.during our lifetimes.
Just because Protestants have "partially rejected" that FULLNESS of TRUTH and FAITH does not mean that they are any less favored by God HIMSELF in and through His Son Jesus.. It only means that the "abundance of Gods Grace" that He is offering to ALL believers is "diminished" by their own "defiance and rebellious" CHOICE!....
jethro8

Hingham, MA

#553070 Aug 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro, YOUR RIGHT NOT MUCH HAS CHANGED. AND YOUR RIGHT GOD DIDN'T CREATE ANY RELIGION. BECAUSE RELIGIONS CONDEMN MAN , AND KEEP THEM IN BONDAGE TO A SYSTEM OF BELIEF'S.
GEESE ARE VERY AGRESSIVE WHEN THREATEN JETHRO, IF YOU CALL THE SPCA IN YOUR AREA THEY WOULD PLACE IT WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KEEP HIM. DOES HE FLY??
WE CAN CHAT ALONG TIME ON HERE, AND I WOULD LIKE THAT VERY MUCH.
I AM TRYING TO ADJUST TO AN EMPTY HOUSE, THERE IS JUST ME AND MY HUSBAND NOW, I WENT FROM COOKING FOR 8 EVERYNIGHT; SOMETIMES UP TO 17 PEOPLE . I AM BORED.
ITS LIGHTER ON MY GROCERY BILL . MY DAUGHTER HAS PDS, SHE WAS DRINKING TO GET RID OF FLASH BACKS, AND IT ONLY MADE IT WORST.
SHE HAS TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO KILL HERSELF.
THE LAST TIME SHE WAS GONE , THEY FLEW HER FROM CHAPLEAU TO SUDBURY.
AND REVIVED HER ON THE WAY.
THE SAD PART IS HER DAUGHTER WAS ONLY 13 SHE WAS ALONE WHEN SHE FOUND HER MOM THAT WAY.
SHE STARTED CUTTING HERSELF, THEIR DOING GOOD NOW, SHE IS LIVING BACK WITH HER MOM, AND IS HAPPY HAS A JOB AT THE YMCA SHE IS GREAT WITH KIDS.
I HAD PRESTON, AND CONFRINTING AND EVERYONE ELSE PRAYING FOR MY FAMILY. I KNOW IN MY HEART HE ANSWERED THOSE PRAYERS.
YOU TAKE CARE JETHRO, I KNOW YOU DON'T BELIEVE BUT THAT'S OK , YOUR A DEAR PERSON , I WILL KEEP PRAYING FOR YOU.
HI lt, been off line due to pc crash again, anyway happy to say goose is gone, got up one morning went outside looked everywhere and it was gone, must of flown away because there were no signs of a struggle so it's free to find a mate and live like he/she should, going in to hospital today to have endoscopy done and colonoscopy also, I've been feeling pretty good lately got out did yard work got some fishing time in, so can't complain. hope things are improving with you?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#553071 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "personal opinion" with regard to my Catholic faith and how I see the faith of other Chirstians is as "bogus" as your own atheistic ideology.....There are "no favorites of Jesus" despite the distorted "rhetoric" that you keep pushing on this forum. God Our Faher " along" will make that final judgement as to who is rewarded with eternal life in heaven and who is not!!!
The Catholic Church is the only faith that has the fullness of the faith and the fullness of the Truth allowing us to "fully grow" in the faith and Salvation of Jesus Christ.during our lifetimes.
Just because Protestants have "partially rejected" that FULLNESS of TRUTH and FAITH does not mean that they are any less favored by God HIMSELF in and through His Son Jesus.. It only means that the "abundance of Gods Grace" that He is offering to ALL believers is "diminished" by their own "defiance and rebellious" CHOICE!....
I disagree...

Location hidden

#553072 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
and God smiles upon those that humble themselves to HIM

Location hidden

#553073 Aug 5, 2014
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> HI lt, been off line due to pc crash again, anyway happy to say goose is gone, got up one morning went outside looked everywhere and it was gone, must of flown away because there were no signs of a struggle so it's free to find a mate and live like he/she should, going in to hospital today to have endoscopy done and colonoscopy also, I've been feeling pretty good lately got out did yard work got some fishing time in, so can't complain. hope things are improving with you?
hello Jethro, glad your goose flew away to join his own kind. Hope all goes well for you with your test today. You remain in my prayers....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553074 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "personal opinion" with regard to my Catholic faith and how I see the faith of other Chirstians is as "bogus" as your own atheistic ideology.....There are "no favorites of Jesus" despite the distorted "rhetoric" that you keep pushing on this forum
If Catholics have the only true church ... then the others ones are all false and therefor evil ... according to Jesus AND God ... RIGHT hojo???

That is what you have peddling as universal truth. Now you are telling a different story, you double-talking fibber. Did you forget the title of this thread ... "Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,840
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web