Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688851 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#553038 Aug 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I'm here.
I'm fighting to try to save you from complete religious insanity, which is what I believe occurred to old Fred Phelps.
He also was certain that a god called on him to preach homophobic nonsense and other jargon as being based on universal truth.
~~~

I'm fighting to try to save you from complete religious insanity, which is what I believe occurred to old Fred Phelps....

If God does not exist ( and that is what atheist supposed to believe) why is any religion of act of any person of any interest to you...

You are as one whistling through a grave yard...afraid that someone/something just might be there..

The noise you hear....... in your ear........ causing your fear is .... really just a composer.(
such as your self)

decomposing....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553040 Aug 4, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Justified fears? What does that mean? Jesus told us to watch, therefore, it can only be in our best interest to do so.
I said we are told to WATCH. I just don't see the,Pope denouncing belief in CHRIST from.his words, which would be necessary for a,one world ,non Jesus RELIGIIN, prophesied in Revelation..I do take issue IF HE did INDEED say a personal relationship with Christ is dangerous, though part of what was quoted on here about our learning our Faith from Church or parents is obviously true . We do not live in a,vacuum.nor come to FAITH in one. But I have great belief in the power of the Holy Spirit to draw,US to CHRIST , in any way HE chooses...and only GOD knows,our hearts, souls and spirits. And,our relationship with Him is,SURELY PERSONAL to exist at all.

While I am no longer Catholic , their Mass still glorifies Christ and professes FAITH in His,Crucifixion and Resurrection.
I doubt it's changed in the few,months since I attended a service .

There is a big difference between different Churches or mosques or synagogues housed in a,common area......... and a common service NOT focussed,on CHRIST .

We are NOT to persecute others to make them believe as we do . Those are,mistakes from the past ., and if GOD does not force our belief in Him, who are we humans to be so bold as to insist others,join our belief or Church ...or mosque,or synagogue ....so peace and respect between religions,is a good thing . Christians most especially should not have persecuted the Jewish people ..

The POPES meeting with Evangelicals as fellow,Christians,belie the whole topic of this,thread and the,link posted by the Evangelical minister regarding common beliefs,while acknowledging the need for the Reformation and separated status between the Catholic and Evangelical faiths was very good ..
I can't find it now but it was this great Evangelical meeting over breakfast with Pope Francis,...
I'd love to read the Popes comments,on it ..

THE MAIN THING is FAITH IN JESUS,AS OUR SAVIOUR . God will judge on the practices of each denomination ...and each soul in each Church , not us.

WE shall see what happens in the future !!!

My comment on CHRISLAM , is that it seems,more in tune with a belief system not glorifying Christ above all as,SAVIIUR . This muddying of beliefs does sound dangerous. And I agree on that .
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553042 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said we are told to WATCH.
If what you see makes you judge others as sinners, then maybe the following script will make you see less "light."

Sarcasm intended
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

King James Bible
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553043 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be assuming too much.

“May the CEO POWER RULE FOREVER”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#553044 Aug 4, 2014
This is just a question.Do not Catholics violate the 2nd Commandment?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553045 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The POPES meeting with Evangelicals as fellow,Christians,belie the whole topic of this,thread and the,link posted by the Evangelical minister regarding common beliefs,while acknowledging the need for the Reformation and separated status between the Catholic and Evangelical faiths was very good ..
It was completely PHONY, as the pope believes that Catholics the one and only universal truth, and the evangelicals believe they own the one and only universal truth.

If you think a Catholic believes that Jesus and God love you as an equal to them, I suggest you are living in a delusion.

You are also not a Protestant because you believe Catholics are equal to you in the supposed EYES of Jesus and God.

Who are you trying to fool besides your self???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553046 Aug 4, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
If humans were given free will ... the word "commandment" is at odds with the term "free will."

Religion is silly.

United States

#553047 Aug 4, 2014
Cheech the Conservative wrote:
-
-
Actually, they have violated many more than that down through the ages - always at the behest of their (venerated) leader!
http://biblehub.com/niv/exodus/20.htm

...3“You shall have no other gods before me.
MARIOLATRY. MOTHER OF GOD? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mar...

...4“You shall not make for yourself an IMAGE in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5You shall not BOW DOWN TO THEM or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
THEY FORGOT THE 'BOWING DOWN' PART. THEN THERE IS BEADS, RELICS, STATUES, AND SAINT VENERATION...BUT THAT IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

...7“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
YOU CAN BET THEY MISUSE HIS NAME.

...8“Remember the SABBATH DAY by keeping it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
THEY CHANGED 'SABBATH DAY' TO SUNDAY - TO ACCOMMODATE THE PAGANS.

...12“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
HHHHRM?

...13“You shall not murder.
THEY TORTURED AND MURDERED 'HERETICS' FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS.

...14“You shall not commit adultery.
THEY ALLOWED (AND COVERED UP) FOR THEIR PRIESTS TO GET AWAY WITH RAPING CHILDREN - SURELY THAT WOULD FALL UNDER THE DEFINITION OF 'ADULTERY'?

...15“You shall not steal.
'THEY MADE A PRACTICE OF TAKING THE PROPERTY OF 'HERETICS'.

...16“You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
MANY GAVE FALSE TESTIMONY IN ORDER TO EXPOSE THEIR NEIGHBORS''HERESY'.

...17“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
HOMES AND PRIVATE PROPERTY OF HERETICS WERE REGULARLY STOLEN.

United States

#553048 Aug 4, 2014
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553049 Aug 4, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Actually, they have violated many more than that down through the ages - always at the behest of their (venerated) leader!
http://biblehub.com/niv/exodus/20.htm
You "simply" don't want to acknowledge that Martin Luther used the Catholic bible to claim that Jesus and God supported his right to kill Catholics as heretics.

You want to pretend that Martin Luther was as HOLY as are you ... because you are a Protestant, as was he.

Good GRIEF!

He was a wretch of a man, who wanted the starving peasants put to death for rebelling against an unjust system.
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553050 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said we are told to WATCH. I just don't see the,Pope denouncing belief in CHRIST from.his words, which would be necessary for a,one world ,non Jesus RELIGIIN, prophesied in Revelation..I do take issue IF HE did INDEED say a personal relationship with Christ is dangerous, though part of what was quoted on here about our learning our Faith from Church or parents is obviously true . We do not live in a,vacuum.nor come to FAITH in one. But I have great belief in the power of the Holy Spirit to draw,US to CHRIST , in any way HE chooses...and only GOD knows,our hearts, souls and spirits. And,our relationship with Him is,SURELY PERSONAL to exist at all.
While I am no longer Catholic , their Mass still glorifies Christ and professes FAITH in His,Crucifixion and Resurrection.
I doubt it's changed in the few,months since I attended a service .
There is a big difference between different Churches or mosques or synagogues housed in a,common area......... and a common service NOT focussed,on CHRIST .
We are NOT to persecute others to make them believe as we do . Those are,mistakes from the past ., and if GOD does not force our belief in Him, who are we humans to be so bold as to insist others,join our belief or Church ...or mosque,or synagogue ....so peace and respect between religions,is a good thing . Christians most especially should not have persecuted the Jewish people ..
I can't find it now but it was this great Evangelical meeting over breakfast with Pope Francis,...
I'd love to read the Popes comments,on it ..
THE MAIN THING is FAITH IN JESUS,AS OUR SAVIOUR . God will judge on the practices of each denomination ...and each soul in each Church , not us.
My comment on CHRISLAM , is that it seems,more in tune with a belief system not glorifying Christ above all as,SAVIIUR . This muddying of beliefs does sound dangerous. And I agree on that .
“My comment on CHRISLAM , is that it seems,more in tune with a belief system not glorifying Christ above all as,SAVIIUR . This muddying of beliefs does sound dangerous. And I agree on that”.

I agree with this part 100%. It’s not dangerous for those who have a strong foundation in Christ but, for those who don’t, I love to study “end time” prophecy. I don’t know everything, that’s for certain but that’s where I’m coming from. There is no fear in trying to understand the end times. It’s intriguing, motivating and, for lack of a better word, awesome. IMO, the development and evolution of Chrislam will tell the story. The concept of Chrislam is not new but, it is becoming more known.

I do not think the Pope is pushing Chrislam because he, at some point will deny Christ. The Pope is trying to find common ground with the three major religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Compromises will have to be made.

I’m not trying to judge Muslims, Catholics or anyone else. I know that’s not my job nor within my ability. God will judge the hearts of all mankind, including me. I’m just intrigued by the way the world is going as compared to scripture. IMO, Israel’s return to their land promised to their fathers, is no coincidence. If it is not a coincidence, its prophecy fulfilled. I don’t believe satan can change anything our sovereign God said will come to pass.

United States

#553051 Aug 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You "simply" don't want to acknowledge that Martin Luther used the Catholic bible to claim that Jesus and God supported his right to kill Catholics as heretics.
You want to pretend that Martin Luther was as HOLY as are you ... because you are a Protestant, as was he.
Good GRIEF!
He was a wretch of a man, who wanted the starving peasants put to death for rebelling against an unjust system.
-
-
YOU "simply" don't want to acknowledge that ... you can't read my mind, so you pretend to.
You are not even close to knowing what I believe.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#553052 Aug 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I'm here.
I'm fighting to try to save you from complete religious insanity, which is what I believe occurred to old Fred Phelps.
He also was certain that a god called on him to preach homophobic nonsense and other jargon as being based on universal truth.
We have discussed this before!....YOU have accepted "your ifs"--- and each one of us, as Christians of various religious beliefs have EACH accepted "our ifs"!.... So like Inhave told you before, there is "nothing more" to talk about here... No matter what you say, "none of us" will change "our Christian ifs" to agree with atheistic "ifs"----so Sayonara , June----farewell, goodby and ---------good luck!!...You'll "need it" on your death bed!!.....
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553053 Aug 5, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
YOU "simply" don't want to acknowledge that ... you can't read my mind, so you pretend to.
You are not even close to knowing what I believe.
I know that you don't want to focus on Martin Luther's aggression that he preached was Jesus' and God's LOVE.

He was a MONSTER to those who disagreed with his theologies. He wanted them put to death simply for disagreeing with how he interpreted the bible.

Does that have a ring of any semblance of LOVE to YOU???

He was not one bit different in his mindset than the pope that he referred to as the anti-Christ.

I suggest that if those men were rewarded for their behaviors and are now saints in heaven ... the god that supposedly exists is as insane as were those men.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553054 Aug 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We have discussed this before!....YOU have accepted "your ifs"--- and each one of us, as Christians of various religious beliefs have EACH accepted "our ifs"!.... So like Inhave told you before, there is "nothing more" to talk about here........
So then why are you still "talking?"

The fact IS, you have NOT accepted the "ifs" of other Christians, because when they want to confront you with the "if" that they are favorites of Jesus and God, you make it plain that in your mind there is NO "if" about it ... Catholics are the one and only favorites on planet earth AND in the sky.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553055 Aug 5, 2014
Why anyone would WANT to be a favorite of such a monster-god that would reject others to eternal hell is not a mystery to me.

It's because you welcomed the nonsensical belief into your brain-cells that the only other option was and is eternal hell.

And as Robert once stated in his more lucid mentality ... it is that fear of hell and fear of not making it to heaven that holds you to religion.

If you had faith that the all-powerful GOD had nothing but love in his character ... you would never NEED to stay in any religion whatsoever, because you would feel nothing BUT warmth and love when "his" image entered your thoughts.

You know and I know that you are certain that GOD has the power AND the vicious character to be VERY cruel.

BWAAAAGGGHHHH!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553056 Aug 5, 2014
Even a human parent that cared one iota for his children would never let an evil man hurt those children if he had it in his power to protect the children from harm.

And you want me to believe that a god that loved his children would not only allow a horrible devil to burn them in hell ... but that the god would be the one to first create the spirit OF that devil that he KNEW ahead of "time" was going to commit the atrocious deed!

And added to that insult to my mentality ... you want me to believe that the god will reject those TO hell that have faith in other religious doctrines and favor you because of YOUR personalized religious doctrines in which YOU place your entire faith.

Idiocy abounds.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553057 Aug 5, 2014
I just knew those Protestant preachers of my childhood were not preaching truth.

My little Catholic friends also knew that their priests were not preaching any semblance of truth.

We knew that a savior would not PLAY favorites and take sides in any specific religion.

As children we spotted THAT lie.

When you didn't know better, you couldn't do better. As children you didn't ask the pertinent questions because you were taught that God would smite you for doubting HIM.

But you are no longer children. And when you can SEE how the theologians played against each other ... and FEAR of a God that will smite you sill holds you in bondage ... you have a major problem.

If you don't go beyond the fear ... your children will grow up as Protestants and Catholics ... taking sides in the fights of which ones will be allowed in heaven and which ones will be rejected by GOD and Jesus to eternal hell.

The onus is on YOU!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553058 Aug 5, 2014
We have the choice to change the pattern.

We no longer have the right to teach children to kill each other over religious dogmas.

Christians in Africa are once again taking up arms against the Muslims who are tired of the Christian missionaries informing them that Islam is evil and that Muslims will go to Christian hell if they don't convert to Christianity.

And the Muslims are just as adamant that they are the only ones that the god will love.

The Christians claim that Jesus is on their side of the HOLY war, and the Muslims claim that the invisible Mahdi is on their side of the HOLY war.

INSANITY RULES!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553059 Aug 5, 2014
Men never had the right a-way to teach children that killing was ordained by gods.

Those men simply took it upon their selves to ordain their selves as credible religious preachers of universal truth.

Do NOT put your faith in words written by men that in turn cloak their selves in the guises of gods.

Their agendas are NOT HOLY ... by any MEANS.

They want you to be NEEDY of their words that they sell to you in VAIN.

They were not inspired by anything divine. They were filled with LUST to hold power over your mentalities ... period!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web