Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699295 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553021 Aug 4, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think you know the mind of "God"? When it is very clear you don't.
- "but God created time ITSELF for us..." - unproven
- "he is outside or inside of time if He chooses" - unproven
- "But they are NOT OF GOD" - if your "God" created everything - then "God" also created those beings.
First suggestion for you to abide by - don't think you know the mind of "God".
You don't. And an honest person would admit this. Your posts shows you think you do know these things.
How 'bout being a bit more honest and admit that you don't.
Partly correct .
While I don't know how or why God does what He does...you are correct..by Faith we know

He is the Creator , He being the Creator of everything has no need of time...he created all dimensions . The earth rotates passing time , he created all of it .

So yes He did create time..and existed BEFORE TIME .. my assumption is that He being all powerful can move about it , HIS CREATION, as He wishes ...
Chess

Dublin, OH

#553022 Aug 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me..
I'm always happy to help the feeble minded, thief.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#553023 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Partly correct .
While I don't know how or why God does what He does...you are correct..by Faith we know
By faith you KNOW that a god loves you???

What faith is invested in the idea that a god doesn't love you, as is the stance of the Catholics on this forum that are certain you must BE Catholic in order for the "god" to love you???

Does only YOUR FAITH "matter?"

You must believe that YOU and YOUR FAITH are the center of a god's universe.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553024 Aug 4, 2014
As a child I could have had complete faith in the idea that Catholics would end up in eternal hell. However ... I refused that OFFER.

To have faith in something that we were taught, amounts to nothing more than that we have faith in what we were taught.

So WHAT???
>>>>>>> >>>>

faith

complete trust or confidence in someone or something

http://www.topix.com/forum/who/pope-benedict-...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553025 Aug 4, 2014
I have no duty to fulfill my trust or faith in words written by theologians.

My duty to me was to ask questions of WHY theologians WANTED me to have trust and faith in their words.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

faith

"duty of fulfilling one's trust,"

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php...
USA Born

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#553026 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It all depends, IMO, on if his,purpose is that we worship in peace with others, OR comingle our separate faiths,, this is what we must watch for. I'm not convinced this,last is his purpose.
But should it become what we watch for , that would mean he DENY Jesus as Lord, which I don't see in his,words.
..WATCH ..is what we are to do .
Being peaceful, respectful , NOT killing is,a good thing .
I do question the RCC if it sides with the Palestinians,over Israel.again we must see .
Having services in Arabic language is,not a bad thing if it helps those of Arabic origin to love Jesus as Saviour.
Scripture points to a one world quasi religion eventually, but THEY DO NOT WORSHIP JESUS , but a false messiah
Again we shall surely recognize this If we are Christian.
Wanting peace among people is not wrong.
Respecting beliefs not wrong.
Making up for past wrongs is not wrong.
And focussing on the fact the Catholics and other Christians,believe and profess in the same Lord Jesus,Christ is not wrong ......could very well be a good thing ...LOOK at us here . There,are things,WE DO have in common . Belief in CHRIST Crucified, the Resurrection to name two ...yet we argue constantly ...(.in some cases like your current argument you will never win ..over exact phrasing of the same idea ...kind of like spinning wheels in one location , fruitless )
Again, we SHALL SEE ...on your bigger point .
As for Chrislam , that sounds more in keeping with your justified fears....
Blessings
Justified fears? What does that mean? Jesus told us to watch, therefore, it can only be in our best interest to do so.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#553027 Aug 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always happy to help the feeble minded, thief.
Am not feeble minded....why are you not showing me proof of your false accusation..lying snake
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553028 Aug 4, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Justified fears? What does that mean? Jesus told us to watch, therefore, it can only be in our best interest to do so.
If a Hindu theologian raised you and taught you that Krishna wanted you to "watch" ... what would you be watching?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#553029 Aug 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Am not feeble minded....why are you not showing me proof of your false accusation..lying snake
Well, yes, yes you are, dimwit.

And why am I taking my time?

To let you make an a@@ of yourself before I show you what you already know to be true.

Do I hafta learn ya everything, dummy?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553030 Aug 4, 2014
The Gita is probably the easiest text for beginners to start learning Hinduism from. It is a section of the longest story ever told in the world: The Mahabharata and it contains the conversation between Lord Krishna and the warrior Arjuna

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/whitehindu/2013/...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553031 Aug 4, 2014
NOW ... do Christians believe that the Lord Krishna actually existed to have a literal conversation with the warrior Arjuna ... or do Christians believe that the story was a mythical fable made up by men of the Hindu faith???

I suggest you believe the story is fiction ... and that is how I feel about your story concerning Jesus encouraging Jews to leave Judaism in order to put faith ONLY in either Catholicism or Protestantism or some freaky form of Gnostic Christianity.

I believe that men of the Christian FAITH wanted YOU to have faith in their fables.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#553032 Aug 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot that the Muslims have hot and cold hells ... waiting especially to penalize Christians.
Even the Buddhists have hells ... some hot and some cold.
Your hell is not special ... although as of late some of the modern Christian preachers are playing it down from a fiery inferno to a plain and simple separation ... to now being deprived of the rewarding attitude of "God."
Some even claim that being in hell is a state of mind. I suggest that makes sense, because the theology of hells could not exist if theologians had not first implanted the FEAR of hells IN human minds.
~~`~~
You forgot that the Muslims have hot and cold hells ... waiting especially to penalize Christians.
Even the Buddhists have hells ... some hot and some cold.

Question why do you believe what the Muslims Buddhist believe and cite their religion to me

yet claim to be an atheist.

You vendetta is as phoney as a three dollar bill.

If you were a real atheist ...you would not be fighting against that which you claim does not exist...

by your warfare against God you are not only admitting he exist....you are admitting that he is a -->formidable <--enemy to you

-->Formidableness<--
FORM'IDABLENESS, n. The quality of being formidable, or adapted to excite dread.

Location hidden

#553033 Aug 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yes, yes you are, dimwit.
And why am I taking my time?
To let you make an a@@ of yourself before I show you what you already know to be true.
Do I hafta learn ya everything, dummy?
Proof that you are a lying snake:

plagiarize
1. To use and pass off (the ideas or writings of another) as one's own.
2. To appropriate for use as one's own passages or ideas from (another).
To put forth as original to oneself the ideas or words of another.

I have posted over 16,000 times...Assuming that 50% of the time, as you so accuse me, I used and passed off the ideas or writings of another as my own. That I did appropriate for use as my own passages or ideas from another. That I did put forth as original to myself the ideas or words of another, produce the 8,000 names of these "anothers" I have so wronged.....

Stealing is a sin and a criminal offense...I are guilty of neither..

Why are you not producing the 8000 names!!! Because there are none...

Location hidden

#553034 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Partly correct .
He is the Creator , He being the Creator of everything has no need of time...he created all dimensions . The earth rotates passing time , he created all of it .
So yes He did create time..and existed BEFORE TIME .. my assumption is that He being all powerful can move about it , HIS CREATION, as He wishes ...
What is causing you to not answering my questions?? Do you need clarification???

Per Scripture: Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

So...you don't believe the Holy Trinity, as expressed in Scripture: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost?????

You don't believe the Catholic Encyclopedia that says: Jesus Christ - The incarnate Son of God and the redeemer of the human race...

I do and and have done so for over 75 years.....and I are a SBC church member!!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553035 Aug 4, 2014
I suggest that all theologians were .... and new ones still are, reveling in their own self-indulgent delusions.

If mythical knowledge is secret ... then it is not known.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Gnosticism

TRUTH

God' Word is false. Truth is based on mythical, secret knowledge (gnosis).

“The Bible is a product of man... not of God.... Man created it as a historical record of tumultuous times, and it has evolved through countless translations, additions, and revisions.... The Bible, as we know it today, was collected by the pagan Roman emperor Constantine the Great.”

http://www.crossroad.to/charts/gnosticism.htm...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553036 Aug 4, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<Question why do you believe what the Muslims Buddhist believe and cite their religion to me
I don't "believe" what they believe. I try to point out to you that their hells have the same chance of being real as you believe your own hell is real, and that you are all deluded by the nonsense theologians planted your brains as being based on universal truth.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553037 Aug 4, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were a real atheist ...you would not be fighting against that which you claim does not exist...
That's why I'm here.

I'm fighting to try to save you from complete religious insanity, which is what I believe occurred to old Fred Phelps.

He also was certain that a god called on him to preach homophobic nonsense and other jargon as being based on universal truth.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#553038 Aug 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I'm here.
I'm fighting to try to save you from complete religious insanity, which is what I believe occurred to old Fred Phelps.
He also was certain that a god called on him to preach homophobic nonsense and other jargon as being based on universal truth.
~~~

I'm fighting to try to save you from complete religious insanity, which is what I believe occurred to old Fred Phelps....

If God does not exist ( and that is what atheist supposed to believe) why is any religion of act of any person of any interest to you...

You are as one whistling through a grave yard...afraid that someone/something just might be there..

The noise you hear....... in your ear........ causing your fear is .... really just a composer.(
such as your self)

decomposing....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#553040 Aug 4, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I said we are told to WATCH. I just don't see the,Pope denouncing belief in CHRIST from.his words, which would be necessary for a,one world ,non Jesus RELIGIIN, prophesied in Revelation..I do take issue IF HE did INDEED say a personal relationship with Christ is dangerous, though part of what was quoted on here about our learning our Faith from Church or parents is obviously true . We do not live in a,vacuum.nor come to FAITH in one. But I have great belief in the power of the Holy Spirit to draw,US to CHRIST , in any way HE chooses...and only GOD knows,our hearts, souls and spirits. And,our relationship with Him is,SURELY PERSONAL to exist at all.

While I am no longer Catholic , their Mass still glorifies Christ and professes FAITH in His,Crucifixion and Resurrection.
I doubt it's changed in the few,months since I attended a service .

There is a big difference between different Churches or mosques or synagogues housed in a,common area......... and a common service NOT focussed,on CHRIST .

We are NOT to persecute others to make them believe as we do . Those are,mistakes from the past ., and if GOD does not force our belief in Him, who are we humans to be so bold as to insist others,join our belief or Church ...or mosque,or synagogue ....so peace and respect between religions,is a good thing . Christians most especially should not have persecuted the Jewish people ..

The POPES meeting with Evangelicals as fellow,Christians,belie the whole topic of this,thread and the,link posted by the Evangelical minister regarding common beliefs,while acknowledging the need for the Reformation and separated status between the Catholic and Evangelical faiths was very good ..
I can't find it now but it was this great Evangelical meeting over breakfast with Pope Francis,...
I'd love to read the Popes comments,on it ..

THE MAIN THING is FAITH IN JESUS,AS OUR SAVIOUR . God will judge on the practices of each denomination ...and each soul in each Church , not us.

WE shall see what happens in the future !!!

My comment on CHRISLAM , is that it seems,more in tune with a belief system not glorifying Christ above all as,SAVIIUR . This muddying of beliefs does sound dangerous. And I agree on that .
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#553042 Aug 4, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said we are told to WATCH.
If what you see makes you judge others as sinners, then maybe the following script will make you see less "light."

Sarcasm intended
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

King James Bible
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43