Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,634
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552521 Jul 31, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Citation please.
Gnostics were not Catholic..
catholicgnostics.com

http://catholicgnostics.com/
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#552522 Jul 31, 2014
Free Agent of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>Profound explanation. The Lord has given you keen insight :)
Thanks ..as I said, I post my belief, but I do pray for guidance .

I pray I say nothing contrary to the Word. And I don't believe our differences should so divide us but it does. I believe HE looks at each person's heart, not their denomination . God sees us through the blood of the Son .prayerfully it covers us who profess Faith in Him.

Some is,only my opinion on others,posting and sorry to say sometimes
I post from temper..I do try not to personally insult any person by name calling .

I try to remember Jesus can read topix :)

Prince George, Canada

#552523 Jul 31, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any record of a WOMAN ever being baptized?
YUP! I knew a woman who was baptized at the age of 75, by a group of Protestants.

They soaked her in over her head in the freezing water of a creek that came right from the mountains.

She was proud to say that she never even caught a cold after the episode.

Hahahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

#552524 Jul 31, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
TO PUT WATER BAPTISM IN AN EXAMPLE WHERE A LAYMAN CAN UNDERSTAND
A "layman???"

If I said that I was called by a god to preach, as did you, would I be ordained by my self???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#552525 Jul 31, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<How difficult is that to read?
Try reading the Talmud in the language of the Jews ... and then get back to me.

Prince George, Canada

#552526 Jul 31, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>we are blessed to have RoZ on this Forum with us.
We most certainly ARE. Without her we would not know how to be loved by Jesus OR by the god that by the way used to love the Jews, but now apparently loves only Protestants.

Prince George, Canada

#552527 Jul 31, 2014
WATER BAPTISM IS A PART OF THE PROCESS OF CEREMONIAL CLEANSING THAT SHOULD NEVER BE IGNORED...
I suggest that you AND your KJV should be ignored.

That'll teach you to tell me that I'm going to hell.

Prince George, Canada

#552528 Jul 31, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Baptism has never been dissolved by those who have been Born Again,
HUH???

Prince George, Canada

#552529 Jul 31, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not speak for the Lord.
OH YES HE DOES!!!

Any person that owns a bible is allowed to speak for the LORD.

Of course in Judaism ... the word LORD means Jehovah-God.

But ... who cares???

Prince George, Canada

#552530 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>A bit amusing, June. You are quite odd. You remind of Susan Blange on the Christian Forums. A lot of mixing fact with fiction in your interpretation church history and doctrine.
I suggest there is no fact in religion, as it's all fiction.

Why is it that you believe Islam is fiction but your version of religion is fact???

If you answer that question, you will see that you are not fair in your attitude. You are self-serving ... period!

Prince George, Canada

#552531 Jul 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe God??? He called Jesus Christ "my beloved Son"...
Catholics wrote that Jesus said "blah, blah, blah."

Hindus wrote that Krishna said "blah, blah, blah.

Muslims wrote that Muhammad said "blah, blah, blah."

Theologians were PAID MONEY to write ... and so they wrote and wrote and wrote.
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#552532 Jul 31, 2014
<quoted text>
You always have to be the accuser ....
Do you actually believe that you are the only one that will be in heaven....
AS FAR AS YOU ARE CONCERN ...EVERY ONE IS OUT OF STEP BUT YOU...EVRY.THING ANY ONE SAYS HAS T BE SUBJECT TO YOUR APPROVAL
YOUR DAY IS COMING
Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ:
for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
There is no accusation in my post...
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#552533 Jul 31, 2014
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
I must have been mistaken years ago and stayed that way...I always understood that Aaron made the molten calf???!!!(And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.) Thanks for the enlightenment...
You have my attention. What version of the Bible are you using that has the term "golden calf" and God saying "they have reduced Me to be like a beast.
----------
Exo 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.
Exo 32:3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.
Exo 32:4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
Exo 32:5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.
Exo 32:8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
Exo 32:23 For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
Exo 32:24 And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.
Exo 32:31 And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
When Jereboam led the Israelites to the northern kingdom, he made two golden calves, and declared them their God.
I have not located the 'beast' declaration, but I know it is there. Will post it when I find it. Until then, you can see that these calves were made of gold, and declared to be God...thus making a beast which they declared to be God.
KayMarie
You can also see, from the Scripture you quoted, the term "golden calf" is not there...nor God saying "they have reduced Me to be like a beast."
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#552534 Jul 31, 2014
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
I must have been mistaken years ago and stayed that way...I always understood that Aaron made the molten calf???!!!(And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.) Thanks for the enlightenment...
You have my attention. What version of the Bible are you using that has the term "golden calf" and God saying "they have reduced Me to be like a beast."
----------
P.S. Aaron used the gold earrings and melted them to make the golden calf. Then he marked it with a graving tool.
KM
Psst...I know that...but the term "golden calf" is not in Scripture...it is referred to as a "molten calf"...

What else do you need tutoring on???? Glad o help....
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#552535 Jul 31, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction :Matthew 16:13-21----You've seen those numbers more times and the TRUTH of those verses and (REJECTED that TRUTH) more times than ALL of your bible only 42,000+ denominations combined!......
Mt 16:13-17 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Not one word about a church!!!!!!
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#552536 Jul 31, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take your word for that, thief.
Give me the 8000 names of these people you falsely accuse me of stealing from...lying snake..
Rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#552537 Jul 31, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no accusation in my post...
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
I never said He wasn't ...that's what the accusation referred go was .

Jesus Christ , Son of God ...I actually think every Christian on here has said that but then you argue about it...

I honestly cannot follow,your reasoning Ox, sorry ..main reason I don't post to you.

I'm sure you have something you're thinking , but you misquote and misinterpret everyone's,posts .

Peace and God bless
Oxbow

Westlake, LA

#552538 Jul 31, 2014
Rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said He wasn't ...that's what the accusation referred go was .
Jesus Christ , Son of God ...I actually think every Christian on here has said that but then you argue about it...
I honestly cannot follow,your reasoning Ox, sorry ..main reason I don't post to you.
I'm sure you have something you're thinking , but you misquote and misinterpret everyone's,posts .
Peace and God bless
You did not say that Jesus was God and not the Son of God????
Chess

Columbus, OH

#552539 Aug 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the 8000 names of these people you falsely accuse me of stealing from...lying snake..
Brain damage.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#552540 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>Yes, when Christ sets us free, we are free indeed. That is one reason baptism is not necessary for salvation.
Baptism IS necessary for salvation......

Baptism IS a COMMAND of Jesus.....

How could baptism not be necessary if it is a COMMAND of Jesus???

How else would your sins be forgiven???

What is the purpose of baptism????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... 6 min hmm 3
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 35 min Mr Sir 8,699
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns 9 hr Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift 11 hr Doc Proper 12
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat kent 83,899
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
More from around the web