Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596547 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#552443 Jul 31, 2014
who="June VanDerMark"]<quoted text>
So WHY are you here preaching at Catholics that they are on a path to destruction ... if you believe Jesus and God love them just as they are.
You are a Protestant double-talking FRAUD!!!

----------
Who do YOU love? I'm not preaching that anyone is on a path to destruction whose faith is in Jesus' sacrifice for them. There ARE some doctrines in the CC (as well as other groups) that lead one to believe that Jesus AND something or someone else saves them.

Trusting in those other things gives glory to them that should be given to God.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552444 Jul 31, 2014
People in religion that try to feign humility and yet claim to know the answers to supposed "universal truth" make complete fools of their selves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Reviving Gnosticism is not my mission. Please notice I use a small "g" rather than a capital "G," in my reference to "gnostic Christians," as my purpose is not to preach Gnosticism, but to build a base of Christians, who think and believe in a gnostic way of faith.

http://gnosticschristians.com/page2.html

#552445 Jul 31, 2014
who="June VanDerMark"]Non-human animals more often than not raise their babies until they can fend for their selves. They guide them and teach them all they know about survival, and will often die trying to defend their babies.
Humans often dump their children onto the welfare system because they simply don't know how to handle them.
There is much to admire about non-human animals.

----------
Some non-human animals must be separated from their young, or they will EAT them!
The Ostrich lays her eggs in the sand, caring not that something/someone will step on them.
Humans, raised in a loving environment, will not dump their children ANYWHERE.

KM

Prince George, Canada

#552446 Jul 31, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Its not a matter of imagining, it is simply a path that I took in my spiritual journey. I hold neither the RCs or Protestants more aligned with salvation.
You imagined that if you left the Protestant religion for the Catholic religion you would have the ONLY chance of being saved.

If you believed that Protestants will be saved, you would not have left to run off to join up with the Catholics.

Your lies are transparent!
Liam

Chicago, IL

#552447 Jul 31, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down June gloom!
I'll bet u baptize ur cats! Even tho they don't like water. lol
When a Pope becomes Pope they don't get baptized , get ur facts straight !
If u like I can explain it to you, silly old women.
Happy you r using upper keys for Jesus and God, giving them some importance, notice I never use upper keys for 'cats'.:D
#nut #clueless #silly #angry #grumpy #old #fool #meow
#Rolling on the floor laughing out loud!!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#552448 Jul 31, 2014
samyaza ancient one wrote:
why does the catholic church baptize babies who don't know what sin is. babies have no idea what is right or wrong. baptism is for those who want their sins to be washed away. babies who have no conception on what sin is are baptized. why ?
samyaza ancient one

Peace

One might ask the question, "Why does anyone get baptized?", or more specifically, "Why did Jesus get baptized by John the Baptist, since he had no sin?

The simple answer is that knowledge of sin is not the central issue when it comes to baptism.

Jesus began his ministry with the baptism of John, similarly, when we are born, it is recognized that some lead spiritual lives and a spiritual journey with Jesus Christ.

For a person to have to wait until they "know" right from wrong might eliminate many unnecessarily from a spiritual life now, and eternal life....

Peace

#552449 Jul 31, 2014
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
You have not shown me Scripture that says Christianity is based on love and not on the teachings of Christ...because there is none...you, again, have egg on face....
I never argued that Christ did not teach a message of love as part of His ministry......

God IS love. Jesus doesn't just TEACH it...HE IS LOVE.

1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1Jn 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

KM

Prince George, Canada

#552450 Jul 31, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Who do YOU love?
I don't know what to make of the meaning of that word LOVE, as I suggest that it's been beaten to a death of its own by humans that were and are nuttier than fruitcakes.

"If you don't agree with my religious theology I WILL kill you ... in the name of LOVE."

Prince George, Canada

#552451 Jul 31, 2014
Some non-human animals must be separated from their young, or they will EAT them!
The Ostrich lays her eggs in the sand, caring not that something/someone will step on them.
Humans, raised in a loving environment, will not dump their children ANYWHERE.
KM
Of course some animals kill their young. According to you God designed it that way.

Some humans raised in loving "Christian" environments kill their children and/or their parents.

I suggest you stop "putting on the dog!"

Prince George, Canada

#552452 Jul 31, 2014
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
God IS love. Jesus doesn't just TEACH it...HE IS LOVE.
But if we are not Protestant ... Jesus' love dries up and turns cold ... RIGHT???

According to you, does Jesus love Catholics at the same time as he rejects them to hell???

Nonsensical drivel.

#552453 Jul 31, 2014
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
...If baptism is a prerequisite for salvation than you believe all non Christians are doomed to hell.
... Imagine if by chance you were born Muslim instead of by chance christian? Whew! How
Lucky can you get!!
...that's not the work of an all loving god. Men wrote that to scare everyone into Christianity.
...you know it and I know it.

----------
You know what some man has told you. The Bible says that God is not willing that any should be perish. He paid a great price to make life available to all who will come to Him.

Even in this present time He is visiting Muslims (and others) in dreams and visions, and inviting them to Himself. The son of the Hamas leader has found Jesus, and is telling the world about Him. I correspond with a former Muslim who preaches and teaches the gospel in another nation.

Mary and the two disciples on the road to Emmaus did not recognize Jesus at first, because THEY WERE LOOKING FOR A DEAD MAN ! Jesus is alive.

KM

Location hidden

#552454 Jul 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You imagined that if you left the Protestant religion for the Catholic religion you would have the ONLY chance of being saved.
If you believed that Protestants will be saved, you would not have left to run off to join up with the Catholics.
Your lies are transparent!
June

Neither is true. Protestantism or RCism does not save. They each offer a different path, but its the person accepting Jesus Christ as Savior that gets saved.

I would agree that most people stay within their own religious back round, and use that as a cultural basis on which they live.

But those willing to change, and see through the eyes of another, and just be kind to each other goes a long way towards and blessed and happy life.

And whether you appreciate it or not, I wish for you peace.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#552455 Jul 31, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Some protestant churches all baptize infants, it was the Ana-baptist that changed the practice in the 1600.
"The Catholic Church baptizes infants because Christ wills it. He must will it because He said, "Suffer the little children, and forbid them not to come to me." (Matt. 19:14). According to the Apostle Paul, one cannot truly come to Christ except through Baptism.(Rom. 6:3-4). Christ
must will it because the Apostles baptized "all the people" (Luke 3:21) and whole households
(Act 16:15, 1 Cor. 1:16). Certainly "all the people" and whole "households" included infants.
Christ must will it because He stated categorically that Baptism is a necessary prerequisite for salvation (John 3:5), and He certainly desires the salvation of infants. He must will it because
the primitive Christian Church, which had fresh firsthand knowledge of His Will, baptized infants. In the ancient catacombs of Rome the inscriptions on the tombs of infants make mention of their having been baptized."
“Christ wills it “? Why are you so willing to blaspheme Christ when your pagan baptism is regulated by the RCC? To say “Christ must will it because He stated categorically that Baptism is a necessary prerequisite for salvation” is ignorant of scripture. Your traditions and rituals have no bearing on salvation. You’ve taken a simple custom and somehow made it “the will of Christ”. You have no idea what Baptism of the Holy Spirit means do you. It fits in with Christ's Words

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire

Acts 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Baptism by water was a CUSTOM/TRADITION in Israel way before John the Baptist. It cleansed the body. How can anyone believe baptism of the flesh is necessary for salvation? Lies and hypocrisy of someone pretending to know the Words of Christ. No discernment between the teachings of men and the Words of God and Christ.

BAPTISM:
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/24...

A religious ablution signifying purification or consecration. The natural method of cleansing the body by washing and bathing in water was always customary in Israel

The new significance that Christianity read into the word "Baptism," and the new purpose with which it executed the act of Baptism, as well as the conception of its magical effect, are all in the line of the natural development of Christianity.

John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Free Agent of Jesus

Chicago, IL

#552456 Jul 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
"From" Christianity "TO" Catholicism.
Hahahahahahaha
I will add another word to the chains that bind Catholic and Protestant devotees to their cults.
Christian
Holy
Salvation
Spiritual
Heaven
And which cult is yours?
Free Agent of Jesus

Chicago, IL

#552457 Jul 31, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
samyaza ancient one
Peace
One might ask the question, "Why does anyone get baptized?", or more specifically, "Why did Jesus get baptized by John the Baptist, since he had no sin?
The simple answer is that knowledge of sin is not the central issue when it comes to baptism.
Jesus began his ministry with the baptism of John, similarly, when we are born, it is recognized that some lead spiritual lives and a spiritual journey with Jesus Christ.
For a person to have to wait until they "know" right from wrong might eliminate many unnecessarily from a spiritual life now, and eternal life....
Peace
The old salvation by proxy theory? Infant baptism was practiced by pagan societies centuries before Catholicism "borrowed" it from them. Prior to that, all Christians repented and believed first, then were baptized.
Free Agent of Jesus

Chicago, IL

#552458 Jul 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But if we are not Protestant ... Jesus' love dries up and turns cold ... RIGHT???
According to you, does Jesus love Catholics at the same time as he rejects them to hell???
Nonsensical drivel.
Both Protestants and Catholics are on the path to Hell. There are few churches left in the world that are on track and preach "Thus saith the Lord."

#552459 Jul 31, 2014
who="Free Agent of Jesus"]<quoted text>Both Protestants and Catholics are on the path to Hell. There are few churches left in the world that are on track and preach "Thus saith the Lord."

----------
Where does that leave you...all by yourself ???:(

KM
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#552460 Jul 31, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>

Protestant and Catholic bumper-stickers out to read ... "Believe the way 'I' believe or you will end up being rejected by Jesus and God to eternal hell."
...I want one of those bumper stickers.

United States

#552461 Jul 31, 2014
LTM wrote:
THEY HAD TO CREATE AN ALIAS, TO HID THEIR EVIL DEEDS BEHID.
CATHOLISM IS NOT A CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION, TO CALL IT SO IS BLASPHEME.
IT IS THE CHURCH OF satan ,
WHEN A RELIGION TRIES TO TURN PEOPLE AGAINST THE BIBLE, "GOD'S" HOLY SCRIPTURE'S AND DISCOURAGIOUS PEOPLE FROM READING IT.
SPEAKS VOLUMES TO ITS EVIL SCHEMES TO TURN PEOPLE AWAY FROM GOD.
SO THEY CAN FILL PEOPLE'S HEAD WITH A FALSE GOSPEL.
THIS IS WHAT satan's PLAN HAS AWAYS BEEN AND HE STARTED IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN.
-
-
Liam wrote:
You are too stupid to be taken seriously. You, guest, Marge....completely stupid. And you want us to leave the Catholic Church and become like you?
There could never be peace as long as ignorant morons are making statements like yours.
-
-
too stupid ...?? ignorant morons ..??
-
There could never be peace ...??
-
It was NOT *True Christians* who began the war on 'heretics'
-
It was NOT *True Christians* who perpetuated VIA PAPAL BULL torture and murder
-
If YOU believe we are "stupid, ignorant morons" for railing against that sort of *war mongering EXAGGERATED SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT* in the Christian faith -- what does that make YOU?... quite warped thought process indeed.
-
The Catholic church is not Christian. Never has been.

Location hidden

#552462 Jul 31, 2014
Free Agent of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>The old salvation by proxy theory? Infant baptism was practiced by pagan societies centuries before Catholicism "borrowed" it from them. Prior to that, all Christians repented and believed first, then were baptized.
Free Agent of Jesus

Peace

I don't think God particularly cares about the order of repentance, belief and baptism. I suspect that what you write is true, that water ablution rituals existed before the RCs. But does that matter? Even Jesus was baptized..., a Jew.

It is easy to say that one repents, quite another to do it. And even the demons believe Jesus Christ is the Savior. As for baptism, let me see how free an agent you are of Jesus, by answering me a question.

Do you think that a person can baptize him or her self? Why or why not. Explain a little if you can.

Remember when Christ sets you free, you are indeed free....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 min Mr Atl 9,537
News Cuba's Havana Archbishop, Cardinal Jaime Ortega... 32 min CidMataMoros 7
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... Sat Mark 1
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
More from around the web