Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701462 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#552549 Aug 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not say that Jesus was God and not the Son of God????
So?
If I speak to the CEO of a corporation or speak to the CFO of that same corporation, am I not speaking directly to the same corporation in both cases?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#552550 Aug 1, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not speak for the Lord. You are no authority on Sacred Scripture. You are just some dude who decided to interpret the Bible, not having a clue what the Bible is; where it came from; how it developed; when it was printed. Nothing. It fell from the sky, complete with chapters and verses for idiots to sit around and form a Christianity.
Clay.....would Jesus have spoken these words from your post or would Jesus try and correct this person's teachings?????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#552551 Aug 1, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any record of a WOMAN ever being baptized?
Yes.....please refer to the Book of Acts.....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#552552 Aug 1, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I am born again, what's the problem?
"You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church" 12 simple words, Preston. Read them plainly. No need to twist them. No need to make up a false teaching about Peter being a pebble. Lol.
"this is my body". 4 simple words. Read them.
"This cup is my blood of the New Testament".
What does Jesus say the New Testament is? A book?
Clay,

We must remember that the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as preached, in those early days emphasized what Jesus DID rather than what He said.

The proclamation which led to the conversion of Jews and Gentiles was the good news......(of what He DID) BY His death and triumph He had procured remission of sins and opened the kingdom of Heaven to all believers.

Now, take this and add it to baptism.....

Why are we baptized INTO His death, burial and resurrection???
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#552553 Aug 1, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics follow ONLY Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church ----the ONLY Church that HE HIMSELF initiated, formed and 16th century and it been a Disneyland Merry-go- round ever since !!......
You're delusional. The RCC never spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They would kill anyone who tried. Men like Wycliff and Tyndale etc, spread the Gospel and died for the right to read the Word. Many Jews preferred death over the forced baptism of the RCC.

Liturgical Use in United States

There is only one English text currently approved by the Church for use in the United States. This text is the one contained in the Lectionaries approved for Sundays & Feasts and for Weekdays by the USCCB and recognized by the Holy See. These Lectionaries have their American and Roman approval documents in the front. The text is that of the New American Bible with revised Psalms and New Testament (1988, 1991), with some changes mandated by the Holy See where the NAB text used so-called vertical inclusive language (e.g. avoiding male pronouns for God). Since these Lectionaries have been fully promulgated, the permission to use the Jerusalem Bible and the RSV-Catholic at Mass has been withdrawn.[See note on inclusive language]

Devotional Reading

A bewildering array of Catholic Bibles are available for personal use. They all have imprimaturs, but not all avoid the use of inclusive language. That use is indicated in the summary. The order is generally chronological.

1. Douai-Rheims. The original Catholic Bible in English, pre-dating the King James Version (1611). It was translated from the Latin Vulgate, the Church's official Scripture text, by English Catholics in exile on the continent. The NT was completed and published in 1582 when the English College (the seminary for English Catholics) was located at Rheims. The Old Testament was published in 1610 when the College was located at Douai. Bishop Challoner's 1750 edition, and subsequent revisions by others up to the 20th century, is the most common edition. Retains some archaic English. The 1899 edition is available from TAN Books. The text is widely available on line, including EWTN's library.

2. Confraternity Edition. Begun in 1936 by the American bishops' Confraternity for Christian Doctrine as a translation from the Clementine Vulgate. The publication of Pius XII's encyclical Divino afflante spiritu (1943) caused the translation committee to switch to the original Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts. Not all books were completed by the time of Vatican II (1962-1965). Those that were finished were used in the liturgy in the 1950s and 60s. Published in a dignified American idiom. Though hard to find, this edition of the Scriptures is worth possessing.

CONT.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#552554 Aug 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A "layman???"
If I said that I was called by a god to preach, as did you, would I be ordained by my self???
:)
~~~

Evidently you have ordained yourself as the devils advocate...You unceasingly minister for him.against God.

Ordained
ORDA'INED, pp. Appointed; instituted; established; invested with ministerial or pastoral functions; settled.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#552555 Aug 1, 2014
3. Revised Standard Version (RSV)- Catholic Edition. Translated for an American audience from the original languages in the 1940s and 1950s by the National Council of the Churches of Christ, and adapted for Catholic use by the Catholic Biblical Association (1966). Considered the best combination of literal (formal equivalence translation) and literary by many orthodox Catholic scholars. Published today by Ignatius Press (Ignatius Bible) and Scepter Press, and available through EWTN's Religious Catalogue.

4.1 New American Bible or NAB (1970). Translated from the original languages by the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine according to the principles of Vatican II for use in the liturgy. It was the basis of the American Lectionary from the 1970s until 2002. A good translation, but it was criticized for its changing of some traditional and familiar expressions, such as "full of grace".

4.2 NAB with Revised New Testament (1986). A restoration of some traditional familiar phraseology. Unfortunately, it also included some mild inclusive language. No longer widely available, owing to the publication of the revised Psalms (see next entry).

4.3 NAB with Revised Psalms and Revised New Testament (1991). It was due to the use of vertical inclusive language (re: God and Christ) and some uses of horizontal inclusive language (re: human beings), that the Holy See rejected this text as the basis of a revised Lectionary for the United States. This is the version of the NAB currently on sale in the United States.

4.4 Modified NAB with Revised Psalms and Revised New Testament (2000-2002). This title is of my own invention. It does not refer to any currently available Bible, but to the NAB with Revised Psalms and Revised NT, as modified by a committee of the Holy See and the Bishops for use in the liturgy. It is the text found in all current Lectionaries in the U.S.. The Holy See accepted some use of inclusive language, where the speaker/author intended a mixed audience (e.g. "brothers and sisters", instead of the older "brethren"), but rejected it in references to God or Christ, and man, where the word has anthropological and theological significance (e.g. Psalm 1:1, with reference to Adam and Christ). Whether a Bible will be made available having these modified NAB texts is not known at this time. Since they do not extend to the entire Bible, it is possible that none will be, as that would require further editing of the underlying NAB text.

5. Jerusalem Bible (1966). A translation based on the French edition of the Dominicans of the Ecole Biblique in Jerusalem, who translated it from the original languages. This Bible is the one used by Mother Angelica on the air. The full version has copious footnotes but is hard to find, as it has not been recently republished. A Reader's Edition, without the full footnoting, is available through EWTN's Religious Catalogue.

6. New Revised Standard Version - Catholic Edition (1989). An adaptation for Catholic use of the NRSV of the National Council of the Churches of Christ. Although used in the American edition of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, it was rejected for liturgical use by the Holy

7. New Jerusalem Bible (1990).8. Today's' English Version - Catholic (1992). This is the Catholic edition of the popular Good News Bible by the American Bible Society. Much more https://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/bible_ver...

You make the following verse come to life though

Revelation 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow

#552556 Aug 1, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that you AND your KJV should be ignored.
That'll teach you to tell me that I'm going to hell.
:)
I have only warned you. by giving God's truth...

Luk 13:1 There were present at that season some that told him/JESUS of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

Luk 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Location hidden

#552557 Aug 1, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism IS necessary for salvation......
Baptism IS a COMMAND of Jesus.....
How could baptism not be necessary if it is a COMMAND of Jesus???
How else would your sins be forgiven???
What is the purpose of baptism????
Hank, you ought to know better, the malefactor was not Baptized and dont come back and tell me he was under the old covenant, since Jesus had already died before him.

even in our law today, when a person dies, that will goes into effect immediately.

#552558 Aug 1, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no accusation in my post...
You don't believe God??? He called Jesus Christ "my beloved Son"...
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
~~~

ARGUE WITH YOURSELF.....

.seemingly that is all you want to do....You accentuate the frivolous.... Always bickering..

You are a real angel Always ...up in the air harping about something.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#552559 Aug 1, 2014
Jesus Brother wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet my Brother is alive.
....are you Jesus older brother or younger brother?

Location hidden

#552560 Aug 1, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ARGUE WITH YOURSELF.....
.seemingly that is all you want to do....You accentuate the frivolous.... Always bickering..
this has been going on for months. I suggest that we give him Free Reign to continue to act like he does,

By making him persona non grata, and ignoring him completely. if we don't engage him, maybe he will stop his foolishness. then again, if he has entered into his "second childhood", there is no hope for him
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#552561 Aug 1, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lying little skirt June.
Jesus was speaking a parable concerning "a noble man" who was the "my", and the "me", in the story.
You write it to say that Christ Himself is that "noble man". He was speaking in the third person.
Yep, your deceit has no bounds.
I used to think you a worthy person with integrity.
I see that I made a mistake in giving you the benefit.
I will put it this way. I could write that "you" were speaking of a noble man, and you would have no control over what I wrote that you said about the supposed noble man.

Nowhere in any Christian literature does a man named Jesus say "I" wrote these words.

There is no signature by such a man, nor is there any writing in his first person HAND-WRITING. Every story about what this supposed "savior" was supposed to have said and done was written by MEN with agendas.

If you don't GET that, it is your problem.

#552562 Aug 1, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....are you Jesus older brother or younger brother?
~~~~
THE BIBLES SAYS THAT WE...(THAT ARE BORN AGAIN INTO THE FAMILY OF GOD) ARE HIS YOUNGER BROTHERS

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose

(NOTE).
Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son,
(NOTE)
that HE MIGHT BE THE FIRST BORN AMONG MANY BRETHREN ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552563 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
ARGUE WITH YOURSELF.....
If you convinced your self that you were ordained by a god to preach ... I suggest that you never went to any Christian college ... because after all ... you would have it in your mind that if a god called you, you wouldn't need any credits from mortal men to pass your TEST of knowing the mind of the god through the words in the KJV ... RIGHT???

To which Christian college did you go to pass your test of training to become an ordained Christian minister???

Shyster in god-garb!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552564 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
I have only warned you. by giving God's truth...
You are using scriptures from the Catholic bible to warn Catholics of their impending doom, and you are too ignorant to comprehend that issue.

Martin Luther used the Catholic bible to warn pope Leo the X of his impending doom ... of all the silly nonsense.

You allowed your ego to overrule any common sense that was left in your brain, as you have convinced your self that a savior and his father from the supposed spirit world operates your brain-cells.

Good grief!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552565 Aug 1, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
Evidently you have ordained yourself as the devils advocate...You unceasingly minister for him.against God.
You believe the same about the Catholics.

That's what happened to you when you read those words in the first pages of the KJV ... that if you read the words you could indeed KNOW the mind of GOD.

I laughed when I read those words ... but YOU took them to your HEAD and allowed your ego to feast on them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552566 Aug 1, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Baptism IS necessary for salvation......
Baptism was a ritual ceremony started by humans ... as were all rituals in religions that were started by humans.

It was taught that babies that weren't baptized would go to hell.

People believed it because others believed it and in turn taught them to believe it.

I never believed it.

#552567 Aug 1, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this has been going on for months. I suggest that we give him Free Reign to continue to act like he does,
By making him persona non grata, and ignoring him completely. if we don't engage him, maybe he will stop his foolishness. then again, if he has entered into his "second childhood", there is no hope for him
~~~

I appreciate your advice..

But

I don't want to give up on him ....for now...

I know it is hard to contend with a religious spirit

Yet If there is a spark of spiritual life...there is hope...

Mat_5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#552568 Aug 1, 2014
If you want to know how easy it is to manipulate words, I suggest you go this thread.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/jonesboro-ar/...

Years ago, I started the thread "Maybe God is Gay" ... and this morning I brought it back up to find that my exact words that I wrote have been taken over by the poster "Guest 54." My name is no longer on the thread. Yet I posted those words. I never went through every page ... as that was enough for my proof of manipulation.

It's just another example of how men that wrote that a Jesus or a god SAID such and such are not to be trusted with WORDS ... period!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... 3 hr Xstain Spot Remover 5
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Married in 10,772
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr '18 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr '18 helpful links 40