Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646639 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551873 Jul 29, 2014
marge wrote:
Pray for Israel!
....Your prayers are going to do what? Plant a seed in the minds of the Hamas for them to surrender or say to Israel .....you win!

....praying might make you feel good but won't change one thing.

.....every war, on BOTH sides people prayed. In the end millions of innocent people died horrible deaths.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551874 Jul 29, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
Why would the Word of God be only understood by man up until a certain point as you say???
What is the Word of God???
It is the book of salvation given to mankind.
The Word of God presents the need for and the means whereby man can be saved from the bondage of their sins.
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firmand do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
Many churches, including the Catholic Church, are in existence today by a rules based system.
Does God desire a rules based system???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
Does God want a relationship based upon a system of rules keeping???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
What does God require of us???
God wants a relationship with man based upon MUTUAL LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
~~~
amen

Following a bunch of rules is WILL WORSHIP..

LIKE A SHOTGUN WEDDING ..

.NO LOVE RELATIONSHIP INVOLVED ....

..ONLY OBLIGATION

BROUGHT ON BY LUST AND SELF GRATIFICATION ....

OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IS AS SONS AND HEIRS. FOR HE IS OUR HEAVENLY FATHER.

Mat_7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#551875 Jul 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....you claim to have a withered hand that is a disability to you. Why not pray and make your hand as good as mine?
Pharmacies do a gigantic business from those in all of the religions that in turn depend on science to cure their ills. And that is the result of knowing they can NOT depend on prayer to cure them.

They lie to their selves and that is why they continually lie to each other and to Atheists and Agnostics ... who at one time in America would have been tortured and killed for daring to express such "opinions" in conjunction with religion.

Prince George, Canada

#551876 Jul 29, 2014
One of the latest preachers of a new fad in religion was Gerald Gardner ... known as the father of Wicca.

He wrote that the Goddess cursed homosexuals.

At that point, rather than saying to their selves that Gerald was simply another man of words not to be trusted ... the hippies of that era followed a new guru who was mentally oriented to his own bisexual literature and in turn claimed that the Goddess does in deed love homosexuals and bisexuals. So the hippies that wanted "free LOVE" at that turning point decided that Gerald Gardner was not to be trusted with their FAITH ... and in turn they followed the written words of the bisexual guru Alex Sanders.

You might consider that you are a preacher of universal truth ... but if you follow any words written by men ... you are simply following their patterned thought process ... period!

I suggest that when you were born ... as was Gerald Gardner's brain-cells, or Alex Sander's brain-cells ... your brain-cells and my brain-cells were not yet programmed to any specific LUSTS.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551877 Jul 29, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
Why would the Word of God be only understood by man up until a certain point as you say???
What is the Word of God???
It is the book of salvation given to mankind.
The Word of God presents the need for and the means whereby man can be saved from the bondage of their sins.
It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firmand do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
Many churches, including the Catholic Church, are in existence today by a rules based system.
Does God desire a rules based system???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
Does God want a relationship based upon a system of rules keeping???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
What does God require of us???
God wants a relationship with man based upon MUTUAL LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
....your post just makes the issue more confusing, and you believe God loves you more than others because you claim to have the right knowledge to know Gods mind.

.....I feel sorry for all those born into a non christian belief wasting their lives with false hopes for their future.

....organized religion is the great divider in our world. You proved that with your statement.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551878 Jul 29, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
Do you know that LOVE is commanded more than 50 times in the New Testament???
One does not know the WILL of God until he has ALL God has said on the subject.
The FIRST COMMANENT ..OBVIOUSLY GOD WANTS,OUR LOVE...what other possible reason could He have for creating us as companions and then SAVING us to spend eternity WITH HIM..
it's sure not for our sparkling conversation...good looks or any human attribute, but to love Him.

The next commandments to Moses and then from.JESUS,speak of how,we are to treat each other WITH LOVE (and according to God's word)

Prince George, Canada

#551879 Jul 29, 2014
When I was under the spell of religion, I also lusted for eternal bliss. After all, who doesn't want to escape suffering and enjoy nothing but bliss? I lived under the delusion that all souls would be accepted back home by the loving God.

But I came to conclude that religion made no sense whatsoever, and that rather than further deluding my self, I would wait until I die.

Now I trust that concerning such issues, men never had any more answers in ancient times than they have today. They blab about many issues ... but knowing universal truth is a different issue entirely.

I can't crack a code that remains a mystery, and I'm quite sure that others also have not cracked that code ... because if they had they wouldn't find it necessary disagree. Universal truth would be known by ALL, and their would be no disagreement ... as in the proof of the "answer" ... absolute truth would be indisputable.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551880 Jul 29, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Pharmacies do a gigantic business from those in all of the religions that in turn depend on science to cure their ills. And that is the result of knowing they can NOT depend on prayer to cure them.
They lie to their selves and that is why they continually lie to each other and to Atheists and Agnostics ... who at one time in America would have been tortured and killed for daring to express such "opinions" in conjunction with religion.
......if people feel good by praying, so be it, but if they believe God is all knowing then what are they praying for if they believe God already knows what they desire?

.,...How many prayers are enough? 10?...100?....200?. What prayers work better than others? If more people pray, does that increase the odds of prayers being answered?

.....there has to be answers to these questions, but nobody knows with any certainty.

Location hidden

#551881 Jul 29, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have anything to say about my post...bring it on:
There are no "ifs" in my beliefs....as in the life of every born again son of God....evidently this is not known to you....
You asked me for Scripture to support what I said...I offered to tutor you...all you need to do is ask.....you have not asked...you still don't know the Scripture that supported my words...
You reprimanded me for calling Chess a snake...I asked you what did Christ say when you reprimanded Him for calling people snakes (vipers)...you have said nuttin'....I can see our red face from shame from here!!!!
This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work
Show me Scripture that reads:
This is a true saying, If a woman desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work
What did Abe say about you? You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Christ sad:Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
You ought to try living by God's Word instead of ignoring it...
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law
~~~
YOU WROTE
You reprimanded me for calling Chess a snake...I asked you what did Christ say when you reprimanded Him for calling people snakes (vipers)...you have said nuttin'....I can see our red face from shame from here!!!!
Mat_3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Mat_12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Mat_23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Luk_3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
JESUS HAD/HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU WILLINGNESS TO EXPRESS YOUR PERSONAL OPINION
DEMEAN AND EXERCISE YOUR CARNAL NATURE AGAINST ANOTHER PERSON IN THIS FORUM.AND CALL THEM NAMES
WHY DO YOU LIE AGAINST THE TRUTH....
if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
~~~
Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Christ called them snakes because that is what they were...I call Chess lying snake because that is what he is...no opinion...proven truth..

You reprimanded me for calling Chess a snake...I asked you what did Christ say when you reprimanded Him for calling people snakes (vipers)...you have not answered my question...

You are still red in the face from shame!!!!

Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
how long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Prince George, Canada

#551883 Jul 29, 2014
Watch a hungry dog do tricks for it's human master so it will be fed the meat to fill it's starving belly.

It's not that much different than a human praying for the human's own will to be followed in order to fill the brain-cells with the lusts they desire.

"I will be saved, while you spend eternity in hell." Now MY brain-cells are satisfied. They have had their dose of ego ... until some human threatens their food with conflicting opinions. Then I will once again be forced to feed my brain-cells more delusions of grandeur to keep the process on-going. "God loves ME ... not YOU."

And so it goes! Egos are as voracious in their quests to MEET emotional need, as is the hungry dog's need for MEAT to fill it's hungry stomach.

Location hidden

#551884 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
In that tent revival I witnessed something that even now makes me weep...
there was a miracle and then a tragedy. and .on interruption of the miracle.
There was a young lady that used crutches when she walked...She had no ligaments in her knees...
My father and I brought her and her mother to the tent meeting...and after she was prayed for her healing....she walked back to here seat ..and had the braces removed from her legs.
for the rest of the service she did not need them.......
But
when she started to walk to the car HER MOTHER WAS AFRAID SHE WOULD FALL AND SET THE CRUTCHES UNDER NEATH HER ARMS...
SHE NEVER TOOK ANOTHER STEP WITH OUT THEM...
.( i was walking behind them and witnessed this tragedy)
JUST AS PETER INTERRUPTED THE MIRACLE WHILE HE WAS WALKING ON THE WATER...
HER MOTHERS ..DOUBT...... DESTROYED THE HEALING OF GEORGANNA CLARK.
The doubt of one does not affect anyone but that one person...it is not transmittable!!!!!

The belief of one does not affect anyone but that one person...it is not transmittable!!!!!

Glad to help....
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551885 Jul 29, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
HOJO,
Do you know that LOVE is commanded more than 50 times in the New Testament???
One does not know the WILL of God until he has ALL God has said on the subject.
A " love relationship" with God, Jesus,,those around us and His Church required more than just "lip service"!.It is based upon an "ongoing (unending relationship" with God,Jesus,those around us and His Church---"growing in faith and in Love ---NOT just accepting God, Jesus, those around us and His Church (Once) which contrary to this bible only (nonsense) of OSAS....The Word of God also says (in the words of Jesus HIMSELF ---"for unless you----DO---the will of my Father---you CANNOT enter the kingdom of heaven.----NONE of this can be fully accomplished without GROWING in the faith and salvation of Jesus Christ which is an "ongoing lifelong process----as Paul speaks of when he speaks of "running the race" and that not everyone finishes the race"...Bible Only Protestantism is not growing in ANYTHING except more and more division, contradiction, confusion and inconsistent interpretation (or better yet misinterpretation) of the bible..... The Word of God "clearly" says that OSAS bible only Protestant "lip service" is not enough!....It is an unending growth in the faith and salvation of Christ as James tells us "fath without works is dead---works without faith is des"....Jeus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church is the ONLY Church that teaches and proclaims the FULLNESS of the faith and the FULLNESS of the TRUTH in Jesus ---AND ---in the WORD of God!.....

Prince George, Canada

#551886 Jul 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......if people feel good by praying, so be it, but if they believe God is all knowing then what are they praying for if they believe God already knows what they desire?
They let on that a god is leading them. Yet they are continually telling others what god thinks and of course the big one ... COMMANDS.

Yet in the next breath, or statement, they will assure others that God is beyond all human "knowing."

Religion is based on the all-controlling others to do MY will in the name of ... of course ... God!.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551887 Jul 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....you claim to have a withered hand that is a disability to you. Why not pray and make your hand as good as mine?
I get along mike, if it was His Will, it would be done.

we don't always get what we want.

imagine this, I was shot, fell out around 20 feet or more, broken neck, broken back,

yet still walking around.

don't you think that is enough?

I do and did.
Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#551888 Jul 29, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Our opinion" is.just ANOTHER one of the 42,200+ inconsistent and contradicting ( whatever I decide is true) Protestant "merry-go-round" ( mumbo jumbo) twists of the bible that your bible only "fundies" are so famous for since the Reformation. NO WONDER you bible only (opinionated) "editorialists" keep "running around in circles" like a bunch of chickens with your heads "cut off".EACH ONE OF yOU---claiming to possess the Truth of the bible.. 2000 years of "authenticated and documented" biblical and historical proof CONFIRMS (over and over and over again) that the Catholic Church IS IN FACT Jesus Christ One TRUE Apostolic (Universal) Church----and "you" have NOTHING to base ANYTHING on exist (your own) "what I think "contradicting 21st century (bible only) opinion!!.....
Actually, I am steadfast and secure in my faith. Because it is rooted in the written word of God, not the traditions of men. It is the RCC which has to keep shifting its beliefs and tap dance around the bold truths we "Fundies" share with a lost and hurting world. Does one have to be Catholic in order to be saved?

Yes or no?

Location hidden

#551889 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
In that tent revival I witnessed something that even now makes me weep...
there was a miracle and then a tragedy. and .on interruption of the miracle.
There was a young lady that used crutches when she walked...She had no ligaments in her knees...
My father and I brought her and her mother to the tent meeting...and after she was prayed for her healing....she walked back to here seat ..and had the braces removed from her legs.
for the rest of the service she did not need them.......
But
when she started to walk to the car HER MOTHER WAS AFRAID SHE WOULD FALL AND SET THE CRUTCHES UNDER NEATH HER ARMS...
SHE NEVER TOOK ANOTHER STEP WITH OUT THEM...
.( i was walking behind them and witnessed this tragedy)
JUST AS PETER INTERRUPTED THE MIRACLE WHILE HE WAS WALKING ON THE WATER...
HER MOTHERS ..DOUBT...... DESTROYED THE HEALING OF GEORGANNA CLARK.
And: You are comparing apples to prunes....

Peter believed...he walked on the water....no other disciple did...
Peter doubted...Peter sank in the water...no other disciple did...
Peter denied knowing Christ...no other disciple did...

Its a personal thing.....

Count an other freebie...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551890 Jul 29, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.,...How many prayers are enough? 10?...100?....200?. What prayers work better than others? If more people pray, does that increase the odds of prayers being answered?
.....there has to be answers to these questions, but nobody knows with any certainty.
A MILLION PRAYERS IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE IF THEY ARE NO PRAYED IN FAITH..

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

JUST REPEATING THE SAME PRAYER OVER AND OVER AGAIN MEANS NOTHING

TRY REPEATING YOUR DESIRES TO YOUR WIFE ......AS SOME DO GOD

AFTER A WHILE

SHE WILL RECOMMEND THAT YOU TO A SHRINK....

THE BIBLES SAYS

Php 4:6 Be careful (DON'T BE ANXIOUS) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#551891 Jul 29, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I have question for you. Looking for something else I ran across a site that shows the varous gods that can be seen at the vatican. The thing that shocked me most is the following.
"Did you know that the statue that many millions of pilgrims go to kiss the feet of in the Vatican is not Peter? It's actually the statue of the Roman god Jupiter. It was moved from the Pantheon in Rome and moved to the Vatican and renamed 'Peter".
http://www.mindserpent.com/American_History/r...
." The Vatican offers us her images of the Greek god Jupiter as being the image of Peter. And you can see it in the Vatican for yourself.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatican/vat...
I'm trying to verify this through more credible sites. Just wondering if you knew of any, and if the Roman god Jupiter was moved from the Pantheon and re-named St.Peter is true? The amount of different gods at the Vatican is amazing.
I have heard that also. I never delved into its veracity, though. There is no telling who the images of Catholic saints really are. One thing is certain, they made up the images of Jesus and Mary. And another thing is certain, the RCC commits the the sin of worshipping idols. The Mystery of Babylon continues to deceive and consume the Earth.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551892 Jul 29, 2014
and Mike,

I have a promise that I will inherit a new body, that will know no pain, the tears will be dried up, and most important, I will be able to sing a song that even angels cant sing.

I still to a certain extent using my right hand. my thumb and the first finger can touch each other, along with the second. however the third finger looks like a swan(that is how it is described by doctors also and the little finger is almost worthless.

I am not able to draw all fingers into a fist, but it is there, so that counts for something.

Location hidden

#551893 Jul 29, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. many years ago, my oldest daughter (about 2) at that time, had a high temp, we anointed acloth and when It ook it home, her temp had returned to normal. I wanted to take her back to church that night and my wife and MIL fought me about it, needless to say, her temp rose again. then my wife asked me to anoint her, and the ONLY oil I could find was Motor oil and so I used it, almost immediately, her temp dropped, the following church service I took her to tell the church as we are instructed to do.
and here is the kicker, a few days later, my wife found the cloth that I used. That cloth was still Hot, from the fire of the Holy Ghost or the temp that was taken away.
either way, Cathie was showed the power of God and has never resisted again.
Pray tell...what brand of motor oil???? How long did the rag stay hot???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 6 hr Iamfree 10,165
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 18 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... 19 hr Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web