Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 627790 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#551724 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely Not!.........Your distorted statistics "MEAN NOTHING to no one but YOU!!!,,,,,The historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church is NOT based on polls, votes, or opinions.but IS based upon over 2000' years of the TRUTH of the Word of God.........Your bible only Protestant 42,200 contradicting denominations ALL depend on editorialized self opinions---- in order to keep their inconsistent divisions in a constant state of chaos and that is exactly the reason that "voting booths" are being installed in everyProtestant Church!......
Same old tired company line, hojo. Do you have any new information from objective historians that verify your rantings?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551725 Jul 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit does lead me to all truth, as promised by Christ. Am only to happy to guide atemboycow and yourself to the same...
Your words tell me you have no such burden..
BTW...What did Christ say when you reprimanded Him, as you did me, for calling those people snakes (vipers)??
Have you given up wanting to see Scripture that supported my words....you did ask for same...offered to help...appears you are ducking...
~~~

Your ego trip is obnoxious....

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#551726 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics ALL think for ourselves and it ALL parallels the teachings of the TRUTH of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, the TRUTH of the Word of God and the historical TRUTH of TRUE Church History..........Bible only "fundamentalists" are ALL rebellious and defiant self-opinionated thinkers who are in a constant state of bible interpretation ( or mis-interpretation ) the result of which is and more chaos, more and more confusion and never ending Protestant bible contradiction,
There are multiple factions within Catholicism that disagree with each other in matters of faith and doctrine. So, stop deceiving people into believing in the unity of the RCC. It is a mask easily uncovered.

#551727 Jul 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you guys reject what is clearly written in Scripture?
"You are Peter and on this rock I will build my Church" Mathew 16:18
"Take this and eat of it, for this is my body" Mathew 26:26
"For there are many other things Jesus did as well, I suppose if every one was written down, not even the whole of the world would hold the books that would be written" John 21:25
"Therefore brethren, hold steadfast to the traditions taught to you, either by word of mouth and letter" thess 2:15
"For I received from the Lord what i also deliver to you; that the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed took bred and given thanks, blessed it and said THIS IS my Body....
Whoever eats the bread and drinks the cup in an unworthy manner, IS GUILTY of profaning the BODY AND BLOOD OF THE LORD"
"This is my blood of the New Testament, which is poured out for many" Mark 14:24
*** what does Jesus say is the New Testament?
You wrote

Question ...

HOW COME YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS I

IGNORE THE FACT

THAT YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM

IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE WHOLE BIBLE..

(with it's EXCLUSIVE DYNASTY rituals ...calthesintics, pompt, pride....

AND SPIRITUAL FORNICATION AND ADULTRY WITH IDOLS

OH YES ......THERE IS UNFAVORABLE REFERENCE..

FOUND IN
Rev_17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

Rev_19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

SO YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY PROOF

OF A POSITION AS GOD'S MOST FAVORITE

Liam

United States

#551728 Jul 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
Question ...
HOW COME YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS I
IGNORE THE FACT
THAT YOUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM
IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE WHOLE BIBLE..
(with it's EXCLUSIVE DYNASTY rituals ...calthesintics, pompt, pride....
AND SPIRITUAL FORNICATION AND ADULTRY WITH IDOLS
OH YES ......THERE IS UNFAVORABLE REFERENCE..
FOUND IN
Rev_17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
Rev_19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
SO YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY PROOF
OF A POSITION AS GOD'S MOST FAVORITE
all of Catholicism is mentioned in Scripture and I dont think we have to apologize because it doesn't me your criteria.

#551729 Jul 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
all of Catholicism is mentioned in Scripture and I dont think we have to apologize because it doesn't me your criteria.
YOU PROBLEM IS ...IT DOES NOT MET GOD'S CRITERIA..

it is as full of... sin ... debauchery ... and fals teachings

as a possum is ticks.

OH .AND ....YOU SHOULD KNOW...

APOLOGY... DOES NOT REPLACE OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD...

REPENTANCE IS WHAT GOD CALLS FOR.

Mar_1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand:

repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Act_15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Satanic RCC

Baltimore, MD

#551732 Jul 28, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The vast majority? Nonsense. But there still a lot of Jehovah's who were former Catholics. The reason is because too many Catholics don't know their faith. If they did, they could repel the lying JW in a few moments. I do it all the time. Heck, the very beginning of that cult- when they chose a name- was a blunder.
"Jehovah" isn't an actual name. Its a Latin combination of the Hebrew Yahweh and Adonai (Lord). Made up by none other than the Catholic Church when they translated the Bible to Latin. It wasn't changed when the English Bibles began to be printed. Your forefathers had no business trying to interpret Scripture for themselves. Even if Jehovah was his name, there is no way you could pronounce the "J" ..Yet JWs do it all the time.
Catholics who don't know their faith are easy prey. They shove a pamphlet in their face with a bunch of misrepresentations of Catholicism.. then they open up their watchtower bible and show them Mathew 23:9. Then they scare the crap out of the Catholic by showing Bible verses from Revelation. The unsuspecting Catholic is blindsided by the nice- well dressed people. They are pulled away from the only Church started by Jesus; taken away from the Eucharist; holed up in kingdom hall with other clueless people, awaiting the end of the world.
you stupid RCC half head low educated idiot
Yahveh is hebrew name of God
Jehova is same only pronounce in english
in greek and middle east languages people use Yehovah
in my language is G-D HaShem YHVH?

and so on......
such cretins like you deny wisdom of JW, but alone pray to idols, pagan cross, and pope their god,
between free time like you,breath with hates against other,send reports to Mod Topix to ban those who spew at your face the Bible truth

you are less than nobody,scumbag,and worthless menace of normal Society,like al of you catolics-adulters alcoholics,drug users,crimnals,war mongers, tough s...mobs, thiefs,fornicators,hates,murde rs and morally filthy fallen creature made in image of wicked humans?

YOU ARE STUPID DEMENTED CLOWN RAMBLING WITH LIES AROUND INTERNET
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#551734 Jul 28, 2014
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
There you go again...trying to lie your way out of the hole you dug..
Your words:Phoebe was a woman...and a pastor. You said earlier that the word "servant" meant a pastor and a pastor was a male!!!!
It is evident that you do not have the spiritual capacity to understand any spiritual message.. So, I will go the humanistic, common sense, natural man way...
Scripture says Phebe was a servant...a helper..true, a pastor serves the membership of the church...true a pastor helps his members...
But and however, a pastor is addressed as Pastor Brown, or Pastor John Brown, or Pastor John, if John Brown be his name..
Never is he addressed as servant Brown, or servant John Brown, or servant John, if John Brown be his name..
Never is he addressed as helper Brown, or helper John Brown, or helper John, if John Brown be his name..
Similarly Scripture refers to Phebe as servant...helper...because that is what she was...a servant and a helper....never is she referred to as pastor Phebe...
Quote:
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
For you to say Phebe was a pastor is saying the Word of God is wrong as rain...

----------
I wonder whether you have read the Bible,or if you are just parroting some of the immature men who preach that that they do not know.
God said in Genesis (Jesus also states it ) that the man and the woman, joined in marriage, become ONE. The Jewish practice in writing was to follow the verse that says, "THEIR NAME SHALL BE CALLED ADAM". I have signed MY name ( MRS. His Name ) hundreds of times. Thus the accounts of the men automatically involved their wife...unless it specifically said otherwise. Few occasions mention the woman's name alone, except when necessary when telling her story...such as Naomi, Ruth, Esther, Mary...and, yes, Phoebe!
Note that the genealogies in Mathew and Luke do not list a separate name for the wives/mothers, though they were very much involved..
His name was 'their' name. Note also that a woman first preached the birth of Jesus to Jerusalem (Anna). Women went first to the tomb of Jesus, while the apostles sat behind locked doors in fear of dying with Him. The women carried the resurrection message to them, and they did not believe it .
Finally, a woman brought Jesus to us WITHOUT THE HELP OF A MAN!
Woman hating has been around since Adam blamed the woman (and God Who gave her to him) for his fall. This is how the islamists can consider a woman to be a piece of property, put her to death...and call it HONOR killing!

That said, I also know that the man is the head of the family. HIS name stands first...and HE is the priest responsible for the leading of his family. He is to be honored, respected and loved. but none of this denies a woman the privilege to preach the gospel...or the responsibility of doing so.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#551736 Jul 28, 2014
who="Cisco Kid"]<quoted text>
Kay Marie!
If 33,000 Protestant groups differ in interpretation of the Bible including YOU, why do you think you are correct rebelling against the only true church? The Catholic Church.
How can you accuse God's Spirit as being wrong as 33,000 different Protestant groups?
Why do you doubt the Holy Spirit as being correct?
God's Holy Spirit leads the Catholic Church.
Humble yourself before God's Holy Spirit or continue in your self-prideful ways.

----------
Noting lately that there is MUCH dispute in the so-called 'true' church. Many of the women want birth control...and position in the ministry. Many of the men want to marry...and they are fighting on both sides to have their way. Differences do not disprove WHO is the real Christian...contrariwise, they prove which IS the real believer. Paul said that :
1Co 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
1Co 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you,(so) that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
It doesn't bother me that others disagree with me. It only means that at least one of us needs to read a little deeper, and seek to know whether one (or both) of us may be wrong.

The answers are all in The Book.
P.S. I don't know of a subject which might have 33,.000 opinions....
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551737 Jul 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines wrote:
<quoted text>Same old tired company line, hojo. Do you have any new information from objective historians that verify your rantings?
All you bible only "fundies" along with agnostics and atheists need to do is QUIT reading anti-catholic ( 21st century -----"fictitious"--- ---Church History from "hack" authors and writers who make a living twisting, manipulating and distorting the Truth of over 2000True Church History and Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic -----Futhermore there ino need posts anything else on this forum except the TRUTH........The historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church that has existed for over 2000 years...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#551738 Jul 28, 2014
Satanic RCC wrote:
<quoted text>
you stupid RCC half head low educated idiot
Yahveh is hebrew name of God
Jehova is same only pronounce in english
in greek and middle east languages people use Yehovah
in my language is G-D HaShem YHVH?
and so on......
such cretins like you deny wisdom of JW, but alone pray to idols, pagan cross, and pope their god,
between free time like you,breath with hates against other,send reports to Mod Topix to ban those who spew at your face the Bible truth
you are less than nobody,scumbag,and worthless menace of normal Society,like al of you catolics-adulters alcoholics,drug users,crimnals,war mongers, tough s...mobs, thiefs,fornicators,hates,murde rs and morally filthy fallen creature made in image of wicked humans?
YOU ARE STUPID DEMENTED CLOWN RAMBLING WITH LIES AROUND INTERNET
Brain damage.

Hey! You aren't related to OxyMoron, are you?
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551739 Jul 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines wrote:
<quoted text>There are multiple factions within Catholicism that disagree with each other in matters of faith and doctrine. So, stop deceiving people into believing in the unity of the RCC. It is a mask easily uncovered.
If they disagree as much as you say they do, then let them "go down the street to the nearest bible only editorialist Protestant Church that is "filled with contradicting opinions" based upon "whatever each person thinks isTrue" (Chaotic Christianity) in which (each persons " personal opinion" is the final authority!!!.......This is known as "mass confusion"!....the difference is that I/we-as catholic follow and adhere to the TRUTH of the Mass leaving EVERYONE else with the "confusion"!.....

Location hidden

#551740 Jul 28, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Your ego trip is obnoxious....
Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
You are bitter

But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
hojo

Dagsboro, DE

#551741 Jul 28, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Your the reason for the division in our society. I hope your happy.
We as Catholics will leave the "division" to the bible only Protestants who rebelliously and defiantly initiated the word "division" over 450 years ago with Luther and the Reformation..........As an agnostic or atheist (or whatever you call yourself) "divisiveness" is at the " center" of what you "don't believe because (without it) your anti-catholic hostility vengeance and attacks on the Catholic Church CANNOT CONTINUE!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#551742 Jul 28, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are bitter
But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Doesn't seem bitter to me, thief.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551743 Jul 28, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
http://dispatchesfrombrian.com /2014/07/09/lunch-with-the-pop e/
"Lunch with the Pope"
Excellent article ..
He makes good points.
What I'm struck by is the excommunication spoken of ,' very brave of Francis.. when I asked you all why the Pope of that time did Not at the very least excommunicated the monarchs .no one had an answer ..that would have stopped the inquisition...IMO ..even the threat .

Thus,I also agree with his premise on the Reformation . It did wrought changes in the RCC.
As well as the scope of spreading Gods message .

one has to wonder, if this man was,pope in the time of Luther , how h history might have been different ...
Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#551744 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
All you bible only "fundies" along with agnostics and atheists need to do is QUIT reading anti-catholic ( 21st century -----"fictitious"--- ---Church History from "hack" authors and writers who make a living twisting, manipulating and distorting the Truth of over 2000True Church History and Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic -----Futhermore there ino need posts anything else on this forum except the TRUTH........The historical and biblical TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church that has existed for over 2000 years...
It exists because you desire to be part-pagan and part-Christian.. Sorry, but there is no sitting on the fence in the Kingdom of God. You rationalize and justify the actions of the RCC, who are the ones distorting church history, doctrine and the very word of God. You do realize that every single pope in the past 60 years is 100% behind nations surrendering their sovereignty to United Nations rulership via international laws, don't you? They also support the redistribution of wealth, which any nitwit knows is a veiled form of theft. If the Catholic Church is truly led by the Holy Spirit, why are they paving the way to, and welcoming the one-world order forecast in Bible prophecy?

The authority of the RCC is contrived and their history is fabricated.
Behind Enemy Lines

Chicago, IL

#551745 Jul 28, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics will leave the "division" to the bible only Protestants who rebelliously and defiantly initiated the word "division" over 450 years ago with Luther and the Reformation..........As an agnostic or atheist (or whatever you call yourself) "divisiveness" is at the " center" of what you "don't believe because (without it) your anti-catholic hostility vengeance and attacks on the Catholic Church CANNOT CONTINUE!!!!
Not to worry. The U.S. is being overrun by more Catholics from the south. Soon, you shall have all the control over U.S policies. What cannot be changed via lawful means, you and your blind cohorts can change via the sword! Just remember this bit of wisdom: The spirit of the coming Antichrist will be a spirit of misguided rebellion. The Church of Rome shall glory in herself across the globe once again! Stay tuned...

Location hidden

#551746 Jul 28, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Oxbow"]<quot ed text>
There you go again...trying to lie your way out of the hole you dug..
Your words:Phoebe was a woman...and a pastor. You said earlier that the word "servant" meant a pastor and a pastor was a male!!!!
It is evident that you do not have the spiritual capacity to understand any spiritual message.. So, I will go the humanistic, common sense, natural man way...
Scripture says Phebe was a servant...a helper..true, a pastor serves the membership of the church...true a pastor helps his members...
But and however, a pastor is addressed as Pastor Brown, or Pastor John Brown, or Pastor John, if John Brown be his name..
Never is he addressed as servant Brown, or servant John Brown, or servant John, if John Brown be his name..
Never is he addressed as helper Brown, or helper John Brown, or helper John, if John Brown be his name..
Similarly Scripture refers to Phebe as servant...helper...because that is what she was...a servant and a helper....never is she referred to as pastor Phebe...
Quote:
And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
For you to say Phebe was a pastor is saying the Word of God is wrong as rain...
----------
I
Edited for space
You have no Scripture that supports your babbling...When you see Scripture that contradicts the following, show me....I have never seen any contradictions in the Sacred Infallible Word of God..
Quote:

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

For you to say Phebe was a pastor is saying the Word of God is a lie....

The SBC says...from Scripture:
The Church
A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is an autonomous local congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the gospel; observing the two ordinances of Christ, governed by His laws, exercising the gifts, rights, and privileges invested in them by His Word, and seeking to extend the gospel to the ends of the earth. Each congregation operates under the Lordship of Christ through democratic processes. In such a congregation each member is responsible and accountable to Christ as Lord. Its scriptural officers are pastors and deacons. While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.
Note: While both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.

The New Testament speaks also of the church as the Body of Christ which includes all of the redeemed of all the ages, believers from every tribe, and tongue, and people, and nation.
Matthew 16:15-19; 18:15-20; Acts 2:41-42,47; 5:11-14; 6:3-6; 13:1-3; 14:23,27; 15:1-30; 16:5; 20:28; Romans 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 3:16; 5:4-5; 7:17; 9:13-14; 12; Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:19-22; 3:8-11,21; 5:22-32; Philippians 1:1; Colossians 1:18; 1 Timothy 2:9-14; 3:1-15; 4:14; Hebrews 11:39-40; 1 Peter 5:1-4; Revelation 2-3; 21:2-3.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#551747 Jul 28, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="RoSesz"]<quo ted text>
I will and I'm looking forward to watching that movie if I can .
Since you liked it I'll assume it comes from a Christian perspective.
I had wanted to see Noah but then I read about it and don't think I'll pay to see it .
----------
Heaven is for Real is an excellent and true story. Noah seems to be questionable...I haven't seen it. I understand that Fireproof and Courageous are good pictures. I have seen the first, but not the second.
Supposedly he thinks of killing his,grandchild,or something like that .
Noah movie,

Facing the,Giants, you should watch that one, think it's,the same ones,did fireproof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News God's calling: Newly ordained priests ready to ... (Jul '10) 12 hr FrFrancis 219
News Border visit will cap Pope Francis' trip to Mexico Feb 9 huey goins 17
News Donald Trump nominated for Nobel Prize thanks t... Feb 8 ownerd 2
News Pope to tour violent corners of Mexico Feb 8 Raydot 2
News Las Crucens prepare for Pope Francis Feb 5 huey goins 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 5 Gee Tee 9,892
News Life-size pope cutout tours El Paso Feb 4 huey goins 3
More from around the web