Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603138 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#551441 Jul 25, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....whose church teaching.
....If you And I were born by Chance to a loving Muslim or Jewish family, today we would be posting our love for Allah or God without Jesus.
.....where one is born or to whose family, more often than not determines whose god one worships.
~~~

SPEAKING OF PEDIGREE...

Obama is the epitome of racism ....AS ONE..... THAT IS AS MUCH WHITE AS HE IS BLACK ..

HE HAS MADE THE CHOICE AS A RACIST...TO BE BLACK

HE COULD HAVE CHOSEN TO BE NEUTRAL

AS ANY PRESIDENT SHOULD CHOOSE..

AND TREATED ALL AMERICANS EQUALLY..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551442 Jul 25, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey JS this is the part that is the problem
"It's a Covenant. Both parties must uphold their end for the terms of the covenant to become reality."
You said God lied and eternal life through Jesus is not A Gift of GOD.
The concept of a 'new covenant' originated with the promise of Jeremiah that God would accomplish for His people what the 'old covenant' had failed to do

“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt,~~~~~My covenant which they broke,~~~~~

though I was a husband to them, says the Lord.

But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying,‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551443 Jul 25, 2014
marge wrote:
One has either received forgiveness from God for all their sins on earth, or they have not.
What is the soul's condition outside of Christ Jesus who is still in sin???

LOST....under the bondage of sin........

What is the soul's condition in Christ Jesus who has received forgiveness of their sins???

SAVED.....free from the bondage of sin......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551444 Jul 25, 2014
marge wrote:
One has either received forgiveness from God for all their sins on earth, or they have not.
Now, think about it, Marge.....

Why is baptism a COMMAND of Jesus???

Why is baptism important and necessary???

Do you want to remain outside of Jesus Christ???

Or, do you want to be in Jesus Christ where ALL the spiritual blessings are???
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#551445 Jul 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SPEAKING OF PEDIGREE...
Obama is the epitome of racism ....AS ONE..... THAT IS AS MUCH WHITE AS HE IS BLACK ..
....If most others felt the way you do he wouldn't have democratically been voted in.

#551446 Jul 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, think about it, Marge.....
Why is baptism a COMMAND of Jesus???
Why is baptism important and necessary???
Do you want to remain outside of Jesus Christ???
Or, do you want to be in Jesus Christ where ALL the spiritual blessings are???
~~~
BAPTISM IS SYMBOLIC OF JESUS DEATH AND RESURRECTION..

It is a part of the process of SALVATION....

READ THIS...

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551447 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you, have a few family members who are catholic. Also some very good friend. They never promote their religion as the only true church.
It's almost hard to believe that Catholics here say we must be Catholic to be saved.
IMO, they are saying Christ's blood was not enough, we must be Catholic. If that's the way Catholic thinking is going, they'll end up the largest cult in the world.
Christ was beaten to a pulp, scourged, beard plucked, spit on, place on a cross with nails driven through His hands and feet until He slowly suffocated to death and that wasn't enough, you have to be Catholic.
God HATES sin......

Sin CANNOT enter into heaven......

We MUST think spiritual with our mind, heart, and soul......

We MUST die to sin......

How can we accomplish this???

We MUST be baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.......

Why is this so important and necessary???

Think about it!
marge

Ames, IA

#551448 Jul 25, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge, even OSAS teaches one,must BELIEVE in order to be saved.
Accept and confess that Christ died for you.
I'm finding the,dialog between Just Sayin and USA born interesting .
At the core,of the CHRISTIAN FAITH IS,OUR FAITH which comes,from grace given by God..however WE DO HAVE TO BELIEVE ...and confess,Jesus,is,Lord....so we,do have a,part to play in accepting the,FREE GIFT OF GRACE.
Christ did it all as far as sacrifice. We have no part but to ACCEPT THE GIFT ..and in so doing repent of our sins,and follow,Jesus...
I think that is,what both posters,are,saying..
If you are thirsty, I give you a,bottle of water, you will still be thirsty until YOU DRINK IT ...
agree!

#551449 Jul 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God HATES sin......
We MUST die to sin......
We MUST be baptized into the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.......
Think about it!
YOU ARE RIGHT

OUR FLESH MUST BE BROUGHT UNDER SUBJECTION as we walk in the Spirit in obedience to THE WORD OF GOD...

2Co 10:1 Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you:

2Co 10:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh.

2Co 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

(WE MUST BE
2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

2Co 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience,

when your obedience is fulfilled.
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#551450 Jul 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God HATES sin......
We MUST die to sin......
Think about it!
....If you believe this is how this complicated system works god could have created us to not commit sin bring everyone to heaven and everyone live happily ever after..........no red tape, no complications.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#551451 Jul 25, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
pusherman
Peace
Some people are distracted with too much white noise and static in their conscience, and may seldom pay attention to it. Others simply short circuit the connection, and go on as they desire without conscience.
Most devoted religious people, sit quietly, awaiting a hard to hear message, but if patient enough get the message. The rest is static.
Peace
Can't argue with you there.
I find it out In nature, Just walking and listen, or sitting by a stream...
The answer is blowing in the wind, as the leaves dance to his passing..
Peace.
June is gonna Flush that shyt, hahaha!
Michael

Kitchener, Canada

#551452 Jul 25, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
SPEAKING OF PEDIGREE...
....You made the choice to be evangelical. You could have remained neutral and accepted everyone as equal and not your narrow view of your belief.

#551453 Jul 25, 2014
When Jesus ask John Baptist to baptize him

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?

Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

(NOTE)
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

THE HEAVENLY FATHER GAVE HIS APPROVAL OF JESUS AT HIS OBEDIENCE AND FULFILLING ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS..

IF YOU WANT TO BE APPROVED OF GOD (as Jesus was/is)YOU SHOULD FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH...

Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

AND BE BAPTIZED ALSO..

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but

be ye transformed

by the renewing of your mind,

that ye may prove

what is that good, and

acceptable, and

perfect, will of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Exercise the measure of faith that you have been given.

..through obedience

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551454 Jul 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternal life, Marge, is spiritual.....
Have you received it already???
she ISNT spiritual, therefore she will not understand nor accept what she is told by Ministers on this Forum.

{eternal life} is the Promise that Jesus has made to us, but until we die, we don't receive that [eternal life].
marge

Ames, IA

#551455 Jul 25, 2014
1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
marge

Ames, IA

#551457 Jul 25, 2014
John 1:11-12

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
marge

Ames, IA

#551458 Jul 25, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>she ISNT spiritual, therefore she will not understand nor accept what she is told by Ministers on this Forum.
{eternal life} is the Promise that Jesus has made to us, but until we die, we don't receive that [eternal life].
Most of the ministers on this forum are fakes, who have apparently received a perishable seed;

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
marge

Ames, IA

#551459 Jul 25, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Eternal life, Marge, is spiritual.....
Have you received it already???
Is that you Hank? What are you doing in San Fran?
Larry

Broomfield, CO

#551460 Jul 25, 2014
Differences between the New World Translation and other translations.
Missing books. In their Bibles, the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches include books known by some as the Apocrypha. However, those books were not accepted into the Jewish canon, and it is noteworthy that the Bible says that the Jews were the ones who were “entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God.”(Romans 3:1, 2) Thus, the New World Translation and many other modern Bible translations rightly exclude the books of the Apocrypha.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/n ...
All originated after the cessation of prophecy, and they cannot therefore be regarded as inspired, nor are they ever cited by Christ or the apostles.
Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches include books known by some as the Apocrypha. http://www.bible.ca/catholic-apocrypha.htm

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#551461 Jul 25, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the NT was translated from the Greek and Aramaic, I began looking into the meaning of Peter and rock. The word for Peter being Petros and rock is petra. They are both seperate words with separate meanings. It helped in understanding the conversation Jesus was having with Peter.
"The word petros for Peter in the Greek is in the masculine gender and the word petra for the rock is in the feminine gender. Petros and petra are two distinct words in the Greek. Petros is a shifting, rolling, or insecure stone, while petra is a solid, immov­able rock. In the English language the gender is not specified by the article".
From Strong's Concordance
http://biblehub.com/greek/4074.htm
4074 Pétros (a masculine noun)– properly, a stone (pebble), such as a small rock found along a pathway. 4074 /Pétros ("small stone") then stands in contrast to 4073 /pétra ("cliff, boulder," Abbott-Smith).
"4074 (Pétros) is an isolated rock and 4073 (pétra) is a cliff" (TDNT, 3, 100). "4074 (Pétros) always means a stone ... such as a man may throw,... versus 4073 (pétra), a projecting rock, cliff" (S. Zodhiates, Dict)
Will trace Barjona back later. No time now. I just love this stuff. It gives a better understanding of what Jesus was saying.
Son of Jona

Jews were known by their lineage , is my understanding ...

I think with girls,it's Bat instead of Bar ....but I'm not an expert ....just read a lot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr ThineWillBeDone 9,672
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Chimney1 420
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Thu satanlovesyou 84,393
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Wed Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web