Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653701 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

USA Born

Claremont, CA

#551606 Jul 26, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you throwing out what is a well known hoax, nothing but a bunch of bigoted anti-Catholic garbage?
Don't bother answering......we all know why.
I'm beginning to believe it was a hoax. But then we have to face the reality that the pope truly believes his church is the only true church.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#551607 Jul 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I used another translation. So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings[c] we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.
But that was NEVER my point but I did know one thing.
you would stick your nose in on something that didn't concern YOU.lol
Guiding you to truth...a freebie....

btw...any post on this public forum is my concern if I so deem it...
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#551608 Jul 26, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Regina"]<quo ted text>
Celibacy in the Priesthood
In examining the issue of celibacy, we should first address its historical development in the life of the Church and then, next week, its spiritual basis and relevance for today’s clergy.
Our Lord presented celibacy as a legitimate lifestyle not only by His very life, since He never married, but also in His teaching. When our Lord emphasized that marriage was a covenant between husband and wife and thereby prohibited divorce and re-marriage (cf. Mt 19:3-12), He concluded, "Some men are incapable of sexual activity from birth; some have been deliberately made so; and some there are who have freely renounced sex for the sake of God’s reign." Traditionally, our Church — as cited in the Catechism (No. 1579)— points to this "free renunciation of sex for the sake of God’s reign" as a basis for celibacy.
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologe...
----------
Jesus didn't marry because He didn't come to make more flesh in the world. He came to overcome the sin into which flesh had fallen. he couldn't do that by obeying the flesh.
He also said that there were very few who could 'deal' with celibacy...not hundreds...even thousands...who are required to promise to do so as a requirement for their position in the CC...and many of them don't make it.
I know that you will say that they 'willingly' take that pledge...but YOU know that if they do not, they will not be accepted.
"Few" does not mean "None". Obviously, "Some" could accept it even in Jesus' time.

The Orthodox Church also has celibacy requirements as I noted in a subsequent post. What are your thoughts on that?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#551609 Jul 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Traditions referred to in the Bible that are NOT in the bible:
1.Trinity
2.Apostles Creed
3. Immaculate a Conception
4. Nice cone Creed
5. Sign of the Cross
6. daily Mass
7. Seven Sacraments
8. Confession
9. Absolution
.......just to nsme a fee!,,,,,,,,,
Liar...

The definition of the Greek word for tradition in Scripture is: a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law:--ordinance, tradition.

You, typical of graduates of Hollywood 101, use the English definition: A time-honored practice or set of such practices....
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#551610 Jul 26, 2014
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to believe it was a hoax. But then we have to face the reality that the pope truly believes his church is the only true church.
Beginning to believe? Why didn't you check it out instead of putting your trust in web sites such as "Diversity Chronicle" and "Historical News" or whatever? That would have been the wisest and most prudent thing to do, the most "Christian" thing to do.

How many churches did Christ build? To how many churches did he impart His authority to bind and loose and give the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven?

So, of course, the Pope believes it! It's true! Have you ever read the document referred to in those articles you keep linking to? Just like your error about the "3rd Vatican Council", you're accepting whatever you read on the internet, no matter who publishes it, instead of going to the source and finding out what is truly stated, truly taught, truly believed. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#551611 Jul 26, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
...33,000?? That's a big drop from yesterday of 42,200.
YIKES!!
----------
I know. I just used his 'quote'. It IS usually 42,000.
have you NOT heard that Obama has called for all Tent Preachers to Fold up their tents. that is why there is a large drop according to {I do sin} aka cisco keed, plus all store front churches in Calif., especially around Berkeley. JK
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551612 Jul 26, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your alternative? We just appeared as fish and evolved into a freak half fish half man type cyborg? Lol. There was a creator. Deal with it.
LOL......

WOW!!!
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#551613 Jul 26, 2014
who="Robert F"]<quoted text>
KayMarie
Peace
I am so happy to see you are able to be on here. My concern and prayers for you have been answered.

----------
Many thanks to you and others who have prayed for me...and for your 'welcoming' back messages.
Praying for this group that eyes may be opened to the Loving Savior Who bids us to follow His example.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551614 Jul 26, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We ALL understand that your passion is to "trash the a Catholic Church"...We ALSO understand that THIS is what you live each day for.!.....
...,there you go again imagining things.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#551615 Jul 26, 2014
"Few" does not mean "None". Obviously, "Some" could accept it even in Jesus' time.
The Orthodox Church also has celibacy requirements as I noted in a subsequent post. What are your thoughts on that?

----------
When churches split, each keeps some of the original beliefs. Celibacy is still not a lifestyle that can be commanded of others. It is the foundation stone of the abuse scandal so prevalent today. Many of those men had high hopes of living a holy life, but they didn't understand that "the flesh is enmity (at war) with the spirit."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551616 Jul 26, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! That's weak...
You might try using the internet to study evolution so that you can somewhat intelligibly debate the topic. Otherwise, good luck with your new costumed job at The Holy Land Experience. I guess they will always need sheeple like you at the Holy Snack Hut....
Darwin and modern evolutionists still have lots of faith that given long enough periods of time,(lots of time) frogs would evolve into handsome princes.

Now....can you explain how???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551617 Jul 26, 2014
[QUOTE who="ReginaM."]In the Eastern Church, a distinction was made between bishops and other clergy as to whether they had to be celibate. Emperor Justinian’s Code of Civil Law forbade anyone who had children or even nephews to be consecrated a bishop. The Council of Trullo (692) mandated that a bishop be celibate, and if he were married, he would have to separate from his wife before his consecration. Priests, deacons, and subdeacons were forbidden to marry after ordination, although they were to continue to fulfill their marital vows if married before ordination. These regulations still stand for most of the Eastern Churches.
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/apologe...
[/QUOTE]

....but why??? You tell us the rules but you don't give clear information of what the real purpose for being celebrate is.

.....HUH!.....The clergy endorses the loving marriage of their followers, to love, be loved and have children, but the very same church that encourages marriage forbids their own clergy to enjoy the love of marriage and children themselves.

ReginaM.

....Its all about control.

....today you say no marriage for clergy!! But when the church finally changes their stance (and they will) and makes celibacy optional, that too will be the day you will say that's a good idea!!

.....,I wish for once you would use your own abilities to make decisions yourself, instead of changing your mind ONLY! When the church changes their mind.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#551618 Jul 26, 2014
who="atemcowboy"] <quoted text>have you NOT heard that Obama has called for all Tent Preachers to Fold up their tents. that is why there is a large drop according to {I do sin} aka cisco keed, plus all store front churches in Calif., especially around Berkeley. JK

----------
No, I had not heard that...but, why am I not surprised? Have you ever heard of Helen of Troy? An opposing army could not get through Troy's defense, so they "gave the city a gift'...a wooden horse that contained some of their soldiers. They were in...not by force, but by deceit.

We are in danger...
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#551619 Jul 26, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Michael"]<qu oted text>
...33,000?? That's a big drop from yesterday of 42,200.
YIKES!!
----------
I know. I just used his 'quote'. It IS usually 42,000.

......no! Not 42,000..........42,200! According to Hojo.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551620 Jul 26, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you meant to say, "the bibble makes us delusional."
Sure seems that way....
Only in your mind......
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#551621 Jul 26, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Beginning to believe? Why didn't you check it out instead of putting your trust in web sites such as "Diversity Chronicle" and "Historical News" or whatever? That would have been the wisest and most prudent thing to do, the most "Christian" thing to do.
How many churches did Christ build? To how many churches did he impart His authority to bind and loose and give the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven?
So, of course, the Pope believes it! It's true! Have you ever read the document referred to in those articles you keep linking to? Just like your error about the "3rd Vatican Council", you're accepting whatever you read on the internet, no matter who publishes it, instead of going to the source and finding out what is truly stated, truly taught, truly believed. Knowledge is a wonderful thing.
So holy are you. Never err or never wrong, or you just don't admit it.? I do not accept everything I read on the internet liar. What a good Christian you are compared to me.
Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Can you say with all certainty that Jesus wasn't speaking to all twelve disciples?
What do you think of what Paul spoke against?
1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
Is there another interpretation for this scripture or does it mean what it says literally?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#551622 Jul 26, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
When you quit lying and decide to leave "your church", make sure you come to The Church That Jesus Built and get saved in Catholicism.
Jesus didn't come to earth to leave a Book.
Jesus came to earth and established a living church, The Catholic Church.
Jesus established a SPIRITUAL church.....body of believers.....

Has NOTHING to do with the catholic, baptist, methodist churches, etc........

Do you really think that the New Testament Church has an earthly headquarter?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#551623 Jul 26, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A rose by any other name is still a rose......
By stepping forward despite this warning, when invited to do so, and by co-operating in the rest of the ordination service, the candidate is understood to bind himself equivalently by a vow of chastity. He is henceforth unable to contract a valid marriage, and any serious transgression in the matter of this vow is not only a grievous sin in itself but incurs the additional guilt of sacrilege.
If he does not accept this requirement by stepping forward....a priest he is not...pure and simple...
Cite your sources, thief.

You don't have the brains to write that quote.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#551624 Jul 26, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
When churches split, each keeps some of the original beliefs. Celibacy is still not a lifestyle that can be commanded of others. It is the foundation stone of the abuse scandal so prevalent today. Many of those men had high hopes of living a holy life, but they didn't understand that "the flesh is enmity (at war) with the spirit."
In reality, the celibacy requirement had absolutely nothing to do with it. A healthy man if unable to keep his vow, would seek out a woman, not a child or teenager. Baptists and other Protestant clergy don't take vows of celibacy and sex abuse is far greater among them than Catholic priests, so your claim is inaccurate.

While "few" are unable to accept it, some are and are called to do so by God. The vast majority of priests.....94-95% are able to. How do you account for that?
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#551625 Jul 26, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....but why??? You tell us the rules but you don't give clear information of what the real purpose for being celebrate is.
.....HUH!.....The clergy endorses the loving marriage of their followers, to love, be loved and have children, but the very same church that encourages marriage forbids their own clergy to enjoy the love of marriage and children themselves.
ReginaM.
....Its all about control.
....today you say no marriage for clergy!! But when the church finally changes their stance (and they will) and makes celibacy optional, that too will be the day you will say that's a good idea!!
.....,I wish for once you would use your own abilities to make decisions yourself, instead of changing your mind ONLY! When the church changes their mind.
I Timothy 3:15 Paul gives the "answer" that WE and the other 1.2 billion Catholics believe, follow and have adhered to for over 2000 years when he calls THE CHURCH------THE CHURCH ----again THE'CHURCH.-------(Not the bible alone- Not your opinion Michael, Not ANY of the 42,200 + contradicting. Protestant bible only denominations )-------again THE CHURCH is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of tha TRUTH.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 8 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web